Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gleipnir
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 2, 2020 12:37 PM
Apr 2016
How come I managed to watch 9 episodes of this crap. Enough is enough...
Jun 2, 2020 3:57 PM

Mar 2017
Seygneur said:
katie_potaty said:
Not gonna lie; after all the build up and mystery about Yota's ability that was extremely underwhelming. He can punch strong... great but it's really not that powerful as we saw when he punched the gorilla.

Even though we're on ep.9 I'm actually still torn about this anime; sometimes the episodes are incredible and hint at some great potential and then there are some eps that are just so lacklustre like this episode.

Yeah, hopefully there is something else to his ability. Like injustice fueling his strength or something.The whole power hierarchy in this show is weird and the only lesson to take from it is too dream big? The whole crew is looking worse with every minute. At least Claire has always considered them to be just a meatshield and source of information.

Very weak episode. However, I expect the king of trash zo make things a little bit more fun again.

Yeah, I thought of that possibility but then wouldn't his ability have gotten stronger fighting the gorilla considering it wanted to kill his friend? It's completely baffling to me how this group thinks they can collect the coins when they have absolutely no way to defend or attack other coin collectors.
Jun 2, 2020 7:32 PM

Oct 2008
Yota is pretty stronk
but that villain ape b0ss is probably stronger, Shuuichi should make a plan to let Yota be inside him and forcefully be crushed to bit so that we have a new hybrid much stronger fighter! that would be interesting.
5/5.

Jun 2, 2020 11:34 PM

Jan 2016
I can't focus on the fighting scenes since they used dubstep-ish EDM as a BGM lmao.
Life is strange

Jun 3, 2020 8:05 AM

Jul 2016
I'm starting to hate the group leader, I mean her only powers is making string around peoples neck just to make sure they don't betray her without dying, Other then that she lacks any real fighting powers and seeing her captured like that without any ability to defend herself is embarrassing.

Yota seems to be the only proper man in the group with only him and Clair fused with Shuichi being able to do anything that can help the group survived while the rest are just there to act as punching bags
Jun 3, 2020 12:42 PM

May 2020
This episode like some others is mediocre, lacking of something that the good episodes of Gleipnir have. I find the group to be kinda useless (Well Claire said they would be basically a Meatshield, and for now, they're being exactly what she said), I was curious about Yota's ability but I was kinda let down, he's strong but doesn't seem all that special. I still don't know what to feel about this show, but I hope something more interesting and *epic* will happen during the last 3 episodes.
P.S: Also what is up with the dubstep music during the fighting scenes?
Jun 3, 2020 10:49 PM

Mar 2008
I could almost respect a boss like that who punishes themselves for other's failures and doesn't put them down for it though that may just be an effect psychological manipulation tactic so maybe not.

Raptors0verlord said:
I'm starting to hate the group leader, I mean her only powers is making string around peoples neck just to make sure they don't betray her without dying, Other then that she lacks any real fighting powers and seeing her captured like that without any ability to defend herself is embarrassing.

Yota seems to be the only proper man in the group with only him and Clair fused with Shuichi being able to do anything that can help the group survived while the rest are just there to act as punching bags

It's useful in right circumstances. Say for example they were to capture someone question them and release them without worrying about them telling anyone else about it.
Jun 4, 2020 4:37 AM

Jul 2016
traed said:

It's useful in right circumstances. Say for example they were to capture someone question them and release them without worrying about them telling anyone else about it.

No , all that shows is her lack of faith in her teammates, To think that the enemy leader has more faith in his own team make her look much worse.
Jun 4, 2020 6:43 AM

Oct 2016
Yota's actually cool, and chill centipede man with the groping jeez.
Jun 4, 2020 5:44 PM

Mar 2008
Raptors0verlord said:
traed said:

No , all that shows is her lack of faith in her teammates, To think that the enemy leader has more faith in his own team make her look much worse.

Maybe but that's beside the point. I was explaining how it's not a totally useless ability.
Jun 5, 2020 6:32 AM

Jun 2013
Not gonna lie, I like Yota even though he's such a fuckboy. I think he's a good guy, much better than the telescope guy who's always pissing his pants.

Again, the manga was better in this part. However, it was nice seeing Yota in action.
臭い-
Jun 6, 2020 4:23 PM

Aug 2013
Yota is pretty damn strong.

The centipede guy was just creepy.

Jun 8, 2020 3:47 AM

Feb 2017
While Yota is strong, I thought he would be even stronger. He easily beat that centipede but against that guy he seems pretty useless.
Jun 8, 2020 5:39 AM

May 2016
They sure are in a big pinch and boss seems to have his eyes on Claire, the only hope I have
is for the big gangsta guy to show up without help they will die, I wouldn't be surprised if
actually few of them dies next episode.
Jun 14, 2020 4:32 AM

Oct 2013
Fresh watermelons! :P it was so random to switch so fast from quite peaceful watermelon picnic to the attack of perverted centipede guy. xD

Yota finally showed his abilities. He seems strong, but unfortunately not strong enough to face such powerful and dangerous enemies like that gorilla guy.
Jul 26, 2020 12:31 PM

Jul 2015
This enemy group are full of pieces of shit, must be crappy being in that team with everyone hating each other and a crazy teamleader who pulls out teeth for you if you mess up. Kinda expected Yota to have some unique kind of power, but just strength boost is also fine I guess...

Dec 28, 2020 11:06 PM

Apr 2020
Let me just say that the music in this episode is FUCKING AMAZING.

Combining trap with EDM and that DROP in the middle of a fight scene is rare in modern anime. I loved it, I really wished more animes like Gleipnir will adopt trap music well.
Jan 30, 2021 12:42 AM

Oct 2010
good action scenes, the group is not that used to fighting, only Yota and Shuichi did something, even the bear guy couldn't do a thing. Gorilla boss looks powerful, I was wondering what happened to the girl we saw against the boss a few episodes back, I though the anime skipped that but it was all for that crazy moment with the head, these yakuza guys sure use their heads to work out nice psychological tactics.
Gorilla goes to Shuichi for some reason, maybe he knows him, I expect fighting next episode too.
Apr 10, 2021 7:17 PM

Nov 2010
raiderublaze said:
Let me just say that the music in this episode is FUCKING AMAZING.

Combining trap with EDM and that DROP in the middle of a fight scene is rare in modern anime. I loved it, I really wished more animes like Gleipnir will adopt trap music well.

Totally agreed. The fight in this episode were so so, but they made good use of the OST and somehow it made the fight look cool. They got good taste in music.

Anyway, Morita's sexual assault on Koyonagi kind of turned me on. lmao

And damn, Yota is powerful but that boss is still on another level. Where the heck is Tadanori when you need him? Wasn't he looking for strong foes?
MizuhoKamuiApr 10, 2021 7:22 PM
Feb 7, 2022 3:35 AM
Jun 2013
well at least we got to see some of the strength of this guy to bad it meant nothing in the next fight. Also the crazy teeth dude seems to have some honor amongst psychos.
May 2, 2022 7:23 AM

Apr 2013
People love to uselessly stand around in this anime.
Oct 9, 2022 12:01 AM

Aug 2014
The villain boss is something. Taking his tooth to show emphaty to his subordinates
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
May 16, 2023 6:47 AM

Dec 2022
For some reason i just dislike Clair, I wanted that helmet girl to go inside Shuichi cuz they have more strength and prob woulda defeated that gorilla in a few punches.
Dec 4, 2023 7:11 AM

Nov 2023
That centipede dude sure looks scary
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2020

196 by BiggKab »»
Apr 5, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2020

93 by sapphiron22 »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:15 PM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2020

142 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2020

90 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2020

80 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.