Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 8, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Developing new weapons hmm...

Seems the show is trying to make Sicily even more cuter this episode. And that ring...it feels like a stronger relationship is developing between her and Shin. So much teasing this episode.

I still wonder if anyone in the class can catch up to Shin's powers. He's so famous at his school now lol
Stark700May 8, 2019 8:40 AM
May 8, 2019 9:02 AM

Aug 2013
Shin is just too powerful.

Looks like war is about to break out.

May 8, 2019 9:17 AM

Oct 2017
I feel like Kenja no Mago is the only story I have seen where he tries to teach everyone on how to be as powerful as him. He by no means is OP just because of 'plot', but like grandpa said, he is great at visualizing. He knows how a lot of things work; like fire: heat -> fuel source with oxygen loaded into it. That's why I like the premise of this ever since I read the LN.
May 8, 2019 9:19 AM

Jan 2018
Poor Sicily I don't understand what's happening between her and Shin their relationship is too bizarre for me and I like it

dude is too op huh he is going to fight in the war
May 8, 2019 10:35 AM

Oct 2017
Sicily and Shins relation is so cute.The scene where he put the ring on her finger was so sweet.Well even thou they said he won't be fighting in the war im sure he will and we will get to see more of his op powers.
May 8, 2019 10:59 AM

Aug 2018
Seemed like they are at the edge of a war against the Empire, interesting.

But I mostly dedicate this episode to Sicily, she really looked cute with the part he offered her the ring.
May 8, 2019 11:50 AM

Jul 2016
It seems they really are gonna focus on the main couple in the anime(they added a lot of new stuff that wasn't even on the manga, but didn't show a really crucial development on the shipping, idk about the LN), and they skipped a lot of stuff from the side characters.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

May 8, 2019 11:52 AM

Jul 2016
Rongmario said:
I feel like Kenja no Mago is the only story I have seen where he tries to teach everyone on how to be as powerful as him. He by no means is OP just because of 'plot', but like grandpa said, he is great at visualizing. He knows how a lot of things work; like fire: heat -> fuel source with oxygen loaded into it. That's why I like the premise of this ever since I read the LN.

Yeah, it goes even beyond of what Tensei Shitara Slime did to power up his mates.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

May 8, 2019 11:53 AM
Apr 2019

Well deserved imo, this may look like a generic isekai at first.... but it's way more than that.
May 8, 2019 11:55 AM
Apr 2019
DooMWhite said:
Rongmario said:

Yeah, it goes even beyond of what Tensei Shitara Slime did to power up his mates.

ya, all he did was gave them and name and that was that. The thing about shin is he isn't some abnormal being that nobody could hope to match. He simply has more knowledge and practice than everyone else
May 8, 2019 12:00 PM
Jan 2018
elementex said:

Well deserved imo, this may look like a generic isekai at first.... but it's way more than that.

And it isn't a harem which is refreshing
May 8, 2019 12:04 PM

Jul 2016
elementex said:

If you liked the approach this show has, check the manga/ln out, they really focus on the distinctions this show has of other Isekais.

May 8, 2019 12:05 PM

Jul 2016
elementex said:
DooMWhite said:

ya, all he did was gave them and name and that was that. The thing about shin is he isn't some abnormal being that nobody could hope to match. He simply has more knowledge and practice than everyone else

At this point the anime didn't really come at what I'm talking about.

May 8, 2019 12:54 PM

Mar 2018
The episode starts with a girl peeing

10/10 would replay 3000 times over again
May 8, 2019 12:56 PM

Oct 2017
elementex said:

Yeah, though slime is really wholesome, the power system just isn't explored enough and talked about enough. I do believe we'll see more stuff in s2, but as for actual content for isekais I think Kenja no Mago is quite good.
May 8, 2019 1:36 PM
Apr 2019
Another thing I liked was how grandpa learned the teleport gate that Shin has. He knows that Shin doesn't like feeling alone with his powers and he was really happy that grandpa got it.
May 8, 2019 2:07 PM
Jan 2018
XD why did the episode start with her taking a piss 😂😂😂
May 8, 2019 2:15 PM
Jan 2018
Rongmario said:

Didn't I say to make my abilitys average does something similar with the teaching sort of
May 8, 2019 2:34 PM
Feb 2016
Guys, What is the problem with these bore transitions?!. They could make it better!
Anyway, the anime is still good o_o .
May 8, 2019 2:52 PM

Oct 2017
Mattinator95 said:

It started right after that, actually. She was flushing the toilet - probably for the first time in her life, lol.
May 8, 2019 3:46 PM

Feb 2019
Who the fuck thought that the beginning was a good idea?, I say I imagine them together "how do we start chapter 5?" and someone like that "what if we put a jet of water and one of the girls doing an agehao face and then left the bathroom drying her hands?" and then all "Approved"

God i now remembers because I hated these school anime everyone else in the group (boys) are extremely insipid and boring until I prefer that there are only girls who at least have a look nice.
May 8, 2019 5:23 PM

Oct 2015
uneventful episode, guess it was okay though. The only crucial part is looking forward to the upcoming war that is supposedly gonna break out.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 8, 2019 5:51 PM

Oct 2012
elementex said:

Isekai's seem to attract a large audience which is really what the poll is measuring. I don't dislike it but I hope it gets better. It still seems super generic to me. Ratings is a whole 'nother measurement. I looked at mine out of curiosity and it's tied for 14th on my list.
May 8, 2019 6:11 PM
Jul 2017
Omg he gift a ring to Sicily but still having no idea about how to treat with a girl in love lol
I'm waiting for the war scenes, hope it doesn't disappoint me.
May 8, 2019 6:30 PM

Jan 2011
why the fuck did this episode open up with her taking a piss? so random lol

so have they been implying our OP-kun isn't actually OP and simply more knowledgeable than everyone and that in which makes him op is actually achievable by anyone with proper teaching ,because it'd explain why theirs so many side characters that at first seem so pointless due to how much they can't keep up with our mc-kun.

sure i guess kenjo no

also nice it ant a harem really thought the red head would join in but shes full on support mode for the two and even if Sicily is super cute i just don't care about these two
May 8, 2019 6:55 PM
Feb 2009
starting off with a girl taking a piss how satisfying lol
May 8, 2019 7:14 PM
Mar 2017
What a fun and weird way to start this episode, Maria's face was the best of all and seeing the conversation between her and Melinda about the development of the relationship between Shin and Sicily was to have a good time, really sweet to know Shin is Sicily first love, how pure.

Maria and Sicily have no mercy with poor Olivia, they want all the juicy details for Sicily to put them into practice with Shin.
Shin is a soulless, how he could give Sicily hope to receive some kind of jewelry as a gift and the idiot ruined it by saying that he had no romantic intention, just seeing how nervous and happy Sicily was captivated me, but she looked very cute when she was depressed by Shin's insensitivity. Even so, it's good that Shin knew how to solve his mistake and he give Sicily a ring that will undoubtedly mean a lot to both of them.
The small doses of fanservice are very funny, Shin had a close encounter with Yuri's breasts.
Rin has become my favorite, her curiosity about Shin's magic is very funny and her wild side for experimenting with magic too, her new nick is so funny and she seems to like it.
Well, on the one hand war is coming and Strohm is behind this and no doubt what he has planned for the future has Shin as his main target.
I like the idea of ​​Shin in which he wants his classmates to raise their magical level, but Shin shows them the overwhelming power he possesses and they all looked very surprised and scared.
Merlin supports and helps Shin to feel normal, the old man did not know how to use "portal", but he learned to use it for Shin's sake.

I laughed a lot, when Shin mentions that he bought accessories for everyone and Olivia thinks that the boys will receive rings, their poses were so ridiculous and their faces of embarrassment made me laugh a good time.
Shin's declaration of protecting his friends by disobeying his grandparents moved me, to think that he was willing to go to war just to keep his friends safe was the example of a good friendship.

The end confirmed that the war will start at any moment and the troops of both empires are mobilized, I hope that Shin and his friends are not taken to war in a surprising way.
salbery755May 8, 2019 7:25 PM
May 8, 2019 9:55 PM
Jan 2016
Damn, poor Sicily, Shin raised her hopes about offering some jewelery and next he ruined it, but they relationships is turning even more cute, and the moment when Shin put the ring in her finger was so beautifull!

Now Shin decided to train his classmates more about magic, wow i could feel the pressure when Shin realeaded his magic!

Obvious Shin will go to batlefield to protect his friends!
May 9, 2019 12:30 AM

Oct 2015
dem slide transitions. I don't even think they're even trying to tell the story in a more interesting way. Everything just feels so plain. I guess it's still enjoyable to an extent
May 9, 2019 1:10 AM
Apr 2018
Mattinator95 said:
yeah bro i was like wtf am i watching an anime or a special kind of anime
May 9, 2019 3:28 AM

Dec 2011
I thought girls don't go to toilet.
May 9, 2019 5:28 AM

Feb 2011
Groenboys said:
The episode starts with a girl peeing

10/10 would replay 3000 times over again

Best moment of the episode and AOTS right here.
May 9, 2019 10:20 AM

May 2018
The only entertain part here was Maria having an orgasm about that bidet.
May 9, 2019 10:32 AM
Apr 2019
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
The only entertain part here was Maria having an orgasm about that bidet.

and everything else, but ya that was a highlight for sure along with shin and sizilien being cute
May 9, 2019 1:27 PM
Apr 2018
apparently,beside the konosuba villa, we get some JoJo references too :))
May 9, 2019 3:58 PM

Jan 2016
I actually find the reason for Shin being OP quiet good and interesting. This is more of a fantasy than an isekai but at the end of the day, he probably understands the principles behind magic because of everyday science we get taught in school. Which is an explanation that satisfies me.

Might just jump into the light novel after this is done because it's not nearly as bad as I thought that it was gonna be
May 9, 2019 4:06 PM

Oct 2008
Did Shin just realised and demonstrated his sheer extreme heavy Reiatsu!?!?

May 9, 2019 9:18 PM
Jan 2019
The Ship has sailed officially ❤️
May 9, 2019 9:48 PM

Jan 2011
At least Shin has the awareness to realize just what his friends were reacting to, and act quickly to repair his gaffe with Sicily.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 9, 2019 9:53 PM

Mar 2014
That fucking bidet scene ruined the entire episode WHY did they animate that it was like something from a hentai for fucks sake

Started to enjoy the episode once I forgot about that start
May 10, 2019 5:51 AM
Jan 2019
A funny episode 😂 ... and a little overwhelming
1. A war between the Kingdom and the Empire approaches. (It reminds me of Overlord)
2. Sicily I found it very funny when she thought that the ring that Shin was going to give her was to propose to her 😂. Those two make a nice couple.
3. Shin's concentrated magic is shocking.
4.The removable sword looks much cooler in the ending, I suppose it will be modified later for Shin.
5. "If they find themselves in danger, I will go to the battlefield." GREAT SHIN 👏.
May 10, 2019 12:40 PM

Feb 2007
What a way to start the episode... :D

That Zest guy clearly doesn't have his lord's best interests in mind.

Shin and Sicily really are an adorable couple, and the way they're still so new and lost at this only makes it nicer. ^_^

Good to see the king keep his promise so the rest of the country wouldn't try to use Shin in their own interest either. Although with the empire being played against them, he might still eventually need to intervene in the conflict, especially with Schtrom pulling the strings (which, while quite obvious, I did not actually expect to see revealed this quickly).

Easiest way to get someone to agree to excruciating training is to show them the power they need to and can gain through it. :D

Nice to see grandpa give Shin's students hope as well. ^_^

Something about that sword seems familiar... :D
May 11, 2019 1:17 AM

Aug 2016
... how did so many people get it wrong in this thread. She didn't pee, she went number 2 lol. The water was the bidet shooting up her butt.
May 11, 2019 7:57 PM

Jun 2015
well the toilet scene wasn't needed but okay
May 11, 2019 11:45 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly that first scene of Maria getting an orgasm from the toilet bidet was probably the best scene from this entire series so far.

I think this episode was just okay. We get it, Shin is OP and will probably wipe out their enemies single-handedly in the upcoming war. I don't mind him being OP but he has no charm, no redeeming qualities that make him likeable. He's like the MC o f a trashy harem who has all the girls fawning over him even though he's basic as fuck.

The animation and character designs are boring and generic. They are easily forgettable. I am hoping the upcoming episodes with the war will be interesting and will introduce new characters that will bring some life into the series. Honestly,I'm already tired with these good guys. they all look like generic regurgitated characters and none of them are probably going to struggle in this series. Schtrom is probably the only interesting character so far.
臭い-
May 12, 2019 1:33 AM

Dec 2014
well he is being used for military purposes...in one way or the other
May 12, 2019 9:44 PM
Jan 2019
Bidet, ring, war.
May 13, 2019 10:17 AM

Feb 2012
This main character is seriously shit. He's perfect in every way and it's awful.

The best thing this anime could do is turn super dark and show the horrors of war with him killing his way through thousands. Now that would be an anime worth watching.
May 13, 2019 12:30 PM

Jul 2015
Zei33 said:
This main character is seriously shit. He's perfect in every way and it's awful.

The best thing this anime could do is turn super dark and show the horrors of war with him killing his way through thousands. Now that would be an anime worth watching.

So he's another generic isekai protagonist. I'm surprised you seem surprised by this, do you watch a lot of isekai anime? Also that would be fun to watch...
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

279 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 22, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

107 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

129 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

120 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 9, 7:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.