Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 9, 2021 8:59 PM

Mar 2016
I really wanted to see the distracted Noe scene ever since I had heard about the adaptation. haha! I am satisfied!

Oh!!! The flashback of the person from Noe's past is here!! And, their voice is so good!!

The music when Jeanne started attacking had me so excited! I love listening to Kajiurago.

I am maybe not very satisfied with the way Hanae Natsuki is playing Vanitas. Something just doesn't feel right about his acting. He makes the character extremely childish.

Luca is here too, and he's so small and adorable, and he almost revealed something important by accident! hahaha
Jul 9, 2021 9:34 PM

Jun 2020
Noe♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

This is so pretty to watch. The City of Flowers scene was so beautiful!!!!!! I really love the character designs.

Also L O L @ Murr

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 9, 2021 9:48 PM

Dec 2020
oo looks like we have a potential powerful ally? the kid and his knight? would love to see more of them

i love noe and vanitas' dynamic so much, they kinda remind me of another duo but i cant put my finger on who it is rn
Jul 9, 2021 10:40 PM

Jan 2020
I really like Jeanne's design so far. I can see myself liking her more if she gets more screentime.

Overall, this episode didn't really hook me for the most part but it was still needed

Jul 9, 2021 11:02 PM

Mar 2013
The style of this show is AMAZING, the art is FREAKING BEAUTIFUL, the character designs are top notch, Vanitas and Noe's dynamic is great, and Vanitas' BAAAKA was on point lol

AND THE OST MAN. THAT OST. I need it now.

Jul 9, 2021 11:35 PM

Jul 2016
Pretty good second episode. Really enjoying this series so far. We got a little glimpse of Noé's past to understand his character better and the dynamic he shares with Vanitas continues to be quite entertaining to see.

Comedy has also good timing and man, Jeanne is so pretty. This series' character designs sure are something else, huh?
Jul 9, 2021 11:40 PM
Jul 2018
damn the backdrop,animation n soundtrack slaps w each episode..def sticking w this one till the end
Jul 9, 2021 11:41 PM

Jan 2021
Damn, this is AOTS for me rn.
Definitely looking forward for more episodes !!!
Jul 9, 2021 11:53 PM

Jun 2020
The animation style in a lot of scenes was very similar to that of Shaft even though the studio is Bones. I think it's coz of the director who has worked on a lot of Monogatari and other Shaft projects before.
Jul 10, 2021 12:19 AM

Apr 2021
This episode was definitely more interesting than the first one. It was filled with more action-packed scenes and it also gives off more of a vampire-y vibe compared to the first episode. The pacing is quite good, and I'm glad that I got to understand what The Book of Vanitas truly does compared to the previous episode. Though there are things that I'm still confused about, I believe that all of those things will be answered as I continue to watch on.

Also, I'd like to add that the animation for this episode is still as amazing and captivating. I love how they animated the part when Noe steps into Paris. It really made you feel as if Paris truly IS the city of flowers, as Vanitas mentioned.

I find it funny that Noe doesn't fully trust Vanitas, yet he joins, assists, and even protects him from harm's way. I'm very curious and interested to know more about their adventures in the following episodes.

𝓗𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓼 𝓮𝓶𝓹𝓽𝔂, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓵𝓼 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮.

Jul 10, 2021 12:36 AM

Nov 2019
Really enjoying the adaptation so far, 15 minutes passed away like nothing. The soundtrack is so godly, I have to put on headphones. The exposition is done swiftly and nonchalantly, which makes it natural. Next episode is pure hype, so can't wait for that moment.

I do think Vanitas is Hanae's toughest role yet. He really has to do some points right. Like when he's coaxing Noé to join him, the viewer is supposed to think there are underlying motives. I mean, I am expecting a darker voice of Vanitas that is hinted at times. Except for that, the VAs are doing a top-tier job.

My favorite has made her appearance, and yeah, Inori is nailing her! Those flashbacks of [redacted] are done well too.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jul 10, 2021 12:38 AM

Apr 2020
SirTristam said:
This is a very girly anime.
Made for female audience

Dividing anime as "girly" and "manly" doesn't make any sense especially when a lot of men watch extremely moe-filled anime like Quintuplets.
Jul 10, 2021 12:43 AM

Apr 2020
Featheredbird said:
There's really no specific audience for this one, despite it being tagged under the Shounen genre and created by a female author.

It's the kind of thing that can be enjoyed by both genders.

Just because the mangaka is female and enjoys drawing pretty boys doesn't mean it's fuji bait or anything. As a manga reader, I can assure you. They're straight. They've just got a good friendship going on.
Oh, and, yeah. It's probably good to mention that Jun Mochizuki is known for focusing upon themes such as friendship and comradery.

There are literally five thousand cute girls doing cute things shows in the market and we don't hear a peep about them.

If you can put your testosterone aside and just give this one a shot without making half-brained judgments, I do hope you'll find it enjoyable.

I agree so much! The majority of all anime is catered toward a male audience filled with either moe/wife bait or straightforward action, yet just because this features beautifully drawn men with a female mangaka, suddenly its 'female fanservice/catering'. That's all it takes for an anime to be fanservice for women? This sort of shallow judgement is (according to me) mostly done by the MAL crowd more than any other forums.
Jul 10, 2021 12:48 AM

Mar 2020
Kuten said:
"Why are we in the jail?"
"Good question, Noe".

The city of flowers scenery looks fabulous. How did Vanitas survive so many tosses and punches from Noe in this episode? Is that the true power acquired from the Vampire of The Blue Moon? Incredible resistance?
Its a supernatural series..SO u can guess why?
Jul 10, 2021 12:57 AM

Mar 2020
Xesty17 said:
Criticiza said:
Really loving the little flashbacks, fleshing out the characters a lot honestly especially considering we're only two episodes in. Anyone think that noe's speech reminded you of monogatari with how he was using ridiculous poses to say something nonsensical? Just me? xD

The animations on this one is crispy, the scenery, the characters eye's, and the fight sequences are a sight to behold, props to that honestly haven't been blown away by something relatively simple like this since vivy's lol.

The entire noe/vanitas chemistry is jokes, both are idiots that want the same thing and keep butting heads about it but it's funny as hell. Those other two vampries seems quite the loyal pair, nearly cleaving vanitas' head off for being impertinent lol. I don't really know why the representative wanted alice dead through public executions other than to appease the public, seems a tad violent but I digress.

The hell fire witch was interesting, seems she's a shota-con? Or just the run of the mill bashful murderer that you see everywhere? Jokes aside, she's bloody op, I though the coffin contained the kids brother not a gauntlet and that fire she spewed was beautifully destructive to say the least.

Honestly one of the better starts to this season, I'm defo sticking around on this one!
Yeah actually, the director worked on Monogatari and you can definitely see the influence on this anime. Stuff like composition, character acting and harsh cel- shading is clearly inspired from Monogatari.

Overall a pretty solid episodes. I wasn't that impressed by the story, but I love Vanitas and Noe's dynamic. Reminds me a lot of Dazai x Atsushi from Bungou Stray Dogs, except here Noe has much more character than Atsushi. One thing I can say though is the directing was absolutely fantastic. I loved the stylized action and the color palettes. The quick cuts during dialogue as well were super reminiscent of Monogatari.

I honestly wasn't really a fan of the comedy though. It felt weird combined with the style of directing.

Looking forward to next episode.
Well this is just an intro and the story is going to get quite dark towards the end of the 1st cour and once the 2nd cour airs, its gonna be way too good..Atleast for me there is nothing in this year topping it of
Jul 10, 2021 1:03 AM

Aug 2016
that flashback hit right at the feeling damn it :(
I wanna apologize to Minase Inori, I actually doubted that she has the ability to deliver Jeanne voice in but I was completely wrong
another great episode btw but how I'm supposed to wait another week for the next one?
Jul 10, 2021 1:52 AM

Jul 2014
Blue_Maroon said:
Hm. The action looks good. The conflicts feel contrived. So none of the vampires have heard of Vanitas saving the cursed vampires? Hell, the one girl literally saw him subduing a cursed vampire but still didn’t believe him? Not the biggest fan of these main character archetypes tbh. It gets obnoxious and tries to make the character writing seem more clever than it actually is.

Amelia was cured and now she's up for execution. So it's no surprise that none of the vampires cured by Vanitas would make it publicly known that they were cured or even cursed in the first place. The bourreaus would never believe them. And it was cut from this episode, but Vanitas says that he usually doesn't mention his name nor his book in front of his patients due to the fear that it'll cause them. So yeah, Vanitas is hardly known beyond the legend.
Jul 10, 2021 1:58 AM

Oct 2016
That was a really great episode, am already really tempted to read the manga. I know a show is good shit when it's making me wanna read the source material. Really liking Noé and Vanitas's chemistry. Murr slapping Noé was hilarious lmao.

I've only met Jeanne, but I love her already, her design is so good. Plus, I guess I just have a thing for white haired characters lmao. Visuals and music are also bangers, probably gonna start reading the manga now. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 10, 2021 2:00 AM
Jan 2021
Episode 1846 is out! Tell us your thoughts!
Jul 10, 2021 2:42 AM

Mar 2020
This was such a good adapt! I was mostly worried about The Flash back scene but they nailed it and made it even better! They did justice to jeane and her voice acting is top notch. Glad that they are capturing the Personality of vanitas in a good manner as well(And natsuki hanae is doing a great job as expected). Loving every second of it so far. And yeah the animation is beautiful too i mean it had to be considering how great the art of the manga is so this had to be one of the first priorities of the studio in order to make this a good adapt and they nailed it. HOwever there were some Missing manga panels but no dialouge or monolouge was cut which is better considering this story is dialouge heavy. Not to mention they added some anime original scenes to make up for that as well.Though cutting noe using a flash bomb in order to escape might have been my only complain but music and animation more then makes up for that its almost a near perfect adaptation!
And the music! That was more then enough to give me goosebumps. Yuki kaijura the queen of music!
And ngl i am enjoying the dynamics between the characters in the anime far more then the manga though the manga is exceptional as well.
Cant wait to see the reactions of people on the next episode xd.
And yeah this is literally just an intro. Vanitas is a dark tale with phenomenol world building and great characters and a potential aoty if the second cour gets animated in the mean time. I am mostly excited for the second cour considering it has my 2nd favourite character in the series(After vanitas) xd.
And for the people thinking this is a misunderstanding, well it is much more then that as vanitas already said in the end that this is something which is deeply rooted in their minds. Noe has a very good reason and he was a eye witness to it as well so he believes vanitas but it will take alot of time for others to believe him

234MannanJul 10, 2021 5:05 AM
Jul 10, 2021 2:50 AM

Nov 2019
Reven-of-death said:
that flashback hit right at the feeling damn it :(
I wanna apologize to Minase Inori, I actually doubted that she has the ability to deliver Jeanne voice in but I was completely wrong
another great episode btw but how I'm supposed to wait another week for the next one?

Never doubt her! Check out her Carol voice in Symphogear. She can do this.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jul 10, 2021 2:54 AM

Mar 2020
SirTristam said:
Made for female audience
Are u from the 18th century by any chance?
Its rare to find time travelers xd
In anycase dividing something into girly and boyish is quite absurd from the get ago especially when it comes to things like entertainment.
Jul 10, 2021 3:20 AM

Jan 2020
they are so fruity lol
Jul 10, 2021 4:42 AM

Apr 2018
Incredibly beautiful anime.
Jul 10, 2021 7:01 AM

Mar 2014
Great episode and that Hellfire witch Jeanne sure is hot
Jul 10, 2021 8:12 AM

Dec 2008
I'm not a fan of Jeanne.
Jul 10, 2021 8:53 AM

Mar 2020
Another great episode. The animation is always so beautiful. Noé-kun and Vanitas-san interactions is really funny (kaito-kun and Hanae-san). And Noé-kun always saving Vanitas-san. Jeanne is a beauty. (it's Inori-san)

Vanitas no Karte is one of my favorites this summer season. And I love the OP song since episode 1 (I'm waiting for the digital release).
Zorosuke_Jul 10, 2021 8:57 AM
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jul 10, 2021 9:08 AM
Aug 2020
This anime is new to me. I don't know why other people are being homophobic lmao (like some of them would use hurtful words that would affect a person, not a character. They are taking it personally.). Can't they just care less about the fujodanshis? They have their thoughts. If you can not tolerate them then don't mind them, can you not? Yes, we have eyes and ears but we can 'cover' them lol.

For those fujodanshis (like me), control is important. Yes, we have a ship we wanted to sail but it also damages their image to those who aren't fujodanshis though (and it's one of the reasons they would drop the anime 🤷‍♀️).

I am not taking one side. I balanced myself being a fujoshi.

p.s. love yah. It's just, I don't want a fight between fujodanshis and those who aren't. 🙇🏼‍♀️
Jul 10, 2021 9:28 AM
Sep 2020
Forgot to write something but yep this pretty much matches up with the manga, I’m not disappointed at all!
Jul 10, 2021 1:41 PM

Apr 2018
Bones animation is really amazing, Noe and Vanitas conversation are always fun but this time it's time to do some business. They gotta prove that Vanitas' book is real but at the same time they get attacked by Luca and Jeanne and damn that weapon is something else. Kinda overpowered but aight..

Well, I geuss they'll go back to get that curse-bearers' body..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 10, 2021 2:07 PM

Aug 2018
I really enjoyed this episode!! I'm not really familiar with Inori Minase and I had my doubts when I took a look at her filmography but she's done a fantastic job with Jeanne! I'm not personally a big fan of fight scenes (in any medium or any series) but I admit I enjoyed watching them this episode.

However, I still find the comedy a little off-putting. Although it was not my favorite thing in the manga I didn't particularly find a problem with it. It feels overemphasized in comparison. Actually, the tone of the series as whole feels less serious/more lighthearted. Even the characters, Noé comes off as more childish and Vanitas comes off as less sinister. There's one scene in particular I found a little disappointing :/ Still, I did enjoy this episode and I'm looking forward to next week *\o/*
Jul 10, 2021 2:54 PM

Sep 2015
myaoya said:
I really enjoyed this episode!! I'm not really familiar with Inori Minase and I had my doubts when I took a look at her filmography but she's done a fantastic job with Jeanne! I'm not personally a big fan of fight scenes (in any medium or any series) but I admit I enjoyed watching them this episode.

However, I still find the comedy a little off-putting. Although it was not my favorite thing in the manga I didn't particularly find a problem with it. It feels overemphasized in comparison. Actually, the tone of the series as whole feels less serious/more lighthearted. Even the characters, Noé comes off as more childish and Vanitas comes off as less sinister. There's one scene in particular I found a little disappointing :/ Still, I did enjoy this episode and I'm looking forward to next week *\o/*

Out of curiousity, which scene did you find a bit disappointing?
Jul 10, 2021 3:50 PM

Sep 2018

This is shaping up to be such a great show.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jul 10, 2021 4:58 PM

Nov 2014
SirTristam said:
Made for female audience
Pff, haha, how cute of you to think like that for us :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2021 5:32 PM

Jul 2015
Hmm wonder if luca and jeanne will join the duo in their journey later something, like a team. though tbh I prefer vanitas and noe to stay as duo, haha!

They have to get a weapon! just in case they encounter something like the red claw-fist again in the future. noe can't possibly keep fighting barehanded right? and vanitas, his book is powerful ik but he only uses it for healing (at least that's what I gather after 2 eps)
Jul 10, 2021 9:27 PM

Feb 2019
This episode was excruciatingly tedious. Just a nonstop torrent of exposition for fifteen straight minutes about the secret vampire police, that they're in Paris, walking through the premise a second, third time, introducing about a half dozen characters just to pitch them straight to the curb. My 'favorite' part is that they spent goddamned near five minutes discussing how there was some random serial killer that they need to catch to fulfill their quest, only to immediately find him, do their stupid little magical girl pose, and sparkly away the evil. The entire time, and even after, his intended victim just sitting on the edge of the scene, which I guess they eventually forgot about, because then she disappeared when some rival characters showed up out of nowhere, and, you guessed it, more goddamned exposition about their names, purpose, bloodtype, date of birth, last four digits of their social, etc.

Even the tiny bit of action got sucked into the nonstop talking heads explaining the situation. Oh, she's equipping her weapon, but while she takes 90 seconds to do that, let's have a discussion of that too. She attacks a whopping two times, three if you count Vampire Boy tossing Whose-Its into a wall, and then the last three minutes is back to dudes sitting around, explaining to each other the premise of the show that there's a book that does stuff to vampires for I think the fourth time this episode alone. I get it. I get the concept. Can we please move on? Or is this really all that you have to offer? Telling me over and over and over and over that the magic vampire book has vampire magic???
Jul 10, 2021 11:19 PM

Aug 2018
Cathen99 said:
myaoya said:

It was the scene at the end of the episode. I'll put the manga comparison under a spoiler tag though it's not really a spoiler.

It might be a minor thing but I'm very fond of these little subtle bits that add to the characterization. Especially with a character that reveals very little about themself like Vanitas.
Jul 11, 2021 12:31 AM

Mar 2020
RayReynolds said:
This episode was excruciatingly tedious. Just a nonstop torrent of exposition for fifteen straight minutes about the secret vampire police, that they're in Paris, walking through the premise a second, third time, introducing about a half dozen characters just to pitch them straight to the curb. My 'favorite' part is that they spent goddamned near five minutes discussing how there was some random serial killer that they need to catch to fulfill their quest, only to immediately find him, do their stupid little magical girl pose, and sparkly away the evil. The entire time, and even after, his intended victim just sitting on the edge of the scene, which I guess they eventually forgot about, because then she disappeared when some rival characters showed up out of nowhere, and, you guessed it, more goddamned exposition about their names, purpose, bloodtype, date of birth, last four digits of their social, etc.

Even the tiny bit of action got sucked into the nonstop talking heads explaining the situation. Oh, she's equipping her weapon, but while she takes 90 seconds to do that, let's have a discussion of that too. She attacks a whopping two times, three if you count Vampire Boy tossing Whose-Its into a wall, and then the last three minutes is back to dudes sitting around, explaining to each other the premise of the show that there's a book that does stuff to vampires for I think the fourth time this episode alone. I get it. I get the concept. Can we please move on? Or is this really all that you have to offer? Telling me over and over and over and over that the magic vampire book has vampire magic???
I am kinda wondering if u even understood the episode or not..There were many new bits of information and this is a dialouge heavy story.
To start with it gives us a hint to why noe is soo obessed with the knowing about the book by giving us a glimpse of his past. THE DIALOUGE you are ponting out is a nessary monolouge to establish relations between 2 main characters not to mention its nessary for their dynamics and chemistry as well considering the events that will come ahead.and as far as jeane is concerned, it was a great way to introduce a important character... The book of vanitas has many contrieved opinions and the first episode was not enough to explain that. Maybe u just dont like dialouge heavy stories..
234MannanJul 11, 2021 1:09 AM
Jul 11, 2021 7:47 AM

Sep 2015
myaoya said:
Cathen99 said:

It was the scene at the end of the episode. I'll put the manga comparison under a spoiler tag though it's not really a spoiler.

It might be a minor thing but I'm very fond of these little subtle bits that add to the characterization. Especially with a character that reveals very little about themself like Vanitas.

Ah yes, I see what you mean! I personally felt they nailed the small shots of Vanitas after that, though. But I agree that that scene could have been done slightly better.
Jul 11, 2021 8:15 AM

Jan 2021
Okay.. first of all I want to say that Noe is so cute and cool. The first reason I watched this was because I was curious about Vanitas... but I didn't think I'd fall in love with Noe after watching only two episodes.

For some reason I was moved when Noe said that what Vanitas did was the right thing. Vanitas's expression seemed to say that all this time people thought what he was doing was wrong... and no one had thought he was right.

The chemistry between Vanitas and Noe is so funny lol I can't wait for more Vanitas and Noe's journey to defend The Book of Vanitas and save the vampires!

p.s: Jeanne looks really cool.

Jul 11, 2021 9:12 AM

Jun 2016
ommg this show is awesome !!!
Jul 11, 2021 11:27 AM

Nov 2014
finally a good vampire show.
Jul 11, 2021 1:02 PM

Jul 2016
Nice build up episode. That adds some backstory for Noe and dynamic with Vanitas. And this episode has appearances of new faces like the new powerful vampire Jeanne

Jul 11, 2021 1:39 PM
May 2021
This anime will probably not get boring. It just gives off the feeling of a high-paced, attention-grabbing show that might have some other problems along the line, but for it to not be entertaining just doesn't seem possible atm.

Giving us a beautiful badass waifu with Jeanne helps a lot too.
Jul 11, 2021 11:31 PM
Jul 2021
Blue_Maroon said:
Hm. The action looks good. The conflicts feel contrived. So none of the vampires have heard of Vanitas saving the cursed vampires? Hell, the one girl literally saw him subduing a cursed vampire but still didn’t believe him? Not the biggest fan of these main character archetypes tbh. It gets obnoxious and tries to make the character writing seem more clever than it actually is.

Vampires have essentially been taught from birth that the Book of Vanitas is made specifically to turn them into curse-bearers. Not exactly easy to break that type of thinking.

To add to that, going in with that belief, is it really so hard to think the the Book of Vanitas would allow it's user to control a curse-bearer after cursing them? I would say that's actually a pretty logical thought all things considered.

These are characters coming in with knowledge far differing from what we as viewers know, if anything it would be unrealistic for Vampires to blindly accept ANYTHING Vanitas says as truth. The Book of Vanitas is essentially the Vampire's boogeyman, a literal horror fairytale come to life.

One last thing, we don't know how recently Vanitas started curing curse-bearers. For all we know Amelia was his first patient. Chances are it was fairly recently since Noe just received a letter from his teacher saying it was discovered.
NotenotchJul 11, 2021 11:50 PM
Jul 12, 2021 12:57 AM

Dec 2016
Vanitas and Noe's moments are amusing XD

I wonder how will Vanitas defeat Jeanne...

Now Vanitas will have to show everyone that he uses the book of Vanitas to save the vampires.
Jul 12, 2021 5:21 AM

Jun 2019
Notenotch said:
Blue_Maroon said:

Vampires have essentially been taught from birth that the Book of Vanitas is made specifically to turn them into curse-bearers. Not exactly easy to break that type of thinking.

To add to that, going in with that belief, is it really so hard to think the the Book of Vanitas would allow it's user to control a curse-bearer after cursing them? I would say that's actually a pretty logical thought all things considered.

These are characters coming in with knowledge far differing from what we as viewers know, if anything it would be unrealistic for Vampires to blindly accept ANYTHING Vanitas says as truth. The Book of Vanitas is essentially the Vampire's boogeyman, a literal horror fairytale come to life.

One last thing, we don't know how recently Vanitas started curing curse-bearers. For all we know Amelia was his first patient. Chances are it was fairly recently since Noe just received a letter from his teacher saying it was discovered.

Going by this logic, I don't see how any vampire will trust him. Even after he cures one in front of them they would still believe that he undid the curse to throw them off his trail or something.

That one girl did see him subduing that one cursed vampire with the book but refused to even try and accept his help. Factoring in all the years of false information, that still doesn't make much sense. If he (the brother) is already cursed, why not take Vanitas up on his offer and attack if it doesn't work? That seems like the reasonable option given what she has seen.
Jul 12, 2021 7:33 AM

Oct 2016
Blue_Maroon said:
Notenotch said:

Going by this logic, I don't see how any vampire will trust him. Even after he cures one in front of them they would still believe that he undid the curse to throw them off his trail or something.

That one girl did see him subduing that one cursed vampire with the book but refused to even try and accept his help. Factoring in all the years of false information, that still doesn't make much sense. If he (the brother) is already cursed, why not take Vanitas up on his offer and attack if it doesn't work? That seems like the reasonable option given what she has seen.

Seeing Vanitas subdue the vampire doesn't mean anything. If anything, it simply proves that Vanitas has the power to manipulate vampires. He could be plotting something bigger, or running experiments on curse-bearers for all the vampires know. And you're right that nobody trusts Vanitas, but as a human, most vampires can't really do anything about it, which is why Jeanne and Luca had to investigate undercover by themselves.

And what if Vanitas straight up killed his brother? What if Vanitas uses this chance to get close to Lucas, who is clearly an aristocrat, to curse or kill him? The kid's theory is that the curses could be removed by destroying the source, which is the book. If his theory is wrong and the book ISNT the source of the curse, then he suffers no loss in this scenario. Yes we know that Vanitas can cure curse-bearers, but the vampires don't know that. They're essentially running cost-benefit analyses here and came to the conclusion that trusting Vanitas isn't worth risking their lives or true name. You've seen how people in the West were skeptical of vaccines coming from China and Russia during the pandemic, it's the same logic.
Jul 12, 2021 9:25 AM

Mar 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
Notenotch said:

FIrst of which girl are u talking about(There are 3 in total which are intoduced till now scratch that 4 )? did u pay attention to the dialouge by any chance? Vanitas himself said that the book of vanitas can be used to manipulate and corrupt vampire names and Noe has a very good reason to believe in vanitas which is a spoiler. If anything the vampires are actually willing to listen to vanitas if he manages to proof his word and that is precisely what he tring to do and jeane and luca and the count themselves are investigating the curse bearers and his work as a whole.. They wont trust him completely but will let him of the hook for the most part.. He is proving that he means no harm and his method of application is for the good for the most part. Considering its just the introductory fase their is just to much surrounding him in this decision as well.There is to much that hasnt even been revealed yet... Its not contrieved it has a proper build up if u payed attention to dialouges and if u have some patience regarding the series as a whole...and most vampires dont even reside in the human world?
234MannanJul 12, 2021 9:29 AM
Jul 12, 2021 9:15 PM

Jul 2019
The pacing has been noticeably fast: Side characters are introduced left and right, a plot lined in added, and the urgency of saving Amelia.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

126 by nikki05 »»
Apr 15, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

242 by Sasutaschi »»
Apr 6, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Mar 25, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Carte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2021

350 by wallus81 »»
Mar 18, 4:24 PM

» The Romance in this story... sucks. ( 1 2 )

AjiX101 - Jan 10, 2022

53 by tragedydesu »»
Mar 8, 9:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.