Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 10, 2021 10:11 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Well since its probably not appropriate to post on anime discussion, as Invincible is a western TV show, I decided to post a discussion thread here.

I personally find the atmosphere pretty engaging, the humor is alright, maybe a bit to woke for me but its amusing enough, I really love the animation and ultra violent combat scenes.

What are your thoughts on it? Do you like it?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 2, 2021 1:37 AM

Oct 2010
Rapeman is probably better than this
May 2, 2021 1:39 AM

Aug 2019
you lost all credibility the second you tried to claim your opinion as facts, and like the user above me said I’ll take Rapeman any day over it
May 2, 2021 1:41 AM

Sep 2020
Catalano said:
I guess you have never explore other media except anime , I don't want to be harsh but it's seem you haven't even watched it and gave this type of shitty reply , I would like you to come out of the anime zone for a while and at least watch the first episode
May 2, 2021 1:43 AM

Aug 2020
Catalano said:
The hell is Rapeman? i hope its a joke...
May 2, 2021 1:45 AM
Jul 2018
i wouldnt really say mha is a good example since its a pretty bad anime tbh, wouldnt choose it to represent anime as a whole, generalising is just bad in essence, theres no need to do it
Zean_9435 said:
Catalano said:
I guess you have never explore other media except anime , I don't want to be harsh but it's seem you haven't even watched it and gave this type of shitty reply , I would like you to come out of the anime zone for a while and at least watch the first episode
i think he was making a joke but...
May 2, 2021 1:47 AM

Jan 2013
I mean if we're talking dark horses I know y'all slept on Hugtto! PreCure, the real outlier in established franchises.

I know, not an Aikatsu! plug for once. I'm just as surprised.
May 2, 2021 1:53 AM
Jun 2020
alrighty then
- engineer tf2 gaming
Nissan 350Z
May 2, 2021 1:54 AM
May 2, 2021 2:02 AM

Aug 2020
............!!!!!!!! why god oh why, its probably a hentai right????
May 2, 2021 2:05 AM

Jun 2015
FateMadMan said:
............!!!!!!!! why god oh why, its probably a hentai right????

More like a dark comedy than a hentai, but yeah.
May 2, 2021 2:12 AM

Jun 2017
American animation? Lol....

The only American animation I would be willing to watch is South Park, couldn't give less of a shit about anything else that America produces
May 2, 2021 2:15 AM

Oct 2015
Catalano said:

As expected of the guy I've seen lauding Redo of Healer...
May 2, 2021 2:18 AM

Aug 2020
spaesu said:
i wouldnt really say mha is a good example since its a pretty bad anime tbh, wouldnt choose it to represent anime as a whole, generalising is just bad in essence, theres no need to do it
Zean_9435 said:
Bruh you think MHA is bad, it is generic in the right step but i guess opinions are made out of opinions
May 2, 2021 2:22 AM

Sep 2020
invincible? did you mean stands? gold experience? crazy diamond?(jk)
May 2, 2021 2:28 AM

Sep 2014
Don't mind me. I'm waiting for the day until it receives an anime adaptation.
May 2, 2021 2:30 AM

Sep 2020
Katou81 said:

The only American animation I would be willing to watch is South Park, couldn't give less of a shit about anything else that America produces
I didn't want your thought about Amarican Animation , I am also not interested in American Animation but I am interested in invensible , so I made this thread , if you haven't watched it don't watch it
ZXEANMay 2, 2021 2:35 AM
May 2, 2021 2:37 AM

Mar 2019
Well, okay but why posting this thread on Anime Discussion forum?

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
May 2, 2021 2:39 AM

Feb 2020
I watch MHA because i like it.

I already know American can make superhero series. Most superhero series comes from american...lol

Is it u first time seeing a american superhero show? (yeah, not talking about live action, they pump out many many animated shows too)
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

May 2, 2021 2:52 AM

Apr 2021

Holy cow!

Your relpy was more interesting then op's point of discussion 😤

Fall 2022 is the most Unforgettable anime season of all time

May 2, 2021 3:42 AM

May 2018
So you take some characters and plots from DC and Marvel, give them a fresh coat of paint to evade copyright infringement, make it extremely edgy, brutal and hypocritical, call it satire...and you expect people to accept it as the next Watchmen?
Naaah.

About the cartoon - blandly animated and the VAs are acting like they are held at gunpoint.

"Why the hack you all are watching MHA go watch IVINCIBLE"

But I have watched more episodes from Invincible than from MHA...and both are not my cup of tea.
May 2, 2021 3:57 AM
Jun 2015
Katou81 said:

Clearly you haven't watched The last Airbender then
May 2, 2021 6:14 AM

Feb 2016
I heard about this series. It looks less like MHA, and more like Devilman.
その目だれの目?
May 2, 2021 6:56 AM

Aug 2020
lmao these Japanese surprise me every day more XD
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
May 2, 2021 7:30 AM

Jan 2021
I watched MHA because I wanted to watch it. Should I explain more?
May 2, 2021 7:37 AM

Oct 2018
The best superhero tv series/movie still is a superhero tv series/movie
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
May 2, 2021 7:46 AM
Apr 2021
What is an invincible?

Where am I?...
May 2, 2021 7:55 AM

Oct 2019
Phosphophyllita said:

lol

Yeah I've seen the trailer OP, animation looked good in some parts. Probably will never watch it =p
May 2, 2021 8:45 AM

Sep 2020
AcbSnakeDemon said:
Phosphophyllita said:

lol

Yeah I've seen the trailer OP, animation looked good in some parts. Probably will never watch it =p
Don't expect high quality animation but the story is really good by the way the action sequence are very well animated , you may fell I am exaggerating by saying so many good things about this show but once you finish all the 8 episode you will understand that I was not wrong ,

This is easily my top 10 tv series , might be even top 5 , behind Braking Bad , Attack on Titan , Death note and Dark
May 2, 2021 12:16 PM

Jan 2020
I would take my hero academia over western shows

May 3, 2021 2:49 AM

Aug 2020
saw youtube clips of blood and violence gave it a shot, good stuff

i prefer anime to western shows but this might actually be a good one

shane_nichols said:
Katou81 said:

Wasn't that made in korea? no hate just saying

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMay 3, 2021 3:40 PM
May 3, 2021 3:13 AM

Dec 2020
spaesu said:
Zean_9435 said:
plz man stop making hate on mha if you didn't like it's ok but just tell him what is your opinion on invincible.

For your Information:

May 3, 2021 3:18 AM
Aug 2016
Interesting..
How does it compare to The Spectacular Spider-man and Wolverine and the X-Men? If it's not at least comparable to these two then I'm not bothering.
May 3, 2021 3:19 AM

Jul 2020
FateMadMan said:
shane_nichols said:

No,it's obviously an American cartoon.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 3, 2021 3:27 AM

Aug 2020
Scordolo said:
FateMadMan said:

I meant the animation studios were korean

May 3, 2021 3:48 AM
Apr 2021
FateMadMan said:
Catalano said:
The hell is Rapeman? i hope its a joke...

You should definitely watch it. It's a classic, along with Boku no Pico and Bible Black.
May 3, 2021 4:03 AM

Jul 2020
FateMadMan said:
Scordolo said:

I don't really know about that lol..I still think it is made by American studios when it is produced by Nickelodean.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 3, 2021 4:38 AM

Jun 2010
After I saw this thread, I went to check it out.

It seems like an interesting show. No wonder you mentioned MHA.
May 3, 2021 3:42 PM

May 2009
Thread moved from Casual Discussion.

Posts #2 to #41 merged from a dupe thread.
May 3, 2021 8:15 PM

Jul 2011
Scordolo said:
FateMadMan said:

I don't really know about that lol..I still think it is made by American studios when it is produced by Nickelodean.

The studio that produced the animation for the show is Korean, yes but the writing, voice acting and everything else is done in America. Most American cartoons are animated in Korea (older toons were animated in Japan too).

While I'm not interested in Invincible, I'm disgusted at the bias some users here are showing against American cartoons.
May 3, 2021 8:21 PM

Jul 2020
Robotdick said:
Scordolo said:

The studio that produced the animation for the show is Korean, yes but the writing, voice acting and everything else is done in America. Most American cartoons are animated in Korea (older toons were animated in Japan too).

While I'm not interested in Invincible, I'm disgusted at the bias some users here are showing against American cartoons.

Yeah lol.I couldn't expect more from an anime site.
But OP is promoting Invincible just to trash On Mha so,...

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 3, 2021 8:45 PM

Jul 2020
ACasualViewer said:
Scordolo said:

Please tell me where I trashed on MHA? You seem to lack any semblance of reading comprehension.

Not you.The guy below your original post.I didn't knew the thread was merged.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 4, 2021 4:46 PM

Aug 2020
Scordolo said:
FateMadMan said:

no i was correct, i've checked it just type ATLAB animation studio and you will find the animation was mostly done by Korean Studio like JM animations, MOI animation and others
May 4, 2021 4:51 PM

Aug 2020
Robotdick said:
Scordolo said:

You are talking about me or? but anyways i still watched ATLAB and it was okay... and plus i cleared that i meant it was the animation studio not the story and i guess i read it as American animation only not the entire thing
May 6, 2021 9:18 AM

Jun 2016
the show was good, it doesnt have insane animation, but character writing is good and it has lots of blood which is what ppl like. easy 8/10

just imagine if Mapp or WIT animated it tho
May 6, 2021 9:26 AM

Sep 2020
IcyGlacier said:
the show was good, it doesnt have insane animation, but character writing is good and it has lots of blood which is what ppl like. easy 8/10

just imagine if Mapp or WIT animated it tho
yaa animation was bad in my opinion , but the story was really captivating , especially the last episode which was insane ... ,

Man if MAPPA or wit have done this , I can't even imagine how good this would have been ,
May 6, 2021 11:40 AM

Feb 2017
i am not a regular in western media but this show is actually pretty good so far (ep 8).

im literally quitting being a seasonal anime watcher because most of recent anime suck and cant hold my interest (such as rezero s2p2 that i cannot finished up because it is terrible and boring), but i can binge this shit up and made my day.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
May 6, 2021 12:03 PM

Apr 2015
One youtuber I follow uploaded review of the show and praising it. I managed to avoided any spoilers and decided to check it out. Violent fights hooked me in. Maybe I'll buy the comics.

I think characters are pretty interesting and subplots also seem promising. Animation isn't something to awe at, but imo it's average. Art style, character designs and such I think are more lacking.
May 6, 2021 12:34 PM

Sep 2020
Scordolo said:
Robotdick said:

Nani!!, I don't see anyone trashing on MHA are you day dreaming , sheeeeesh!!!😬
May 6, 2021 12:39 PM

Jul 2020
Zean_9435 said:
Scordolo said:

Nani!!, I don't see anyone trashing on MHA are you day dreaming , sheeeeesh!!!😬

Sure man.No one's trash talking mha when you basically deleted your original post.
spaesu said:

This guy was originally quoting to YOU because you were trash taking Mha while praising Invincible.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kendrick Lamar vs Drake... who's winning?

GoatPieceLuffy - 52 minutes ago

3 by mokkocchi »»
23 minutes ago

» Favorite childhood books?

56709 - Dec 11, 2023

25 by JKKH »»
3 hours ago

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4827 by JKKH »»
3 hours ago

» J Cole vs Kendrick Lamar

Cammell - Apr 5

34 by Dumb »»
4 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7630 by Astachanna »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.