Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 4:12 AM

Dec 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yuri's match was fucking amazing, can't wait to see him go up against Joe!

Joe isn't gonna use any gear? That's pretty dangerous considering he'll be going up against the best of the best.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 8, 2018 4:15 AM
May 2018
It must be funny to talk about a show as if still ongoing even though it has already ended.
Aug 8, 2018 7:41 AM

Feb 2013
He won't sell his match.
Aug 8, 2018 9:00 AM

Dec 2016
Damn bro, things went to shit fast, but holy shit I cannot wait to see Joe go fucking crazy in the ring. I’m hype as fuck
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 8, 2018 10:38 PM

May 2012
Really impressive episode again, and well I really do wonder if Joe will actually forcefully fail there. I personally don't want that but I do am interested to see what he'll do to make his own dream come true.

Either way looking forwards to see what's next.
Aug 9, 2018 10:22 AM

Sep 2011
So the real nature of the deal that Nanbu made with Fujimaki came to light. It makes sense and I should've seen it coming, poor Joe felt so betrayed and frustrated.

Sachio's past and circumstances came to light too, it's clear that being as big as the Shirato's conglomerate is, that it can't have its hands clean, but I'm glad Yukiko wasn't directly involved and she seems willing to make justice if she can help it. That scene where Nanbu gave a knife to the poor kid putting him on that kind of situation was pretty heavy, but at least one of them is safe for now.

I also loved the heart-to-heart talk between Yuuri and Joe. Joe just wants to go as far as he can, betting on his own fists. Yuuri on the other hand is grateful to the person that held out her hand to him, and just wants to pay her somehow. It seemed that Joe wasn't satisfied with his motives, but to each their own.

I don't see Joe forfeiting his match at all, but I also don't see Fujimaki crossing his arms and doing nothing about it, these last few episodes are going to be intense.
Aug 19, 2018 6:45 AM

Jun 2013
Damn, Nanbu drove Sachio to Shirato's place and even gave him a knife. I wonder if he would've stopped Sachio if he didn't hold himself back. Who would've thought that Sachio would stop himself after seeing some kids around his age, albeit richer kids who are citizens. Sachio is smart and knows that his ticket for 'revenge' lies within Joe. He has a bright future ahead of him, he's witty and resourceful.

Damn, Yuri ain't playin he knocked out Pepe quick.

I guess Sachio will live with Yukiko for a while, a family he wants to kill in revenge for his father's death.

Also I liked the talk between Yuri and Joe towards the end and comparing Nanbu to a scorpion.

臭い-
Dec 8, 2018 6:52 AM
Nov 2017
Joe urinating blood again. This cannot be any good.

Maybe Nanbu was testing Sachio by giving him the knife, or at least i hope so.

In a hispanic forum I saw a lot of people being annoyed because of José (Pepe) Iglesias' design, because he is a perfect Mexican stereotype. Since this anime has a lot of cameos and references, I did some research and found out that Tres Familias is a Mexican TV series. Still, I can't find if Spider is based in a real life person.
I like the fact that they actually hired foreigner voice actors to play those roles. I kind of got used to Engrish while trying to portray a foreign character in other series.
Blue_CrownDec 8, 2018 6:57 AM
Jan 17, 2019 8:53 AM

May 2016
Nanbu agreeing with the proposition of letting Joe throw his fight when he joins Megalonia to be able to procure an ID was scummy but it was the only way he could've registered him. It really sucks that he only found out about it now though. He's on a streak and his old man just comes in and tells him to throw everything away. Driving the kid and giving him the choice to take his revenge with his own hands wasn't very nice of him to do as well but he knew that he wouldn't go through with that at least.

As much as I enjoy Engrish, it always surprises and impresses me when they actually get someone who's fluent in different languages. It's funny that it took them years to make this giant stadium only for the first of the three possible fights lasting a little over 5 minutes kek

The scorpion stopped thinking for himself and started taking precautions to keep Sachio and Joe safe from the mafia boss and not caring about what happens to him afterwards anymore and that's a tough thing to do especially for him. It's awesome that Yukiko agreed to take in the kid and actually conducted an investigation to confront those who stole his father's plans and killed him afterwards. Joe and Yuri had a cool friendly talk for once and shared their reasons for fighting. He better get ready because he's gonna make sure that he be seeing him in the squared circle.

Mar 2, 2019 10:30 PM
Dec 2017
I really liked this episode! For a while, I wasn't sure what to think of Joe; he's cool, he's persistent...and I usually just couldn't think of a way to describe him. But now, I feel like I understand Joe's character more. Also, Yuri seems a bit more interesting. I liked to convo he had with Joe.

Oh yeah, I'm glad that Sachio made the right choice. It just wouldn't be right for a kid to have blood on their hands...especially not a kid like Sachio.
Sakurai_AoiMar 2, 2019 10:35 PM
May 17, 2019 5:45 PM

Oct 2012
This episode actually made me ship the dudes a little. They'd look cute together, taking care of that dog. Damn.
Sep 27, 2019 5:39 AM

Mar 2015
Hmm Sachio ain't any ordinary kid, it would seem!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 8, 2020 5:29 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Scary how Yuri is that good, we need a real fight between Joe and Yuri
Feb 21, 2021 1:49 PM

Jun 2019
Great to see that interaction b/w Joe and Yuri. It's gonna be an awesome match.
Mar 2, 2021 1:24 PM

May 2020
Cool episode. I wonder whether or not Joe is going to throw his next match.
Apr 3, 2021 5:33 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, that deal with Fujimaki sucks but it made sense, Nanbu didn't believe in Joe back then.

They got whole ass entrances in megalonia, that's fucking dope. I wanna see Joe get an entrance too. Bruh, Spider Pepe didn't stand a chance at all. Yuri beat his ass. That talk between Yuri and Joe was really great. I am sure Joe will not throw away the fight, how will they deal with Fujimaki though. Well, at least Sachio is safe in Shirato's hands.
Apr 5, 2021 10:47 AM

May 2018
Yuri boxing like the flash lol
May 11, 2021 11:47 PM

Aug 2018
Things got tense, but something will happen.
Good chapter
Jun 28, 2021 8:28 PM

Apr 2018
Always with the lame excuses not to fight, using joe.. Just for his debt. But it won't stop Joe from fighting Yuri. He'll do it for sure, even if it means his own death.
Yuri's match was amazing. The mexican spider tried way too hard in the first minutes of the match. That's why he lost, Yuri got serious and beat the shit out of him in just 2 punches.
3 episodes left for the first season, can't wait for the second season.
This was a fun ride, binged 10 episodes.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Feb 4, 2022 11:39 PM

Jun 2020
This was a good ep, I liked Joe's talk with Yuri a lot
DumbFeb 5, 2022 1:51 AM
Dec 7, 2023 3:51 PM
Jul 2017
back to rigging and some whack story about frogs and scorpions
Feb 26, 8:04 AM

Jul 2021
Better than the last episode. I kinda like Yuri his fight was pretty good aswell.

I feel Joe should be using gear at this point considering hes probably gonna fight Yuri.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megalo Box Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2018

254 by Alkimia »»
May 7, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Megalo Box Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

73 by Meritas »»
Mar 15, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Megalo Box Episode 12 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

24 by bubba460z »»
Feb 26, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Megalo Box Episode 11 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

24 by bubba460z »»
Feb 26, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Megalo Box Episode 9 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

28 by bubba460z »»
Feb 26, 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.