Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gleipnir
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 7, 2020 8:17 PM

Nov 2019
FMmatron said:
It was so obvious that Madoka was just testing Claire and the others, but in the end he fucked up his own team with it.

Nah man, he serious, as smart as she is, Claire would've pick that route but she knows madoka is serious hence she used madoka's own morals against him
Haunt88Jun 7, 2020 9:20 PM
Jun 7, 2020 9:34 PM

Aug 2018
Great emotional conflict this episode

But, Damn Madoka a real bro leader. He would be a cool shounen protagonist.
"Who needs drugs when you got cute anime girls?"
-Sun Tzu
Jun 8, 2020 12:27 AM

Jul 2016
jaeheek said:
Great emotional conflict this episode

But, Damn Madoka a real bro leader. He would be a cool shounen protagonist.

He has some rules but make no mistake. an absolute prick of a human being.
Jun 8, 2020 1:26 AM

Nov 2018
I actually enjoyed this episode especially with Clair. Ikeuchi dying was probably the right move because he betrayed them and he was annoying anyway imo. The Clair and Shuuchi moment was a highlight of the episode and that they should always do things together. Madoka and his crew had a big bond between each other so it does make me feel kind of bad even though they totally deserved it. He will probably come back for more though.

“What’s scary is the people with the powers” is something that Clair says a few times but it does make sense. That is what can make loyalty a weakness. This episode does question Clair’s loyalty and whether she will betray the other people in our group or not is something we’ll have to see. She does show that she is willing to do anything to protect Shuuchi.

Overall good episode and Clair’s plan was so perfectly done and she is a genius for that. I liked the drama that this episode presented and the mental games that were being played. See you for episode 11.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
Jun 8, 2020 1:50 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, damn, i feel bad for the Gorilla guy. He was so kind as a garbage, not gonna lie. It should be good decision if Shuichi teams were all dead there. But it will never happened. Nice plot twist, it really surprised me. Poor to the guy with Camera-head ability. I mean, dude, wtf?! Good bye, then! The transition was okay, it can bring such a mixed feeling of Clair action and her reason. On the other hands, its acceptable. But on sometime, its purely wrong and cruel. Such a solid evil woman typical personality from her, as always. Gladly Shuichi be there to give more chill, and more plot armoured.

I mean, damn! Why not becomes one with Yoshioka like before? She should be knowing the power, just try to synchronise the feeling, and will. Why dont do that? Even the gorilla guy mention her, and nature wanna talk to Shuichi, 'Hey, you fool. Use her, you goddamned faggot!' Thats it. Shit always happen.
badabassJun 8, 2020 1:57 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 8, 2020 2:08 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
penrhos said:
OK - Episode 10 adapted up to Volume 5 Page 94.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.

Another season or atleast another continuation is a must. Thats can't be solved only a 13 episodes length if the storyline pacing rate like that.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 8, 2020 3:47 AM

Nov 2016
YggdraSEED said:
FMmatron said:
It was so obvious that Madoka was just testing Claire and the others, but in the end he fucked up his own team with it.

Nah man, he serious, as smart as she is, Claire would've pick that route but she knows madoka is serious hence she used madoka's own morals against him

At first I was under the impression that he was testing the bond of Claire and the others, this would've made her decision even more regrettable, but upon reflecting on it there are indeed many inconsistencies and contradictions.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 8, 2020 4:16 AM
Sep 2014
I'm glad that retarded telescope head guy died off. What a pathetic and stupid way to die too, haha. He was annoying as hell.
Jun 8, 2020 4:52 AM

Feb 2017
So the camera guy died just like that huh. He was annoying so and betrayed them, so good riddance.
Like the bonding between Clair and Shuichi.
Jun 8, 2020 6:06 AM

May 2016
Claire is a beast just like her sister. you sure don't want to get involved with those two girls
at all cost.
Jun 8, 2020 6:26 AM
Nov 2018
joa12222 said:
Not sure if this counts as a spoiler, but
I wonder if that means they're doing an original ending(?)

I don't think it spoils anything. Anyway, it was a weird choice. Sure, he was annoying and no one will miss him. But it just doesn't make sense. He had a very good chance of escaping with the group, trying to betray them was guaranteed to kill him. Koyanagi spent her coin to make it sure kill, it was a big deal in her group.
Jun 8, 2020 9:44 AM

Apr 2020
It's a good thing that the traitor is flushed out
Jun 8, 2020 10:18 AM

May 2018
the score of this anime is very unfair
Jun 8, 2020 12:20 PM

Feb 2018
Claire's unusual and clever ideas once again saved the day for sure. In terms of power they clearly had upper hand but this team has interesting talents. Someone with complex thinking ability can use that to create more deadly things than just force, like so.
Jun 8, 2020 3:16 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
I really enjoyed this episode. Seeing the impact of having to choose between sacrificing one of their team and fighting was interesting. Camera guy really bottled it. Claire is probably my favourite part of the show. She's sharp as a knife and just as dangerous. She knew how to play that whole situation.

I love Isao. He's kinda adorable plus his superpower is so wholesome even when it's deadly. I thought the burning oleander plan was pretty clever.

From the score and the way people were talking about this show, I really thought Gleipnir would be a dumpster fire but actually it's damn enjoyable to watch.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Jun 9, 2020 10:41 AM

Mar 2017
I'm so fucking glad Ikeuchi is dead! He was a creep and a pussy and in the end, a traitor too.

Claire is completely twisted but at the end of the day she's got the right attitude in this coin hunt; you can't go up against these kinds of people without getting your hands dirty. At least Shuichi's accepted that and big enough to take some of the responsibility along with Claire
Jun 9, 2020 1:00 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Welp, I credit Clair for thinking her way out of that problem. This was definitely one of the more serious episodes.

Camera guy should have thought twice before betraying his crew.

And the setting for the final scene was.. oddly fitting to say the least. When the leader said to Clair that she didn't know what she was thinking, Clair and Shuichi were standing closer to the edge of the cliff with a rift between the two girls. Symbolic separation from the rest of the group in the sense that they are more willing to get their hands dirty. Plus, I don't think that the ground is stable enough to just break off but perhaps the enemy boss is going to snatch Shuichi+Clair away from the group and handle them on his own.
Jun 9, 2020 6:44 PM

Aug 2018
A sweet hug from Shuichi shared with Clair, lovely

On the other hand, Ikeuchi (aka the fearful and coward but hero wana Ikeuchi), ended up being killed his own mistake. Tried to betray for his sake - true he also wanted to save Yoshioka but only 'cause he loves her - , got punished by the leader's power : satisfying.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
anime-primeJun 10, 2020 3:18 PM
Jun 10, 2020 2:56 PM

Dec 2016
dark-chaos said:
joa12222 said:
Not sure if this counts as a spoiler, but
I wonder if that means they're doing an original ending(?)

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jun 10, 2020 4:26 PM
Nov 2019
Wonder if there was any significance for Shuchi kicking Clair out so he could undo his transformation so the fox-girl wouldn't be shot using his gun...

I'm sure Clair would have been quite happy for her to be killed.
Jun 11, 2020 1:15 AM

Jul 2016
So... was there any point in having Camera Head around for so many episodes? Because him dying by having forgotten about the contract he made may be of the lamest and most anticlimactic deaths I have seen in a while. Not that I'm complaining tho, I'm actually quite happy he's finally out of the picture.

Anyways, that aside, I gotta say that Claire shone during this episode in such a way. She remained calm, played it cool with her more anxious teammates and in the end, managed to make a plan which was executed perfectly by using the enemy's morals against him. It was such a nasty move yet absolutely clever from her part at the same time.
The tension during the first half was also handled very well and the scene with Shuuichi hugging Claire while being surrounded by poisonous flowers was indeed quite the beautiful sight.

Now regarding Madoka, the guy sure is an interesting character. He's basically a loser who leads a bunch of other losers yet his group isn't really that different from Claire's. Honestly, I gotta say I'm actually impressed by how much he cares for his companions and if he didn't look like a sex offender, I would have surely empathized with him a lot more.
This said, I'm pretty sure the situation with him isn't over yet so I look forward to seeing how Claire and co. will manage to face his incoming outrage. Having Chihiro and Shuuichi fusing again would be a good option as well as Sanbe re-appearing but we'll see next week.
SouthRzVaJun 11, 2020 1:22 AM
Jun 11, 2020 5:50 AM

Oct 2016
That episode was actually good, it was intense and you can really feel the tensions.
Jun 12, 2020 3:26 AM

Mar 2008
After this ep first thing I did was start reading about oleander and I can see why they all were so frightened and shocked. Apparently this is an accurate depiction. A single leaf ingested can kill a person and the smoke of one burning is toxic too.

I'm not sure who is morally worse in this episode since no one was really all wrong or all right.
Jun 12, 2020 3:39 AM

Jan 2019
With Ikeuchi's death...
?
Jun 12, 2020 9:41 AM

Jun 2013
One of the few instances when Claire's manipulative personality worked in their favor. Wait till they uncover more about Elena and other characters who have yet to be revealed. However, I think that might happen in S2.
臭い-
Jun 14, 2020 5:59 AM

Oct 2013
Plan with using toxic flowers to eliminate their enemies was cruel, but their opponents were cruel as well. Claire once again proved she has guts, haha.

I feel bad for Madoka and his crew. He was such a bro leader leading a group of social outcasts into perhaps better future. While it looks all of them died, I'm curious if anybody survived.

Hah, camera guy broke the promise and paid the highest price. I dunno what he expected really. It was obvious that betraying his teammates is equal to breaking the promise which is a trigger activating the leader's lethal ability.
Jun 14, 2020 10:41 AM

Sep 2011
The simp gets what he deserves.

Jun 20, 2020 10:32 PM

Apr 2020
Woah, this episode made my brain do a full 180.

Ikeuchi got what was coming for him since the start. A promise is a promise and he decided to be a loudmouth.

I give this episode a 4/5 :)
Jun 23, 2020 3:30 PM

Apr 2020
Dreamxer said:
A fairly solid episode, not much action but I enjoyed the outcome. Ikeuchi was really annoying to me, So I am satisfied he died.

Haha I feel the same way. He was so annoying.
Jun 24, 2020 7:44 AM

Nov 2012
Why did the enemy went straight to the fire? They could've just used that big eyed monster to look for Clair's team or went around the fire?
Jun 25, 2020 5:20 PM
May 2016
Disappointed that no one once tried telling the boss that the guy they beat up was molesting one of them. Maybe the boss would've reconsidered or still insisted one of them die. Should've at least been brought up.
Jul 5, 2020 6:41 AM

Apr 2020
Finally! Some advance in relationship between these two. I hope it won't stop on mere hugs and phrases like "we are one" though, they truly are a good couple.

Three episodes to go, let's see what they'll show further on.
[right]=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
Jul 26, 2020 1:04 PM

Jul 2015
Even though Madoka is an enemy, got some mad respect for him not abandoning his teammates. On the other hand finally good riddance of that idiot snitch Ikeuchi. Really liked the escape plan, some smart thinking from Claire on the flower there paired with Isao's ability and using Madoka's morals against him.

Aug 22, 2020 11:17 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Kinda sour that Sanbe played no role......woulda been a great boss fight. Makes no sense having him as ally if he's not going to be pivotal @_@
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 31, 2021 10:47 PM

Aug 2017
The episode was quite good. I really liked how Clair analyzed the situation. As I expected Ikeuchi betrayed the group so he died by her Leader's power.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 6, 2021 12:31 AM

Oct 2010
didn't expect the yazuka guy to actually be a garbage man, still, he is very interesting with his all nakama stuff and he was fair, basically come with me but you have to pay a price for hurting my man, one of you will die. Unfortunately for him, Clair is smart and used perfectly the flower guy, Madoka's gang are a bunch of idiots so they didn't notice our guys escaped, they also underestimated them but it was kinda normal, they sure were weak and had 1% chances of escaping.
Madoka is still hard to beat, maybe the college guy can help later. Excellent anime overall.
Apr 10, 2021 7:54 PM

Nov 2010
Props to Clair's IQ for thinking of that strategy. I did a quick google search and burning oleander is really toxic. You learn something new everyday I guess.

Poor simp Ikeuchi. He should've just stick to the group.

Madoka is a scumbag, but he's definitely a good leader to follow. As long as you're on his side you are in good hands I guess.
Jul 28, 2021 12:16 PM

Jul 2015
Well, the show has been really stale until this episode but the mind game that has been used against the rival gang has completely blown my mind.
Feb 7, 2022 5:02 AM
Jun 2013
I give it to sharp tooth hes a evil psycho but hes good to his group. I knew the telescope person was going to die in someway though he went out like an idiot. Like did he just forget the whole chocking pact. I do find it funny that no one seemed to care that he was missing.
May 2, 2022 7:55 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty convenient, that the ape dude let them just do whatever they want over there lol
Oct 9, 2022 12:32 AM

Aug 2014
The Clair in this episode gives off different vibes
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
May 16, 2023 7:12 PM

Dec 2022
So the whole group never said where dude with the glasses like I guess they all never really cared lol but did he wanna die when he ran out like that or did he forget about the hair around his neck.
Dec 4, 2023 7:12 AM

Nov 2023
Honestly, what a very emotional episode this one was
Dec 11, 2023 11:15 PM
May 2023
love the clifhanger of the bad guys being not so bad looking out after their friends.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2020

196 by BiggKab »»
Apr 5, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2020

142 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2020

90 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2020

73 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:11 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2020

80 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.