Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mieruko-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2021 2:48 PM

Nov 2017
what an amazing show it's going to be! God, I have high expectations! I'll read manga as well :D from the cover - she's crying, and she's crying in the show, too... appropriate reaction. oh my God, that will be hard for Miko :D can't wait for ep 2!
Stay gold!
魔法よ魔法よ生まれておいで!
Sasuga Kasuga! Osaka fan club on MAL. Join us if you like Osaka-san!
Oct 3, 2021 2:50 PM

Feb 2016
Mesacboy said:
L0sMichal0s said:
Her ass is just too hot to be ignored and not workshipped and spread to the world

Anime fans get laid challenge
Difficulty: impossible

what does this have to do with being or not being a virgin ? maybe stop being cringe and enjoy some good thighs and ass instead
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Oct 3, 2021 2:51 PM
Feb 2021
i really enjoyed it, The slice of life / horror balance gave me school-live vibes, which i am very happy about. Its cool to see more horrors like this
Oct 3, 2021 2:55 PM
Sep 2021
That was scary, but I think I can endure it.

9/10 for the shear amount of ass and jumpscare
FreedomCannedOct 3, 2021 2:58 PM
Oct 3, 2021 3:04 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Well, looks quite promising for a first episode. Monsters look creepy enough and i like the personality of the Mc so far.

smoochie smoochie

Oct 3, 2021 3:53 PM

Sep 2021
wow first day and this anime already has 5 pages full of comments. Not gonna read through them all but i bet there are quite a few discussing about fanservice, judging from the threads that are up...

Pointless fanservice aside, this is rather funny and enjoyable...pointless fanservice aside...

Oct 3, 2021 4:01 PM

Sep 2018
Ha, that was awesome. Hilarious and some lovely fan service. Potential to be 10/10. That phone scene was pretty creepy.
Oct 3, 2021 4:06 PM
Aug 2021
I just love this show so much cause I'm into horror and comedy stuff a lot
Oct 3, 2021 4:09 PM
Oct 2021
I've never thought that I'll enjoy this show lmao
kinda suprise me when there is a fanservice in this kind of anime but as long the plot is good, i don't mind.
Overall 8,5/10 for eps 1
Oct 3, 2021 4:17 PM

Aug 2019
honestly I feel indifferent about the fan service, so I wouldn’t mind if it stayed or left
Oct 3, 2021 4:22 PM
Aug 2020
Honestly what a great way start off a show. OP was good AND funny; I liked how it referred to miko and said yamete yamete yamete… Horror, comedy, fan service, everything was just great and hilarious to watch.

Can’t wait to see how she’ll go through when she can she a literal ghost. If I was her, could see ghosts, I would scream the hell out unlike her. Now way I’m staying calm.
Oct 3, 2021 4:31 PM

Oct 2013
It was... Unusual. Of the good type. A bit of horror, a bit of comedy, and overall 'cute girls doing cute things' with quite the twist. Also her reactions are adorable. Also the budget and effort put in seem really good. Definitely watching
Oct 3, 2021 4:36 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I loved this, if this wasn’t a new seasonal show, I would definitely watch this for spooky month, because it’s perfect for it. And I’m glad to see a Passione anime that isn’t Higurashi Gou and Sotsu, tho I did enjoy those, and I gotta say I’m super into this one, the ghosts are freaky looking and we also have some nice fanservice, OP and ED were both great too. Potential favorite show of the season, and one of my favorites as of rn.
Oct 3, 2021 4:48 PM

Feb 2021
This is one of my most anticipated anime this season, and Passione did a very good job adapting the first episode. The one thing I wish they could've done better is Miko's scared/stoic expression. In the manga you can clearly tell she's afraid and is trying her best not to pay the ghosts any attention, but in the anime she looks like she just does not care about them. That's just a little nitpick of mine.

All in all, a solid first episode. Definitely going to keep watching.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Oct 3, 2021 4:50 PM

Feb 2017
A lot of fanservice haters here... i loved every frame of it.
To each their own i guess.
Oct 3, 2021 5:00 PM
Jan 2019
The horror direction is good, but I'm still trying to laugh at the comedy. I'll keep watching though!
Oct 3, 2021 5:31 PM

Jul 2021
Had mixed feelings on this one, the fanservice felt unnecessary but I don't really care. For the first half of the episode, it seemed like it was only focusing on the comedy part and the horror just didn't seem scary in the slightest, especially with how bright and bubbly the opening is and how the art style just looks like a typical slice of life. However, when the ghost creature things started appearing it definitely changed my mind. All in all, can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 3, 2021 6:00 PM

Aug 2018
...It's curious xD
I liked the first chapter. The opening is good and the ending is very curious xd
Oct 3, 2021 6:28 PM

Jun 2021
10/10 I quite liked today's episode and the uuFFFf scenes, animation quite well.

10/10 me gustó bastante el episodio de hoy y las escenas uuFFFf, animación bastante bien.
venecoland.
Oct 3, 2021 6:37 PM

Jun 2019
Really not feeling this one as much as I was hoping I would. What the hell is with all these ass shots and ridiculously short skirts? What purpose is there for that in a horror-comedy show? Speaking of such, I didn’t find the horror to be scary or the comedy to be funny. The ghosts desparately needed to be more graphic and detailed to get more of a reaction out of me. I hope it gets better than this.
Oct 3, 2021 6:46 PM
Jul 2018
the episode was great, glad that ive watched this early morning and not yesterdat night, if i watched this yesterday night i might not get a sleep for thinking the ghost from an anime😂 the first ghost who appeared while miko picked up her phone shocked me, would like to see more next week and this is the first horror with a comedy genre that ive watched.

Oct 3, 2021 6:48 PM

Jun 2019
I think the anime is good even without the fanservice. But I don't also mind it as long as the story is not shit. Pretty solid episode 1.
Oct 3, 2021 6:50 PM

Jan 2020
I wasn't expecting to enjoy the first episode so much. Miko is quite impressive for not freaking out and the passione artstyle that I never seem to like felt solid here

Atmosphere for the horror bits were done well in my opinion. I'm hoping the following episodes will be as enjoyable cause I liked this a lot

Oct 3, 2021 6:54 PM

Apr 2018
I was worried that adapting this manga might go down the junji ito route but its off to an incredible start! also i forgot how much ecchi there was in the early chapters lol. it really ruins the moment sometimes but oh my GOD that ass is so incredible
Oct 3, 2021 6:56 PM
Jul 2018
My God that bizarre anime in relation to these ghosts and Miko is a character who is calm when seeing one of these more after this end it all falls apart with her saying she can see these ghosts.
Oct 3, 2021 7:02 PM

Apr 2018
Blue_Maroon said:
Really not feeling this one as much as I was hoping I would. What the hell is with all these ass shots and ridiculously short skirts? What purpose is there for that in a horror-comedy show? Speaking of such, I didn’t find the horror to be scary or the comedy to be funny. The ghosts desparately needed to be more graphic and detailed to get more of a reaction out of me. I hope it gets better than this.

the manga is mostly more of the same. also the story isnt anything special.
Oct 3, 2021 7:05 PM

Jan 2021
Too much fan service, but maybe that counts as comedy.

OP & ED are pretty good, a mix of electronic music & a cheerful impression even though behind it has a dark story.
Oct 3, 2021 7:22 PM

Jan 2011
this seemed be one of those over hyped reddit manga's like jahy but the premise doesn't seem all that common and i can't recall the last "horror" anime i've watched since like Another lol think it did a good job of being spooky and jebaiting me up till the end these yokai's are nightmares and i all i can do is feel bad to have to see them all the time ,but like i wonder if at some point she just calls it quits and sees them what if their actually just harmless and simply just ugly

will keep with it and hopefully it goes somewhere not sure about the comedy it's more of a i just feel nothing but pity and can't laugh at the poor girl suffering.

ecchi threw me off was not expecting that many ass shots for this kind of show somehow managed to make pajama's lewd as hell
Oct 3, 2021 7:28 PM

Jun 2012
Underwhelmed by the first episode. The main character is a bore, her friend seems like a stock character, and there wasn't a single funny moment. I liked the parts with the ghosts so I will keep watching for that. Hopefully it picks up.
Shoot first, think never.
Oct 3, 2021 7:36 PM
Feb 2019
Honestly I feel like this show is going to be great.
Oct 3, 2021 7:57 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So far this is an interesting and very enjoyable premiere. A high-schooler fan services were fine, a typical bait for the first episode, but also can turned-off people down, depend on how you can used of it. For me, its just fine while the ghost really got its right moments.

Alright, decide to watch this on my morning to avoid any unnecessary nightmares. However, hell, my experience already expect all the jumpscare, but still got off-guard with a certain parts. That bus stop scene. Dude, those stop motion reaction from Miko, i like it, it feels so natural! That monster whose called Miko mama under the blanket also freak me out a bit. Poor her, the ghost must be done something on her bottom. I wonder if those and the bathroom one kinda related, i mean as a family before. Well, she was surely fucked up, then. Really looking forward to see the next. The chibi one must be helping Miko out of those nightmares. If only its works....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 3, 2021 8:00 PM

Nov 2020
That was pretty good
I thought it was gonna be strictly horror but it was pretty funny
I didn’t expect there to be ecchi though
I really like the Voice for the main character
Pretty good episode overall
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
Oct 3, 2021 8:25 PM

Aug 2020
Now that was an entertaining first ep

Was a little different from how I remember the manga starting but was still really good imo, no complaints about the voice actors or the animation. Best seasonal so far out of the ones I've seen

Also that op was so good, better than Blue Period op

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Oct 3, 2021 8:27 PM

May 2010
If there's something strange in your neighborhood, who you gonna call?
Kitaro!
Oct 3, 2021 8:40 PM

Oct 2018
This felt... pretty bad compared to the manga. The timing of the jokes and scares were all over the place, and the rather slow buildup made the whole episode feel kind of boring.

Oct 3, 2021 8:44 PM
Aug 2019
Loved the episode!!! Mieruko looks really cute in the anime style, and also Sora Amamiya as her seiyuu is a blessing... The OP and ED were super good too!!! Besides that, I forgot about the fanservice at the start lol Hopefully the anime drops it like the manga did. Also, the sound effects are scary...
Oct 3, 2021 8:44 PM

Apr 2020
Another anime that has cute and colorful OP but the anime is quite scary

Miko and Hana are so cute.
So Miko can see ghosts it seems she has a sixth sense so she can see ghosts, or there's some other reason why she can see ghosts.

I suspect that the girl with the twin tail hairstyle can also see ghosts, somehow she looks kinda sus.

It turned out to be an interesting anime and I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 3, 2021 8:49 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I don't think I ever seen such a perfect ass in anime, like just wow. Also I hope they din't blow their budget with the first episode animation, even the rain water splashes were really clean.
Oct 3, 2021 8:49 PM

Jul 2020
It has a good premise but goddamn the fanservice in this show lmao
Oct 3, 2021 9:07 PM
Nov 2011
so, hm, the ecchi isnt the problem here.
they adapted ONE chapter of the manga only for this episode... half of it is anime original and adds nothing to the plot. also there's no seiyuu announced for Shindou Rom, which makes me thing they aren't adapting the good part of the manga... the animation is pretty good, i think sound effects could be better used for the "scary" scenes, but i really hope they make at least 2 chapters per episode.
Oct 3, 2021 9:14 PM

Dec 2019
The opening and ending are wonderful! *u*
Oct 3, 2021 9:23 PM
Mar 2020
This is a show where you have to decide whether to be scared or laugh at the many ghosts that Mieruko-chan encounters.
Oct 3, 2021 9:30 PM
Feb 2018
The colour palette they chose already turned me off. They should have went for something dimmer rather than making it look like every other SOL out there. I don't think the horror bits translate well into animation either. The bathos that is the heart of the series doesn't work as good due to both the palette and the direction.
Oct 3, 2021 9:31 PM

Dec 2020
Idk why but that first ep felt kinda off.
The horror build up was nice, but the actual monster reveal thing was a little anticlimactic.
Hopefully the next ep is better
Oct 3, 2021 9:40 PM
Jul 2021
what i like ?

first

second

RedCobra75Oct 3, 2021 10:43 PM
Oct 3, 2021 9:41 PM
Dec 2017
Episodio bastante equilibrado para ser el primero, el fanservice y los sustos se ven que serán lo más importante.
Oct 3, 2021 10:33 PM

May 2021
this was kind of bland, hope this grows with the development of the characters but it didnt sell really well. The misplaced ass shots were funny though

Oct 3, 2021 11:07 PM

Jul 2015
SCP-178 anyone?
I guess they also become hostile when directly addressed.

Oct 3, 2021 11:08 PM

Jan 2020
It's a bit of a slow start, but Miko pretending not to see the demon at the stop was pretty amusing. Though, her plan and the humor doesn't seem to hold up too much beyond that. Hopefully things will get a little more chaotic and she'll figure out a different way to circumvent the spooky stuff.

Either way, I'll be following this all season.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 3, 2021 11:55 PM
Jul 2018
What a fascinating, horror and amazing ride this first episode was.
I totally love this episode, can't wait for episode 2.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2021

260 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 4, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

147 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 3, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

126 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 2, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Syureria - Oct 31, 2021

144 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 1, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2021

246 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 1, 5:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.