Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gleipnir
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 28, 2020 12:52 PM

Jul 2014
So it looks like this whole memory wipe thing is to protect Shuichi from the Ghost Honoka, cutting any bonds that might link him to her. But what are Kaito + Honoka looking for? They already have the 100 coins, so why are they looking specifically for Shuichi? Naoto says that if she remembers everything through the bonds (specifically Shuichi's) it will be the end of the world. So she's like an empty shell who's looking to become a whole being? Like when she asks, Who am I? Maybe it's Shuichi's ability that's important? But then again, what are the 100 coins for? Why would the end of the world happen then and not now? I love the mystery but the lack of answers that come with it kills me xD.

It's pretty fucked up how Shuichi continues to live his daily life normally, but in reality his house is a complete mess and his parents are dead. And it seems that Clair's parents had the same fate and Elena took the blame to protect her from Honoka too.

The fight was amazing! Pine Jam really excelled in the technical aspect of the show. It's great to see how polished and well cared was and to see the evolution of the studio from series like Gamers or Just Because (other 2 series that I liked a lot).

Something also amazing is how 2 of the characters who usually have the biggest death flags (Mifune and Chihiro) have survived xD. I even feared for Mifune in this episode but thank God she's okay. I wish she would move to another town and live safely but her character seems too relevant to simply disappear now. At least it looks like Chihiro's group, now that they've cut ties with Shuichi and the search for coins, will live peacefully... or so I hope.

So yeah, great show, I loved it. The biggest surprise of the season, I was expecting another battle royal with a lot of ecchi and it ended up being something much better. Many say that the fan service was unnecessary or too much but I have no problem with it and even like it. I find it laughable how people have problems with ecchi but not with violence and gore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Clair best girl of the season! It's funny how at first I wasn't a fan of her but I ended up loving her. Season 2 please!
SkyLETVJun 28, 2020 7:00 PM
Jun 28, 2020 1:20 PM

Mar 2012
Ok, when I first started watching this, I didn't know how many episodes it would be so I was a little shocked that this was the last episode.

Anyone know if we will get a second season to finish out the show?

So, basically this alien came to earth, took some friends that already had some inner conflicts going on and gave them powers....making the conflict and story even more intense. It's like so much was left unsaid between these friends. You could see that their friend did not understand what happened and made a horrid decision based on his misunderstanding. There's too many assumptions between friends and it seems that that caused a lot of unnecessary crap. I thought Elena was supposed to be the one that went inside of him. This entire show I figured because she had said towards the beginning of the series that inside of him was for her when Claire was in there. I just believe we could have been given more detail or background on the ending. OR maybe that's just me wanting more of an ending. I don't like when shows abruptly end and then you have to imagine what happened next or hope somehow for a second season if you don't read manga. UGh. All in all the show wasn't bad. I just enjoy having an ending.
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Jun 28, 2020 1:25 PM

Jan 2013
that fight was awesome until that thing interrupted.
ahh a read the manga ending
Jun 28, 2020 1:25 PM

Oct 2010
7/10. Last 2 episodes felt largely pointless since the memory just got wiped again lol. Really bad place to end the season, honestly. I don't expect a season 2 but I do want one. I want to know the answers because so far it largely feels pointless, especially when we just started getting into the TRUE plot in the last few episodes. Sakuga was pretty awesome. Loving this studio more as time goes on

SkyLETV said:
They already have the 100 coins, so why are they looking specifically for Shuichi? Naoto says that if she remembers everything through the bonds (specifically Shuichi's) it will be the end of the world. So she's like an empty shell who's looking to become a whole thing? Like when she asks, Who am I? Maybe it's Shuichi's ability that's important? But then again, what are the 100 coins for then?

I'm confused why people keep saying they had 100 coins. A few episodes back Elena suggested SOMEONE may already have 100 coins but never confirmed it. But clearly it's not her, because why would she want Yoshioka's coins if she already has 100 coins? And someone else said Yoshioka gave her "100 coins" but that bag was TINY, no way it had 100 coins. Did I miss something?

KANLen09 said:
And Yoshioka on her way to meet Elena with the 100 coins.
They never said she had 100 coins and that bag was way too small to be 100 coins - it was barely big enough to hold maybe a dozen. These coins are pretty big.
KougeruJun 28, 2020 1:33 PM
Jun 28, 2020 1:36 PM
Jul 2017
I've spent the last three or four episodes completely confused, and this ending didn't change that. I guess I'm reading the manga then...
Jun 28, 2020 1:56 PM
Aug 2019

Was hoping for something more. Didn't like to much this episode
I have to keep my 7/10 rating to this anime. I was expecting to change it to 8/10, but this final episode didn't do it for me.

Fun anime, with some pretty good animation and fight scenes. Now, Season 2? Maybe, but in a couple of years or more
Jun 28, 2020 1:59 PM
Jul 2017
You know what? This pretty heckin good for an anime original ending. And it still ends off with them going to the crash site with Sanbe. This show over all gets an 8/10 from me. It was a pretty good adaptation with a pretty good anime original ending.
Jun 28, 2020 2:01 PM
Mar 2019
I know the final episode was an anime original but i liked neverthless
Jun 28, 2020 2:02 PM

Jan 2015
dark-chaos said:
filler episode
you can start reading from chapter 36 for anyone interested

Thank you very much, I was about to start looking. ^^
Trying my best with english d-_-b
Jun 28, 2020 2:34 PM

Apr 2015
Well, not the way I was expecting this to end the way it did! I started to think that I had no recollection of everything that happened this episode happened in the manga..

So an original episode, with parts that really deviates from the Manga, but with the exception of the opening scene and ending scene of this episode, those were actually take from the manga.

However, I don't think this was a bad original episode, in fact I will have to say that this was probably the best episode. The scenes at Shuuichi's house, getting flashes of his memories again and then the confrontation with Elena! It was all pretty great! Shuuichi did get to know the truth, but Elena manages to seal his memories again. That fight was pretty great animated again.

Would be nice to see a S2, but with the changes that have been done, I am not sure if that's possible yet.. 8/10, Pretty good watch!
CeddyyBearrJun 28, 2020 2:42 PM
Jun 28, 2020 2:36 PM

Mar 2020
What a shitty ass ending, very fitting.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jun 28, 2020 3:07 PM

Mar 2010
Love clair Love the ED but man this episode was lacking a bit. All in all Loved the series sad there is no conclusion but can't wait for season 2. Hope it comes out sooner than later.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 28, 2020 3:07 PM

Mar 2010
Love clair Love the ED but man this episode was lacking a bit. All in all Loved the series sad there is no conclusion but can't wait for season 2. Hope it comes out sooner than later.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 28, 2020 3:13 PM
Jan 2017
After 13 episodes, Gleipnir comes to an end. While I'm still confused by some of the show's mysteries and I don't really understand some pieces of Shuuchi's backstory, this episode was a really good way to end the series. The action setpiece in this episode was incredible and the relationship between Shuuchi and Claire once again proved to be the show's emotional heart. I don't know if this show will get a second season, but I sure hope so.
Jun 28, 2020 3:18 PM

Aug 2018
Here’s to hoping for a second season.

9/10
Jun 28, 2020 3:55 PM

May 2016
Only 2 episodes felt strong and I lost hope after those 2, and vaguely had a rough idea
that it would be a mediocre show in the long run. 6/10
Jun 28, 2020 4:15 PM

Jan 2011
Archfiend836 said:

Do the Anime have a different Ending than Manga?

the manga still ongoing and the last episode was filler except last part when they were going to the mountain again
Jun 28, 2020 4:16 PM

Jan 2011
Fuseteam said:
dark-chaos said:
filler episode

still fun episode but you need to forget everything in this episode if you plan to read the manga lol

eh? welp there goes my theory

nothing true sadly the reason is even more fucked up
Jun 28, 2020 4:17 PM

Jan 2011
serusa94 said:
Well, not a great anime but not a awful one imo. Maybe im gonna start the manga, any manga reader could tell me if i should read since chapter 1 or better the one where the anime ends?

this episode was filler so forget everything happened and start reading from chapter 36
Jun 28, 2020 4:19 PM

Jan 2011
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Is it possible that Shuuichi's parents were dead either by his own hands or Elena's hands????

Geez, I wonder what's invisible girl's problem with Clair???

Ya know I really don't get as to why Elena has to keep Shuuichi from remembering Honoka????/

this was filler episode there's no problem between the two in the manga
Jun 28, 2020 4:23 PM

Jun 2014
Seems like Ill be reading this manga as the story was pretty interessing imo. Gonna miss this, highly doubt a season 2.

Finale fight was pretty epic
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2020 5:49 PM

Aug 2018
Damn, a way more satisfying ending than I expected considering the story is everything but over. Really glad to see that Mr. Death Knight back, too bad it was just for the time of cameo.

Also fucking yes they brought back some QUALITY animation from episode 2, all the fights were dull as fuck and this ep gave us a swan song with an epic fight scene before finishing.

If they adapted about 36 chapters and we are at 54 there is still A LOT of time before a second season but still my hopes are kept high up.

Usually I'd give for an edgefest like this a 5 or below because well it is just a accumulation of semi-horror storytelling clichés with "muh sex metaphor" and gore buuuuuuutttt I enjoyed it a lot and I have to praise this show for having a better conclusion of an ongoing story than something like Deadman Wonderland couldn't have at ALL .... and Claire makes my dick hard so 7/10, I will probably lower the score anyway kek
Jun 28, 2020 5:53 PM

Dec 2015
dark-chaos said:
Fuseteam said:

eh? welp there goes my theory

nothing true sadly the reason is even more fucked up
oof that's uh wow with end like that a second season is probably out of the question guess i would need to follow the manga :x

Jun 28, 2020 6:23 PM

Jul 2014
Kougeru said:

SkyLETV said:
They already have the 100 coins, so why are they looking specifically for Shuichi? Naoto says that if she remembers everything through the bonds (specifically Shuichi's) it will be the end of the world. So she's like an empty shell who's looking to become a whole thing? Like when she asks, Who am I? Maybe it's Shuichi's ability that's important? But then again, what are the 100 coins for then?

I'm confused why people keep saying they had 100 coins. A few episodes back Elena suggested SOMEONE may already have 100 coins but never confirmed it. But clearly it's not her, because why would she want Yoshioka's coins if she already has 100 coins? And someone else said Yoshioka gave her "100 coins" but that bag was TINY, no way it had 100 coins. Did I miss something?

I'm talking about Kaito + Ghost Honoka. At the beginning of the previous episode, Elena's group made it clear that Kaito had already collected 100 coins and was protecting them around the crash site.
Jun 28, 2020 6:24 PM
Feb 2020
Rushed ending, glad it's done and I definitely will be seeing a second season.
Jun 28, 2020 6:31 PM

Feb 2012
Eh. Cool fight but, overall, a slightly anti-climatic season finale. I wouldn't mind a 2nd season, but I also wouldn't hold my breath.

7/10.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Jun 28, 2020 6:44 PM

Jun 2014
Leaving it open ended for a possible Season 2? I feel like this really only needed about 2 more episodes to feel complete.
Jun 28, 2020 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
I don't really know what to say about this show a perfect example of a 6/10 it was too horny for it's own good and only once the plot started to get interesting it ends

will say the only thing i enjoyed is the team of weak realizing how weak they really are and just noping the fuck out and being like yall deal with this shit i'm going back to living a normal life though in the end they were kinda pointless outside the coints they had.

this show still made me angry at times with how it treated some of it's characters and i hate how clean and nice it looked too good at times for it's own good lol and i doubt it's gonna get a season 2 might read it since it feels like it wont be very long
Jun 28, 2020 7:30 PM

Nov 2010
Looking from the last episode, it seems there would be the 2nd season. Since the original comics is meandering and there was almost no progress for a long time, I hoped the anime version would have the original route but... Anyway the anime team introduced a lot of anime original portion and somewhat rectified the inconsistencies of the original story.

According to a voting site, the show has got very high score. (78% people think the show is amusing. Incidentally, for example, Eizouken got only 26% ayes.) The problem is we would have to wait for a long time because there aren't enough materials for the sequel.
---
Although the score of the show is kind of low, the 2nd season would get higher score, because only those who were satisfied with the 1st season will add the 2nd season in their lists.
kuroneko99Jun 29, 2020 5:26 AM
Jun 28, 2020 8:36 PM

Aug 2018
I'll admit I took quite a liking to this at first, but ironically started to somewhat lose interest with its last few episodes. Aside the apparent use of the budget with the fight this one episode, it was okay. Just another one of those open ended finales that are there to have you craving for more. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I'm not sure how I quite feel with the characters yet either. Shuichi is weird. Claire is weird. The others are weird. Everything is weird. Not to say that it's a bad thing, but often times you find yourself asking, "What is happening?" What was the deal with Mifune too? She's super cute, but didn't really have any role aside from being someone who also liked Shuichi.

Very hit or miss overall. Would be interested to check out a season 2 if it happens, but really the story could go either way from here on. 6/10
Jun 28, 2020 8:43 PM

Apr 2018
Syureria said:
Giving up coins to Shuuichi, I thought that would be the end of them. At least give me a rape scene wtf. Shuuichi looks strange maybe the necklace is the cause, Have you never cleaned your own house? I love that hug. I think the last episode will have a rape scene with Claire, I'm disappointed. I think the last episode will have a rape scene with Claire, I'm disappointed.
Who is the Bitch? I like the kick in the pool. Amazing fight, Elena turns into a black shadow? Shuuichi's memory has returned, At least Elena did not die from a gun, xD. Closed by a trip to the mountain? Not bad either.

The necklace has nothing to do with it. Shuuichi doesn't notice his messed-up house and his parent's abscence because he's still deluded by Elena messing with his memories. Plus, the necklace was taken off in that same scene.

Also, we did not need to know about your rape fetishes, thank you.
Jun 28, 2020 8:59 PM

Aug 2019
I still going to give this a 10 because i understand they ended it in a basic cliff hanger. But if you keep that that aside the fighting and the character development is pretty good.
Jun 28, 2020 9:02 PM
Apr 2019
Did not expect that fight scene, it was very nice. I enjoyed that last episode and I hope they make a season two
Jun 28, 2020 10:07 PM

Oct 2016
Thanks anime original episode, you made me want to read the manga and now I will.
Jun 28, 2020 10:52 PM

May 2012
not that the show was any good to begin with, but what a seriously disappointing ending.
Jun 28, 2020 11:48 PM

Aug 2015
"There is an incredible story being played out in this town. And I'm not the main character. Maybe I should step off the stage of this story and return to a normal life."

wtf. This show makes no damn sense.
If there is an incredible story, TELL IT, instead of being all "haha sike, nothing mattered."

The last two episodes basically came out of nowhere and made no sense.
What a shame that the show had the potential to be interesting, but basically had no idea what story it wanted to tell, so it tore itself up at the end. Poof!
Jun 29, 2020 1:46 AM
Apr 2020
Nice episode, that Elena vs. Shuichi and Clair fight scene is so good.

For me, Gleipnir is actually one of the best anime this season. Hope that it will get a 2nd season.

Jun 29, 2020 2:08 AM

Mar 2018
So this is an anime original episode? That explains why it's a little bit lacking on the closure.
The story overall is interesting, a lot of mysteries and questions but the pace is kinda slow. I rate it quite high because i absolutely love the OST ever since i watched the PV, the action and animation is a welcome surprise as well.Then again, i don't know if i should recommend this because i'm not sure people would enjoy this show as much as i do (i'd definitely check the manga).
Jun 29, 2020 2:17 AM

Nov 2015
Well, it wasn't horrible that's for sure. I think this show could be something special if maybe played out differently, right now it's confusing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2020 2:34 AM
Aug 2019
This anime is amazing , everything the story is new , flashbacks are awesome with goosebumps of course , character development feels like parasyte , it deserves at least 8,5/10 rating , I've watched tons on animes and it's been a long time since I've seen a good one , the best this season IMO , and the ending is so awesome and it tells us...the story is yet to be finished.
Jun 29, 2020 3:07 AM
Apr 2020

Will there be a season 2 in anime ?
Jun 29, 2020 3:38 AM

Mar 2014
that ending left unsatisfied.... like it's completely unnecessary

but if there is a 2nd season hopefully it will be better

6/10
Jun 29, 2020 5:42 AM

Apr 2013
I probably have to read the manga to get a better understanding of the story. Decent show with intriguing characters and story, but the last episode is just disappointing.
Jun 29, 2020 6:20 AM

Jan 2011
TriZen said:
I probably have to read the manga to get a better understanding of the story. Decent show with intriguing characters and story, but the last episode is just disappointing.

because it's filler episode
Jun 29, 2020 6:53 AM

Mar 2016
Weird and confusing. The characters in this adaptation aren't that good enough to make me care, the direction cut here and there with little connection between them. I'm not sure what's the stakes and prizes are.
Jun 29, 2020 6:55 AM
Jun 2019
Kinder-Malo-20 said:
This episode was an acceptable ending, there is a possibility of a second season, but the manga only has 54 chap and the anime adapted it until chapter 35 so we will have to wait 2 years :(

Do you really read the manga? It is currently 54, but it hasn't ended either..
Where do that 2 years come from..
Jun 29, 2020 6:58 AM
Jun 2019
Whoa whoa whoa,, wait... As a manga reader, I didn't see this coming.. Didn't see this scene anywhere.. But the cliff hanger ending might mean a 2nd season I think.. Nice episode tho..
But it is a major change from the manga really..
Jun 29, 2020 7:00 AM

Feb 2016
dark-chaos said:
filler episode

still fun episode but you need to forget everything in this episode if you plan to read the manga lol

Thank you. I think Chapter 35 is a better start + recap imo.

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

"Salvation is a thin thread dangling from heaven."
- Mary ~ Death Mark

Jun 29, 2020 7:25 AM

Apr 2018
Ngl this show got a lot better towards the end.

I really liked that last fight.

The music was phenomenal throughout the show.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Jun 29, 2020 9:22 AM

Mar 2015
The feral expression they put on Shuici's Mascot Monster's face was perfect for the situation, and it reflected their 'power up' quite well.

Very good series on the whole. I'm glad it tightened up the source story.
The sword that takes life gives life
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2020

93 by sapphiron22 »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:15 PM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2020

142 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2020

90 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2020

73 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:11 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2020

80 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.