Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 2, 2020 3:48 PM
Oct 2016
PixiePlopz said:
Iino is finally here bois. Damn, they're really adapting this show so well, might even be better than the original source, which was already gold. Each and every week, the episodes just get better and better.

Also, did anybody notice the monogatari reference? The scene with miyuki and chika having a conversation about campaign speeches?

Iino szn is here. adaptation with her introduction on point
May 2, 2020 3:51 PM
Sep 2018
Best episode so far... Happy to see Maki getting her VA
May 2, 2020 3:52 PM
Jul 2017
this is the hairstyle I always wanted to see on hayasaka.
Even with the new hairstyle in the manga, this one looks best in her.
Also, is hayasaka even human, she basically a superhuman machine. Is there anything that she can't do?
Also how depressed is she? Rather, how ragged does Kaguya run her that she has to watch hydraulic pressing videos?

Well of course I know the answers to them but still, it's fun trying to act as the narrator.

I was always waiting for this episode since I read the manga.
Also, I still don't see how osaragi is considered a beauty.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
May 2, 2020 4:26 PM

Apr 2015
Zeroghostxtitan said:
Best episode so far... Happy to see Maki getting her VA

She did show up in season 1 and had a speaking voice, check episode 2.
May 2, 2020 4:34 PM
Jul 2013
Hayasaka's game was strong, but easy to see through. Shirogane is not to be conquered in one day.
I find it a bit unnatural, how everyone in the academy seems to be rooting for President and Kaguya. I'm sure not just one of the girls wants him for herself.
LOL @shuchi_in_love_ambassador. I died when the live report came in.
Shirogane was almost at the breaking point. "Let's get out of here before they start to riot", what a letdown.
Chika hungry for praise as usual. She broke out from under Miko's spell tho.
May 2, 2020 5:22 PM

Oct 2015
It would have been fun seeing Hayasaka trying to seduce Miyuki for more time, something like a week at least. But poor Kaguya, it would have been to much for her haha
May 2, 2020 5:33 PM

Dec 2015
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/677820732398632961/706298663177027645/1.jpg seeing this pose and i was like, time to add some menacing kek
May 2, 2020 5:40 PM
Oct 2015
TsukuyomiREKT said:
How anyone finds this episode to be boring is beyond me, but contrarians will be contrarians I guess. 🤷‍♂️

ah there is one person like that in the comment above, he always looks for negative things in each kaguya episode every week, to the level where I always wait for his negative comments every week lol. I also see him always complaining in some Kaguya manga discussion forums. He must be a happy person, I don't know why he is still here just to suffer
ShiroHachiMay 2, 2020 5:45 PM
May 2, 2020 5:53 PM

Mar 2019
It's like they're challenging themselves to surpass each episode!
May 2, 2020 6:09 PM

Sep 2017
Once again a fantastic episode

Nice reference to Your lie in April in the third part !
May 2, 2020 6:14 PM

Jan 2020
Best girl hayasaka takes the stage lets goo!!!
May 2, 2020 6:18 PM

Feb 2018
Kmlshblr said:
Here are some Bakemonogatari references
Thanks for picture,. Lol.
May 2, 2020 6:23 PM

Aug 2008
operationvalkyri said:
This show makes such wonderful production choices. That 80s synth music when Shirogane invites Kaguya for a chat - wonderful!

Right? I was like: " I totally know that song!"
Turns out it is kind of their take on "You Spin Me Round" by Dead or Alive XD
The song is called Shippai (Failure) and is apparently in Kaguya's OST vol.2.
May 2, 2020 6:42 PM

Oct 2016
Hayasaka lies as naturally as she breathes. And that your lie in april reference though lmao this episode was amazing.
May 2, 2020 6:42 PM

Apr 2015
Amazing episode as usual!!

Kaguya challenging Hayasaka to make Miyuki fall for Hayasaka was a bold dare if you ask me! I do have to say that Hayasaka really shined through this whole episode, I already loved her a lot, but she's climbing to the top pretty quickly now!!! The voice acting is also top notch once again!!

She was damn adorable in every way possible!

It's kinda funny to see Hayasaka embarrassed for once!!!

The whole part of Miyuki wanting ask Kaguya to put her in charge of the campaign speeches was hilarious, the whole school was watching expecting a confession and I love that Chika just puts more oil on the fire without realizing it! XD

Miko Lino, she's going to be one to keep a close eye on!! She seems cute at first sight though, but there must be something more than meets the eye! Can't wait to find out!!
May 2, 2020 7:03 PM

Jan 2011
episode was cliche as fuck but that didn't take away from it being fun,liked seeing Hayasaka get super frustrated she was right she never said she could do it easily.

hopefully this new girl has some kind of neat weakness because adding in a strict to the books character that's just that seems odd at this point lol the boys couldn't make themselves look anymore smaller picking a fight with a first year
May 2, 2020 7:33 PM

Jan 2013
This different side of Hayasaka is so cute! She even likes to watch hydraulic press being used xD

And here i thought it was the day that something would happen between them...

I wonder if this new girl is really a threat for Shirogane...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 2, 2020 7:48 PM

Nov 2011
Anyone else get goosebumps when Kaguya went into Shirganes chest and said "Yes."? OMFG The scene itself was amazing #1 and #2 Kaguya's Voice Actress....OH MY GOODNESS! NAILED THE SCENE!

Great freaking episode!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 2, 2020 7:53 PM

Aug 2019
omfg Hayasaka you absolute sweet cinnamon roll, they gave you the spot light for like 15mins and you absolutely melted everyone's hearts. Act or not, that was the cutest shit to touch this planet and i hope best maid girl finds someone for herself, ending of that scene making me catch feelings with the tears and mini tantrum she did xd
Bruh how Shirogane didn't snap like a twig under all that pressure impresses me, my brain would of gone to slush in under a minute if i was thrown into that situation.

May 2, 2020 8:00 PM

Jan 2019
For someone so straight laced, Iino Miko brings exactly the kind of chaotic energy I crave.

Every episode just gets better and better- and with added bonus of the monogatari references, it can't seem to do any wrong.

I typically reserve 10/10s for beautiful anime that make me feel something (or an anime that affected my personal life), yet I can feel my heart yearning to give this a 10... guess we'll have to wait till the end of the season.
May 2, 2020 8:01 PM

Aug 2019
Kmlshblr said:

oh wow how the hell did i not notice that?
i got a weird sense of nostalgia after seeing that scene that kept bugging me like i'd seen something similar to it before XD God i feel so shameful calling myself a monogatari fan rn
nice find though bro!
May 2, 2020 8:35 PM

Feb 2019
They are adapting this so well. Even though I know what's going to go down, I still can't wait to see it!

The way they adapted these chapters were great, especially since I really loved these chapters. The 2nd part was really funny.

Finally, Iino's here! Can't wait to see the election arc go down. The election itself is probably going to be next week? That 3rd part was hilarious, especially how easily Chika was swayed to the other side lol.
May 2, 2020 8:44 PM

Jul 2016
Kinda interested in this Miko girl. There seems to be some people who don't like her character that much so now, I'm curious to know how she will fit into the cast's dynamic.

Overall, another highly enjoyable episode. Second part with the false love confession was easily my favorite moment. So much pressure put on Miyuki and the guy just wanted Kaguya to write his campaign speeches xD

P.S.: Interesting... haven't watched Monogatari Series at all yet I recognized how Shaft-like that Miyuki/Chika scene looked.
May 2, 2020 8:46 PM
Jul 2018
YuliaJue said:
operationvalkyri said:
This show makes such wonderful production choices. That 80s synth music when Shirogane invites Kaguya for a chat - wonderful!

Right? I was like: " I totally know that song!"
Turns out it is kind of their take on "You Spin Me Round" by Dead or Alive XD
The song is called Shippai (Failure) and is apparently in Kaguya's OST vol.2.

Thanks a lot for the link, YuliaJue! Didn't know the ost was out already.
May 2, 2020 9:12 PM
Apr 2019
I fell for Hayasaka reading the manga. And I fell for her again watching now.
May 2, 2020 9:15 PM
Apr 2019
Shirokuza said:
Kmlshblr said:
Thanks for picture,. Lol.
Lol, two of my favourite animes. I only noticed Araragi's hair reference.
May 2, 2020 9:16 PM

Nov 2007
The qualities of a great story

Make you laugh like an idiot √
Tear you up from the inside √
Make you feel utter despair √
Leave you heartbroken √
Bring smile from the bottom of your heart √ and
Lets you fall head over heels for the story and the characters. √

Kaguya-sama will be just that going forward. Episode 3 was just teasing.

Coming back to the episode: I really wanted to give a screencap of Hayasaka but I will just give the walking-breathing-personification-of-annoyance the screencap here! And her introduction also marks the start of the most amazing run of episodes! You guys should be f*cking hyped for this! :')

PixiePlopz said:
Also, did anybody notice the monogatari reference? The scene with miyuki and chika having a conversation about campaign speeches?

There has been a lot of monogatari references. Even Ishii's way of talking is similar to the great dai-senpai Ararararagi Koyomin!

_MushiRock11_ said:
Fantastic episode, like the usual services from this show really.

And finally, Iino Miko in the second half. First minute in, and I know she'll make for a great side character. Idolising Fujiwara though, she'll be in for a treat if she happens to somehow win I guess. Quite the bold assistant she's got too. I'm curious to see how the election will play out. I doubt the bad display and unreasonable conditions of the fliers will seal the deal just yet after all.

Correction: Iino Miko is one of the five main characters. She makes a great main character. Also, when you write Iino Miko, you read Iino<3. :P

FMmatron said:
And damn, didn't know Miko was a Chika fan. What a cultured girl, I approve.

That only thing about her that I don't approve. :P

townghost said:
Now, when Miko is introduced to the audience, I wonder what her weaknesses are... definitely a tough opponent for the Prez.

If only you saw the translation of the flyer she has been handing out, you would know her chances. :'D

Danielthebeast said:
what a masterpiece, best episode so far

The best episode starts from the next episode and it will be like that until the end of the season.

CrossBlack said:

Miko left me a really nice first impression, the fact that she was able to confront Miyuki was honestly surprising, loved her personality and how she was able to persuade Chika by praising her was hilarious.

WHAT?! You are the first person who said that! Iino<3 is much more than her first impression.
-----------------------------

Unrelated to the anime:

Manga readers:
Did you love the Hayasaka chapter adapted? particularly after what happened in the manga in the recent chapters.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 2, 2020 9:31 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shanimebib said:
_MushiRock11_ said:
Fantastic episode, like the usual services from this show really.

And finally, Iino Miko in the second half. First minute in, and I know she'll make for a great side character. Idolising Fujiwara though, she'll be in for a treat if she happens to somehow win I guess. Quite the bold assistant she's got too. I'm curious to see how the election will play out. I doubt the bad display and unreasonable conditions of the fliers will seal the deal just yet after all.

Correction: Iino Miko is one of the five main characters. She makes a great main character. Also, when you write Iino Miko, you read Iino<3. :P

Oh, is that so? I'm curious to see how that'll play out...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 2, 2020 9:43 PM

Sep 2017
finally the 2 best girls Hayasaka and Iino take the spotlight! but seeing hayasaka rejected tho... #justiceforhayasaka

damn this episode was hilarious
zalapenoMay 2, 2020 9:52 PM
May 2, 2020 9:45 PM

Nov 2007
_MushiRock11_ said:
shanimebib said:

Oh, is that so? I'm curious to see how that'll play out...

See? That's what @JizzyHitler's been saying all along. We finally get the complete main cast of characters. And now things will only get spicy with Chika having someone who truly appreciates her (other than, you know, the viewers/readers.)

Also, Maki<3! But we need a third season for her to become relevant iirc. T_T
Coronavirus.
May 2, 2020 9:52 PM

Jun 2013
People are calling Iino Miko annoying but honestly, if Kaguya wasn't a love interest for Shirogane and she was running for president, she most likely would be similar. The only reason Kaguya gets a pass is because she acts kawaii at times and has feelings for the protagonist, Shirogane. Personally, I think Iino Miko is adorable and is instantly one of my favorites.

It's about time they faced some rivalry. I haven't read the manga but I'm pretty sure Shirogane will win because of course, he's the fucking protagonist. Enough moments of Kaguya being jealous, the two of them having too much pride to admit their feelings and bullying Chika. I want to see some blood.
臭い-
May 2, 2020 9:57 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
@shanimebib Ah, cool. I'm looking forward to more now!

I don't hang around the forums all that much btw so I'd no idea that user was spreading the word.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 2, 2020 10:05 PM

Feb 2013
That was the perfect chance to confess, damn!
May 2, 2020 10:06 PM
Oct 2015
Bibimbapski said:
People are calling Iino Miko annoying but honestly, if Kaguya wasn't a love interest for Shirogane and she was running for president, she most likely would be similar. The only reason Kaguya gets a pass is because she acts kawaii at times and has feelings for the protagonist, Shirogane. Personally, I think Iino Miko is adorable and is instantly one of my favorites.

It's about time they faced some rivalry. I haven't read the manga but I'm pretty sure Shirogane will win because of course, he's the fucking protagonist. Enough moments of Kaguya being jealous, the two of them having too much pride to admit their feelings and bullying Chika. I want to see some blood.

Well, if Kaguya doesn't meet Shirogane, Kaguya might still be as cold as ice, you will never see the "dere" side of her except when she's sick. Kaguya became a fool because of her love for Shirogane. People call Iino annoying because of her stupid ideals, Kaguya doesn't have that kind of ideals, she would think logically to win the election
May 2, 2020 10:10 PM

Jan 2016
AdrianRubinsky said:
LOL @ campaign flier. Enforced hair styles and skirt sizes for students. Fujiwara should have look at Iino's promises before betraying Shirogane.

but chika destroys the flier at the end tho xD
May 2, 2020 10:21 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode as always XD
May 2, 2020 10:30 PM

Dec 2015
Finally! I waited so long to see Miko animated and it was worth it!
ParkroverMay 3, 2020 1:22 AM
May 2, 2020 11:09 PM

Jun 2013
ShiroHachi said:
Bibimbapski said:

Well, if Kaguya doesn't meet Shirogane, Kaguya might still be as cold as ice, you will never see the "dere" side of her except when she's sick. Kaguya became a fool because of her love for Shirogane. People call Iino annoying because of her stupid ideals, Kaguya doesn't have that kind of ideals, she would think logically to win the election

I said she would act similarly not the same. If Kaguya were running for president, people would find her annoying too for being an ice queen.
臭い-
May 2, 2020 11:37 PM
Apr 2020
Aniplex's translation/typesetting was less than spectacular. It actually hurt the episode. Completely ruined jokes and took away plot points. They didn't even bother translating the punchline of the last skit. Iino's poster was supposed to say this: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/451916527952723979/706198263677714432/unknown.png (credits to reddit user Algoinde).

Their non-existent typesetting even took away jokes like Hayasaka padding her chest (https://imgur.com/a/XFlXLGo)
May 2, 2020 11:39 PM

Jan 2010
Brilliant, season 2 has really jumped from a gag romantic comedy to something really precious!
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
May 2, 2020 11:47 PM

Nov 2007
Parkrover said:
Finally! I waited so long to see Miku animated and it was worth it!

It's Iino Miko (EE NO MEE KO) but you read Iino<3. You waited for so long that you even forgot her name.

@ShiroHachi: Iino<3's stupid ideals are still ideals that are borne from thinking good for the masses whether they are stupid or not.

@Bibimbapski: But that's the Kaguya of the past. Iino<3 of the pressent is Iino<3 of the present and she will grow.
Coronavirus.
May 3, 2020 12:07 AM

Mar 2019
What an episode! Love it!
This episode was so good. Felt like the episode ended with lightning spee. I can't wait for next.

And btw..

Hayasaka

May 3, 2020 12:19 AM

Feb 2014
Never knew Fujiwara was a piano prodigy. I thought all she was good for her bourgeois eating.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 3, 2020 12:33 AM

Dec 2012
In first glance, i thought disguised kaguya as karisawa erika in durarara lol
May 3, 2020 12:38 AM

Nov 2007
dasprn said:
Never knew Fujiwara was a piano prodigy. I thought all she was good for her bourgeois eating.

The anime should have adapted Ishii's famous line: How could you, Fujiwara-senpai? I thought you were one of us (meaning zero talent). I also missed the mouth grabbing Fujiwara allowing Iino<3 to praise her. Also, the Hayasaka bouncy boobs that were fake! Manga needs to be read.
Coronavirus.
May 3, 2020 12:49 AM
Dec 2019
shanimebib said:
Parkrover said:
Finally! I waited so long to see Miku animated and it was worth it!

It's Iino Miko (EE NO MEE KO) but you read Iino<3. You waited for so long that you even forgot her name.

@ShiroHachi: Iino<3's stupid ideals are still ideals that are borne from thinking good for the masses whether they are stupid or not.

@Bibimbapski: But that's the Kaguya of the past. Iino<3 of the pressent is Iino<3 of the present and she will grow.

Lino's stupid ideals are still stupid and there are people with better ideals and more prepared to be President. Have a good day!
May 3, 2020 1:31 AM
Apr 2018
Stanning Iino because she stans Fujiwara. Hehehe
May 3, 2020 1:53 AM

Jun 2015
Dude, how do they manage to get better with every episode? damn this show is something else...

Fantastic episode btw
ok :p
May 3, 2020 2:02 AM
Nov 2018
This is probably my favourite episode of the series
May 3, 2020 2:10 AM
Jul 2009
This anime heals you after the week.

No music, no life. Know music, know life. Thomas Carlyle
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

366 by Assassin2112 »»
May 2, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aoo-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

260 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 15, 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.