Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 12, 2020 1:00 PM
Oct 2019
Well if someone told me the world you living all this time is fake, of course i can't accept the truth.... Damn man reality is unfair, so i can understand the way natsume reacted to it...

Also, freaking Hugin always terrifying me everytime ....
Sep 12, 2020 11:10 PM

May 2018
this show will either end terribly, or wonderfully... I'm hoping its the latter..
Sep 13, 2020 1:48 PM

Apr 2018
Kaburagi exposes the truth to Natsume and Natsume hated him for that but realizes it and decides to destroy these "rules" that are in the system. with Kaburagi. That huge Gadoll at the end tho.
Sep 14, 2020 2:37 AM

Oct 2019
davidyodo24 said:
Well if someone told me the world you living all this time is fake, of course i can't accept the truth.... Damn man reality is unfair, so i can understand the way natsume reacted to it...

Also, freaking Hugin always terrifying me everytime ....

Hugin operates in constant god mode in both the game (when he hosts an avatar) and in "reality" (as a cyborg). I could understand the latter, since he appears to be the primary agent of the System and thus needs to exert control over the other cyborgs and the humans. The former though was quite surprising and the extent of his powers are overkill :
As an avatar he can both fly and move blazing fast without any equipment, and he is unaffected by the anti-gravity bubbles of the Gadolls (quite frankly I have no idea how & why that would work). That's a like a cheat on top of a cheat on top of another cheat in game terms..
Sep 14, 2020 1:26 PM

Mar 2020
Natsume scene was heartbreaking. That Gadoll elevator scene caught me off guard, not sure what that thing was. Animation looked like it got a upgrade.
Sep 14, 2020 7:33 PM
Jan 2020
I just binged like the last 6 episodes. I think this show is underrated by mal score. It surprised me with the revelation in ep 2 and dropped it, but has a decently written story of hero's journey + subversion against the system. Characters are nice and the show knows how to use the drama to create empathy without excess and develop them.

I mean, its not a groundbreaking story, but its pretty well done and better than like 90% of the animes that people loves and are shit. Feels good to watch something more classical, now that most of hollywood movies are shit, with characters without clear motivations or conflict or anything.
Sep 14, 2020 9:19 PM

Nov 2018
MegamiRem said:
Too many cliches, Natsume starts hating Kabu after learning the truth but calms down and everythings okay. Gosh this shit is so old.

Also I shouldn't have asked in last episode that what's gonna happen now that Gadolls are gone, ofc we get the other cliche that the villains are still alive even after destroying them.

Meh whatever, I really liked last few episodes but this episode was a let down.

man cliches are cliche for a reason, it's because they work. you have 12 episodes to tackle the theme of like... destroying all of capitalism ur not gonna be able to put 100% originality into every little thing, sometimes shortcuts in storytelling are useful. they get the point across.
Sep 14, 2020 9:52 PM

Oct 2017
chaznable said:
MegamiRem said:
Too many cliches, Natsume starts hating Kabu after learning the truth but calms down and everythings okay. Gosh this shit is so old.

Also I shouldn't have asked in last episode that what's gonna happen now that Gadolls are gone, ofc we get the other cliche that the villains are still alive even after destroying them.

Meh whatever, I really liked last few episodes but this episode was a let down.

man cliches are cliche for a reason, it's because they work. you have 12 episodes to tackle the theme of like... destroying all of capitalism ur not gonna be able to put 100% originality into every little thing, sometimes shortcuts in storytelling are useful. they get the point across.
Expected better from this anime. They still had three whole episodes left. This could have taken a better direction.
Sep 15, 2020 1:32 PM

Apr 2016
This one was a bit boring but the cliffhanger was a bit interesting, so let’s see the next one.
Sep 16, 2020 3:57 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm I wonder who was using his avatar, but yeah dat small little Gadoll That has grown up will hopefully destroy everything lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 4, 2020 5:15 AM

Nov 2016
Must be a shock for Natsume, but we all know Kaburagi is fine.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 19, 2020 12:51 AM

Aug 2017
Kinda funny that the little creature from episodes ago is the final boss lmao while Kaburagi's avatar is dead after this, rip. Not a fan of the low-key recap but nvm lol.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 31, 2020 8:43 AM

Jul 2015
Rip Kabu's avatar after all it went through, at least Natsume was sort of able to accept the truth after the mental breakdown. To think such a cute little Gadoll would turn into a giant monster, a lesson to be learned here: Never bully your bio-engineered creature that was created for the purpose to kill in a game...

Feb 3, 2021 8:23 PM
Jun 2020
Good episode and definitely one that defines Kaburagi and Natsume's relationship. The ending did leave me wondering what'll happen next.
Feb 6, 2021 12:40 AM

Oct 2010
great episode as always, the cyborgs even managed to escape the factory and went to a safe location. You could argue that one could build that place when they were on missions killing gadoll/playing the deca-dence game, then somehow became bugs and sent to the factory, I don't think it's a stretch. Maybe they had many safe places but were discovered and destroyed by the System.
I didn't expect Natsume to act like that but she got over it, I had chills when she talked with Kurenai, I thought for sure Kurenai or the buff woman who died but is alive was the bug hunter, glad it wasn't so, it would have been an awesome twist though.
Natsume and Kabu were discovered and we got that incredible cliffhanger. I don't understand how the giant gadoll came to be like that by eating avatars, let's find out.
Apr 13, 2021 4:27 PM

Mar 2016
Moral of the story: Don't abuse animals, lest they turn into a giant fucking Gadoll monster ready to eradicate your entire existence.

Tense, tense, tense!!! Why am I writing this instead of watching!???

Apr 22, 2021 10:51 PM

Dec 2013
I can't blame Natsume for taking the truth so badly at the beginning.

Of course there's a final boss fight...
Jul 26, 2021 11:12 AM
Jan 2018
Couldn’t help but think of alien lol
May 6, 2022 8:23 PM

Jul 2021
So many cliches in this episode like seeing Natsume being mad and seems calm after learning about Kabu's truth but at least Natsume came to some senses for a swift one.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 11, 2022 7:07 AM

Nov 2022
Man, Natsume was devastated. She was very honest to her feelings the moment she know the truth. Kabu dropped the bomb and he did not force Natsume to believe at first.

Kabu and Natsume's relationship are kinda dynamic. They both do not want the existence of the other but it's inevitable because they complimented each other by helping to develop being a fine character.

Right now, they are in the pinch. With that BIG ASS FINAL BOSS-LOOK LIKE Gadoll, how will they eradicate/defeat this one? Oxyone is one big factor, they cannot launch that BIGKNUCKLE and with all the Gadoll now are "extinct".
May 29, 2023 11:57 PM

Dec 2022
For some reason I thought that the cyborgs are small like toys. But turns out, it quite big. I mean Kabu is not super big like that other guy but still, he's not small.
Aug 14, 2023 6:41 PM
Aug 2023
NOOO! Kaburagi! my hatred for Hugen grows every episode. I hope that whole stupid spaceship gets blown to pieces and the system along with it. the way deadgirl reacted to the news and came to terms with it is impressive, and I am glad she didn't just go insane.
Feb 25, 10:03 AM

Jun 2011
The one character that hasn't done anything in the entire show decided to get mad at her benefactor even after he risked his life to tell her the truth. Natsume is so annoying. I get it, it was a shocking revelation, but it's not like Kaburagi ever did her wrong.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 26, 9:13 PM

Jul 2021
I feel bad for Natsume it must be hard for her. The end of the episode was crazy with Kaburagi getting his heart pierced.

Donatello gotta be my favourite character.

May 6, 6:10 AM

Nov 2019
That one gadoll that was bullied at the gadoll factory had the last laugh, it not only killed its captor/bully but now it evolved into a massive gadoll after consuming humans.

Natsume feels like a pretentious radical, her character puts anyone in danger without a second thought. The way she acts especially in this episode is that of a narcissistic character always thinking about herself.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

241 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2020

127 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2020

113 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2020

138 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Aug 12, 2020

119 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 5:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.