Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 12, 2008 4:24 AM

Jun 2007
the art was freakish, but not bad enough to make me drop it. i got used to it.

i will keep watching this for the lolz, and because i am actually interested in the story.(as cliche as it may seem)

not too fond of the music, but well... what can i do...

i completely noticed lelouch's VA (yaeh, i dont know his name yet), and Yuku Goto, but i thought they did a good job.
Apr 12, 2008 10:13 AM

Dec 2007
Hmm i thought this was ok and is it just me or are there hands and legs really long ?
Apr 12, 2008 3:31 PM

Nov 2007
I didn't think I would enjoy this, but I actually got into it after the beginning. I hope it continues to be entertaining.
Apr 12, 2008 3:38 PM

Sep 2007
Am I the only one who didn't notice the super long body parts?? o_O Maybe I should actually start 'paying attention' when I watch D:
Apr 13, 2008 8:02 PM

Jul 2007
Okay, where did that come from? I don't remember the manga (the first volume, anyway; that's all I've read thus far) being this awesome! It looks really nice, and such a great sense of humor~ it gave me Ouran vibes. (The jumping competition was pretty overly silly, though.) This might actually be my favorite of the big three spring 2008 shoujo at the moment.

I thought everybody talking about the long limbs was exaggerating, but... wow. Those are some long legs.

oh, these little earthquakes
Apr 14, 2008 3:39 AM

Apr 2007
The quality wasn't the best, but i loved the 2nd half. In any case, bring on more!~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2008 2:40 PM

Jan 2008
I didn't really notice the skinnyness.

Yeah, I really liked that. Both this and Itazura have been surprisingly good, and while I'm not as fond of kure-nai as some, I think it's pretty decent.

So, three good shoujo's this season. =D
<3
Apr 14, 2008 9:17 PM

Jun 2007
so a few things...

first the animation xD
I think they have the potential to make the art better... the way they did it... how do I say it, they look like sticks. so freaking skinny and tall O_O

second, the anime seem normal. cute, but normal. nothing really special. but who says thats a bad thing? I liked it. Im definetly going to keep watching =D

third, they are so cute together xD the girl kind of reminds me of tenma(?) from school rumble. forgot how to spell her name =O
but yeah.

in conclusion, Im looking foward to the next episode
Apr 14, 2008 9:23 PM

Feb 2008
xxjanism said:

they are so cute together xD the girl kind of reminds me of tenma(?) from school rumble.

She is soo like Tenma!! when I read the manga that was the first thing that came to mind. They're both totally dense xD
Apr 15, 2008 9:52 AM

Nov 2007
I actually liked the art. ._.; And I noticed the weird legs, but, eh, it didn't bother me. I really liked Episode 1. Megumi reminded me a little of Ichijou from Pani Poni Dash! <333 All of the characters are loveable already, and it was definately enjoyable. I can't wait for the next episode!

Apr 15, 2008 12:56 PM

Nov 2007
great episode~ funnier as the manga~

Apr 16, 2008 11:58 AM

Aug 2007
lol

Pretty good episode. I look forward to the new ones. It's hard for me to believe that part or somewhat of this is about wrestling.
Apr 17, 2008 1:00 AM

Nov 2007

wehh.. i love the first episode..
it makes me laugh..!
its gReat..!
Apr 18, 2008 8:00 AM

Jul 2007
Lucy_sky said:
confused_kitsune said:
Enjoyable, but I expected a bit more...

Same here. I still liked it though :D

same again...but i'm going to stick with it till the end, as i luv the manga >_<..
what does put me off is when i see Kei 'love-expression-face' towards Hikari..sometimes the love-looks in his face kinda give me the impression of a child-looking-at-candy-that-he-wants-soo-much..(totally not cool, which makes me laugh at the end lol..)

and yeah Hikari a lot more cuter in manga, i couldn't help it but part of her character somewhat reminds me of Minami Kana/Miu..hopefully i can cast a spell soon...be gone unsatisfied feeling..
Apr 18, 2008 8:36 AM

Dec 2007
Good epiosde. The character designs looks okay. I think the art sytle is little decent. I have yet to read the manga. Good series, at least.
Apr 21, 2008 1:28 PM

Jul 2007
i loved it
the main guy is very cute ^___^
Apr 26, 2008 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't expect much going into it so this was a really pleasant surprise. The elongated limbs threw me off at first but it seemed to work with the comedy.
Jun 1, 2008 3:21 AM
Oct 2007
Skinny >_>
Aug 29, 2008 1:56 PM

Oct 2007
looks pretty cool for first episode.^^
Sep 11, 2008 3:39 PM

May 2008
meh, i liked the manga more. the anime didnt quite seem as interesting.

May 3, 2009 1:32 AM

Aug 2008
What is this CLAMP? good episode starting off, in the beginning and middle of the episode I was semi turned off by some of the characters, however by the end I just about made good with all of em. Look forward to a good series.

Go Yuko Goto!

May 7, 2009 9:46 AM

Jan 2009
What was -this-? I'm totally disappointed. The character designs are a bit off, and the romancy lovey-dovey stuff is just too much and too soon. -_-'' But since I enjoyed the manga, I'll force myself to see it through, I guess. Hope there's better stuff coming up.
Aug 20, 2009 10:16 AM

Jun 2009
Stick people!
Sep 2, 2009 12:36 PM

Jul 2009
great episode!! this is a promising anime!
Sep 3, 2009 5:23 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, their legs are insanely long.
I <3 Kei's voice. Jun is doing his Lelouch's voice. Whenever he talks, I'd always imagine Lelouch there. <3 Lelouch. :D
Dec 20, 2009 7:11 PM

Jul 2009
I LOL'd when the band showed up and Takishima was like "urg".
Really liked it!
Jan 8, 2010 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
Hahaa!

So far the concept is great, but I can't get over their leg length! Loving the comedy side of it as well :)

Shame there's no elite section in every school... Would take social segregation to the max though :P
Jan 16, 2010 4:08 PM

Jan 2010
This episode is so cute. I give it a 10/10 rating. I love Special A^^
Feb 17, 2010 8:30 PM
Dec 2009
Little_Sparrow said:

So far the concept is great, but I can't get over their leg length! Loving the comedy side of it as well :)

lol
Mar 12, 2010 8:05 PM

Mar 2010
the art is..fascinating
Apr 5, 2010 4:18 AM
Sep 2008
i didn't like the ep im really disappointed since i heard good stuff about it
i luv Kei voice it's lelouch voice
the band was funny
Apr 8, 2010 8:44 AM

Apr 2009
Now thats rare... I actually disliked an anime's art style...
Apr 10, 2010 1:25 PM

Nov 2008
A really good first episode.

Great intro into the 2 main characters and the rest of the SA class.
The artwork on this one is a little different, but not terrible.
The story took a good jumping off point.
the writing is funny and the character interesting.

Let's go to Ep 2 and see what happens.
Sep 20, 2010 9:42 AM

Oct 2009
Nice start of the anime, nothing really special though.
Dec 24, 2010 9:20 PM

Oct 2008
The art kinda looks weird, but I like it. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 27, 2011 10:42 PM

Mar 2011
Those character designs.
Oct 4, 2012 10:34 PM

Mar 2009
Lol their stick legs.
Nov 1, 2012 9:53 PM

Sep 2011
LOL pretty good first episode. It does sort of remind me of Maid-sama, just a little though. =p
May 16, 2013 12:28 AM

Oct 2012
That legs XD
So, everyone in S.A are rich people except for Hikari..

I want classroom like S.A too :(
That unhuman jump
Lol that singing effect *nuke
Ni-san teiunna!!
"Signature removed"
Jul 6, 2013 1:32 AM
Oct 2010
Didn't like the looooong/thiiiiiin legs, I thought they spent a bit too much time making introductions of people. The (visual) jokes I thought were over the top, and I didn't find them funny.
Jul 18, 2013 3:47 PM

Nov 2010
I have most of the manga thanks to my best friend.
At the time, my group of friends [top ten in the grade] sort of went around like we were the Special A group.
We always had tons of fun so it was exciting when this series came out.

I've already watched a couple of episodes in the original voicing, but today, I watched it in Dub.

I'm crazy about Dub as well as Sub, but this one... I haven't... accepted any of the voicing for any of the characters, which is rare. I... am not sure if I can continue this series in English. I'll just stick to the Japanese this time.
Oct 19, 2013 10:47 PM

Jan 2008
I am starting to rewatch this anime I loved it the first time around n i know i am going to love it again but as for the first ep its great
Feb 10, 2014 2:54 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty decent first episode, nothing really too special and i agree the legs do look weird but the characters seem nice and the plot is interesting
4 out of 5 :)
Aug 5, 2014 4:16 PM

May 2014
It's not super special or anything, but the character's faces look pretty nice. It was a bit cheesy, but not droopingly cheesy like some other anime.
Sep 19, 2014 11:06 AM

Jul 2014
an ok first episode. hopefully, this won't be one of those anime where the main couple doesn't get together till like the very last episode.
Sep 21, 2014 5:25 AM

Jul 2009
LusciousLobsters said:
an ok first episode. hopefully, this won't be one of those anime where the main couple doesn't get together till like the very last episode.

Seems like it's gonna be like that, I am in episode 18 and until now nothing hahaha
Oct 14, 2014 5:22 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Pretty good anime, though the art was totally irking my nerves.
THOSE LEGS HAD ME LIKE.... lol :)
And that extra five points is legit the story of my life. It's not even funny, ...
Dec 12, 2014 4:33 PM

Aug 2013
Man, that show really remind me of Ouran High School Host Club somehow... Which brings me good memories, as it was an amazing show.

It seem that show also suffer of the noodle syndrom... ''Look at this amazing body I builded!''
It seem more like you suffer of malnutrition...

Anyway, I found that it was a funny first episode. It was mostly silly stuff, it sure didn't start with an amazing firework, but it was funny enough to make me forget about the weird concept of the show.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 3, 2015 11:33 PM

Feb 2015
Woah those are skinny legs.

I wanted a change of pace from sports anime so hopefully this will be fun.
Apr 23, 2015 11:58 AM
Apr 2015
that was arguably on of the most disturbing animes i ve watched so far (actually the only disturbing) and im not referring to the creepy long legs thing (which btw is very similar to the character design of the obscure soccer anime "ashite e free kick") but the discrimination and preferential treatment of the elite and especially the way is justified with the phrase "well they worked hard for it" Its not entirely funny in its absurdity and exaggeration as the creator of the manga must have thought.

Well of course i might seem stupid saying this because the word elite is in the tile and that means it qualifies as a Exactly What It Says on the Tin kind of thing but i never expected it to be that morbidly depicted from the first episode. This is really the exact opposite of the social shunning and discrimination thats going on in assassination classroom. The exaggeration there though acts as a subtle approach and criticism of the hardships in japan's demanding education system and competition between and within schools plus we get to see the story from the viewpoint of those incurring the discrimination.

from the very first scene at school where hikari enters the school and every plebeian of the school steps aside for her to pass and bows before her i felt like puking. Actually the condescending manner with which she responded to all the servility of the school commoners (because she isnt like the others she comes from a poor family...) and the pseudo-meekness made it all the more difficult to watch. How is this is hollywood like behaviour supposed to make the central character likeable... oh yeah but i forgot she worked hard for its justified.

Then there is the poor guy who points out how irritating their behaviour is, the way the act like they own the place and questions their authority. This guy then brings up the way the elite 7, the school's royalty looks down on them from their glass castle only to get a stuttering no from Hikari and three elites dressed in a flashy white uniform whose only purpose is to make the elite stand out from the rest... i mean how ironic is that? And not only that then the most unlikable character of the show comes up acting all erasoni threatens the guys, completely looking down on him.

The poor guy's hardships though, who dared to mingle with the royalty dont end there. he is then humiliated beaten pro wrestle style for us to see the elite's exceedingly good skills in every aspect of life.. and he isnt even the one who provoked them Kei went all muai tai on him without any reason. Not even his lackeys look up to this guy they are just afraid of the elite the whole time just like the rest of the school. My point here is why have this kind of character in this kind of anime based on exaggerated elitism just to humiliate him there wasnt even a moral at the end of that for example the guy admitting his mistake and vouching not to cheat.. he is the bad guy a chance for the creator to show his life motto "effort accomplishes anything"

I ve never seen an anime with such an exaggerated disturbing premise and not using this exaggeration to parody a genre, deconsturct something like animes taking place in high profile japanese schools or even criticise the competitiveness in school .. No the anime just sticks to the exaggeration only preaching about the importance of effort to become the best and this single phrase justifies the characters actions all through the first episode "i worked for it i deserve it" what about someone who worked from being bad to being mediocre? what kind of perverse way of thinking is that.

Im not even gonna bother watching a 2d episode of an anime with such an off putting premise i ll only watch if one of the less competent students of the school goes on a killing spree against the elite (yeah killing even the laid back bishounen guy with the sloth) that would be less disturbing for me.
peropero-nekoApr 23, 2015 4:21 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Special A Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Naruleach - Aug 13, 2008

93 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 24, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Special A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BrokenTrinkets - Jun 23, 2008

57 by RioAl »»
Apr 24, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Special A Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Apr 24, 2008

69 by JeremiahOrange »»
Oct 5, 2022 8:24 AM

Poll: » Special A Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Apr 30, 2008

68 by RyyanIsHere »»
Sep 5, 2022 12:50 AM

Poll: » Special A Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Naruleach - Aug 4, 2008

63 by secondshelp »»
Apr 27, 2022 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.