Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2017 3:44 PM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, that was one weird show.
I guess Malice got upgraded again and everyone is saved. Happy ending I guess.

Soundtrack: 8/10 (really, it was quite fitting)
4/10 (below average) It was... "different"...
Aug 24, 2019 6:53 AM

Jun 2013
Read 3lnathe's review for a good information. This is very intriguing. I like it.
Sep 29, 2020 12:19 PM

Feb 2020
Well, that was surprisingly good ! The atmosphere was very well-done, the characters very interesting, just like the story... There's a lot I haven't understood and I definitely don't feel like trying to analyse all this right now, but I'll most likely rewatch this show quite soon.
The animation also really grew on me, as I said before it has its own charm.
Overall that was a good experience, I really don't think it deserves such a low score (though I'm not really surprised by it).
Oct 28, 2020 6:47 PM
Oct 2018
lolololololololololololollollollololololloololooolollolol

This show is the absolute best kind of terrible. Anyone who doesn't score Malice Doll 10/10 is a pleb
Jun 18, 2021 3:26 PM

Jun 2019
My 106th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Mar 21, 2022 12:29 AM

Sep 2018
Couldn't care less about the underlying messages lol, 4/10 for jarring visuals and shock value.
Apr 9, 2022 11:34 PM
Nov 2018
what was this whole thing?
what was the message?
or there was no message?

maybe this was a metaphor for change?
like how change can be benefical for some and damaging for others
how different individuals adapt to change or fail to adapt to the change, something that can be seen in the girls transformations
some keeping their appearences, some having some disformities and some turning into aberrations like elsa

also, how change for the sake of change can be destructive and its something that should be considered and done by the individual
after serious thought not to follow some trend among peers or as a result of the influence of those same peers

or maybe not, i give this 7/10 for how intriguing was and how unique the concept is, how many other anime has robo sex dolls as main characters?
May 10, 2022 8:32 PM

May 2017
What in the fuck did I just watch? This was a very bizarre (and in a few parts disturbing) OVA. The plot was a bit difficult to follow, and I'm not sure what some of the imagery was trying to convey. The themes and concepts of humanity, life and change are very prevalent, and I think some parts (like the ending) are left to the viewer to interpret. Overall it's an undeniably weird and interesting anime. The somber atmosphere was especially good, it gave me some serious Texhnolyze vibes. Maybe I would have given it a higher score if the animation didn't look like it was straight out of a PS1 game cutscene. 6/10
Jun 11, 2022 11:13 PM

Jul 2016
Not sure if this was supposed to be a deep show about existentialism and mortality or just a discount hentai exploring the writer's weird BDSM fantasies...

Doris best doll, btw. Her design was beautiful and the fact of her becoming a nymphomaniac once Malice turned her into a human was... interesting, to say the least. Especially when she, as a literal sex doll, didn't seem very pleased with the idea of keep pleasuring their "masters" to begin with.
Jun 13, 2022 5:50 PM
Feb 2022
Un final raro, pero no me disgusto. Supongo que podemos creer que Malice por fin es libre.
No estuvo tan mal, y el CGI para su época es comprensible.
Jun 17, 2022 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
rodmanii said:
what was this whole thing?
what was the message?
or there was no message?

maybe this was a metaphor for change?
like how change can be benefical for some and damaging for others
how different individuals adapt to change or fail to adapt to the change, something that can be seen in the girls transformations
some keeping their appearences, some having some disformities and some turning into aberrations like elsa

also, how change for the sake of change can be destructive and its something that should be considered and done by the individual
after serious thought not to follow some trend among peers or as a result of the influence of those same peers

or maybe not, i give this 7/10 for how intriguing was and how unique the concept is, how many other anime has robo sex dolls as main characters?

Its themes were quite intertwined, but at the base level I think the show is about purpose, meaning, love, accepting your pain and fragility of being human. The cooling liquid that came out of Malice's eye was symbolic of how 'mechanic' it is to treat pain as a malfunction and merely something to be rid of, and not as a symptom of bigger underlying problems. The only function of Dolls was sexual consolation, who have later earned sentience and broke out of their hatches when it became so that they couldn't fulfill their functions. Then Malice later uses her 'kiss,' the same kiss with which she comforted her patrons, to give life to other robots, which only goes on to show how meaningful that kiss has become. I fell asleep halfway through the third episode though, so take my words with a grain of salt.
Sep 6, 2022 7:05 AM
Sep 24, 2022 2:50 PM

Feb 2015
This show was sad :(
Oct 28, 2022 9:03 AM
Jan 2021
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Couldn't care less about the underlying messages lol, 4/10 for jarring visuals and shock value.

Bruh it was made by 20 people only ....and they were inspired by some series to make this type of jarry movement and animation
Apr 5, 2023 1:39 PM
Dec 2022
Full of plot holes, quite pretentious, with a very ambiguous conclusion and general moral. (Or whatever message that it tries to give). In this ending Malice fulfills his dream again and prefers to be completely free and opts to a time reset so their friends can come back. Does this show us that the robots in some future may get to develop feelings? And the big flaw is that angel or whatever thing that makes the dreams of Malice come true, is never explained why was there neither explains whats was its purpose, he shows up just because of some allucinations of Malice and... nothing more? It was a completely casual appareance/arrival and it's never explained why, it's just there because yes.

4/10
atleast it's okay for a work that was made by 20 people.
AaronPvPApr 5, 2023 5:09 PM
lets all love lain.
Dec 22, 2023 8:36 AM

Jan 2017
It might be my favorite Konaka Chiaki work (I haven't seen that many to be fair). The PS1-tier animation may not look impressive at first glance, but it effectively emphasizes the eeriness and fits well with the unsettling atmosphere.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り

More topics from this board

» Wow

meneope - Jul 14, 2011

7 by Theo1899 »»
Aug 29, 2023 3:43 AM

Poll: » Malice@Doll Episode 2 Discussion

BurntJelly - Dec 3, 2017

2 by St0rmblade »»
May 7, 2021 1:23 PM

Poll: » Malice@Doll Episode 1 Discussion

BurntJelly - Dec 1, 2017

4 by St0rmblade »»
May 7, 2021 12:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.