Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 16, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's natural instinct...Noe should hold himself back when it comes to blood. And what a vision he saw.

The episode had both a lighthearted and darker vibe to it imo. Domi made quite an impression with that playful energy of hers. Really hope to see more of her this season and relationship with the others, especially Noe and Vanitas.

Apr 2020
They made well that kiss scene, and, Domi is here!!

Mar 2021
they did cut too much wtf

Jul 16, 2021 8:41 AM

Oct 2019
Are the cuts in this episode that bad? I might drop this after hearing mixed things on the cuts in this episode, it’s a shame that Jun Mochizuki adaptations always cut something. Maybe Pandora Hearts should just be left without a reboot.

Putting this on hold for now. Haven’t watched the episode yet, but I need to know if the cuts are major or not before dropping.
Pandora Hearts is the best manga ever made and deserves an anime reboot
Jul 16, 2021 9:02 AM
Mar 2021
They cut a lot of scene from the manga, no wonder they can adapt 2.5 chapters :((( They cut battle scene, explanation about astermite and a joke about Noe's drawing is bad. I hope at least they will explain about astermite later on.

Maybe because Vanitas move and speak, he looks more pervert in anime 😂
Jun Mochizuki (author) already sleepy but she stay wake up to watch real time just to say "Vanitas is the worst" lol

And his hand, I don't realize he has scar in his left hand all this time I read the manga....

I can't wait to see next episode in Altus Paris!!
Alice0006Jul 16, 2021 9:47 AM
Jul 16, 2021 9:11 AM
Mar 2021
SebCyrSC2000 said:
Are the cuts in this episode that bad? I might drop this after hearing mixed things on the cuts in this episode, it’s a shame that Jun Mochizuki adaptations always cut something. Maybe Pandora Hearts should just be left without a reboot.

Putting this on hold for now. Haven’t watched the episode yet, but I need to know if the cuts are major or not before dropping.

I compare it every week and they mostly cut battle scene and some explanation (This episode, they cut explanation about an ore they use in this story but maybe they will explain it later on combined about their explanation about vampire), and they cut jokes. You can still understand the story even if they cut it but maybe you should read the manga from beginning after you watch anime because I heard some people say about something not make sense because they cut it (For example, Noe was injured like getting cut, in manga it's because of Jeanne's gauntlet but they cut this scene.)
Alice0006Jul 16, 2021 9:14 AM
Jul 16, 2021 9:19 AM

Oct 2019
Alice0006 said:
SebCyrSC2000 said:

I compare it every week and they mostly cut battle scene and some explanation (This episode, they cut explanation about an ore they use in this story but maybe they will explain it later on combined about their explanation about vampire), and they cut jokes. You can still understand the story even if they cut it but maybe you should read the manga from beginning after you watch anime because I heard some people say about something not make sense because they cut it (For example, Noe was injured like getting cut, in manga it's because of Jeanne's gauntlet but they cut this scene.)

Ok, it doesn’t sound too major. Wish they kept everything, but oh well. I’ll keep watching.
Pandora Hearts is the best manga ever made and deserves an anime reboot
Jul 16, 2021 9:29 AM

Jun 2019
Vanitas really kissed her passionately. LOL Didn't see that one coming. She was too embarrassed as any girl would be and he wants to make Jeanne his bride. That explains it. Luca seems pissed tho.

For now, Amelia's execution seems like has been postponed, so she's alright for now. Also, we learned some more things about Noe as he can read other's memories by drinking their blood. Those memories sure were quite dark. No wonder he got scared. We saw another new girl, Domi. She's beautiful and claims to be Noe's fiance even tho she's not. LOL. I like her personality.
Jul 16, 2021 9:58 AM

Jul 2017
The fight between Vanitas and the Hellfire Witch Jeanne is ongoing, though the stakes are higher with Vanitas's true form being the Vampire of the Blue Moon to defeat the nine-folded slayer, the true criminal lurking behind this case.

I find it funny that the other fellow vampire onlookers are just playing commentary to Vanitas's tricks together with Noe. The kiss scene though, kyaaa~!! Really taking everyone by surprise and begging Jeanne with trembling fear, Luca doesn't take that kindly. Sadly though, the nine-folded slayer Thomas Berneux they failed to apprehend, though the main mastermind we'll see soon with the Parade of Charlatan.

Noe's full name: Archiviste "the Fangs That Lay Bare Blood", using people's blood to search for their memories, what an intrigue, and in this case, it's Amelia's memories sunk deep into the Parade of Charlatan, and memories come swindling back with fearful results. And what better way to introduce Dominique, Noe's childhood friend and sink deep into the heart of the problem.

Altus Paris, the alternate Paris, start the investigation into Charlatan!

I also notice that some parts of the manga were cut, though not sure if they'll resurface soon.
Jul 16, 2021 9:59 AM

May 2021
The kiss between Jeanne and Vanitas kinda threw me off. Looks like Jeanne is a little bit of a tsundere.

I've said this before, but the op and ed are just too good, probably not going to be skipping either through the whole season.

Jul 16, 2021 10:14 AM

Feb 2021
I'm propably dumb, but why did Vanitas kiss Jeanne? Was some motive behind it?
Jul 16, 2021 10:29 AM

Aug 2018
SnowBrightt said:

Let’s say he’s just a horrible person.
Jul 16, 2021 10:32 AM

Aug 2013
I can't believe Vanitas just went and kissed Jeanne. I was surprised by it. :o

Noe has an interesting ability, seeing people's memory by drinking their blood. And I like Dominique already.

This other Paris got my interest.

Jul 16, 2021 10:36 AM
Feb 2009
It looks like Vanitas knows a lot about kissing and stuff unlike Jeanne, who supposed to be much older. The kiss scene was very hot, poor Luca, it was too much for him.
Jul 16, 2021 10:38 AM

Jan 2014
Lmao today's ep.

Going from Van kissing Jeanne, to then later...That thing, jfc that looked horrifying onestly. I do love Dominique though, what a fun introduction.
Jul 16, 2021 10:43 AM

Sep 2015
Well, they definitely cut a few scenes, but nothing too major except the astermite explanation. I have a few mixed feelings about that as of right now, but hopefully they won't rush scenes in future episodes. It feels as if they will definitely adapt the
arc in the second cour, though.

I really liked how they animated Noé's descent into Amelia's memories, and Dominique's entrance. Vanitas kissing Jeanne felt very creepy, which I think is a good thing.

Honestly, I really wish I could have started with the anime since I always end up comparing the anime with the manga. I really hope that they will mention Babel and astermite later on.
Jul 16, 2021 10:49 AM

Jan 2021
And just like that, he steals a kiss hahah. Now at last those who ask if the BL will be able to do it will finally shut up

Very interesting the power of Noe 0.0
Clowns and a strange shadow, I can't with Charlatan .-.

And I thought Amelia was for Noe but it looks like she has competition 😂
Hmmmm, Altus, the city of vampires.... Every episode gets more interesting
Jul 16, 2021 11:09 AM
Feb 2021
SnowBrightt said:

Because she's hot and he likes her.
Jul 16, 2021 11:13 AM
Mar 2016
With how epic Jeanne's debut and a glimpse of her power shown in the last episode, I was expecting a good fight scene this episode. Sadly, that didn't happen as Vanitas kissing Jeanne seems to be the highlight of the episode. The pacing felt much slower than in episode 2. I don't read the manga but it feels as if they could have put more content on the episode to make the pacing feels faster.

Also, we finally learn a bit about the villain of this series. The Charlatan parade Noe seen on his vision looks sick and scary, I love it.
OttoLannister550Jul 16, 2021 11:21 AM
Jul 16, 2021 11:17 AM

Mar 2014
Domi is here! Can't wait to see Vanitas, Noe and Domi in the upcoming ball LOL
Jul 16, 2021 11:18 AM

Oct 2020
Finally after the kiss scene between Vanitas and Jeanne, people will no longer mistake this for Yaoi bait.
Jul 16, 2021 11:20 AM

Jul 2020
unnecessary and pathetic the kissing scene
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2021 11:22 AM

Mar 2020
OttoLannister550 said:
With how epic Jeanne's debut and a glimpse of her power shown in the last episode, I was expecting a good fight scene this episode. Sadly, that didn't happen as Vanitas kissing Jeanne seems to be the highlight of the episode. The pacing felt much slower than in episode 2. I don't read the manga but it feels as if they can put more content on the episode to make the pacing feels faster.

Also, we finally learn a bit about the villain of this series. The Charlatan parade Noe seen on his vision looks sick and scary, I love it.
Bruh....This was where they cut the most! And they cut the entire battle scene with jeane it was short but displayed her power... and noe+vanitas team work was great too.. Adding more content..PLease! This episode was literally a rush train. I dont get why they adapted 2.5 chapters in it when literally 1 chapter = 45 pages in this manga
Jul 16, 2021 11:27 AM

Jul 2017
Entertaining episode but a mixed bag adaptation wise. Definitely a bit rough around the edges with some little details and action being cut out. Nice seeing the Jeanne kiss scene though and Dominique's introduction. I just hope the anime doesn't let down their characterization in this series as well as the others too. Visuals continue to look good which is nice.
Jul 16, 2021 11:27 AM
Aug 2016
Lmao that kiss scene completely caught me off guard XD

People are saying that some astermite explanation has been skipped, which I have no clue about since I haven't read the manga. My guess would be that they will rearrange it probably in the future like they did for AOT S4. Although, from a pure anime only's perspective, I am enjoying this show a lot even with whatever skips there are.

So, the two waifus from the KV have finally been introduced: Jeanne, and Dominique. Very cool names. I am already seeing new ship here, aside from the very obvious one in this episode. Let's see how Jeanne-Vanitas and Noe-Dominique dynamic plays out

5/5
Jul 16, 2021 11:29 AM

Jun 2020
hmmm not too sure about that kiss scene. maybe it was just a bit brash in execution. don't know what Vanitas was trying to do there...

was also kind of hoping Jeanne would actually have a more active role but idk. I guess we'll see her again soon

that ending was cool because of the new setting, but I do find it weird that were already jumping ahead. was that the end of the first arc?

the visuals looked great this episode
Jul 16, 2021 11:35 AM

Oct 2020
EeveeRosa said:
it is needed to build a romance between the two later, and that is the beginning.
Jul 16, 2021 11:36 AM
Feb 2021
nightshadekait said:
hmmm not too sure about that kiss scene. maybe it was just a bit brash in execution. don't know what Vanitas was trying to do there...

was also kind of hoping Jeanne would actually have a more active role but idk. I guess we'll see her again soon

that ending was cool because of the new setting, but I do find it weird that were already jumping ahead. was that the end of the first arc?

It's difficult for Jeanne to have a very active role because she's literally a slave. And yeah, the pacing in the second half was off, they cut some stuff to get it to fit.
Jul 16, 2021 11:44 AM
Mar 2021
This is by far my favorite anime of the season
Jul 16, 2021 11:57 AM

Jun 2020
MugenNoShirayuki said:
nightshadekait said:

It's difficult for Jeanne to have a very active role because she's literally a slave. And yeah, the pacing in the second half was off, they cut some stuff to get it to fit.

That makes sense I guess. Except they haven’t fully explained her being a slave so it still feels underwhelming + I do think she still could’ve had more impact on the plot this episode. It might just be a pacing issue though, as that whole fight scene in general just doesn’t seem like it’ll affect the story much because of the fact that we’re already going into a new arc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does anyone know which chapters were cut from the manga?
Jul 16, 2021 12:03 PM
Apr 2020
episode was nice and all but i kinda hate it when they put a comedy skit in a serious situation :(
Jul 16, 2021 12:06 PM
Feb 2021
Vanitas is becoming the superior version day by day❤️.Every episode is reminding me of Bungou Stray Dogs.Such nostalgia.Some people may say " it's just another BSD" but it probably looks alike but the anime is on a whole different level.I did not read the manga so no idea about that but the anime itself is great in animation and storyline.The kiss scene was so hilarious in episode 3.Looking forward to more great episodes like this
Jul 16, 2021 12:39 PM

Dec 2018

They cut some things but over all the adaptation of those two chapters was nice!! Loved how they animated the kiss, I don't ship them but I am really fond of their scenes so I am glad they did it so beautifully. Also, finally Domi is here. They did her justice with her appearance.
Cannot wait to see them animate the rest :'D

myaoya said:
SnowBrightt said:

Let’s say he’s just a horrible person.

This is probably one of the best explanations ever. I love it.
_RizeJul 16, 2021 12:46 PM
Jul 16, 2021 12:54 PM

Jul 2011
Was good negotiation between Vanitas and Jeanne, that for the better or worse brought Jeanne personality out.

Hopefully soon we will see Amelia in maid clothes.

Know that the villain is carnival thing, makes me think how that will be. After all makes me remember of D.Gray.Man and Karakuri Circus.

When Dominique appeared I was "Who is that fantastic person", but then Kreisler appeared and I was "Who cares about that lady? I need a attendant like that".
Jul 16, 2021 12:56 PM
Feb 2021
nightshadekait said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

That makes sense I guess. Except they haven’t fully explained her being a slave so it still feels underwhelming + I do think she still could’ve had more impact on the plot this episode. It might just be a pacing issue though, as that whole fight scene in general just doesn’t seem like it’ll affect the story much because of the fact that we’re already going into a new arc ¯_(ツ)_/¯

The fight really didn't have much relevance even in the manga. The purpose of the fight was to serve as an introduction to Luca and Jeanne, explain how vampires are prejudiced against Vanitas and the book, and reveal Luca's interest in the book (and Vanitas's interest in Jeanne). It's more of a prelude to the coming arc. Jeanne gets a little more agency in that one.
Jul 16, 2021 1:09 PM

Jun 2020
MugenNoShirayuki said:
nightshadekait said:

That makes sense I guess. Except they haven’t fully explained her being a slave so it still feels underwhelming + I do think she still could’ve had more impact on the plot this episode. It might just be a pacing issue though, as that whole fight scene in general just doesn’t seem like it’ll affect the story much because of the fact that we’re already going into a new arc ¯_(ツ)_/¯

The fight really didn't have much relevance even in the manga. The purpose of the fight was to serve as an introduction to Luca and Jeanne, explain how vampires are prejudiced against Vanitas and the book, and reveal Luca's interest in the book (and Vanitas's interest in Jeanne). It's more of a prelude to the coming arc. Jeanne gets a little more agency in that one.

Oh I assumed it was supposed to be like a longer part of the story. Thanks for clearing that up
Jul 16, 2021 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
Well there you have it. To those people who said that it'll be a BL series you got it wrong. That kiss was unexpected though. I find it funny seeing Jeanne blushed face. We got to see what is Noé's power. Altus Paris seemed like an interesting place. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 16, 2021 1:19 PM

Mar 2017
This anime just keeps getting more and more interesting! I'm enjoying how unpredictable Vanitas is and what a roller coaster ride the plot is with it's quick changes between humor and the darker vibes. I can't wait for next ep to see what Altus is like and why Domi wants to separate Noe & Vanitas... Sus af.

Amelia's memory scene was f***ing terrifying! Charleton is hella creepy *shivers*. Noe has one truly amazing power, being able to read someone's memories like that.
Jul 16, 2021 1:21 PM

Apr 2020
Vanitas you magnificent bastard! Absolutely no issues with bluffing and lying his way towards his goal.. and the occasional lady. Poor kid though, now he has to worry about Vanitas coming after Jeanne on top of all of his other worries :))
Hand Fetish Episode :D
Jul 16, 2021 1:22 PM

Nov 2019
Suddenly this adaptation seemed to be in a hurry. One who binged 2 and 3 episodes together would notice how the tables turned way too early, for skipping the fight scene. The astermite stuff can be explained later, as they already said it's name in the first episode.

Otherwise, fun episode that bounces between frivolous comedy and deep darkness like crazy. Vanitas' pro gamer move on Jeanne was of course, the best part; and Noé in the distance wondering wtf was going on was hilarious. The animation of Charlatan was great tho.
Sade's voice tho! We might be getting some real good voice acting the coming episodes.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jul 16, 2021 1:34 PM
May 2020
nyaaaaaaaaaa15 said:
They made well that kiss scene, and, Domi is here!!

Sorry for bothering but where is that gif from? You also have her as your pofile picture :0
Jul 16, 2021 1:34 PM
May 2020
I love this anime more and more each episode
Jul 16, 2021 1:44 PM

Aug 2016
not gonna lie I'm so sad right now, this episode wasn't by any means "bad" but it was so rushed and that's coming from someone who didn't consider the 2nd episode to be rushed and they also cut a lot of things like Jeanne and Noe fight and how he blushed when he made eyes contact with her and also when Noe draw charlatan... man, I didn't even read these chapters like from a long long time and I'm still sad thinking about how much they cut
but otherwise, it was a pretty good episode but I hope that they stop with cutting scenes
Jul 16, 2021 1:45 PM
May 2020
R3alPvP said:
Good Episode and all, but...

...Im kinda horni now. First The Kiss with Jeanne then dem lickin and to finish it all of, Kayano Ai´s beautiful voice.

No, but for real, we now have a set of interesting characters and I really wanna see what happens next.

Sorry but no one wants to that ur horny man🤣too much info
Jul 16, 2021 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
I'm getting more interested about the world after watching the episode 3.
People are saying here that they are rushing things oh no. Just I started to get interested in the world
Jul 16, 2021 2:03 PM

May 2018
Such a great episode.
It looks gorgeous and almost every character acts as total jerk. I love that.
Jul 16, 2021 2:19 PM

Sep 2015
DonutCloud said:
I'm getting more interested about the world after watching the episode 3.
People are saying here that they are rushing things oh no. Just I started to get interested in the world

Except for a certain explanation (that they can very well add later, as some have already mentioned), the scenes cut aren't detrimental to the anime as a whole. It's just that for most people who has read the manga, it's likely to be disappointing when things aren't as expected. It's only natural to compare the two, after all.

As an anime-only watcher, I don't think you need to be worried.
The material they will be working with will most likely make it so that they'll adapt around 2 chapters per episode going forward. At least, that's my guess.
Jul 16, 2021 2:31 PM
Jul 2021
I love vanitas and jeanne they have so much romantic chemistry specially later
Jul 16, 2021 2:33 PM

Jul 2020
Snow_dropindo99 said:
EeveeRosa said:
it is needed to build a romance between the two later, and that is the beginning.

You didn't understand, I said the kiss was bizarre because they didn't have any chemistry, they didn't know each other before, and it seemed like the guy forced it, it was almost like a harassment, because he didn't even ask, it was totally one-sided, even if she liked it, it was just a consequence.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2021 2:33 PM
Oct 2012
Nothing actually important got really skipped. Sure I'm sad the action scene between Jeanne vs Noe got skipped, but I understand that this needs to be a 44 chapters in 24 episodes adaptation. It'll be fast, and some episodes will suffer some cutting to make some others flourish more. (I'm sure if they could remove the OP or ED for the episode, they'd be able to adapt it all with no skips, but not every anime has that luxury like some others)
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

126 by nikki05 »»
Apr 15, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Mar 25, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2021

148 by wallus81 »»
Mar 24, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Carte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2021

350 by wallus81 »»
Mar 18, 4:24 PM

» The Romance in this story... sucks. ( 1 2 )

AjiX101 - Jan 10, 2022

53 by tragedydesu »»
Mar 8, 9:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.