Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 26, 2021 10:24 PM

Mar 2020
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
There are MC's, some are very powerful or skilled but there are only a few MC's who show their human aspect as well.

As Nezu said that taking the first step seems like an impossible journey but those who take that step and carve a path out of it can surpass All Might.

Deku took that step amid these conditions where civilians gave up their hopes on heroes in an instant and the both groups lacked understanding and thus are not in harmony. He fought and rescued, did everything a hero must do to bring the country back to normal and that too single-handedly for most part.

He is a self sacrificing idiot and it costed him to go astray, misunderstood his classmates motives and worked so much he looked like a villain and went further away from his goal to become a hero who can smile and put the civilians at ease.

Someone had to take a stand for him and Uraraka was watching him from the very beginning so thank you Uraraka, Deku deserves some rest.

Seeing civilians changing their views from telling Deku to go away to emphasize with him felt weird but they changed their views on heroes so quickly that it isn't surprising anymore.

Go Kota, save your hero.

Seeing Deku cry and kneeling down felt so emotional, it's okay to cry Deku, you did more than enough. You went solo, changed people's heart you have done much.

An interesting parallel here, in the U.A entrance exam Uraraka wanted to give Deku some of her points coz he saved her so it's like Uraraka stood for Deku to get his admission into U.A and the same is being done now for his return to U.A, his hero academy.

"Now this is the story of how I became the greatest hero and how we became the greatest heroes".

Go Beyond, PLUS ULTRA !!!
Aug 27, 2021 1:39 AM

Apr 2014
I mother f***ing swear all life given to me. I want to cry hard. So damn hard. Are you kidding me? Horikoshi stop it man. I swear stop it! From "This is the story how I became a great hero" to "This is the story of how we became the Greatest Heroes"!. Dude that ending scene with Kota running to his hero along with the girl that was saved by him running to him. Damn it all! Are you serious?! Ugh. I swear if they do this right in the anime. I will burst out tears. SO much I will fill a cup...
You can be a hero from All Might that made him cry. Now Uravity's speech that made him cry harder. Where the hell is All Might DAMN IT?! He should be watching and listening to this. Horikoshi do not break my heart man. Not right now! Damn it All!
alphazero4umAug 27, 2021 1:48 AM
Aug 27, 2021 1:52 AM

Mar 2015
hero save people, but who save hero?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 27, 2021 3:44 AM

Dec 2020
Ok MHA going Soviet....We “OUR HERO ACADEMIA” now. When I read the Pre release post, I found that so corny tho....why? Oh and I am also wondering whether the man from the first chap remembers Deku

Aug 27, 2021 4:47 AM
Feb 2021
from "i" to "we" really got me in tears. Heroes are also the ones who emotionally support the others and uraraka and the rest of the class did exactly that
Aug 27, 2021 6:27 AM

Feb 2009
Deku to his kids, and "that is how your mother defend me" haha
Aug 27, 2021 6:28 AM

Feb 2014
I hope we are done with this already, I want some action.
Aug 27, 2021 8:46 AM

Oct 2017
Emotional chapter, Uraraka did great.
Aug 27, 2021 8:52 AM

Jan 2008
That hit hard. Deku finally broke and is letting it all out.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 27, 2021 10:21 AM

Apr 2018
From ''I'' to ''We'', so this is the first step for Deku and the rest. Incredible chapter. It was obvious that he wouldn't go rogue anymore but it was understandable. He can't go on like that anymore. Heroes save heroes.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 27, 2021 10:34 AM

May 2020
Great chapter,and some great panels.Just shows how much they think about each other
Aug 27, 2021 10:43 AM

Aug 2020
MHA is now really one goddamn amazing Shonen manga that everyone should accept, man this chapter is so emotional 😢😭
Aug 27, 2021 12:20 PM

Jan 2014
that last page has more meanings than the entire chapter.
anyway, that one civilian guy need to shut the fuck up.
Aug 27, 2021 1:24 PM
Jun 2015
Deku is by far the biggest pussy ass bitch in all of Shonen like why tf is he crying for the billionth fuckin time in the series? Im sick of it! Horikoshi pretty much killed what potential was left in this joke of an MC. My god!🙄 Just let him get some developement ffs!
Aug 27, 2021 3:47 PM

Mar 2014
One step at a time, there's no need to run...

Dammit girl JUST CONFESS TO DEKU ALREADY!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Aug 27, 2021 3:52 PM
Sep 2020
Man...what a chapter.....This chapter just hit different on a another level..Horikoshi has outdone himself
Aug 28, 2021 9:00 AM

Jul 2020
From "This is the story of how I became the world's greatest hero to how we all became the world's greatest hero.
Wonderful job on the narrative aspect Horikoshi. You truly gained by immense respect. I never thought how this one chapter can make the whole series so much better. Truly the most powerful chapter we have seen yet and there might be more. I'm very excited. Can't wait to get more goosebumps once this scene gets animated.
This is a unique thing I've seen in a superhero series. Usually it is the Heroes that save people but in My hero acaedemia it is the HEROES that need saving too. What a great character development for Uraraka. At first, she only saw Deku as who she inspires and as a love interest but now she sees him as a "Hero" and as "Izuku Midoriya".
Uraraka is what Sakura should've been.

shane_nichols said:
Deku is by far the biggest pussy ass bitch in all of Shonen like why tf is he crying for the billionth fuckin time in the series? Im sick of it! Horikoshi pretty much killed what potential was left in this joke of an MC. My god!🙄 Just let him get some developement ffs!

You just don't understand what is character development. If you think just being edgy is called the so called "development" then it's better if you just drop the Manga altogether cuz this series WILL turn light hearted again in a couple of more arcs.
ScordoloAug 28, 2021 9:36 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Aug 28, 2021 12:24 PM

Jun 2017
Is this the monologue that waas hinted at the start of season 2?
Aug 28, 2021 8:17 PM

Mar 2020
pranaynighukar said:
Is this the monologue that waas hinted at the start of season 2?
"This is the story of how I became the worlds greatest hero" was the first monologue of s2.

"and this is the story of how we became the worlds greatest heroes" is added this chapter.
Aug 29, 2021 1:17 AM
Aug 2017
Ochako's speech...
Deku's tears...
Kota running to comfort Deku...

DAMMIT! Does Horikoshi thrive off of our feels because if so, he's got an Olympic pool's worth from me these last few chapters.
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Things more important then what your hunting for, could be right there on the side of the road.”

Aug 29, 2021 2:37 AM

Jan 2009
Ochako will save Deku

together they are the greatest heroes
Aug 29, 2021 8:13 AM

Dec 2013
We all became the greatest heroes!

It feels so satisfying seeing the series go full circle.
Aug 29, 2021 8:43 AM
Jan 2021
I am not a fan of all these speeches, I know their important for building up relationships and stuff... But it just feels so repetitive, nothing new is happening😭

(I did like that they're all the best heroes tho)
Aug 29, 2021 9:00 AM
Apr 2020
Still waiting for the uraraka traitor reveal
Aug 29, 2021 9:12 AM

Nov 2016
This a nice spin on power of friendship and such a major moment for this series.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 29, 2021 9:44 AM

Apr 2020
[beginning of Our Hero Academia]
The greatest hero was the friends we made along the way. Pack it in guys. No more hero rankings. Everybody's invited to the Justice League.
Aug 29, 2021 10:04 AM

Mar 2018
This chapter hit hard. My favorite chapter in a while
Aug 29, 2021 10:52 AM

Feb 2018
Damn that last panel was beautiful.. seeing Kota running towards Deku, crying wanting to hug him along the girl he saved, the feels :')
Aug 29, 2021 11:35 AM

Jun 2014
Very powerful chapter that really brings together everything we've seen so far in this story. Ochako has been the MVP these last few chapters.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 29, 2021 11:50 AM

Feb 2021
Incredible chapter as usual
Aug 29, 2021 11:50 AM

Feb 2010
D'awww, Uraraka's rosy cheeks are hereditary.
Aug 29, 2021 1:31 PM
Nov 2019
Make fun of Deku crying all you want, it was extremely warranted here. I like how last chapter and this had shots of various other side characters like Kota and Eri, as well as the parents.
Aug 29, 2021 1:58 PM
Aug 2021
this chapter messed me up

..in the best way :’)
Aug 29, 2021 4:15 PM

Jul 2013
The panel of young!Inko and then Kota were the highlights for me. Aw.
Aug 29, 2021 5:12 PM

Aug 2012
Loved it. The full shonen emotional embrace My Hero Academia has towards it's characters is one of my favourite things about it. Just out in the open, full blown shonen energy, makes it a bit corny (his hero academy) but it's so earnest I find it easy to become enveloped in it.

The ending twist on the beginning lines from "how I became the greatest hero" to "how we all became the greatest heroes" was excellent. A nice conclusion to Deku's own recent character direction, and a signal towards a brighter future both for him, and the hero society in general. Loved the emphasis on Kota at the end too.
Aug 29, 2021 5:13 PM
Nov 2019
Damn, what a great chapter! That last page made me cry, it's so beautiful.
Aug 29, 2021 7:41 PM

Nov 2020
I was kinda annoyed by most of this chapter tbh, but when Koda and the fox looking lady went on to meet Deku I couldn't help but cry
Aug 30, 2021 12:19 AM

Oct 2016
If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go cry in the corner. What a fantastic chapter, it really does feel like we are getting closer and closer to the end, which is sad, but it's better to finish on a high note than to drag it down. Maybe a 100+ chapters left give or take.

It's time to change the title once again, from My Hero Academia to My Villain Academia and now it's Our Hero Academia. This has been foreshadowed long ago, that leaving it all to one man, which was All Might, is not good. It's time to form the Justice League or Avengers in the MHA world.

I love the parallels to the "You can become a hero" scene from the very beginning, this is definitely one of the most important moments in Deku's life. Uraraka is such a great character, time to put the ring on her my boy. That last page of Kota and our beloved fox girl running up to Deku was so nice. Can't wait for the next chapter, I hope we got some rest chapters before shit hits the fan again.
Aug 30, 2021 2:15 AM

Nov 2012
Absolutely amazing chapter, nearly teared it from every page. If this becomes "Our Hero Academia" I would be in love with the idea, such a great message to send.
Aug 30, 2021 4:31 AM

Jan 2011
The whole thing about the class becoming the greatest heroes sounds nice and all, but again with how irrelevant some of the classmates are it hollows it a bit.
Aug 30, 2021 10:01 PM

Nov 2018
I know the tone in the recent arcs is quite dark, but I seriously think that Horikoshi is moving towards Ochako's confession, given how boldly she defended Izuku.

JUST GIVE ME THAT WHOLESOME ROMANCE HORIKOSHI DAMMIT!
यदा यदा हि धर्मस्य ग्लानिर्भवति भारत।
अभ्युत्थानमधर्मस्य तदात्मानं सृजाम्यहम् ॥४-७॥

परित्राणाय साधूनां विनाशाय च दुष्कृताम् ।
धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय सम्भवामि युगे युगे ॥४-८॥
Sep 2, 2021 2:48 PM

Mar 2010
This series became wholesome again.

Also, Hero Academia is back to being relevant with Hero Academia. I was at some point thinking how does the "academia" part even fit into the storyline anymore. Like how is it relevant, when the world is at chaos. And, Horikoshi, connected it all.

Good job
Sep 2, 2021 8:14 PM

Dec 2020
BRUHHHH AIZAWA’S GONNA DIE ISNT HE 😭😭 Ik its early to say that and we dont know much but please say it’s not just me that thought this-
Sep 2, 2021 8:15 PM

Dec 2020
Jhaku said:
Absolutely amazing chapter, nearly teared it from every page. If this becomes "Our Hero Academia" I would be in love with the idea, such a great message to send.

I will pass away that’d be fucking amazing
Sep 4, 2021 6:26 AM
Jul 2018
This was really a great chapter, though I don't know why I couldn't stop laughing
Sep 4, 2021 6:32 AM

Mar 2016
The hardest step one must take is the first step, something that Uraraka took all by herself to defend and convince that Deku should be allowed entrance to his very own school, his own hero academia. I loved just how assertive and overpowering her words of nothing less than facts were! Witness as the person whom you all have tried to deny access were the one who was actually busting his ass all alone out there, all in order to ensure your safety. Where is your decency? Where is your humanity? Where is your care when the person who has always tried his best to protect you all is now crumbling in exhaustion, pain and anguish? Who will save the heroes when they needed to be saved? Who else but everyone else, but one must take that first step for this to be realized, and that someone is, again, Uraraka herself.

From what I can see, not only did Uraraka convinced the countless civilians within the shelter to consider their perspective on Deku and let him into his own school, but also the audience themselves, and by the audience, I meant US. I swear, last chapter forum posts are filled with nothing but detest for how cheesy and boring the story is going, but they have gotten all too disattached from how Deku feels going through what he's been going through all these months. However, with Uraraka's speech, not only has she embolden the spirit and hope within the citizens of the manga but us as the real-life counterparts to them as well.

In the end, it's not about which one singular entity will become the greatest hero, it's us as a whole who'll become the greatest heroes, Our Hero Academia.
Sep 6, 2021 11:31 AM

May 2020
Not gonna lie I was never a Uraraka fan. So I only felt cringe reading this and the previous chapter. She was a pretty useless character from the start, just your typical female character who likes the MC. There was not really any character development of her before (maybe me there were one or two but I've forgotten them, so that speaks for itself). Because she was a useless character, her giving this speech felt forced and cringy. I felt Yaoyorozu or Tenya Iida should have given the speech since they had good development. But this speech could be a start for Uraraka's development, if this was it for her development then she'll become useless again.
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 3, 2022 6:32 PM

May 2016
It's hard to not get emotional over seeing Deku finally break down upon seeing how hard Ochako's trying to convince everyone to let him stay. Kouta and the woman he saved going out of their way to comfort him made me feel all the more emotional.

Apr 10, 2022 3:43 AM

Feb 2021
It was a bit overdramatic but it was a powerful speech.

It was nice to see fox lady and Kota coming to Deku's aid.

Aug 22, 2022 7:53 AM

Feb 2019
I can't, these chapters are making me angry.

What a bunch of good for nothing losers. These absolute clowns have no right to say who can or can't rest at a shelter. They don't own it, nor have they helped maintain it.

The best course of action now would be for Shigaraki to show up and kill all the civilians in the shelter. That would make me happy.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

16 by IzanaSolos »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

51 by Biisoo »»
Today, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.