Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 3, 2020 4:28 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Okay, that was a lot to take in this episode.

Mood swings from Shinra and Captain Hague in particular was quite wild, to say the least. Particularly curious about the perpetrator behind this, though.

Arthur in full serious mode is no easy pushover, gee. A heartbreaking backstory to boot but the whole transition from the fight to the backstory along with the occasional comedy just felt like a little too much going on.

Action scenes were as crisp as ever, and a true delight to watch. David Productions at it again with their A-game!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 3, 2020 4:29 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Episode 2 has premiered early during Funimation's digital convention, FunimationCon.

Another great episode. Animation was superb and I like how I felt the friendship between Shinra and Arthur despite them fighting.

Shinra absolutely just embarrassing the clowns that made fun of him. The captain of Company 4 was a little weird to say the least, but he seems to know quite a bit.

Arthur really showed up this episode, it was nice to see a bit of his past, but I thought it where it was shown was a little odd. It was unfortunate that his parents just up and left him when they seemed so nice. Maybe there's something more to this?

Shinra was corrupted by someone who was called "the First Pillar". Now another Pillar is going to be born? Things are getting dicey.
Jul 3, 2020 4:33 PM
Nov 2018
was able to catch this in the funimationcon stream. back into the action and i was so lost until it was unveiled shinra got possessed. the arthur-shinra showdown was super dope. more arthur backstory which make sense why he pretends why he is a knight. company 4 has some cool people like that black guy and the masochist captain lol.

the OP and ED songs are sooo good omg
Jul 3, 2020 5:03 PM

Nov 2011
The dub voice actually sounds alright. Personally, I kinda liked Arthur's role. Wish they showed even more of his flashbacks besides just about the king part and his parents. Either way, it seems they're really getting into the action for this season.

Glad to see this season having a solid animation quality production so far.
Jul 3, 2020 5:22 PM
Mar 2019
Wtf Funimation already got the 2nd episode whatttttt??????
Jul 3, 2020 5:28 PM

Apr 2020
The heck, it was streamed on Funimation first. Sad that our country don't have an access on this. Guess I'll just wait for *******
RegulusXJul 3, 2020 5:57 PM
Jul 3, 2020 5:33 PM

May 2018
Wait what? where did you all see the second episode?!?!?
Jul 10, 2020 10:10 AM

Apr 2020
Seeing Arthur's past, at least it is a little clear why Arthur pretended to be a knight.
Jul 10, 2020 11:30 AM

Feb 2019
Fire force easily the best new gen series. Every episode is just top notch man, animation, art, sound design.

Great episode, got some good action, Arthur backstory and introduction of a new adversary. Loved that Arthur and Shinra fight.

Only gonna get better from here
Jul 10, 2020 11:30 AM

Jul 2012
Who's this First Pillar and what happened to Arthur's parents...
Jul 10, 2020 11:31 AM
Mar 2019
They adapted this to fucking good I’m glad we got a new director for the second season
Jul 10, 2020 11:31 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode.
Arthur is OP when he gets serious.

The captain of the 4th is a weird guy. Quite the masochist. Funny how Arthur used him as a shield.

Things should get more interesting.

Jul 10, 2020 11:50 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
David Pro. is doing some heavy lifting.

3/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 10, 2020 11:51 AM
Oct 2016
Now getting to the meat and potatoes of the season here in this episode. Shinra going to talk to the 4th Fire Force Captain about seeing him during his Adolla Link at the end of last season when he fought Sho. Captain Hague is an eccentric guy to say the least. Certainly has taken a liking to Shinra flames, offered some insight into that hellos landscape Shinra sees during his links. Hague is a decently creepy guy but he knows his stuff and is an interesting part of the puzzle surrounding the Adolla Link.

Leading to that badass fight after Shinra is taken over by the First Pillar. Feeding off his own anger about how last season just ended while adding some of her own to amp him up. Shinra as the bad guy is cool to see, becoming a feral animal after being so manipulated. Almost sad too since he's really trying to move past his anger after learning the truth about his mom and the demon. Arthur backstory this episode made me sad, how his delusions of being a knight are coping mechanisms from childhood because his family circumstances were so bad. Parents just abandoning him what the hell, makes me happy he's found Shinra and the 8th.

Favorite part of the episode had to be seeing Ogun in the anime finally!! He's a cool character I enjoy whom we'll see a bunch of this season in the coming arc. Him and Lieutenant Pan are cool guys from the 4th. Them all trying to take on Shinra did pretty well until Shinra just kneed his own face. Now following the First Pillars words about a new pillar emerging it's a race against the White Clad to find them first
Jul 10, 2020 11:57 AM

Nov 2010
This episode was hilarious! Arthur using the old man as a shield lmao.
Jul 10, 2020 12:03 PM

Nov 2016
Yohohoho, eccentric badass-geezer voiced by Yuuichi Nagashima, what a perfect fit. Hague seems like a cool and interesting character.

Really nice episode, action was on point.

And who else thinks the ending song sounds awfully similar to the one of Kekkai Sensen? :D

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 10, 2020 12:19 PM
Mar 2020
This was such a cool episode.
Jul 10, 2020 12:40 PM
Mar 2019
Really awesome episode, Kajiwara Gakuto really captured Shinra's perfectly when he was being used by the first Pillar, that fight really made me appreciate Arthur and Shinra even more than in season 1

Seeing Arthur using Lieutenant Hague as a masochistic meat shield cracked me up

And Nagashima really fits Lieutenant Hague's character
Jul 10, 2020 12:41 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
While a meeting with the 4th company will be useful its also somewhat risky as well. Still visiting the academy again sure is nostalgic. Its nice to see Lt Asako again though. The meeting with the captain while weird sure acted as the perfect stage for the crisis that followed. The fight though sure was fun thanks to the captain's desires and the intervention of Arthur and Ogun. The RPG angle sure was amusing though. The insight into Arthur's childhood and family situation sure was insightful. Overall an excellent ep that did well in expanding upon the lore via the intro of the captain of the 4th while also showcasing the power of the first pillar. Looks like the pillars have become the main goals in the war between the Fire force and the Whiteclad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2020 12:47 PM
Jul 2019
So, Shinra is back with them 4th Company and already he has to deal with a couple of pricks, nice that he was able to own one of them

Does anybody know why the 3rd company wasn't included in the opening???
Jul 10, 2020 12:59 PM

May 2020
It was really nice getting to see the friendship between Arthur and Shinra. We also got to see what happened in Arthur's past and it explains a lot about his personality.

It was interesting seeing more about the adolla link.

I'm exciting for the next episode. It seems we'll meet a pretty important character.
Jul 10, 2020 1:15 PM

Jul 2014
WTF... WTF (not) Sister?! She looks great with long hair though.

Dear God, that Captain is a total freak. I lost it when he was used by Arthur as a human shield... "Shield of Masochism" lmao. And then they showed us how Arthur was abandoned by his parents... damn. Now we know where their delusions come from.

Awesome fight and awesome episode as always. The new girl from the next episode looks like Akane, nice.
Jul 10, 2020 1:22 PM

Oct 2014
Good episode, I liked it.

We got some nice fighting aswell as finally getting some backstory for Arthur.

It was also interesting to see more of adolla link.
Jul 10, 2020 1:29 PM

Jan 2009
Arthur with the power of false belief or delusion

Jul 10, 2020 1:57 PM

Oct 2014
Okay I was kinda living for Arthur's backstory this episode. I used to think he was an obnoxious cringy child, but now I've realized he's an obnoxious cringy child for a reason. The masochistic captain was weird. He made me uncomfortable. Shinra's outburst was understandable given the moral dilemma he was facing, though it felt forced. He will most likely return to the status quo next episode. Who was the demon girl on his shoulder? And why was she naked????

There were some really cool storyboards in this episode. Great special effects. Still, the awkward pauses/bland background art weighed it down.
Jul 10, 2020 2:26 PM

Mar 2016
decent episode, bit weird.
poor arthur :( at least he still has the innocence of a child without being corrupted.

3/5

Jul 10, 2020 3:16 PM

Feb 2020
Good episode, altought maybe with lot to take in 20 minutes
Jul 10, 2020 3:55 PM

Jan 2015
Arthur's power up is such an asspull and a result of lazy writing.

And of course, Shinra just snaps into and out of his demon mode like that.
Jul 10, 2020 3:57 PM
Mar 2020
Red said:
Who's this First Pillar and what happened to Arthur's parents...
watch the damn ep how about that?
Jul 10, 2020 3:59 PM
Mar 2020
Inferno792 said:
Arthur's power up is such an asspull and a result of lazy writing.

And of course, Shinra just snaps into and out of his demon mode like that.
damn you're dumb.. didn't you read the subtitles? It literally explains everything almost instantly, there's no "demon mode" in fire force and if you think Arthur's backstory explaining his power was lazy...LMFAOOOO
Jul 10, 2020 4:09 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty good episode!

Arthur's background explains a lot about the delusional person he is, but he rocked this episode! Put up a good fight against the possessed Shinra!

The 4th captain is absolutely crazy though!!

So a new Pillar will be born and now it's to see who will find that person first, the fire force or the evangelist!

Pink girl in preview looks cute AF though!
Jul 10, 2020 4:24 PM
Feb 2018
Arthur and shinra are the perfect friends that hate one another on the surface at least
Jul 10, 2020 4:30 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was a really interesting episode for Arthur, it's good that they develop more this character.
Jul 10, 2020 4:50 PM

Apr 2016
Well, I think this episode was pretty bad. It wasn't exciting at all and I didn't like the “concept” in general. By the way, what the bloody hell did Arthur’s parents do? What a mean thing, I felt really sad.
Jul 10, 2020 6:03 PM
Oct 2019
Season 2 of Fire Force is starting strong. Have enjoyed both episodes so far!
The pacing was improved for episode 2
Arthurs backstory is so sad but the funniest characters normally have the saddest backstories
Shinra has every right to be pissed off, he endured all that pain and suffering because he thought once he avenged his mother and Sho he could be free. But now his mother is the demon infernal.
I think Shinra is a bit lost
Jul 10, 2020 6:14 PM

Aug 2018
Good episode, Shinra's demon form & behaviour was a change. Also this is always great to discover another company, with its internal hierarchy and specificities
Jul 10, 2020 6:37 PM

Sep 2017
Once again a fantastic episode for animation and fight scenes

There were some hilarious parts as well, especially with the 4th division commander involved
Jul 10, 2020 6:48 PM

May 2019
That was a very nice episode
also Arthur backstory was pretty interesting

5/5
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jul 10, 2020 6:52 PM

Aug 2015
Well, this was an interesting episode. Captain Hague was ummm...a bit too much for me imo. Seeing Shinra being possessed by that woman and fighting Arthur was interesting and cool. Arthur's backstory was quite sad.
Jul 10, 2020 6:54 PM

Aug 2019
An action packed episode and it’s only two episodes in I can’t wait for the rest of the season.
Jul 10, 2020 6:55 PM

Feb 2014
Disappointed Shinra possessed by an anger spirit isn't able to easily take down Arthur and that 4th captain didn't come to rescue.
Jul 10, 2020 7:08 PM

Dec 2013
I loved how Arthur used the old man as a masochistic shield.

Arthur is definitely the funniest character in this series. I feel a little bad with how his parents ran away tho...
Jul 10, 2020 7:08 PM

Oct 2017
Poor arthur the most amusingly sad flashback
Jul 10, 2020 7:34 PM

Oct 2016
Good episode, I wonder how or why Arthur's parents disappeared though. I'm guessing they combusted? From what I've seen from them they seem like parent's who wouldn't just leave their child like that without a reason so I'm guessing they combusted.
Jul 10, 2020 7:37 PM

Aug 2019
hell yeh, Arthur having to do the good old "kick the shit outta your friend till he's sane" trick. One of the reasons i love their friendship so much, also really interesting to see some of Shinra's old classmates and friends from the academy, hope we see more of them later.
"Masochist Shield" bro i fucking spat my coffee out when Arthur just GRABS the old man and uses him to fucking block a full attack to the face then continuing to fucking HUCK HIM at Shinra in a form of "Masochist Shield bash" god i love arthur, but that flashback to his past was fucking sad bro :( what horrid parent's just left my guy at such a young age.
Things are actually heating up, hot blonde that i think everyone and Shinra himself thought was sister Iris, knows something they don't and is maybe part of something bigger.
Jul 10, 2020 7:41 PM

Nov 2008
Gawd - the First Pillar is just so HOT! If she wanted to seduce Shinra instead of possessing him she would have him under her mad thumb in no time...
Jul 10, 2020 9:47 PM

Feb 2018
SkyLETV said:
WTF... WTF (not) Sister?! She looks great with long hair though.

Shinra assumed her as Sister
even First Pillar VA is same as Sister

Just saying it is indeed a connection.
Jul 10, 2020 9:48 PM

Jul 2016
Its a dumb episode. The fight is nice than the previous. The tropes are here, the comedy too. Latom/5

Jul 10, 2020 9:58 PM
May 2015
Boi did Arthur's past strike a nerve. I wasn't prepared for those feels. Other than that, I really loved this episode. They came out kicking really early this season. Hague's masochism threw me hella off guard because I took him to be so professional and serious, and then he pleaded for pain the whole time.
Roses are red

violets are blue.

Omae Wa

Mou shindeiru
Jul 10, 2020 10:13 PM

Apr 2014
Shield of Masochism.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

71 by SenseiSempai-san »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

82 by SenseiSempai-san »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

73 by SenseiSempai-san »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

120 by SenseiSempai-san »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

64 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Yesterday, 3:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.