Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2021 12:59 PM

Jan 2013
This anime is practically over.

Only one episode remaining and we practically know next to nothing about the world as it either was delegated to be "mystery" or it was "subverted". Some questions anime raised were never answered, and probably never going to be, as even in the best-case scenario a sequel for this anime is a year or so away. Story advancement is practically minimal, and the only good thing this anime did it allowed LN readers to act smug for two seasons over things that aren't ever going to be shown.

I can't wait for the next episode. We will see what this fuss was about, if anything.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jun 18, 2021 1:05 PM

Nov 2019
Now, as my favorite character Sophia shows off her skills, I expected I'll love this episode. Naive, was I...
Again, forget about the crap CGI, scene composition and drunk angles. Forget about the desert battlefield out of nowhere...

Wtf are they doing with the character impressions? If you give every OP character a smug, cocky attitude, whether it's from the human reincarnations' perspective or not, they just appear as generic as most of the hero faction.
Sophia was not supposed to talk so tauntingly (hello, smugface!); she was actually bored with the entire 'show' Shun & Co put up. Her remarks were of a disinterested person, and that was what unnerved the opposition so much. In fact, the development from that to "You should have gone for the head" moment was a brilliant way to depict a one-sided fight. Sigh.

I don't think at all that I like this adaptation. Hopefully it draws in more potential readers, which might be it's goal. But I think it's a waste to squander a chance to rightfully depict one of the best non-orthodox isekai onscreen.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jun 18, 2021 1:06 PM
Jun 2021
beast_regards said:
This anime is practically over.

Only one episode remaining and we practically know next to nothing about the world as it either was delegated to be "mystery" or it was "subverted". Some questions anime raised were never answered, and probably never going to be, as even in the best-case scenario a sequel for this anime is a year or so away. Story advancement is practically minimal, and the only good thing this anime did it allowed LN readers to act smug for two seasons over things that aren't ever going to be shown.

I can't wait for the next episode. We will see what this fuss was about, if anything.

If we only had Kumoko side you would have even less informations about the world. The manga is at the same point, but he cut every non-Kumoko POV that gives informations about both the world and the story.

Until now it was only the prologue (that will finish next episode), the real story begins after that.
Jun 18, 2021 1:11 PM

Jan 2013
groudonvert said:
If we only had Kumoko side you would have even less informations about the world. The manga is at the same point, but he cut every non-Kumoko POV that gives informations about both the world and the story.

Until now it was only the prologue (that will finish next episode), the real story begins after that.

We are in episode 23 out of 24. This is not a prologue, this is the entire show bar the final scene. A stupid shounen logic justifying stupid shounen protagonist. There aren't going to be 500 episodes.
Jun 18, 2021 1:15 PM
Mar 2021
Maruseru93 said:
thats it the anime gets from me a 6/10 more does it not deserve i mean robots in a fantasy world? thats so stupid and those 2 sophia and wrath are so cocky their arrogance knows no bounds it triggers me so hard just because they were reincarated as monsters they act all high and mighty especially sophia who was back outside and inside ugly ass hell is still ugly inside
well that's how good this show. Author just troll us. XD

Are you kidding? Because they are Demon Commander. They don't need any bond to show up. Sophia is one of best girl and biggest one in this show. Well Wrath is one of two secret charracter to suprise Shun and others. Human side just about leak and leak. XD
Jun 18, 2021 1:22 PM

Oct 2019
One more episode without Kumoko (without spider Kumoko anyway..) :/ The lady in white & pink finally spoke (a little) but I couldn't discern if it was Aoi Yuuki's voice, which was clearly by design.

I wonder which of the three girls has a beef with Potimas. Potimas said "persistent little girl", not "girls". So is it Kumoko, is it Ariel or is it Sophia? In the past Kumoko protected Sophia from being kidnapped (and having her parents killed) and Potimas thought that Kumoko did this under Ariel's orders. As we all know Kumoko did this on her own.
I think that's precisely when the "feud" between Potimas (and by extension the elves) and "the persistent girl" and her allies started. Sophia's rescue is almost certainly the event that ties everything together, in particular the past and present events.

I think Potimas' assumed "persistent girl" is Ariel, because Potimas probably still thinks (despite the 14 - 15 years that have passed) that she has wanted to take on him from that time. But the actual "persistent girl", the kind of secret driving force behind the feud, is Kumoko. Who was involved at first to protect Sophia and then realized that the Elves are a threat to this world in general (based on her Taboo Level 10 knowledge). What I do not (yet) know is if Ariel is even, er, Ariel at the present time or if Kumoko's Body-chan has fully taken over. If that turns out to be the case in the present time the girls are basically two, not three.

As for the Mecha machines the Elves probably made them by milking the reincarnated students they abducted of all they knew, perhaps in secret with magic spells.
Jun 18, 2021 1:24 PM

Jul 2014
Whaaaaaaaaat... Why the fuck do elves have a modern command center... and mechas?!!!!!!

Unlike others I'm not a Shun hater but my God, he really got on my nerves today. How the fuck you go from realizing you were risking your friends life in vain to fuck it, let's do it. At least it was good to see him beat Hugo and see how this one realized he was just a puppet... can he die already though?

Not that I didn't already have my doubts about the elves but I think I'm starting to believe more and more in the demon lord.

I want Sophia to step on me xD. Ayana Taketatsu's voice is so alluring.
Jun 18, 2021 1:25 PM
Jun 2021
beast_regards said:
groudonvert said:

We are in episode 23 out of 24. This is not a prologue, this is the entire show bar the final scene. A stupid shounen logic justifying stupid shounen protagonist. There aren't going to be 500 episodes.

As I told you before, it's a Seinen, not a Shonen. I don't know if there will be a season 2, but what I know is that there enough contents for at least 3 seasons of 24 episodes.

Did you really think that the anime will be over with that much informations given in the last episodes (specially this one) ?
Jun 18, 2021 1:29 PM
Mar 2021
beast_regards said:
groudonvert said:

lol what you say is your Shounen logic. How hard to tell you that MC is Kumoko, not Shun. Kumoko now is too OP, so she gets less screen time in Shun arc. To increase her screen time, she needs a worthly enemy who stronger than her now. XD

Prologue? No this is final arc for Shun in this season. Well this is just a leak from future before prologue from Spider. XD
Jun 18, 2021 1:30 PM
Jun 2021
SkyLETV said:
Whaaaaaaaaat... Why the fuck do elves have a modern command center... and mechas?!!!!!!

Unlike others I'm not a Shun hater but my God, he really got on my nerves today. How the fuck you go from realizing you were risking your friends life in vain to fuck it, let's do it. At least it was good to see him beat Hugo and see how this one realized he was just a puppet... can he die already though?

Not that I didn't already have my doubts about the elves but I think I'm starting to believe more and more in the demon lord.

I want Sophia to step on me xD. Ayana Taketatsu's voice is so alluring.

To be honest, Shun is not supposed to be a likeable character. If you hate him, that's normal. The events that happen around him are much more important than his character.
Jun 18, 2021 1:31 PM
Jun 2021
Shimura27 said:
beast_regards said:

lol what you say is your Shounen logic. How hard to tell you that MC is Kumoko, not Shun. Kumoko now is too OP, so she gets less screen time in Shun arc. To increase her screen time, she needs a worthly enemy who stronger than her now. XD

Prologue? No this is final arc for Shun in this season. Well this is just a leak from future before prologue from Spider. XD

For Shun it's the final arc, but it's common to say that LN1 to 5 are the prologue of the story.
Jun 18, 2021 1:31 PM

Jan 2013
groudonvert said:
As I told you before, it's a Seinen, not a Shonen. I don't know if there will be a season 2, but what I know is that there enough contents for at least 3 seasons of 24 episodes.

Did you really think that the anime will be over with that much informations given in the last episodes (specially this one) ?

Oh, yes, very mature show. *rolling eyes*

Did you watch the same show?

They can't afford make 24 episodes properly. You really think they will adapt all the novel if they can't handle even a portion of it.
Jun 18, 2021 1:41 PM
Jun 2021
beast_regards said:
groudonvert said:

Oh, yes, very mature show. *rolling eyes*

Did you watch the same show?

They can't afford make 24 episodes properly. You really think they will adapt all the novel if they can't handle even a portion of it.

I don't know, the manga is a Seinen, do you think Kumoko's part is a mature show ?

I don't care about the animation, they did what they did but thanks to them I discovered a great story. Much greater than you think it is.
Jun 18, 2021 1:43 PM
Mar 2021
groudonvert said:
Shimura27 said:

For Shun it's the final arc, but it's common to say that LN1 to 5 are the prologue of the story.
not gonna lie, if it about LN then you're right.
Jun 18, 2021 1:48 PM

Nov 2007
Pretty good episode story wise.
Too bad the animation is still so bad. I really hope they have reserved half their budget for the last episode or would be even madder at the studio - who takes A rank source material and give it that sort of treatment? And it is not like that`s their first offence... -.-
As for the people dropping because of some mecha... you know there are ton of animes that started fantasy but turned out mind blowing sci fi. In the case of kumo desu it was actually hinted at multiple occasions even within the anime that that is the case e.g. Kumoko's detection skill looking like the matrix, D dropping phone in the middle of no where and hinting that she programed the world, the Taboo flashbacks, a forking rpg voice announcing level ups.. Come on, this is one more drop in a very big bucket at this point.
Jun 18, 2021 1:58 PM
Aug 2018
What the hell happen to this anime....its like watching a train wreck happening right infront of me every week i watch it. wasn't this anime about the '"main" character the spider? why are we watching two separate stories in the same world that rarely collides? then why is there mechas now? whats going on seriously. then also she wasn't even in this episode.
Jun 18, 2021 2:04 PM
Jun 2021
XxMrFiresxX said:
What the hell happen to this anime....its like watching a train wreck happening right infront of me every week i watch it. wasn't this anime about the '"main" character the spider? why are we watching two separate stories in the same world that rarely collides? then why is there mechas now? whats going on seriously. then also she wasn't even in this episode.

The main point of the Prolepsis is the world building, new characters introduction (most of the new characters introduced so far are from Shun side), he pov of those who knew Kumoko in her past (like Ronandt or the labyrinth guide) and the story that will happen in the future of Kumoko.

I don't care about Shun more than most of you, but it's not his purpose to be like or cared for.
Jun 18, 2021 2:06 PM

Mar 2010
why they do this... the season is almost over and there is little to no hype for the last episode....... damn

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 18, 2021 2:12 PM
Aug 2018
groudonvert said:
XxMrFiresxX said:

The main point of the Prolepsis is the world building, new characters introduction (most of the new characters introduced so far are from Shun side), he pov of those who knew Kumoko in her past (like Ronandt or the labyrinth guide) and the story that will happen in the future of Kumoko.

I don't care about Shun more than most of you, but it's not his purpose to be like or cared for.
honestly i couldn't care less about the shun side of the story or any of his companions. was hoping it was just a story about the spider, because that by itself could be interesting, a isekai where the main character is a spider? but it wouldn't be a 24 epi without all that random story lines
Jun 18, 2021 2:17 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
A welcome arrival of some mechs, and just in time for the finale next week too!

I doubt they will make a huge impact, but it's still cool non-the-less.
Jun 18, 2021 2:21 PM
Jun 2021
XxMrFiresxX said:
groudonvert said:

honestly i couldn't care less about the shun side of the story or any of his companions. was hoping it was just a story about the spider, because that by itself could be interesting, a isekai where the main character is a spider? but it wouldn't be a 24 epi without all that random story lines

Well, I wonder what your expectations would be if there were only Kumoko. Wouldn't you want to know where the story goes at last ?

Honestly, I wouldn't defend Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka that much if Kumoko was the only story. Because a grinding spider is not what I like to watch.
Jun 18, 2021 2:28 PM
Aug 2018
groudonvert said:
XxMrFiresxX said:

Well, I wonder what your expectations would be if there were only Kumoko. Wouldn't you want to know where the story goes at last ?

Honestly, I wouldn't defend Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka that much if Kumoko was the only story. Because a grinding spider is not what I like to watch.
Well that is true in some ways where it maybe boring but in this case they squeezed in the human side of the story in there but it just felt like a separate story line in the same anime and that story line just became weird to watch as the story progress. like the first few episode was great but when her classmates came into the world it just started getting weird like why am i suddenly watching a different story about them, like why should i care what happens to them, kumoko and the other heros havent even interacted yet. i think they could have better blended both stories together for the anime.
XxMrFiresxXJun 18, 2021 2:49 PM
Jun 18, 2021 2:30 PM
Jul 2016
Episode a solid 2 of 5. I don't read manga but something feels off about this series. The pacing can go from great to episodes like this that feel like or worse than fillers. I ended up fast forwarding through most of the episode. I find myself really hating the human aspect of this anime. Only time it is fun is when the spider is on screen IMO.
Jun 18, 2021 2:32 PM
May 2018
I don't get why anyone would be surprised by mechas appearing when this story has been shown to have heavy RPG game elements like levels and skills in it. Bad guys with mechas and crazy futury-tech show up all the time in them right!

I love this show. But following Shun and friends's POV has been really tiring This ep wasn't that bad. A little drama, some action (not awful, but definitely nothing great), and introducing Sophia + Wrath a little.
But when put in contrast to enjoying Kumoko fighting for a sliver of her life every second she is on-screen, Shun and Co feels more like a hassle then fun.

Maybe there's a huge payoff further along story-wise, but seeing how it has hurt the pacing so much I just can't see it being worth it. They should've done the anime mainly with Kumoko and glimpses of Shun. Expand the lore with a season/side-story focused on Shun and Co. Then continue again with them intertwining.
Jun 18, 2021 2:33 PM

Aug 2008
WN reader here.

Obviously not going to drop spoilers, just to say that I fully agree with people who are dissatisfied with the adaptation and the way the human side of the story was executed (not the ones who dislike the human side, full stop; that's a major part of the story and it gets very satisfying when the timelines converge).

It really makes little sense that they spent all these episodes stretching out the battle between Shun and Hugo, especially when they struggled to animate any of it with a minimum level of decency, only to cramp 2-3 episodes worth of story into the last episode, before the overall story takes a natural turn and we get a "conclusion" to Kumoko's arc.

And yes, don't get me started on how the FOREST of the elf village turned into a desert...

It's a real shame because the WN/LN is absolutely brilliant, and I really hope to see a (proper) adaptation of Sophia's and Wrath's stories some day.
Jun 18, 2021 2:35 PM
Jun 2021
EsQueue said:
Episode a solid 2 of 5. I don't read manga but something feels off about this series. The pacing can go from great to episodes like this that feel like or worse than fillers. I ended up fast forwarding through most of the episode. I find myself really hating the human aspect of this anime. Only time it is fun is when the spider is on screen IMO.

Well, everything that is not Kumoko POV is considered as filler in the manga. Why ? Because the manga skip everything that is not Kumoko POV and that's the main problem of the manga : there's no story, no worldbuilding, no characters introduction.

If you want a "fun" """""story""""" about a grinding spider, read the manga. If you want a story to follow, read the LN. Besides that, storywise, anime is not bad at all. They had to cut many things (specially human contents) but as far I can tell, they were able to avoid plotholes with their cuts. Slime Tensei (who's a better anime in many points) has many plotholes in its anime.
Jun 18, 2021 2:36 PM
Mar 2021
Kvakond said:
WN reader here.

Obviously not going to drop spoilers, just to say that I fully agree with people who are dissatisfied with the adaptation and the way the human side of the story was executed (not the ones who dislike the human side, full stop; that's a major part of the story and it gets very satisfying when the timelines converge).

It really makes little sense that they spent all these episodes stretching out the battle between Shun and Hugo, especially when they struggled to animate any of it with a minimum level of decency, only to cramp 2-3 episodes worth of story into the last episode, before the overall story takes a natural turn and we get a "conclusion" to Kumoko's arc.

And yes, don't get me started on how the FOREST of the elf village turned into a desert...

It's a real shame because the WN/LN is absolutely brilliant, and I really hope to see a (proper) adaptation of Sophia's and Wrath's stories some day.
get better studio first before animate that. XD
Jun 18, 2021 2:37 PM

Jul 2009
As a standalone episode, this episode did a great job.
Jun 18, 2021 2:40 PM
Aug 2013
Again no Kumo :(
Not sure if I like how these two parts are being brought together.
Also the whole hero, good vs bad, texty stuff is a bit too boring shounen bs.
I really hope we get the spider back, but the season is about over already :(
Jun 18, 2021 2:46 PM
Mar 2021
groudonvert said:

Well, everything that is not Kumoko POV is considered as filler in the manga. Why ? Because the manga skip everything that is not Kumoko POV and that's the main problem of the manga : there's no story, no worldbuilding, no characters introduction.

If you want a "fun" """""story""""" about a grinding spider, read the manga. If you want a story to follow, read the LN. Besides that, storywise, anime is not bad at all. They had to cut many things (specially human contents) but as far I can tell, they were able to avoid plotholes with their cuts. Slime Tensei (who's a better anime in many points) has many plotholes in its anime.
Seems like most people here as Shounen watcher/enjoyer. They focuss on MC perspective only (in Over Powered fight scenes) and they don't really care about others perspective. They are just ignorance for story itself. XD
Jun 18, 2021 2:48 PM
Jul 2016
groudonvert said:
EsQueue said:

"Storyline is not bad as all" is what you believe. This series started out decent but this episode has just gone to hell. Shun is not a very likeable protagonist and the antagonist that fought throughout this episode are boring too. I say I only enjoy the spider as it is the only part of the story I feel done right. Why are they afraid to kill that red haired guy? Why is did Shun yell at the end when they try to kill the people that are attacking him. They could have introduced the human aspect of this story but they should have made it entertaining. Clearly by the opinions of many here, I am not the only one that don't find it entertaining.

I'll do not read manga as I said in my opening first comment and I don't real Light Novels. If the anime gets unwatchable, I'll simply stop watching it. I'll probably post my opinion in the relevant episode as that's the purpose of these forums. Manga readers tend to be more critical in catching plot holes in anime. I really enjoy the Slime anime and have no complaints.
Jun 18, 2021 2:52 PM

Jan 2013
groudonvert said:
I don't know, the manga is a Seinen, do you think Kumoko's part is a mature show ?

I don't care about the animation, they did what they did but thanks to them I discovered a great story. Much greater than you think it is.

Of course, it is shounen. Didn't you noticed 13+ rating.
Unless you argue that shounen is a genre and not an age category.
If you claimed that shounen is actually a genre, then I would have a harder time classifying it with protagonist being female and spider, but ... that point is moot now, it's not her show anymore.
Jun 18, 2021 2:52 PM
Aug 2018
Shimura27 said:
groudonvert said:

Seems like most people here as Shounen watcher/enjoyer. They focuss on MC perspective only (in Over Powered fight scenes) and they don't really care about others perspective. They are just ignorance for story itself. XD
well isnt most isekai anime main characters OP? i think thats what pulls people to watch isekai.
Jun 18, 2021 2:56 PM
Jul 2016
Shimura27 said:
groudonvert said:

Many of us just watch it for enjoyment. What's the point in trying to follow a storyline when we feel that they are doing a bad job with it. I felt that this episode was extremely boring.
Jun 18, 2021 3:01 PM
Mar 2021
EsQueue said:
groudonvert said:

"Storyline is not bad as all" is what you believe. This series started out decent but this episode has just gone to hell. Shun is not a very likeable protagonist and the antagonist that fought throughout this episode are boring too. I say I only enjoy the spider as it is the only part of the story I feel done right. Why are they afraid to kill that red haired guy? Why is did Shun yell at the end when they try to kill the people that are attacking him. They could have introduced the human aspect of this story but they should have made it entertaining. Clearly by the opinions of many here, I am not the only one that don't find it entertaining.

I'll do not read manga as I said in my opening first comment and I don't real Light Novels. If the anime gets unwatchable, I'll simply stop watching it. I'll probably post my opinion in the relevant episode as that's the purpose of these forums. Manga readers tend to be more critical in catching plot holes in anime. I really enjoy the Slime anime and have no complaints.
hey you forget what'a entertaining in this episode.
1. Friendship Power doesn't work here.
2. Elf can summon some mechas.
3. Reveal Shun best friend that he's Wrath on Demon Side. Also how stronger Sophia and how weaker Hero and his party in the end.
Jun 18, 2021 3:05 PM
Jun 2021
EsQueue said:
groudonvert said:

A likeable character ? Who said Shun had to be a likeable character ? It's not there for that. It's here for an other POV on the world. He's here to introduce new characters, telling you where Kumoko's story will go, adding worldbuilding. Kumoko side lacks of all this stuff until near the end of LN5. Kumoko's story really begins after the end of the prolepsis. That's why Shun exists, not for Shonen stuff that even I don't care.

Kumoko main point until now was the comedy and grinding stuff. Both are well done, but when the true story begins, comedy and mostly grinding stuff becomes much less relevant (there's still comedy of course, but much less than before).

And manga readers should be more carefull about their own plotholes, because in Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka, there are MANY plotholes in the manga. It's clearly impossible to say if the manga will continue to follow the main Source (the Light Novel). When your spinoff is better than the real manga adaptation, you know there's a problem.

And you're right about Slime Tensei, I like it too. But the story of Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka is better in my humble opinion.
Jun 18, 2021 3:07 PM
Jul 2016
Shimura27 said:
3. Reveal Shun best friend that he's Wrath on Demon Side. Also how stronger Sophia and how weaker Hero and his party in the end.

Please be aware than everything on this comments are opinions. The things that you listed are some of the reasons why I despised this episode.

1. This fight went on WAY too long and was extremely boring.
2. WTF was my reaction to random mech dropping from the sky.
3. I was already out by that point. Lost any interest on what was happening.

You made it clear that you enjoy the episode and I hope you understand why I hated it.
Jun 18, 2021 3:07 PM
Mar 2021
XxMrFiresxX said:
Shimura27 said:
well isnt most isekai anime main characters OP? i think thats what pulls people to watch isekai.
That was boring part for me, but not for Shounen watcher/enjoyer as well. I thought Kumoko just a Tenshura copycat but i regret it after watch Shun. Somehow different POV just remind me about Higurashi. XD
Jun 18, 2021 3:11 PM

Jan 2013
Shimura27 said:

Shun isn't dead. His harem isn't dead. Smug LN readers hype how cool he is, which means he isn't going to die in the future either.
Mechas are a testament to bad worldbuilding where everything is a "mystery" and thus it is entirely random what will happen next. Being utterly random isn't a "mystery"

Jun 18, 2021 3:13 PM
Jul 2016
groudonvert said:

A likeable character ? Who said Shun had to be a likeable character ? It's not there for that. It's here for an other POV on the world. He's here to introduce new characters, telling you where Kumoko's story will go, adding worldbuilding. Kumoko side lacks of all this stuff until near the end of LN5. Kumoko's story really begins after the end of the prolepsis. That's why Shun exists, not for Shonen stuff that even I don't care.

Kumoko main point until now was the comedy and grinding stuff. Both are well done, but when the true story begins, comedy and mostly grinding stuff becomes much less relevant (there's still comedy of course, but much less than before).

And manga readers should be more carefull about their own plotholes, because in Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka, there are MANY plotholes in the manga. It's clearly impossible to say if the manga will continue to follow the main Source (the Light Novel). When your spinoff is better than the real manga adaptation, you know there's a problem.

And you're right about Slime Tensei, I like it too. But the story of Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka is better in my humble opinion.

Understood. Yeah, I have a hard time watching something when I don't like any of the characters on the screen whether good or bad. It's just a preference thing. I quickly lose interest and that's my main reason for hating this episode. I'll continue with the series though as long as I am able.

Take care as I am going to work on my failing HD. 😑
Jun 18, 2021 3:13 PM
Jun 2021
beast_regards said:
Of course, it is shounen. Didn't you noticed 13+ rating.
Unless you argue that shounen is a genre and not an age category.
If you claimed that shounen is actually a genre, then I would have a harder time classifying it with protagonist being female and spider, but ... that point is moot now, it's not her show anymore.

No I didn't. I only notice everywhere I looked that it was a Seinen.

XxMrFiresxX said:

As much as I like battles, I don't really watch/read this Isekai for its battles and for how OP the protagonist is. And funny thing, my favorite battle of Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka is with an overpowered oponent against who every characters can't do something to stop it.

EsQueue said:
Many of us just watch it for enjoyment. What's the point in trying to follow a storyline when we feel that they are doing a bad job with it. I felt that this episode was extremely boring.

You're right about a point : anime didn't do a great job in adapting the LN (in many aspects). So it's normal to find Shun story boring, but I do not.
Jun 18, 2021 3:16 PM

Jul 2014
I can't really take these past couple of episodes seriously lol. CGI has been getting worse. Lines are way to cringey. One more epsidoe I guess
Jun 18, 2021 3:18 PM

Nov 2016
These dumb human have ruined a show that should be only for my spider, it's always the same the male leads are the worst 😡😡😡
Jun 18, 2021 3:19 PM
Jun 2021
beast_regards said:
Shimura27 said:

Shun isn't dead. His harem isn't dead. Smug LN readers hype how cool he is, which means he isn't going to die in the future either.
Mechas are a testament to bad worldbuilding where everything is a "mystery" and thus it is entirely random what will happen next. Being utterly random isn't a "mystery"

Here we go again with your Harem. That's my own mystery with you xD

Joke aside, I would want to know in the LN Readers (and WN readers) who find Shun cool ? I don't read the Web Novel, but what I heard about him, the WN hates him even more than Anime only, but recognizes how useful he is for the story.

About mecha, can we talk about the smartphone used by D ? Even Güliedistodiez is not surprised to see that. And your assumption about random robot stuff probably comes that you thought it was a fantasy world. And guess what ? It's not a fantasy world and never were.
Jun 18, 2021 3:26 PM

Jan 2013
groudonvert said:
About mecha, can we talk about the smartphone used by D ? Even Güliedistodiez is not surprised to see that. And your assumption about random robot stuff probably comes that you thought it was a fantasy world. And guess what ? It's not a fantasy world and never were.

Of course, it is not fantasy. Who knows what may happen next.
Did you watch the anime about the spider? You thought Kumuko is protagonist?
GOTCHA! It' not about Spider, it's about a generic harem protagonist.
The power of friendship doesn't work?
GOTCHA! Shun is unkillable and is constantly praised as the main story.
You thought it is a fantasy?
GOTHA! It now has mecha.
See. It's a MYSTERY! *roll eyes*
Jun 18, 2021 3:39 PM
Jun 2021
beast_regards said:

Of course, it is not fantasy. Who knows what may happen next.
Did you watch the anime about the spider? You thought Kumuko is protagonist?
GOTCHA! It' not about Spider, it's about a generic harem protagonist.
The power of friendship doesn't work?
GOTCHA! Shun is unkillable and is constantly praised as the main story.
You thought it is a fantasy?
GOTHA! It now has mecha.
See. It's a MYSTERY! *roll eyes*

Did you watch The Lord of the Ring ? Why Sauron never appears in the main story ? I wanted to see The Lord of the Ring.

Well if Kumoko was the only protagonist, you wouldn't know where the story will go. And everything new would go out of nowhere and you'll roll your eyes everytime you see it.

And the mecha stuff was foreshadowed multiple times before (by D for the most part, but she's not the only character that did that).
Jun 18, 2021 3:44 PM

Mar 2015
Kumo is literally the reason why I'm watching and she's been gone for the most part already, the political intrigue was fine but I literally don't give a f about the other chars, and the CGI I feel like is getting even worst.

Do they plan on killing this series or something? I feel like it's really a good story but what the hell is the studio doing rn.
Jun 18, 2021 3:48 PM

Oct 2015
This episode was a real snooze for me and i don't know why. I kept checking to how much time there was left in the episode and i haven't been that way with the rest of the episodes. Again the quality is noticably different and everything is just all super confusing. The spider wasn't in it either. If i have to be honest i really don't care about the rest of the other carnations either. I just really don't like them as characters. To see them get a whole episode. Man. One episode left though. Hoping something end up making sense and we get a good conlusion because we are really in the midst of things.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Jun 18, 2021 3:59 PM

May 2015
hug said:
Kumo is literally the reason why I'm watching and she's been gone for the most part already, the political intrigue was fine but I literally don't give a f about the other chars, and the CGI I feel like is getting even worst.

Do they plan on killing this series or something? I feel like it's really a good story but what the hell is the studio doing rn.

Aside from the terrible animation the studio is doing a pretty decent job of following the source material (the Ln). There are 14 volumes as of now and guess what?
There's alot more going on in this series than just a spider leveling up
Jun 18, 2021 4:02 PM

Jul 2009
Maruseru93 said:
Inugirlz said:
I was rooting for Sophia.

Shun's group is cringe.
sophia and wrath are more cringy losers in the old world and reborn as craty powerfull monster edgelords in new world acting all high and mighty and looking down on the other reincarnations so cocky

There's no need for me to argue with you. I'm confident and comfortable in my opinion that Shun & Co. are annoying, unlikeable, far too ignorant and yes, I said it CRINGE. But you're entitled to your opinion.

I won't deny that Sophia's attitude was unbecoming as well tho. But I know who is worse.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

370 by Youtube_Zero »»
May 9, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

138 by LunaInkChan »»
Apr 26, 11:17 PM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.