Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 31, 2010 5:42 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's a pretty good start actually, they sure waste no time giving Zelos a good fight and Regal seems to be doing a pretty good job on him :D Sheena sure is close to Zelos in a way, it must be due to their past encounter^^ Genis was funny when he blushed near Presea and he sure forms feelings quite easily XD

Kratos fighting against Lloyd in the end was entertaining although it looks like Kratos could have totally smack Loyd if he wanted to :D Mithos has appeared too here so we seen almost every character in a single episode^^
ShanaFlameMar 31, 2010 6:30 PM
Apr 1, 2010 1:42 AM

Sep 2007
Waiting for subs .... ;_;

Apr 1, 2010 6:28 AM

May 2008
same here

Apr 2, 2010 3:27 AM

Sep 2008
Good stuff, was worth waiting almost 2 years for this!
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Apr 2, 2010 3:59 PM

Sep 2007
There are already spanish subs. Still waiting... This sucks ,_____,

Apr 2, 2010 6:10 PM

May 2008
u serious sakaku!? spanish subs already, wow

Apr 3, 2010 9:24 AM

Sep 2007
Subs are out!
[Formula] ​_Tales​_of​_Symphonia​_OVA​_-​_Tethe'alla​_Episode​_1​_[89135783].​mkv
Downloading it right now :3

Apr 3, 2010 1:44 PM

Jan 2009
I can't remember when I watched the first 4 episodes xD
...Did I even watch it? xD....
Oh well, matters not, played the game, and read the manga, no big deal if I actually haven't seen the first part xD. Something tells me I didn't....

..Anyway, Sheena is awesome, and Zelos is cool, Genis is awkward, kthnxbai
Oh and also, ToS game >>>>> ToS manga >> ToS Anime
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 3, 2010 2:13 PM

Sep 2007
Watched the epi, there were almost everywhere changes. Nothing here was really like in the game, I didn't know what's going on lol.
Seeing Presea in the anime is kinda epic, now I like her much more than before~
There's also a scene where she's naked when she gets her exphere, this hadn't to be in the episode but I don't care xD
Yggdrasil appearing in the Toize Mine kinda sucks, the place is a bit too random for him to appear.

Apr 3, 2010 3:03 PM

Sep 2008
You have to expect it to be different; they adapted it pretty well in my opinion though. The action scenes were well done and the original story was not compromised. I can't wait for the next episode to come out.

It didn't hurt to have one of the best endings ever also.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2010 4:04 PM

Mar 2009
After alot of years waiting, almost without any hope of it ever being animated: It's here!

The story sure differs from the game. However, the main points are still there; the goal(s) and character attributes remain. And the way its being told is just brilliant! The character development is over the top and is really good paced.

The art is very good, helps alot with getting me into the mood! Gives me the same cozy feeling as I had during my playthrough.

The sound... The voice acting was really awesome, and we didn't even get any Mizuki Nana today!
Long time since I saw the Sylverant arc, so might not really remember how the BGM was there, but I was utterly surprised how good this was. And as already mentioned, the ending is definitely one of the best!

I can't really see how the difference can bother anyone when it's this good. Not only are speaking of some minor changes with some events ocurring on different places and not right according to the game's timeline, but these events have little to no impact on the story. As it seems now it looks lite these changes only makes the story a bit more fitting for an anime aswell as enhancing its development.

Actually, I'd imagine a 100% adaption of this game would be kinda boring... And we all know that some stuff have to get cutted from the adaption, and I gotta say that ufotable is doing an awesome job doing this!
Apr 3, 2010 4:44 PM

Oct 2009
So can I watch this if I haven't beaten the game?
Apr 3, 2010 6:13 PM

May 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
It didn't hurt to have one of the best endings ever also.

I'll wholeheartedly second that one. I love how comedy's handled in both the main part of the OVA and the ending, I laughed hard during the ending. X3

Apr 4, 2010 3:19 AM

Nov 2007
lol it was kinda cheesy but the ending was quite funny :)

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Apr 4, 2010 5:02 AM

Jul 2009
It's finally here!!

Pretty badass start if I say so myself. Zelos vs. Regal was great.

Oosran said:
Oh and also, ToS game >>>>> ToS manga >> ToS Anime

This!
Though I'm still currently playing TOS right now and is only at the part before the Tower of Salvation. Will catch up to it soon~
This is a signature.
Apr 4, 2010 8:28 AM

May 2008
they should have this game on xbox 360, i would freakin buy it lol

Apr 4, 2010 11:38 AM

Aug 2009
If you ask me they should remake every Tales Game and stick it on the Xbox/PS3. I would buy every single one of them xD (Expecially Abyss!!)

It would also be neat to make a anime of every single game, like Abyss' would be cool =o its kinda unfair how Symphonia and Phantasia only get OVA's while Abyss was made into a full series =/

Well the OVA's are great that for sure :D I cant wait for the second episode ^_^ Does anyone know how they release them? Is it monthly? Weekly? =/ I would love to know.
Apr 4, 2010 12:02 PM

Jan 2009
HaloX5 said:
If you ask me they should remake every Tales Game and stick it on the Xbox/PS3. I would buy every single one of them xD (Expecially Abyss!!)
Indeed, 'twould be awesome : D
I'd get more to add to my collection of JRPG's for the PS3 xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 4, 2010 6:12 PM

Nov 2007
I liked the fights and the OP. Pretty good for a first ep.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 4, 2010 9:00 PM

Jul 2009
HaloX5 said:

Agreed! Though Abyss doesn't need it in my opinion. It was already great in the PS2. No need for more improvement. But before that, shouldn't they first be imported by the US? There are many titles of the Tales which are not in the US. (Destiny 2, Rebirth, etc.)

Those missing titles are all good but unfortunately, it's only in japan T_T
This is a signature.
Apr 5, 2010 1:28 AM

Jan 2009
ShiraKiryuu said:
HaloX5 said:
Agreed! Though Abyss doesn't need it in my opinion. It was already great in the PS2. No need for more improvement. But before that, shouldn't they first be imported by the US? There are many titles of the Tales which are not in the US. (Destiny 2, Rebirth, etc.)

(But of course Abyss needs a ps3 remake, don't want to have to buy a ps2 too 8D)
And whenever they actually do appear in the US, it'll probably be another 1-2 years before they finally appear in Europe, thanks to the Germans, French and Spanish who absolutely need their games localized >.>
Apr 5, 2010 4:07 AM

Nov 2009
I'm glad this has finally been released, been looking forward to this since I heard it was coming out.

Good showings from my two favourite characters, those being Sheena and Presea.

I'm looking forward to seeing Presea as her normal self as she was frickin adorable in the game when that happened.

Also Epic ending is epic! =D
Apr 5, 2010 4:09 AM

Sep 2007
[
Oosran said:
ShiraKiryuu said:
HaloX5 said:

(But of course Abyss needs a ps3 remake, don't want to have to buy a ps2 too 8D)
And whenever they actually do appear in the US, it'll probably be another 1-2 years before they finally appear in Europe, thanks to the Germans, French and Spanish who absolutely need their games localized >.>

I'm from Germany and I really don't need my games to be localized lol. I would prefer the games to bereleased here at the same time as in the USA. I don't give a damn about localisation, like most of jRPG players. Too bad we can't decide what they localize and what not (blame those stupid shooters ...)
In the end there won't be remakes, just stupid ports like PSP Rebirth or PSP Destiny 2 (even though I'd like a Abyss remake, the 2D titles (especially Rebirth, Destiny Remake (*facepalm)* and Destiny 2) don't need remakes, they are good how they are now). Phantasia now gets another port with the Narikiri Dungeon remake ... In 5 Years, we'll have around 10 Phantasia ports, lol.

Apr 5, 2010 5:23 AM

Jan 2009
Well, of course, there are exceptions, but apparantly, general opinion in Germany/France/Spain says you want localizations : <
So sorry if I somehow unintentionally offended anyone
Apr 5, 2010 1:10 PM

May 2009
Oh my that was an awesome start. They adapted the game very well and it was better than they did in the First season. Much is happening in the first episode, but the events are fitting.. Sheena is great as always and yay for Presea! <3 Loved how Genis was talking to her. The fights were great and the music very nice. I like the opening very much.
Apr 5, 2010 3:53 PM

Jul 2008
I've been waiting ages for this. I was going to comment about the episode but then I heard the ending and all thoughts about the episode vanished. I loved that ending!

BEGINNER
Apr 5, 2010 10:15 PM

Jul 2009
Not 'nuff Regal and more fa-.....-bulous pink haired dude? That sux but oh well, Regal's 1 min appearance made this ep worth more than the current airing crap rite now, me thinks.....

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Apr 6, 2010 9:55 AM

May 2008

Apr 6, 2010 2:12 PM
Jul 2009
I'm really happy they made a great work!!!
I think this first episode was AWESOME!... Each character is portrayed really well and the adaptation is really good :) !
Many things happened in this episode but all the events are linked really naturally... there was place even for some gags and for spectacular battle moments.

Great battles, great gags, great chracters, great story! I LOVE ToS!!!

and watching the ova brings me nostalgic memories of when I played this awesome game :*)

I WANT THE SECOND EPISODE NNNNNNNOOOW! XD
Apr 6, 2010 4:07 PM

May 2008
The ending song made me give this a 10. *worships Akiko Shikata*

But I think they did a great job with this season compared to the first one, especially in terms of music. The track that played during the first battle fit really well! I usually don't notice that stuff, but the fact that I did really means a lot.

The OVA is making me like Zelos more. *Light Spear!* "Don't hate me..." *insert fangirl kyah here*

And awesome animation, as always. Fight scenes, FIGHT SCENES!!
Apr 6, 2010 6:29 PM

May 2008
While the changes annoyed me, I do love how the characters are getting development and the fight scenes were really really awesome. The music is pretty dang good as well.

Zelos, of course, the best character in this episode. Presea was too cute though, despite not doing anything. I was quite surprised by Regal's entrance, but loved it anyways. Zelos = WIN even when getting his butt kicked. XD

I'm sad that they took out one of my favorite scenes when they meet Presea for the first time in the games. I was hoping, a bit, for it... Ah well.

Anyone else felt that Zelos was bit too serious more often? It feels like his cheery mask is more obvious and that he knows more than he puts out compared to the games.
Apr 6, 2010 6:45 PM

Jul 2008
Wasn't bad but wasn't that good as well, maybe I expected too much from it.
Apr 8, 2010 9:24 AM
Oct 2009
Did anyone else find Yggdrasill's voice awkward?
Apr 8, 2010 2:49 PM

Jul 2008
AisuKriimu said:
Did anyone else find Yggdrasill's voice awkward?
Yes. God yes. I was not excepting such a deep ~MANLY~ voice coming from some slight Scandinavian man.

BEGINNER
Apr 9, 2010 11:09 AM

Aug 2009
The way the Tales Series works is based of the fans opinions, its because of the fans they still have they're series ^__^ (or so they said in the Tales of Gaiden) So if they appeal to fans =o A remake isnt impossible. They've already considered a second Vesperia Movie and a Sequal to Vesperia as well (and Vesperia as we know it is the most fanbased Tales Game of them all, and a great one at that). Tales of the Abyss as well as Tales of Symphonia (and Vesperia as well) are considered to be fan favourites (Symphonia even got its spin-off sequal and Vesperia a PS3 re-do). Abyss got it's "Full Anime Series" but even so its the only one that hasnt had "extra" done for it =D Though a Abyss sequal seems improbable since it seems like there is nothing more to be done (you could easily had said the same for Symphonia, but they found some wacky epic story from what they had).
Apr 9, 2010 7:22 PM

Sep 2008
Really great feedback, we got good fans here. :) Even though Nana didn't have any voice acting cause of Collette's condition, I was really happy to hear her sing the OP though. :) Presea is as adorable as ever btw. :p
Apr 9, 2010 7:24 PM

Sep 2009
Presea is sooo cute with Genis !!!!!
Apr 10, 2010 6:23 PM

Aug 2009
i love it ^_^
5/5
kisa28Jul 13, 2010 3:53 PM
Apr 10, 2010 10:44 PM
Apr 2010
I really enjoyed it. There is nothing I can legitimately criticize, because I've been looking forward to this for so long. Does anyone know how often episodes will be coming out?
Apr 11, 2010 8:49 AM

Aug 2009
ElWizeGuy said:
I really enjoyed it. There is nothing I can legitimately criticize, because I've been looking forward to this for so long. Does anyone know how often episodes will be coming out?

I asked this exactly same question. Since I have never payed attention to a OVA series still coming out I wouldnt know. But I doubt its weekly. (unfortunately for us). What we could do is count how long it takes until the 2nd OVA comes out and guess from there xD?
Apr 12, 2010 9:20 PM

Jan 2008
Enjoyed it, was surprised it was 42 minutes long, but somewhat unhappy with the random rushes.

Hoping to see Genis use Indignation (or even better, Indignation Judgment)
Apr 13, 2010 1:20 PM

Jan 2008
They started great with Zelos-Regal. Regal was pretty cool ^^
And the ending was cool too, though I'll have to get used to Yggdrasil's voice, it's so deep >< I'm used to the English voice.
Apr 16, 2010 2:34 PM

Aug 2007
I had to get used to the voices again, as it has been a while since I watched the Sylvarant part... After that, I actually played the game, so I still have the English voices in my hand. I still prefer the Japanese, really. Anyhow, 'twas an awesome first episode. They really showed a lot of Zelos, huh. Way too little of Presea and Regal. Kratos should have showed up at Sybak, not in the mines... ~_~ The art really amazed me. The action scenes were hot stuff and not only because of my favourite bishounen called Kratos and Zelos. Also...

And yes, I totally agree: not only was Yggdrasil's voice very deep, was he supposed to be that tall? Anyhow... Enjoyed the episode. It was nice to see all those places again. I had to laugh very hard multiple times, mostly because of Zelos' awesomeness, but also at the time that Lloyd cracked Altessa's bones and of course the Genis x Presea parts. Sheena is awesome as ever.

So, what'll be in the next episode?

Give me Flanoir already! I'm way too hyped up. ^^''
DragonsWhipApr 16, 2010 2:39 PM
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Apr 18, 2010 2:54 PM

Aug 2009
DragonsWhip said:
I had to get used to the voices again, as it has been a while since I watched the Sylvarant part... After that, I actually played the game, so I still have the English voices in my hand. I still prefer the Japanese, really. Anyhow, 'twas an awesome first episode. They really showed a lot of Zelos, huh. Way too little of Presea and Regal. Kratos should have showed up at Sybak, not in the mines... ~_~ The art really amazed me. The action scenes were hot stuff and not only because of my favourite bishounen called Kratos and Zelos. Also...

And yes, I totally agree: not only was Yggdrasil's voice very deep, was he supposed to be that tall? Anyhow... Enjoyed the episode. It was nice to see all those places again. I had to laugh very hard multiple times, mostly because of Zelos' awesomeness, but also at the time that Lloyd cracked Altessa's bones and of course the Genis x Presea parts. Sheena is awesome as ever.

So, what'll be in the next episode?

Give me Flanoir already! I'm way too hyped up. ^^''

Haha~ Well you know they could follow how the manga ending went,

And about Yggy, yes that is his true voice (for Yggy) I played Symphonia as well in english, but I have seen alot of the japanese version as well as its specials. You should know by now :D All the voices are from the original game, this is for all Tales Animes.

Apr 23, 2010 7:07 PM

Sep 2008
HaloX5 said:
ElWizeGuy said:

I asked this exactly same question. Since I have never payed attention to a OVA series still coming out I wouldnt know. But I doubt its weekly. (unfortunately for us). What we could do is count how long it takes until the 2nd OVA comes out and guess from there xD?

so um...according this site which is official site of the OVA i think...second ep will be up on 26.05, and last two around summer and fall respectively, so its one ep per about 2 months it seems...
well it could be worse, a lot worse
Apr 27, 2010 4:06 AM

Aug 2009
Neilikki said:
HaloX5 said:
ElWizeGuy said:

so um...according this site which is official site of the OVA i think...second ep will be up on 26.05, and last two around summer and fall respectively, so its one ep per about 2 months it seems...

Why thank you :D I really wanted to know. I'm glad someone found out ^_^
May 11, 2010 4:14 PM

Apr 2010
Neilikki said:

They did the same with the first season as well, releasing the episodes on June 8th, August 10th, October 24th and December 21st which is about 2 months apart.

Off topic:

Does anyone know if they are planning to english dub the original series? And hopefully with the original voice actors? (I loved TOS:DOTNW but they butchered the voices of so many people, mostly lloyd.)
May 15, 2010 1:21 PM

Aug 2009
can't wait for the second episode ;w;
i rlly enjoyed the first one :3

Clous said:

Off topic:

Does anyone know if they are planning to english dub the original series? And hopefully with the original voice actors? (I loved TOS:DOTNW but they butchered the voices of so many people, mostly lloyd.)

maybe they're waiting until the tethe'alla part is finished before they dub it o.o dunno ._. i would be happy if they dub it into english, i hate Kratos' japanese voice >_> (english is waaaaaaaay better than this, he sounds like a old man o_o *how ironic LOL*)
May 16, 2010 1:47 AM

Apr 2010
decimoVONGOLA said:

maybe they're waiting until the tethe'alla part is finished before they dub it o.o dunno ._. i would be happy if they dub it into english, i hate Kratos' japanese voice >_> (english is waaaaaaaay better than this, he sounds like a old man o_o *how ironic LOL*)

I'd hope so. I don't mind the jap dub/english sub. It just feels different from how I interpreted the series since im used to the game, which I played in english. If that makes sense.

Anyways, 10 days till ep 2. Yay
May 19, 2010 6:56 AM

Aug 2009
decimoVONGOLA said:

Clous said:

Off topic:

That is the most likely option. But you do know the original voice for Lloyd most likely isnt coming back. He didnt come for Radiant Mythology or Dawn =/

I actually prefer the Japanese version in some ways. And I didnt mind the new voices that much, I mean asides from Lloyd (which isnt THAT bad) its actually a pretty enjoyable game all the same. And I dont mind Kratos japanese voice. But I have to agree with my fellow Ratatosk Fan's words =o The english is so much better :D I mean *sighs* so much~~ (slight of topic) It's like Yuri Lowell's japanese voice, I like it, but his english voice is so much more... as my friend described it, seductive :D

OMG o-o your right! 10 days~ I cant wait ^_^ I wonder what they will show in the next part~
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Hen Episode 4 Discussion

Blackbird - Mar 2, 2011

38 by bushman66 »»
Mar 24, 2022 9:02 PM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Hen Episode 3 Discussion

Blackbird - Oct 5, 2010

39 by badabass »»
Feb 9, 2021 3:42 AM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 27, 2010

51 by badabass »»
Feb 8, 2021 7:14 AM

» Possibilities on getting Dawn of the New World ova?

pacuuuuu3 - May 30, 2010

34 by Shahan88 »»
Aug 22, 2015 4:11 AM

» Fansub?

BRC - Mar 27, 2010

3 by YumeHanabi »»
Jun 13, 2010 2:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.