Forum Settings
Forums

Biden administration approves $3.4B helicopter sale to Israel

New
Aug 2, 2021 7:30 PM

Oct 2015
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/565715-biden-administration-approves-34b-helicopter-sale-to-israel

The State Department has approved selling Israel up to 18 CH-53K heavy-lift cargo helicopters in a deal estimated to be worth $3.4 billion, according to a notice released Friday.

“The United States is committed to the security of Israel, and it is vital to U.S. national interests to assist Israel to develop and maintain a strong and ready self-defense capability. This proposed sale is consistent with those objectives,” the notice from the Defense Security Cooperation Agency said.

In addition to the Lockheed Martin-made helicopters, the deal would include related equipment including up to 60 General Electric-made engines, up to 36 navigation systems, communication equipment, .50 caliber machine guns and more, as well as technical and logistical support.

The sale would help the Israeli Air Force’s “capability to transport armored vehicles, personnel and equipment to support distributed operations,” the notice said.

“Israel will use the enhanced capability as a deterrent to regional threats and to strengthen its homeland defense,” it added.

The notice kicks off a congressional review period in which lawmakers could vote to block the sale if they wanted.

Arms sales to Israel in the past have not been controversial, but have recently become a flashpoint.

In particular, a $735 million precision-guided weapons sale to Israel caused a firestorm on Capitol Hill earlier this year after the details of the sale became public amid of a two-week military conflict between Israel and Hamas in which more than 200 Palestinians were killed.

Progressive Democrats in the House and Senate introduced resolutions to block the sale, but the congressional review period had already lapsed, dooming those efforts from the start.

Look at all these money spent to further the AmeriKKKan Empire Imperialism instead of fighting for housing. Not that surprising tbh.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 2, 2021 7:33 PM

Mar 2021
Why you’re surprised lol, it’s kinda well known America is built off being the black merchant of wartime.
Aug 2, 2021 11:34 PM

Mar 2008
*shrugs* more of the usual for the US.
Aug 3, 2021 5:24 AM

Sep 2010
Now that's what I call good news!

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Aug 3, 2021 5:27 AM
Oct 2020
america is not spending 3.4b to further imeprialism. american weapons companies are receiving 3.4b from isreal. these companies then pay taxes that leftist politicians use to further their stupid utopias.
Aug 3, 2021 9:17 AM

Jun 2019
Is this your swan song? Rather underwhelming I must say (you could make such threads about a lot of countries).

Seeing this place disappear is not that bad in the end.
Aug 3, 2021 3:33 PM

Aug 2009
Milzol said:
america is not spending 3.4b to further imeprialism. american weapons companies are receiving 3.4b from isreal. these companies then pay taxes that leftist politicians use to further their stupid utopias.

Where do you think Israel gets that money from? If Israel didn't get that money from us then they wouldn't be buying 3.4 billion in helicopters.

https://explorer.usaid.gov/cd/ISR

https://www.bbc.com/news/57170576

https://carnegieendowment.org/2021/05/12/bringing-assistance-to-israel-in-line-with-rights-and-u.s.-laws-pub-84503

Aug 4, 2021 2:33 AM

Nov 2013
American administration funding terrorism what's new
mind, body & SOUL

Aug 4, 2021 2:36 AM

Nov 2013
if an american is curious what happens with their tax money please take a look here
https://ifamericansknew.org/

and you better be careful, friend. you don't want Americans to pay their hard earned money to israel so it can screw the Palestinians even more? what are you an antisemite???

mind, body & SOUL

Aug 4, 2021 7:39 AM
Jul 2018
“If there were not an Israel, we would have to invent one to make sure our interests were preserved,” Biden said to the left-leaning pro-Israel group crowd that gave him several ovations in his half-hour speech at the Washington Convention Center.

Here’s the link to the full article: https://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/joe-biden-israel-097586

It’s not surprising at all. America and Israel are joined at the hip, so despite all the rhetoric to the contrary this will continue.

I mean, I think certain American police departments receive training from the Israeli government if I’m not mistaken.

https://www.amnestyusa.org/with-whom-are-many-u-s-police-departments-training-with-a-chronic-human-rights-violator-israel/

Yikes
Aug 4, 2021 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
"Leftists are stupid for being anti war!"

Democrat president does war

"I can't believe he is doing war!"
Aug 4, 2021 5:20 PM

Oct 2015
Noality said:

Because the Dems are also right-wing but in different wrappings. They're either liberal identity reductionism, or "blue republican".
Aug 4, 2021 9:17 PM

Jul 2016
Meusnier said:
Is this your swan song? Rather underwhelming I must say (you could make such threads about a lot of countries).

Your post is hilarious, but if people express free speech "racist" in South Korea how horrible, so much worse than settler colonialism.

@Sirius
if an american is curious what happens with their tax money please take a look here

This "aid" money to Israel is total theft, it should be going to institutionally deprieved and oppressed 20th generation Appalachians Americans, who built the country.
RuneRemAug 4, 2021 9:21 PM
Aug 5, 2021 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
Desolated said:
Noality said:

Because the Dems are also right-wing but in different wrappings. They're either liberal identity reductionism, or "blue republican".

Mb just realized that you aren't criticizing him from a republican pov, I tougth you where another user here.

But yeah, Biden is a disappointment for the left, but a lot of people voted for him in the expectation that having him in power will allow us to vote for more left leaning candidates in the future.
Aug 5, 2021 8:04 AM

Jun 2019
RuneRem said:
Meusnier said:

Your post is hilarious, but if people express free speech "racist" in South Korea how horrible, so much worse than settler colonialism.

@Sirius

This "aid" money to Israel is total theft, it should be going to institutionally deprieved and oppressed 20th generation Appalachians Americans, who built the country.

Thank you, I appreciate your legendary politeness and civility in your reply. I was speaking about selling weapons. France, for example, sells weapons to a lot of countries that use them against civilians in wars or similar "military operations" (or "peacekeeping operations"), although it is forbidden to say so.
Aug 5, 2021 10:37 AM

Oct 2015
Noality said:
Desolated said:

Mb just realized that you aren't criticizing him from a republican pov, I tougth you where another user here.

But yeah, Biden is a disappointment for the left, but a lot of people voted for him in the expectation that having him in power will allow us to vote for more left leaning candidates in the future.

Lol.

If you see my post around here you'll realize that I hate both the Democrat and the Republican. I'm a Marxist-Leninist.

People vote Biden simply because he's not Trump tbh. They'll vote literally any democrat candidate because for them, any Dems are better than Trumo.
Aug 5, 2021 10:49 AM

Oct 2020
Israel is the only country in the ME where the West can be reliably allies with to maintain their power and relevance. This decision is not surprising at all regardless on how some political figures are against it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.