Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 31, 2021 7:24 PM

Jun 2019
Gween_Gween said:
Kind of like how HigeHiro had characters that tell the main characters that his action are not ok.

The problem with Higehiro - at least the problem as I see it and how it came across to me, is that it was aggressively, repetitively, obnoxiously, and disgustingly preachy throughout. It was executed very clumsily in a totally artificial seeming manner and it really undermined the whole investment and care I had in the show and its story, world, and the outcome for the main characters when the mangaka/author/or any other writers/creative team associated feel the need either as a reflection of their own views or under outside external pressure to use so many characters one after another as a mouthpiece for an expression of their fanatic moralizing view opposed to the main duo's relations.

It's like, it's perfectly fine to have that view and we can debate the merits of it. You can write it into the unfolding of the plot told through events. Or you even can have a character overtly express it. You can have several characters express it. But it doesn't need to cheaply and artificially be every single character in the most blatant fake manner with little deviation or variation. It felt more like a church or Twitter sermon by the end.
WatchTillTandavaOct 31, 2021 7:27 PM
Oct 31, 2021 8:54 PM

May 2021
WatchTillTandava said:
Gween_Gween said:
Kind of like how HigeHiro had characters that tell the main characters that his action are not ok.

The problem with Higehiro - at least the problem as I see it and how it came across to me, is that it was aggressively, repetitively, obnoxiously, and disgustingly preachy throughout. It was executed very clumsily in a totally artificial seeming manner and it really undermined the whole investment and care I had in the show and its story, world, and the outcome for the main characters when the mangaka/author/or any other writers/creative team associated feel the need either as a reflection of their own views or under outside external pressure to use so many characters one after another as a mouthpiece for an expression of their fanatic moralizing view opposed to the main duo's relations.

It's like, it's perfectly fine to have that view and we can debate the merits of it. You can write it into the unfolding of the plot told through events. Or you even can have a character overtly express it. You can have several characters express it. But it doesn't need to cheaply and artificially be every single character in the most blatant fake manner with little deviation or variation. It felt more like a church or Twitter sermon by the end.

Well, yeah, HigeHiro was filled with problems, but one of the problems that HigeHiro had is that the action of the main character was illegal (To the point the author had to ask the audience to not follow the actions) and for a good reason. The problem is then that to cop out of such the story is filled with spaces where they tell "Well dude what you doing is OK but you know this is illegal" that go nowhere since in no point of the story there is a drawback about it being illegal (The MC life is better because he rescued the girl, the girl is in a better place because she was rescued, and for some reason her house was an actual hell because her mother was literally satan).

I get kind of the same vibes here, the main character know that this is wrong, it is socially wrong too, but with all being said the main character and the main girl are just having a positive relationship through this situation, the guy is finding the light after the tunnel and the girl is just that light.

It is just, by my perspective, the worst way to focus this type of situation, because it doesnt give any message about the fight that people that are still being sold as child brides have to face (Since it is still a worldwide problem about woman rights). I understand that the point of the anime was making a romantic comedy about a child being sold to another family because her family was poor, I just find the whole concept distasteful, even if it is plausible. If Yuzuki happens to have a twist it would be alright, but since there is already a time leap of 6 months I don't see that as anything but a forced step-back to clarify that the main girl is still a human being

Nov 1, 2021 5:31 AM
Dec 2019
Tamako is hard on Tamahiko. He only has one arm he can use and she's being inconsiderate and mean. He can't do things because of it, it's not his fault that he only has one arm he can use. Also I was surprised to see that Yuzu had big boobs because she's so small and it doesn't match her character design but I guess it added a bit of humor to the situation. I'm glad that Yuzu got better too, she is very kind and probably the best character so far.
Nov 1, 2021 6:47 PM

Apr 2008
Gween_Gween said:
How long do I have to wait for a reasoning behind Yuzu extreme selflessness? The story is a one directional care, with the token "I need your help too" to showcase the character's growth. Should I believe that Yuzu could exist as a human being? I cant believe people buy this plot when as of now it is just bland wish fulfillment, the main character is just a gray guy that reminds us how miserable he is in every single scene, while the main girl is just a shiny star that doesnt get affected by anything (Of weight) apparently so she can go full force into supporting him

This is what's killing it for me. The guy has all these moments of guilt that get resolved by Yuzu being all for this, but... why? Yuzu doesn't feel like a person at all, and that leaves me uncomfortable with the whole thing. Think I'm gonna drop.
Nov 2, 2021 1:32 AM

Aug 2018
Tamahiko was in a situation, but Yuzu still wants to help him.
Good chapter
Nov 2, 2021 10:16 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
It was cute but why did they implement the boobs scene. Felt really off, idk. Was all in all just unnecessary

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Nov 2, 2021 7:39 PM

Dec 2020
yuzu with big bong bongs, she should stop binding it everyday. like health wise, its dangerous to do that everytime everyday, especially more than 8 hours straight

i also hope that tamahiko gets to do some chores too, washing vegetables, cleaning the table, helping with drying laundry etc, those are some things he can definitely do, just needs to get used to it

tamako's going back to be a doctor?? boss shit !!!! hope she succeeds at it. and with her gone we're probably gonna meet the brother? hope he's not weird to yuzu lol
Nov 3, 2021 1:00 AM

Aug 2020
she was keeping those boings all this time?? must've taken all toll on her squeezing it that much lol.

tamahiko's so helpless lol. Yuzu's just too kind to keep devoting herself to that "pessimist". I do hope he gets over how pathetic he is.
Nov 4, 2021 1:55 AM

Dec 2011
Bio said:
Gween_Gween said:
How long do I have to wait for a reasoning behind Yuzu extreme selflessness? The story is a one directional care, with the token "I need your help too" to showcase the character's growth. Should I believe that Yuzu could exist as a human being? I cant believe people buy this plot when as of now it is just bland wish fulfillment, the main character is just a gray guy that reminds us how miserable he is in every single scene, while the main girl is just a shiny star that doesnt get affected by anything (Of weight) apparently so she can go full force into supporting him

This is what's killing it for me. The guy has all these moments of guilt that get resolved by Yuzu being all for this, but... why? Yuzu doesn't feel like a person at all, and that leaves me uncomfortable with the whole thing. Think I'm gonna drop.

Her family sell her to an unknow rich family and I assume she feels the need to look after Tamahiko because it's her only purpose in life now. She probably needs to do that, look after him, shows her cheerfulness to occupy her mind, otherwise she will cry all day.
She has a strong will, she probably thinks she can loves him one day too.

Don't know if you can understand what I try to say, english isn't my first languages. Sorry
Nov 4, 2021 7:16 PM

Apr 2008
Raikiri29 said:
Bio said:

Her family sell her to an unknow rich family and I assume she feels the need to look after Tamahiko because it's her only purpose in life now. She probably needs to do that, look after him, shows her cheerfulness to occupy her mind, otherwise she will cry all day.
She has a strong will, she probably thinks she can loves him one day too.

That would be one way to put nuance on the situation, but it's not in the show and not giving me the impression it will be. We don't feel it in her private moments or her commitment, and I imagine I'd feel silly waiting around expecting the show to give her depth.
Nov 4, 2021 11:14 PM

Jul 2014
Holy shit Yuzu is an oppai loli! I definitely didn't see that coming lol. Kinda weird how that didn't really go anywhere though and Yuzu was dressed as usual the next day.

I really liked that what happened inspired Tamako to become a doctor but it sucks that she has to leave.
Nov 5, 2021 11:20 AM

Apr 2015
I see little bits and pieces of buildup for Yuzu but not quite enough for her to feel human yet.
Nov 6, 2021 2:38 PM

Mar 2019
mmm Very Good Episode... but despite i honestly think "Pretty Booba Loli" are cute... i honestly disliked it in Yuzuki... flat yuzu is cuter... </3
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 9, 2021 10:25 AM

Oct 2017
Yuzu got sick but I'm glad she got well soon. Also wow she's stacked, wasn't expecting that.

Liked the interactions between Yuzu and Tamahiko. She was a sweet angel as usual.
Nov 13, 2021 2:30 AM

Jan 2015
Aside from Yuzu's "Secret", the Episode feels like focusing more to Tamako since it's a good time for her to know and learn about how true love works, how it can change your way of thinking too. And the good thing is she successfully learn about it.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 13, 2021 5:52 PM
Jun 2013
Damn, so now Yuzu is literally perfect :D
Nov 20, 2021 6:14 AM

Dec 2020
hm. episode was fine i guess. tamahiko is doing a great job of doing nothing at all, overworking yuzu like that. its sad. weird how they put so much focus on a 14 yr olds chest…
Nov 22, 2021 2:49 PM

May 2015
Oh thank god she's leaving. Its not that I hate her but if she stayed that suggests that each side character will end up living with the MC as the house is big. I like the idea of it just being the two of them living there.

Also, didn't expect the huge rack thing XD. I'm glad she went back to using the bandage cause her with a big rack looks a bit odd.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 9, 2021 5:20 AM

Mar 2018
Gween_Gween said:
It is just, by my perspective, the worst way to focus this type of situation, because it doesnt give any message about the fight that people that are still being sold as child brides have to face (Since it is still a worldwide problem about woman rights).

I'm not sure what you are asking for.

The problem isn't that Yuzuki was bought. She consented to be bought because her family was poor. The underlying problem is poverty. What do you expect the characters to do about it?

The story does, however, have a highly patriarchal if not downright misogynistic tone. The subjugation of women is consistently romanticized. That is a valid point of criticism, IMO. This trope applies to all of the author's works; she is very much the opposite of a feminist.
Dec 9, 2021 5:37 AM

May 2021
SpectrumDT said:
Gween_Gween said:
It is just, by my perspective, the worst way to focus this type of situation, because it doesnt give any message about the fight that people that are still being sold as child brides have to face (Since it is still a worldwide problem about woman rights).

I'm not sure what you are asking for.

The problem isn't that Yuzuki was bought. She consented to be bought because her family was poor. The underlying problem is poverty. What do you expect the characters to do about it?

The story does, however, have a highly patriarchal if not downright misogynistic tone. The subjugation of women is consistently romanticized. That is a valid point of criticism, IMO. This trope applies to all of the author's works; she is very much the opposite of a feminist.

I would expect the author to not romanticize the concept lmao

Dec 13, 2021 10:32 PM

May 2010
You are telling me in one episode Tamako and Tamahiko's relationship got better? I don't like that. Too forced. 1.5/5 for me.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 22, 2022 2:34 AM
Jan 2016
This was kinda overdramatic. Also tamahiko somehow absolutely changed in just one ep.
And how come in 6 months he did no preparations to be able to use the house without his hand? If only he used a bucket instead of that weird container, he could have brought the water without issues.
Jan 30, 2022 8:26 PM

Nov 2014
Poor Yuzu, getting ill because of she overworked herself. Tamahiko getting really down and desperate again beacuse of him feeling unworthy and can't doing anything while one of his hand is disabled.

Good grief Tamako act quick and try to find a doctor around the village near the villa. It diagnosed that Yuzuki doing too much of work tiring her body out and she can collapse anytime if she keep doing like that. As Tamahiko going to paid the doctor, harsh word came from the doctor and the assistant that he is the fault of Yuzu collapsing and blaming him as a "Shima" family name that kinda of prestigious family that looking down on people including his Sister. That silenced Tamahiko and made him became even more of feeling guilty. Hearing that Tamako immediately calmly drive them away and asking why he didn't fight their words back.

Just when Tamako was on a bath, Tamahiko in a shock saw Yuzuki was in pain and difficult to breath. She touch her chest with some blood in top of her chest wrapper from her bleeding hand trying to undo the top wrapper that tighten her chest. Because of no one there Tamahiko ended up helping her cut the wrapper with scissors and ...boing...
He didn't expect to saw her actual badoongas size :D, the way she forced those to be tightly wrapped that made her felt out of breath. Love the surprising face on both of them in that moments.

Tamahiko pessimistic side once again forced him to said the she better separate with him and go home as he'll just always burden her and even can make her collapse again in the future. As expected Yuzu hug him and tell him that she'll always by his side :3.

Well in the end Tamako telling them surprising thing that she want to become a doctor, that surprising both Tamahiko and Yuzuki.
Feb 13, 2022 4:22 AM

Jul 2015
The audacity of the doctor to call our precious (unexpectedly big tiddy) Yuzu a mere servant and spout on some dumb criticisms, very unprofessional of him.

Mar 22, 2022 7:09 AM

Apr 2011
I got really when Yuzu got sick t here. Good thing Tamako was there. Tamahiko can't help sadly because of his arm. I kind of mad about the doctor lambasting at him like that, as he doesn't know his situation as is he now considered 'dead' in his family. Still, he needs to thing a lot of things.

Got worried at blood on her chest, but it was actually Yuzu trying to remove the bandage that hid her massive boings boings of distraction. Honestly, I don't mind. Its anime, age is just numbers as you can make a year 12 look like an adult or 1000 year old person into a loli and make their breast bigger or whatever. Also even in real life, some people's bodies and women's breast aren't always equates to their age or body type.

Anyways, Tamako returning home and wanting to be a doctor was a surprise. Its gonna be less lively without her.
Jul 27, 2022 7:48 AM

Jun 2021
Yuzu is just full of surprises huh? Lol. I’m glad to see the relationship between her and the mc progressing. He really would be totally lost without her. Also, I kinda like the little sister. Thought she was trash at first, but I’m glad she turned out to be a pretty decent person.

What really bothers me is how everyone makes snap judgments about the dude and his family. That doctor and the nurse were really unprofessional. You don’t know shit about this guy or Yuzu. Stop commenting on their situation, you old bag of shit.
Aug 30, 2022 2:18 AM
Jun 2021
Every man wants a wife like her.
Sep 3, 2023 12:33 PM

Aug 2019
dropping this.
reason: tamako and tamahiko. two of the most infuriating characters ive seen.
shame as yuzu was a good character minus the pettan bait
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2023 10:41 PM
Apr 2022
I'm not even joking when I say this episode was probably the most realistic depiction of ableism and dealing with su1c14l ideation in a loved one.
First the ableism thing; this show isn't the first to have a disabled character that people are mean to. The people in Tamahiko's life are constantly reminding him that he can't do things because of his arm. What makes it so realistic is Tamahiko's reaction. He doesn't just blindly agree with them. When he's supposed to get the water, he actually tries first. And when he isn't able to, he tries to justify it to the others. Only then after having to face the fact that he was unable to complete the task does he agree that he isn't able to help.
Now the SI thing: In mental health training, one of the first things they teach you is that you cannot help someone who doesn't want. If someone is unable to change, then nothing you do will make a difference to them. In a lot of anime, a depressed character will change pretty much overnight from the power of friendship (Not that this is a bad thing. It's a plot device that's very entertaining and gives the not totally wrong idea that we should all be good and kind and helpful to our friends when they struggle). But when Yuzu is telling the story of her childhood friend and what her mother said on how best to help, that's pretty much exactly what they teach in mental health training. The best way to help someone out of that dark place isn't to convince them. It's to simply be there to support them until they are able to bring themselves out.
I really commend the creators of this story. It's goofy and lighthearted but they really seem to have taken the time to dig deep into what being physically disabled is like and how much it impacts every aspect of a person.
Dec 18, 2023 8:11 PM

Nov 2022
I was worried for a moment that Tamahiko would make use of the "Being-Mean-Towards-Someone-In-Order-To-Drive-Them-Away-Because-It's-For-Their-Own-Good" trope. But it seems hat no matter what he does, Yuzu will never abandon him. She's one stubborn girl!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2021

55 by HyperlinkBlocked »»
Mar 14, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2021

104 by basskiller »»
Jan 11, 2:53 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2021

50 by basskiller »»
Jan 8, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2021

52 by basskiller »»
Jan 6, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2021

45 by basskiller »»
Jan 3, 7:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.