Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 28, 2020 1:50 PM

Aug 2017
I had low expectations after the first episode but now this is the first 5/5 of 2020 for an episode. They got approval!

It became one of the possible candidates to be my AOTS after this episode.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 28, 2020 8:21 PM

Jul 2016
The sense of immersion sure reached a whole new level this time. Not that I'm complaining tho. In fact, it was a great way to show how powerful the girls' short ended up being.

Fantastic episode. Considering the little time the girls had, the short was way better than expected. Of course, well deserved recognition to Midori and Tsubame but I honestly think that Kanamori's management decisions were what really made the difference in the end.
Jan 29, 2020 2:04 AM
Mar 2019
all three of them are great characters but kanamori is really something else ... she was the highlight of this episode for me ... fantastic episode ..
Jan 29, 2020 2:37 PM

Jul 2008
This is really good. I barely watch anime these days, but it's one of those shows that absolutely capitalises on its medium. I'm sure the manga is good, but this seems made to be animated. It's so creative and well done. I think the cast are a little lacking, but the production is enough to keep me going.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Jan 30, 2020 6:01 AM

Jul 2013
GOSH this episode was amazing!!! make me lowkey emotional to see the girls' finished product lol. i swear this the type of series that LITERALLY gets better with each episode... ep 1 i think i gave it a 7 (or 8), 2nd ep an 8, ep 3 i rated the show a 9 and now it's a solid 10/10 for me so far.

the last show i watched which wowed me this much was ping pong...
Jan 30, 2020 8:23 AM

Jul 2017
The anime film club is coming on ideas, but short on presentation on their short film project. Everyone, especially Kanamori, is concerned about quantity while upholding quality producing more with less.

It's clear that Asakusa has pretty much the background visuals cleared, but without a story, nothing goes on. On the meanwhile, Mizusaki and Kanamori try various dfferent ways, but adamancy and time isn't on their side, and with some compromises, they'd spend less time to test their visions and ideas that are coming into full circle.

But as is with any student council: no LEGIT ideas, no backing. Kanamori went the haphazard way, but Asakusa sure aced the argument with the preview of their short film. AND OHH MYYY GOODDD it was very, very, VERY SOLID! Nothing but praises for emitting a 4D-ish moment caricature between animation and the real world.

The Motion Pictures Club, APPROVED! Definitely a 5/5 episode!
Jan 30, 2020 8:32 AM
Dec 2018
This episode was really fun overall! The way the 3 members have they're own views on animation is really fun and like how they actually make compromises to make a product, instead of magically being able to do something perfect, it makes them even more likable, with an actual struggle. I really like the direction this show is going overall, i cant wait to see them triumph!
Jan 30, 2020 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
HAH! At 2:29 Mizusaki's bangs switched.

When she says "Number... four" and then her head turns a bit. But the entire direction of her bangs just go WHOOSH.
removed-userJan 30, 2020 9:31 AM
Jan 30, 2020 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
Fintan said:
poemofdevil said:

Really good episode, but yeah that's probably my main issue with the show at the moment. I love the visuals. I want to take it all in while learning all the technical animation process info but it feels like there's so much text in this show. It gets way too wordy and I'm often rewinding the show just to make sure I can appreciate each scene because I always feel like I miss stuff the first time when it just dumps a bunch of text on the screen.
Compared to other works by Yuusa like Tatami Galaxy this is nothing. Tatami Galaxy is in my top ten, but one of the undeniable issues with it is trying to appreciate the great artwork and fully take it in is practically impossible with how much dialogue there is. Also how fast it is spoken.

1:37 to 2:00. Mizusaki's dialogue kinda got on my nerves. Or, more-so, how it was decided that's what she should've said. All that explanation for how she (and most likely the others) were feeling felt kind of unnecessary. If only she could have marvelled at their work and expressed the idea of "seeing the final product for the first time" in a simpler manner. Because she's sorta being a Captain obvious, explaining things that don't need explained. Yanno? I'm glad someone else agreed with me.

But this is a fantastic anime. That's just a tiny critique we've got. Overall, I think we can agree that it's not that big of a deal.
removed-userFeb 16, 2020 1:44 PM
Jan 30, 2020 8:36 PM

Sep 2018
SUGOI!!! 3D Animation Movie! The student council meeting is really chaos and funny but congratulations Eizouken ! ❤️
Feb 1, 2020 1:13 PM

Sep 2012
really enjoyed this episode, especially when the audience are also getting immersed with that short film coming out to life. hands down to the film club
Feb 1, 2020 9:23 PM

Apr 2015
Another thing this does well is letting viewers drop in and really immerse in the world; we can all pretend we are as talented and creative as the girls in the show while this is on
Feb 1, 2020 9:39 PM

Nov 2019
Awesome 5/5 episode
I love how the film came out :)))
Feb 2, 2020 6:59 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode. Loved their short animation. It was pretty cool.

Kanamori was the boss, telling the student council of with.

Feb 2, 2020 9:17 AM

Oct 2018
Really good episode, amazing execution and they criticize their mistakes make it so much good.
Feb 2, 2020 2:44 PM

Oct 2016
Yeah, this is one of the best episodes.
I REALLY enjoyed it.
Significative and very important.
Feb 3, 2020 8:08 AM
Jan 2018
I still love how informative the series is with anime ,

And liking how we see the process of them making an anime and seeing the struggle and setbacks they have to endure and the compromises

As well as actually visually seeing the animated work etc

Also what's the whole anime coming life like we sore here is supposed to resemble

I also like how they talk about their work and what they need to fix
Mattinator95Feb 3, 2020 8:18 AM
Feb 4, 2020 6:40 PM
Feb 2020
So these 3 girls' mediocre short animation was so amazing and immersive to all these random people they had to show shit flying out of the screen to convey just how amazed and immersed they were? I'm not buying it.
Feb 6, 2020 2:41 PM

Nov 2016
Yeah, they got approved. And the girls deserved it after all the hard work and the stress of meeting the deadline.

Also loved how informative this was again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 7, 2020 10:29 AM

Mar 2016
a blecc gorl! i am so happy about this representation and it isn't just a gyaru :)

Feb 9, 2020 1:33 AM

Mar 2009
Episode was great. I loved the entire second half.
Feb 11, 2020 1:59 AM
Apr 2019
hey was that an SnK reference?
the lady was using something like Spider man or 3DMG gear 😂
Feb 15, 2020 1:54 AM

Oct 2019
THIS EPISODE WAS JUST..................WOW.
OH MY GOD.
THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF MY FAVOURITE ANIME EPISODES.
Feb 19, 2020 2:14 PM

Dec 2015
There was that part where they struggle to draw the smoke from the explosions, and Asakusa suggests to take a look at the work of their "forebears" to see how they did solve it.

That little detail was so impactful to me, it reminded me when I wanted to draw my own characters and I spent so much time studying how "real" artists dealt with things I found hard to draw, i.e. the folds on the clothes, or the muscles around the elbows... and I loved how she called these artists to take ideas from their "forebears", as if the passion for art and creativity is a torch that gets passed from generation to generation maybe without direct contact, but surely through the products of their love for the craft.

I think this show is really about the emotions and the passion involved in creating something, in having a strong inspiration and following it. It's not realistic at all in the technical details, but man they pinned down the urge to sit down and work on your dreams so much!
Feb 20, 2020 2:36 PM

Oct 2018
Don't complain how its done , watch the product.......
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 29, 2020 3:02 AM
Mar 2012
pretty amazing animation first draft/pv.
The processes & schedule compromises reminds me of stressful yet fun crunch times.
Previous episodes didn't quite catch interest fully, annoyed at parts, but this episode was great.
Mar 8, 2020 12:11 PM

Jun 2015
Approved!! Oh heck yes!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 20, 2020 3:00 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Nice! I'm a little late here because I've been busy, but even without that, I wasn't going to pick this up at first. After one of the things I planned to watch was kinda eh, I decided to give something else a go in its place. The first episode was great, but the last two episodes were a little hard to sit through. I thought this episode was the pay off. I'll definitely be staying.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 20, 2020 6:49 AM

Feb 2020
Welp, that's it, I love this show. The characters are great (I especially love Kanamori and Asakusa, but Mizusaki is great too), the animation is awesome, and the amount of dedication put in this show to make us understand the animators' struggles is amazing. It is crazy how we take animation for granted when so much work is put into it.
And Asakusa's speech to beg the council to give them a chance was very well-done. I love how behind the humor, there is an actual message reminding us about how everything produced, animes, movies, mangas, cartoons, books, and everything else, has come to existence through hardship, but also real passion.
This show is truly great, much better than what I expected when I watched the first episode.
Mar 22, 2020 4:35 PM

Mar 2016
as someone who wants to pursue the tedious work of animation.....this anime is rly helpful, refreshing, and inspiring. i love these girls and i loved this episode. science saru is rly making a name for themselves
Mar 23, 2020 3:53 PM
Feb 2017
That short animation looked so good, I wonder what their future projects will look with the new budget.
Apr 17, 2020 3:31 AM

Feb 2018
Another great episode.
May 5, 2020 6:01 PM

Feb 2012
Let's go !
They got approved !!!
honestly this is very unique and i like the chemistry between the main trio,
Especially between Asakusa and Mizusaki.
i went blind into that one and i can't say i'm not surprised in a good way.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Aug 18, 2020 5:06 AM

Jul 2015
Impressive first work for Eizouken. Never realised that there were that many ways to make an animation seem longer without adding too much stuff. Animating with a deadline seems pretty stressful, glad Mizuaki eventually agreed to Kanamori's realistic approach since this production was only meant to impress the budget commitee.

Nov 15, 2020 8:14 AM

Jul 2017
Best episode of the series so far, and by a long distance as well. I absolutely loved this one, whereas I had more mixed feelings for the others.

This episode at the beginning focused more on the aspect of quality vs time. Tsubame wants to do all hand-drawn animation to make the short look the best it can possibly be in every single detail of movement of the main character and the smoke in the background but when the time isn't there to do everything you planned on perfectly, you always have to compromise and cut corners somewhere to be able to complete the product while still doing a good enough job with the quality, that most people would be able to enjoy how it's animated nonetheless, despite the flaws. They're school girls too, not professional animators just yet and the lack of people working on it only makes it more understandable.

Hold that Machete Tight! was quite the invigorating short to say the least. I know how it feels to watch something and be so invested into the world that you feel those effects in real life subconsciously. In here, I love how the rowdy crowd were so into that short and how it looked from the main girl with the machete to the backgrounds of the world and the action, that the anime constantly showcased 'illusions' of the action being real. The fourth wall breaking to create illusions like that was spectacular to watch despite being a bit too overexaggerated at times. The crowd were wow'd and the girls deservedly got their society approved with funds.

One underrated aspect about this episode was not only about the short's quality, but about the cast themselves. I've had mediocre feelings about the cast so far, but this episode was really were I got to feel some sort of love and attachment to the cast and whatever they're doing. Midori's incredibly awkward when it comes to talking in public but despite that and her strong accent, she silenced the entire rowdy crowd and the Student Council and poured her heart out in terms of what they've done, and how they all should watch it instead of just complaining about everything before giving it a chance. They did work their asses off on this project so it's understandable. Kanamori also was presented well in this episode - she may not be as into anime as the other two, but in the behind the scenes action, she does really work hard and does a great job in keeping the other two in check and give constant advice so that they would be able to finish in time with good results at hand. Tsubame's constant desire for quality was also appreciated for me since it does show how much she cares about the medium, even if it hurts her a bit with cuts and sleepless nights. She's rich and a model and living a good enough life already on paper but her passion for anime rules over all, and boy she is dedicated to the craft while not being stubborn to quit the project if not everything goes her way. She's adaptable in that sense.
Feb 4, 2021 8:23 PM

Mar 2015
Another really nice episode, that short film was awesome!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 28, 2021 8:31 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, i'm impressed with their animation short! I can't believe that they were able to pull it off within a short amount of time. I can't wait to see what they can make now that they have funding
Jul 6, 2021 2:31 PM

May 2017
If mizusaki keep doing the same things than the girl in their anime , i hope they will try some fanservice anime 🤤
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Mar 25, 2022 10:39 AM

Jul 2021
Nah fr I'm genuinely impressed by this direction and it's one of the realistic portrayal of my life essentially
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 27, 2022 12:42 PM

Jan 2022
Best episode so far, loved the hwole thing and their short film at the end was really impressive
May 18, 2023 5:57 AM

Dec 2022
I’m interested in Kanamori’s role in the animation, is she supposed to be an example of how art direction goes in the anime industry considering how she’s giving the orders for what particular medium will be used for developing the product?
Sep 14, 2023 12:47 AM

Oct 2022
Damn hope they make more cool stuff.

Dec 25, 2023 1:03 PM

Apr 2022
Hold to your machetes while we get wowed. Film makers should take note of the it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2020

104 by eevee-trouble »»
May 4, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2020

264 by eevee-trouble »»
May 4, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2020

144 by Perrin4869 »»
Apr 22, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2020

76 by Kristiwazhere »»
Apr 11, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2020

100 by poguschampus »»
Apr 6, 5:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.