Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Detective Is Already Dead
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 1, 2021 7:23 PM
Jul 2021
theGodde said:
alright this was dumb and for some reason I feel like explaining why

1. Why does Siesta need to place the MC in danger at all? Couldn't they have identified a likely target and just protected them instead?
2. When the MC found out that the guy was in fact a fake, why did he reveal it? It's so much safer for the MC if the bad guy thought that his ruse hadn't been seen through - he would gain the element of surprise.
3. This odour reducing gas would have also covered the MC's scent, which means the bad guy would have noticed that the MC didn't smell right and identified something was off (also she wasn't even in the room, so he shouldn't have smelt her anyway. I don't know why this gas was even necessary. It's just dumb BS to cover a supposed flaw that wasn't even actually a flaw).
EDIT: bonus round (#4) if the main villains had in their future-seeing book that he was gonna survive, why send a goon to go murder him in the first place?

overall this show is starting to feel like a bad anime James Bond ripoff with some very, very light detective elements.

I think I can answer the bonus, well if seems that Hel and Cerberus work separately, didn't you see she cut his head?
And from the start, it's not a detective anime if you see author's write in LN vol 1 afterwards. Its just a bunch of different genres combined.
Aug 1, 2021 7:35 PM

Jan 2011
lol and this was the fan favorite arc? episode was like lets throw a bunch of ideas in a blender and see what comes out first it was Cerberus then jack the ripper then it turns out it was a werewolf that can shapeshift into anyone

some form of a plot kicks in after the Seista sherlock meme of she had it all planed out from the start because she's just that good at anticipating stuff

new baddie is cooking a bio-weapon underneath city with what looks like some kind of warhammer 40k monster and Seista for some reason comes to the rescue in....a mech?

can't say i was expecting any of this opening with a beach episode
Aug 1, 2021 7:47 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I agree with the above poster about the plot being a blender full of ideas. For me, most of them were non sensical.

1. Jack the Ripper (Wolf) who shapeshifts and gets his head cut off by his boss.
2. The Boss - My name is Hel .... codename Hel ....wtf with that line? My name is Catalyze ..... codename Catalyze..... sheesh
3. Let's all stop and talk for 20 seconds between attacks in our fight scenes. Pull trigger and kill Bad Boss or talk and get hypnotized? Not the smartest detective choice
4. Show up out of the blue in a a mech? Well that is a plot development indeed!

Still looking forward to next week just to see how goofy this anime gets.
Aug 1, 2021 8:06 PM
Apr 2021
Acer_01 said:
theGodde said:
alright this was dumb and for some reason I feel like explaining why

1. Why does Siesta need to place the MC in danger at all? Couldn't they have identified a likely target and just protected them instead?
2. When the MC found out that the guy was in fact a fake, why did he reveal it? It's so much safer for the MC if the bad guy thought that his ruse hadn't been seen through - he would gain the element of surprise.
3. This odour reducing gas would have also covered the MC's scent, which means the bad guy would have noticed that the MC didn't smell right and identified something was off (also she wasn't even in the room, so he shouldn't have smelt her anyway. I don't know why this gas was even necessary. It's just dumb BS to cover a supposed flaw that wasn't even actually a flaw).
EDIT: bonus round (#4) if the main villains had in their future-seeing book that he was gonna survive, why send a goon to go murder him in the first place?

overall this show is starting to feel like a bad anime James Bond ripoff with some very, very light detective elements.

I think I can answer the bonus, well if seems that Hel and Cerberus work separately, didn't you see she cut his head?
And from the start, it's not a detective anime if you see author's write in LN vol 1 afterwards. Its just a bunch of different genres combined.
Considering how dumb this show has been so far, how could a non LN reader be able to tell whether there was more to it, or the villain was just being dramatically evil.

Don't forget that the MC asked Hel this very question and she replied that Cerberus "wasn't a compatriot but a cog in her machine" so Cerberus is most certainly under her jurisdiction in some way and the entire action was done simply to demonstrate just how bad guy the bad guy was. An unearned "Darth Vader" moment so to say.
Aug 1, 2021 8:26 PM

Jan 2020
I wasn't expecting another siesta and kimi episode but I have to praise them for deciding to do so. This was definitely a top 2 episode behind the very first and it's no coincidence that it's thanks to siesta.

It makes me wish the twist at the end of episode 1 never happened and the series is just shenanigans with the two protagonists. But I enjoyed this for what it is

Aug 1, 2021 8:35 PM
Jul 2021
theGodde said:
Acer_01 said:

Considering how dumb this show has been so far, how could a non LN reader be able to tell whether there was more to it, or the villain was just being dramatically evil.

Don't forget that the MC asked Hel this very question and she replied that Cerberus "wasn't a compatriot but a cog in her machine" so Cerberus is most certainly under her jurisdiction in some way and the entire action was done simply to demonstrate just how bad guy the bad guy was. An unearned "Darth Vader" moment so to say.

Well actually, aside the anime show less details and cut too much which I don't like, LN vol 2 tell that Hel doing as the prophecy book said, and it recorded how cerberus died and kimi was taken there.

If next ep, dont cut some part, you will know everything Hel do is according to that prophecy book.
Aug 1, 2021 9:02 PM
Aug 2020
Really? A werewolf? How much worse can this show get
Aug 1, 2021 9:33 PM

Jan 2013
It's good to see Siesta again, especially working xD
But we still don't know how or why she died, since i thought this was the time.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 1, 2021 9:37 PM

Mar 2013
Still hope it'll get better.
Aug 1, 2021 9:53 PM
Jul 2021
Fuzzybaconator said:

What's wrong with werewolf? When you have a man with "kagune" grow from the ear from the start.
Aug 1, 2021 10:46 PM
Apr 2021
Acer_01 said:
theGodde said:

Well actually, aside the anime show less details and cut too much which I don't like, LN vol 2 tell that Hel doing as the prophecy book said, and it recorded how cerberus died and kimi was taken there.

If next ep, dont cut some part, you will know everything Hel do is according to that prophecy book.
let's think about this for a second. This prophecy book is not unchangeable. It was written by the author and therefore can be subject to criticism. Cerberus's death is not necessary for advancing the plot. Since he's dead, he doesn't have some destiny that's recorded. His entire death functions simply as a means of demonstrating how bad Hel is (and I suppose later on how willing she is to follow this prophecy book - but by that point we have other such proofs). And in that case my criticism remains valid.
Aug 1, 2021 10:53 PM
Apr 2021
Acer_01 said:
Fuzzybaconator said:

What's wrong with werewolf? When you have a man with "kagune" grow from the ear from the start.
to me at least, it seemed as if the "kagune" was implanted into him, and we would be getting a Parasyte style paranormal world.
Adding things to someone's body and changing the entire physical structure of one's body do not necessarily fit the same world building structure just like Harry Potter's magic is not the same as Naruto's chakra system. At least in the anime, the sci-fi/paranormal aspects aren't well developed and we still don't really have a sense of what is or isn't possible in this world. Which makes every new paranormal ability introduced feel like it in some way undermines or ex-machinas the existing elements.
Aug 1, 2021 11:12 PM
Jul 2021
theGodde said:
Acer_01 said:

let's think about this for a second. This prophecy book is not unchangeable. It was written by the author and therefore can be subject to criticism. Cerberus's death is not necessary for advancing the plot. Since he's dead, he doesn't have some destiny that's recorded. His entire death functions simply as a means of demonstrating how bad Hel is (and I suppose later on how willing she is to follow this prophecy book - but by that point we have other such proofs). And in that case my criticism remains valid.

Well as you said, for now cerberus died just to demonstrate how cold blood hel is. However, as LN reader, if cerberus didnt die, some certain thing won't happen in next episode and afterwards (mentioned thing is in PV ep 6 too, but i dont think there are enough clues to figure it out).
I just noticed every death in this series doesn't mean their death won't affect the plot like how title of series is.
Acer_01Aug 1, 2021 11:21 PM
Aug 1, 2021 11:34 PM
Apr 2021
Acer_01 said:
Well as you said, for now cerberus died just to demonstrate how cold blood hel is. However, as LN reader, if cerberus didnt die, some certain thing won't happen in next episode and afterwards (mentioned thing is in PV ep 6 too, but i dont think there are enough clues to figure it out).
I just noticed every death in this series doesn't mean their death won't affect the plot like how title of series is.
I'll be back in one week to hold you at your word
Aug 1, 2021 11:48 PM

Jun 2021
Not one person here has mentioned "Werewolves Of London," I am disappointed.

Also, that mech seems to be a bit out of the price range for a pair of vagabond detectives. So, did she just steal it from the villains' research base, or did the cop friend leave it?
Aug 1, 2021 11:59 PM
Jul 2021
dantheman007a said:

Also, that mech seems to be a bit out of the price range for a pair of vagabond detectives. So, did she just steal it from the villains' research base, or did the cop friend leave it?

In case the anime didn't mention (i can't trust the anime lol), it is
Aug 2, 2021 12:15 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Siesta's boobies are bigger than I thought. Yeah that's the only thing in this episode that got me. More Siesta in the upcoming episodes please.
Aug 2, 2021 1:38 AM

Apr 2021
This world is full of crazy things but I like it...this episode was a flashback but it was good...cant wait for the next ep^^
Aug 2, 2021 1:56 AM

Feb 2014
Good to see Siesta again and she's even on bikini. hell yeah!

So Hel is Nagisa? same eye colour. If so, Hel was correct in saying he will partner with her.
Aug 2, 2021 3:48 AM

Feb 2016
this anime fell off.
Aug 2, 2021 5:46 AM

Oct 2016
Goddamn this show is wild, I did not expect all these supernatural bioterrorism when I first watched the show, but I am more or less enjoying how wild it is. Siesta was looking really really nice in the intro scene.

Is it just me or does Hel's face kinda looks like Nagisa. Definitely did not expect to see a werewolf, a giant bio weapon and mecha Siesta this episode.
Aug 2, 2021 5:46 AM

Jan 2017
This is definitely the prelude to Siesta's death, at least it's a banging way to go out. So SPES is a multinational cult raising monsters eh, quite a tall order for Kimihiko to overcome

The Cerberus fight scene was really ehhhh, SFX is kinda non-existent when even Siesta's bullet is underwhelming compared to ep 1's
Aug 2, 2021 5:53 AM

May 2018
Best girl episode finally.

Mod Edit: Only one Image in a post.
Koito91Aug 2, 2021 12:08 PM
Aug 2, 2021 6:02 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Great, just like what i needed. Siesta bikini. Heck yeah! Nice little vacation there, and Kimi still unbeliavably dense. You just need to grope it, ffs....

Joking aside, i really thought its about Char and deepen her character since the fuckin cliffhanger previously showed how its about Char and her perspective around Siesta and fuckin Kimi. Instead, i got this strange journey with Siesta against the packed werewolf whose disguised himself as Char and a fuckin huge monster appeared in the end within such an unknown location. Then your great detective waifu drove a fuckin mecha? Petelguese, eh, that monster name? Suited well with it, together with those sadist loli leader. Why she didn't take Siesta down first before kidnapping those world troublemaker, Kimi? Its a great mistake, bruh, smh....

Again, this show never cease to blown my mind!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 2, 2021 7:46 AM
Senpai

May 2021
This episode was a bit weird in my opinion, but it was decent enough to watch. I still don't know what really goes on, i think this is the reason i watch this every week. We will find out i guess?!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Aug 2, 2021 8:36 AM
Mar 2020
This episode was 100% better with Siesta as a main character.
Aug 2, 2021 8:40 AM
Dec 2011
Really liked seeing Siesta in a bathing suit. Siesta in spanish means a rest or nap. I'd like to take a siesta with her in that bathing suit ^_^ Tbh I think this show is getting better than how it first started. Yes, there are some parts I don't like. Mainly with the fact that she somehow predicted that he would use the lighter to try and start a fire. But with anything I have to say it's an anime. I've seen more unrealistic scenes. However, the romance between the two main leads is getting more fleshed out and I like that a lot. I'm sticking with this series till the end for sure.
Aug 2, 2021 9:34 AM

Apr 2020
skysurf said:
"ah yes, I totally knew you were going to use a cigarette lighter to fight against a wolf man, and that the beast would wait watching the bed burning until the water sprinklers activated"

i swear, this is so fucking dumb xD
laughed my ass off when she said that

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Aug 2, 2021 11:39 AM

Dec 2016
skysurf said:
"ah yes, I totally knew you were going to use a cigarette lighter to fight against a wolf man, and that the beast would wait watching the bed burning until the water sprinklers activated"

I don't have the time to keep up with this dumpster fire of a series. But I truly appreciate these kind of screencaps with nonsensical dialogue of the series. Looking forward for more of these screencaps of yours in future episode threads 👍
Aug 2, 2021 1:07 PM

Aug 2019
The level of 4-D chess prevalent within each of these "mysteries" is akin to JJBA's fights, but without any of the tact or visual flair that comes packaged with it. And there's a serious lack of exposition right now. As the viewers, we've just been thrown into the deep end with the expectation that we'd be able to comprehend everything we see on-screen. We're five episodes in and the extent of our knowledge is: SPES is an evil corporation, monsters/supernatural entities exist, Siesta supposedly died, and the protagonist is as bland as an ice cube sandwich. Also, the visuals look washed-out just like everything else in this show. Though, I guess it isn't too surprising considering how much effort studio ENGI put into the first fight...
Aug 2, 2021 3:00 PM

Aug 2017
how much of the ln was adapted so far
Aug 2, 2021 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
Siesta in bikini, this episode was worth it just for that.
Aug 2, 2021 3:05 PM
Jul 2020
-Elevate- said:
70% of vol 1 and first chapter of vol2 they rearenget events
Aug 2, 2021 3:06 PM

Aug 2017
BlackBird1234 said:
-Elevate- said:

it's likely they only adapt the second volume in the rest of the season, right?
Aug 2, 2021 3:11 PM
Jul 2020
-Elevate- said:
BlackBird1234 said:

it's likely they only adapt the second volume in the rest of the season, right?
No they will adapt 2nd vol and then finale of the season will be finale vol 1. They completly rearanged events so probably we get Siesta content sooner and finale vol 1 is better as finale of the season
Aug 3, 2021 12:53 AM

Oct 2008
so we have mechs...oh god how CRINGE!!!
3/5.

Aug 3, 2021 2:17 AM

Dec 2018
This anime is weird... it got mix genre right now. That monster head looks a little like nemesis from resident evil.

Aug 3, 2021 6:25 AM
Mar 2012
They talk about being poor & get(ie steal) some gem, but then she just charges in a mech. Hope they can service the loan for the rental....
"hunch your neck" now thats a new phrase.
And apparently sunday roast is some English thing, so good on them for showing culture.
Aug 3, 2021 10:14 AM

Jul 2017
This show so far's been a weird mix when it comes to adaptation of the first 2 volumes. It jumps from first volume to second volume to first volume and now to second volume stuff quite frequently without really having the cohesion to make it all work in this anime. The whole episode felt too abrupt from where the previous one ended. I will say though, this is only a minor complaint compared to the other infinite amount of issues this series already had.
Aug 3, 2021 10:46 AM

Oct 2018
Siesta in bikini... A beautiful thing to see in this episode ^^ She is really very pretty and sexy.

Cool episode with a good clifhanger at the end with the big monster Betelgeuse
Aug 3, 2021 10:54 AM
Feb 2021
A little confused to be honest
Aug 3, 2021 1:53 PM

Oct 2020
Wooo, hell yeah, that bikini looked superb on Siesta. It's honestly pretty nice seeing Siesta in action again after her long absence. Geez, that giant monster looks disgusting. It looks like something straight out of the Alien movie franchise. So, I'm expecting a mecha v. monster episode next week!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2021 8:26 AM
May 2021
That episode was horrible, such a bullshit, everything is out of nowhere and doesn't make any sense, so much stupid things. imma drop this
Aug 4, 2021 12:58 PM

Jun 2017
This is the second anime that misspelled Betelgeuse as Petelgeuse. Is there a reason for this?
Aug 4, 2021 5:34 PM

Aug 2021
What a fuckin' trash.
Aug 5, 2021 4:50 AM

Jul 2016
dantheman007a said:
?

And Not One PErson ever mentioned how they spell his name cerberus with a K instead of C
Aug 5, 2021 11:39 PM

Feb 2015
Syureria said:
- The episode begins with Siesta's swimsuit.
- Kimihiko and Siesta were in the canoe/how i called it together, it was Siesta's joking moment that told Kimihiko that Kimihiko had better express his love for Siesta immediately.
- Siesta invites Kimihiko to set up a detective agency somewhere.
- Siesta and Kimihiko had time to investigate the Cerberus case.It's a corpse.
- Siesta said that Cerberus can eat human hearts.
- They talking about 3 wishes/lust, Idk how i called it.
- Siesta thought of a plan to lure Cerberus.
- Siesta told Kimihiko that Siesta would save Kimihiko no matter what, this was a kind of sacrifice.
- Kimihiko was in the room as Siesta planned, Charlotte came to see Kimihiko, Kimihiko was suspicious.
- Kimihiko and Charlotte jsut talking, it was a joke where Kimihiko pushed Charlotte and raped her on the bed, lol.
- Kimihiko was suspicious of Charlotte, because Charlotte never called Siesta's name. It wasn't Charlotte, Charlotte who came said on Siesta's orders was a lie, did i Miss something, hhmm...
- Kimihiko had a fight, However, Siesta arrived just in time and saved Kimihiko.
- Before escaping, came an executive member from SPES, it's a HEL, codename.
- Kimihiko is kidnapped, Hel interrogates him.
- It was a biological weapon developed by SPES,

- Siesta came to save Kimihiko, Siesta brought a Mecha robot.
- End of this eps, Next Alicia~

You do know we all watched this episode right? I dont know why you need to summarise it in a massive post.

Anyway this weeks episode was better for obvious reasons. Its silly as i feel I'm being trolled by the writer - here's the show you could have had...
Aug 6, 2021 2:36 AM

Oct 2017
Great way to start this episode, with great Siesta bikini service. She looked hot in red bikini.

So we got a story from when Siesta was still alive in this episode. It was kind of a fun case and we even got to see the leader of the villains, Hel. Also lol Siesta brought a mecha to save Kimizuka, nice.
Aug 6, 2021 2:58 AM
Jul 2018
0/5. Garbage. Nonsense. One of the worst anime episodes to ever exist
removed-userAug 6, 2021 3:11 AM
Aug 7, 2021 2:29 PM

May 2009
I thought Siesta episode will be better but aside her Nero-like swimsuit, it was even worse than previous: Werewolf? Shapeshifter? Chuunibyou villain? Kaiju? Mecha? It's like author is throwing shit at wall and hopes it sticks. Second coming of Hidan no Aria.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AnonymousGuy9 - Jul 4, 2021

274 by AshRayKay »»
Apr 28, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2021

239 by Felix_Lorenz »»
Jan 7, 12:38 PM

» Does Siesta’s hairband (scrunchies or whatever) have any meaning?

RudeRedis - Dec 28, 2023

4 by illufox »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:09 PM

Poll: » Siesta is the plot, no cap (poll)

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 19, 2021

13 by ProdigyKing »»
Dec 21, 2023 10:31 PM

Poll: » Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2021

125 by saurabhshivam »»
Dec 9, 2023 10:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.