Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 8, 2008 1:45 PM

Dec 2007
Dropped it after 9 minutes. That was almost as bad as Dragonaut. Gonzo seriously need to take CG lessons from Production I.G.

Anyway, all I saw were motorcycles and boobs. Not something I can stand without a plot backing it up.
Apr 8, 2008 2:22 PM

Jun 2007
In the first part of it I was laughing because of that cyber mutated woman that rand around killing those bikers.
In the second part we got some story and gave the show at least some potential.
In the end it got quite predictable that the old man was going to come and kill that cyber junk.

Well at least something I will watch some more episodes of. :)
Apr 8, 2008 3:15 PM

Jun 2007
CG is pretty bad... I dunno if i'm gonna keep watching it. I shall wait and see after 3 episodes or something.
Reminds me of Ergo Proxy somehow with the crazy machine-ish berserk things . _.

Apr 8, 2008 4:00 PM

Feb 2008
it was ok, not gonna form an opinion till i see some more storydevelopment, although the cg is not that good and motorcycles arnt really my thing.
Apr 8, 2008 4:45 PM

Jul 2007
That was kinda lame.
The characters aren't that interesting for now, the 3D animation is horrible (reminds me of dragonaut) and the story doesn't seem that great.

I'll give it a few more episodes, but i'll probably end up dropping it.
Apr 8, 2008 5:39 PM

Dec 2007
way to slow paced if the next few episode r like this then im gonna drop it
Apr 8, 2008 6:26 PM

Jan 2008
Leninha said:
Dropped it after 9 minutes. That was almost as bad as Dragonaut. Gonzo seriously need to take CG lessons from Production I.G.

Amen! That was choppy as hell. I found no complian on premis or story, but the 90's computer game graphics screamed "We skimped on the budget"
Apr 8, 2008 10:15 PM
Jun 2007
Man I got really talkative and angry earlier. Geez. Facepalming at myself. Just ignore my later comments where I become totally negative.

Apr 9, 2008 1:38 AM

Apr 2007
liked it but not that great, walking on a thin line between continuing watching it and dropping it =/
MasterChiefApr 9, 2008 4:17 AM
Apr 9, 2008 7:03 AM

Feb 2008
I thought this series seem cool :P
Apr 12, 2008 8:10 AM

Feb 2008
hmm at first glance this seems kinda stupid. so far nothing flows. although i thought him taking the pill was sort of realistic. when youre down in the dumps you usually take the first rope you see.

the animation not that great and the CG is rather rough. might wanna watch a few to see if its worth watching.
Apr 12, 2008 8:07 PM

Nov 2006
WOW. Motorcycles. God damn do I hate motorcycles.
Sorry Amanda, your hotness is not enough to keep me from dropping this.
Apr 12, 2008 11:51 PM

Nov 2007
yea it was just making an ok episode. nothing to really have me pumped to watch the next one.
Apr 13, 2008 6:10 AM
Apr 2008
I think the short action scene at the end was good, perhaps that's because the CG only looks like shit in still standing scenes.

If we get more action in the next episodes I will consider not to drop it.
Apr 14, 2008 1:56 PM

Dec 2007
gc said:
You people bitch far too much

Agreed. I have no opinion on this anime yet, save that I hope they tone down the bikes. Bikes are only cool in Kamen Rider or when they transform into other stuff. And merging with psuedo-zombies doesn't count.

Still. Slow connection + much better shows to watch than this = On hold for now. Maybe I'll pester someone to get the series for me later after its done.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Apr 14, 2008 7:03 PM

Jul 2007
AnimusNathan said:
Rainulf said:
eh? I think it was pretty good. I'm not going to criticize, since the story's still developing, so we'll see. Animation's really good, and so is the CG. Anyway, I think it was an awesome episode. I look forward for more.

What are you talking about? The CGI is horrible and guessing by how the shading is on the characters they're CGI too. It's horrible. Why do people always say this about everything? "looks really good" etc. when it looks like total shit. Do you have no standards whatsoever?

Sorry it's just that when people praise something like this(especially the worst aspect) it allows studios like LOL GONZO to continue making crap.

SamuraiTom said:
The whole motorcycle riding stuff doesn't click with me. The demoniac fusing with a motorcycle reminds me of that futuristic PS2 racing game, wish I can remember the name.
The demoniac look pretty sweet although I also don't like the term, demoniac.

Oh yeah! I remember the name of the game now, it's Kinetica. Yeah, Kinetica..

I also don't like Gerd. Overall, I think it was a nice first episode.

Yea I feel like I'm watching a kids show(and yes I realize most anime is aimed at kids, but I mean this feels like its aimed at 5 year olds) where a kid would say "COOL BIKES!" and "COOL CARS!" and crap. I get the same feeling when there are too many damn dragons in an anime(lol dragonauts, aliens look like dragons.)

The only thing I liked about this was the Pink haired girl because she was hot. Thats not good.

agreed with this and fayli's comments mostly
Apr 14, 2008 10:39 PM

Jun 2007
why do the Japanese insist on using CGI for anime lol. It makes the shows so horrible. Aside from that this series seems interesting. Since it's only the first ep we barely learned anything which made this suck. I'm hopping the next ep or the ep after they will explain some stuff.
Apr 16, 2008 3:29 AM

Oct 2007
I think that it is ignorant for people who hate/dislike something, yet try it anyway, and then complain. If you hate gonzo or CGI, why even try the show? I hate tomatoes, and I know this. So whether a menu hasd boiled tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, fried green tomatoes, or any other variety, I already know that I will not blike them, so I'm not stupid enough to order any. I just watched the first and second ep back to back, and I rather enjoy the series so far. I also watched the mkv's instaed of streaming because I don't do streaming. I'm not a fan of all CGI anime, but It doesn't bother me. I actually like the motorcycle action, as I like racing themed anime. So far this show is pretty cool by me, but then again,. i liked Dragonaut for the most part.
Apr 16, 2008 5:48 AM

Dec 2007
lifeordeath2 said:
I think that it is ignorant for people who hate/dislike something, yet try it anyway, and then complain. If you hate gonzo or CGI, why even try the show? I hate tomatoes, and I know this. So whether a menu hasd boiled tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, fried green tomatoes, or any other variety, I already know that I will not blike them, so I'm not stupid enough to order any.

I actually disagree, an ignorant act would be to never watch a show with CGI or eat tomatoes in your case. Either one could actually turn out to be good if served up right. So even though people hate the CGI used in this show (I actually don't mind it at all) they tried to watch it in hopes that the other aspects of the show made up for their dislike for the animation style. That is far from ignorant and actually very open minded.
Apr 16, 2008 6:47 AM

Sep 2007
Fayli said:
This is really bad, worse than Dragonaut and i didn't think that was possible. I'm dropping it and i never usually drop anime, epecially not after one episode.

I didn't like the show either, but definitely not worse than Dragonaut. Nothing is worse than Dragonaut.

On the anime:
I've nothing against GONZO like most people here seem to be, although I think it's pretty biased to blatantly judge an anime to suck instantly, because XYZ made it. It's practically nonsense.

However, from here, I have watched the first episode and I will say that it did sucked. The racing thing isn't anywhere near to getting me hooked. The animation, although supposed to be "cutting-edge" was weird. Really weird. The story doesn't pose as much substance either despite the promising plot summary.
Apr 16, 2008 10:36 AM

Mar 2008
Well, I was prepared for the worst, but it was "ok".

I am from Germany, the country where the story takes part and it's always funny how jap. ppl imagine country and ppl.
Though the uniform of the regular police was pretty much the real thing.

There is a german F-1 pilot called Heinz-Harald Frentzen, so maybe there is some connection, too.

Anyway I have seen worse shows. Let's try out ep 2 ...
Apr 16, 2008 11:32 AM

Mar 2008
Well ep 1 was ok. The story seems intriguing at least and I like the anime style (I'm a GONZO sucker, go figure), but I think there's too much CGI, lame CGI. Guess I had my hopes too high up.

Anyway, it was just the first episode. It will probably get better. ^^
Apr 18, 2008 9:38 PM
Jun 2007
kathy said:

On the anime:
I've nothing against GONZO like most people here seem to be, although I think it's pretty biased to blatantly judge an anime to suck instantly, because XYZ made it. It's practically nonsense.

It's mostly track record. And opinion too, of course. For instance I see nothing wrong with GAINAX except with how they milk NGE(and possibly TTGL soon) but the LOL GONZO comes from LOL GAINAX. Anyways, GONZO just tends to screw things up. Not that all their productions are inherently "bad" necessarily, just that they screw things up.

Apr 27, 2008 10:59 PM

Sep 2007
The story looks so good and some characters looks interesting. I'll continue this!

And I like so much Gonzo (they fail with RxV but another shows are pretty good) and all that speech about "they ever fail with the anime shows in middle or end" its just an opinion not the Supreme Truth xD. For example in my opinion about the anime quality, MADHOUSE is worse than Gonzo :

-Death Note (Plot Treatment and Ending is crap compared to manga)
-Tenjou Tenge (Plot Treatment and Ending is crap compared to manga)
-Claymore (Ending is crap compared to manga)
-Gunslinger Girl (Ending is crap compared to manga and plot is sooo slow)
-Ichigo 100% (100% crap compared to manga xD)

Then the fail in RxV and Gantz is not too much against all that crap of Madhouse and still talking about Gonzo, Saikano and Chrno Crusade are adapted from a manga and both are amazing.

See my point? Very people wil be disagree with me and that is perfect because this is my opinion. Any opinion in a forum are not the absolute truth =)

Because that i dont believe in LOL Gainax, LOL Gonzo or LOL [insert Studio Name here] even if its Madhouse. For example i'm actually watching Allison & Lillia and I'm enjoying so much and i hope that keep good until the end. I dont judge an Anime Studio if a couple of titles are not good for me because I know that any studio can improve in the next anime or even make a holy masterpiece xD

That's what i'm believe! Greets!!

See ya later!

Kouta~
Apr 28, 2008 9:00 AM

Mar 2008
hm well i'll keep following this series, it sparked my interest so i will see how the next episodes turn out.
dunno what thsese things you talk about lol, i'm not 'that' much into anime

anyways i know the quality of the episodes i watch is bad so i can't really grade the animation and artwork unless i get myself some nice HD version or something.

i do hope the story picks up, so far all good for me, no big failing yet

MAL list updates
Jun 9, 2008 7:01 AM

May 2008
ok so one guy looked like hei from darker than black and then that weird doctor girl looked like the scientist from Code Geass. then there was some really bad cg animation and graphics. i really doubt i will continue watching past episode 5
May 24, 2009 11:37 AM

Apr 2009
Iriya said:
Eh. I didn't think it was THAT bad but:

-Gerd
-demoniac term
-CG was weird (although that might be because it was on cr and everything sucks there)
+Shizuka Itou
+sci-fi in general
+no gigantic boobs in sight

IN-DEED LOLZ
Jul 31, 2010 4:18 PM
Apr 2010
This reminds me of a show i use to watch on toon disney.
Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 5, 2010 1:17 PM

Mar 2010
there were some good cast of characters

I think i need that drug too XD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 12, 2011 4:43 PM

Dec 2008
Great first ep!!
Apr 30, 2011 3:26 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, I am impressed. This was a good episode.
And when I heard Sayaka Ohara, I screamed in joy. My favorite seiyuu has a role in this anime! <3

5/5
Jun 7, 2012 3:01 PM
Oct 2011
I don't know why a lot of people dislike this episode....This is my first time watching this series and I thought the episode was better than average.

I wonder what side effects that guy will start having now that he took that pill from that Green haired lady...

Also I can't wait to watch Shiki....i'm going to order that anime show off amazon.com tomorrow....

I know Shiki is even better than this show...can't wait to finish up both series!!!

This show shouldn't be taking the lord's name in vein though...that is wrong...
Jun 28, 2013 5:48 AM

May 2012
Very slow pace and a so so start, not sure what I must think of this just yet...
Jul 18, 2013 3:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Not too impressed by this first ep. The CG is terrible in particular and very distracting. The characters seem pretty stereotypical too.

I'll give a couple more eps. though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 8, 2013 12:07 AM

Jun 2011
Iriya said:
Like I said somewhere else, I don't care too much about which studio's making what. A show isn't bad until I see it become bad.

This. I don't know why people are judging an anime base on the studio. So far it's looking good, a solid build up, good art, decent animation, and I feel that the CG suits the situation. And most of all, it's just the beginning, it's only just the first episode, and people are saying that this is crap, like.. wtf?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 31, 2014 9:00 AM
Dec 2013
I liked this first episode. The CG is indeed very weird, but other than that, i like where this is going.
Aug 22, 2014 8:35 PM

Aug 2013
First thought was.. my eyes can't keep up with the messy CG.
The story isn't bad though I'm not sure what its about yet.. but very predictable for the first episode.
Some of the characters were cool.. I hope it gets better.
Feb 8, 2015 9:10 AM

Oct 2014
Sports isn't my cup of tea dropped
Oct 17, 2015 2:00 PM

Jan 2012
well that 3D animation really sucks

Jan 5, 2016 9:53 AM

Feb 2015
Not a bad episode.

For now, the story's interesting enough to continue watching but i'm not a fan of the CG but i'll get used to it.
Feb 23, 2016 5:11 PM
May 2011
i should have looked into this show a little more before starting to watch it.

the Synopsis made this sound so much better than it was.

i'm bias though, anything with this much cgi is an automatic -5 for me.

lol there's so little interest in this that it only has 1 page of threads in 7 years...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blassreiter Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuemauricebackup - Sep 27, 2008

80 by Inexplicable »»
Mar 28, 2023 12:29 PM

Poll: » Blassreiter Episode 5 Discussion

Monkey_D_Luffy - May 3, 2008

26 by skr_123 »»
Dec 19, 2022 9:21 AM

» Any differences between the Light novel and the anime?

kuik - Feb 15, 2022

0 by kuik »»
Feb 15, 2022 4:36 PM

Poll: » Blassreiter Episode 13 Discussion

Carp - Jul 5, 2008

26 by Avichii »»
Sep 17, 2020 5:57 AM

» Blu-Ray?

TheCrunchyUser - May 10, 2020

0 by TheCrunchyUser »»
May 10, 2020 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.