Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2017 10:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And so this show is over....

A titanic battle to the end featuring the main cast. I had a chilling feeling when Nina tries to stop Charioce XVII by herself. It felt like this season's buildup led to that moment and the finale capitalized it.

We also got a clash between two dragons in a fierce battle. I was impressed by the stellar soundtrack they used for this episode as it highlights what a war is really like. Oh and it's nice to see Jean meeting Nina one more time. Seem all is well again in the aftermath. Nina and Charioce also had one of their dances similar to the ones in the past.

Overall, the series alright imo for me. Personally, I liked the previous season better. 7/10
Stark700Sep 29, 2017 10:21 AM
Sep 29, 2017 10:50 AM

Jul 2017
And of course Charioce lives and gets away with everything. On top of that he gets a happy ending with Nina. Speaking of Nina she of course ruins the one scene I was looking forward to. Why did Nina get to meet with Amira instead of Favaro? That decision kind of makes me salty. Regardless, decent ending all things considered. Especially since Kaisar and Rita can now be a happy zombie couple. My final score for this show is 3/10.
Sep 29, 2017 11:37 AM

Sep 2008
Well overall i liked the show but there were times i was disappointed in the anime. Il be honest i actually wanted a showdown with Bahamut and Nina. Still enjoying favaro smiling over Amira that was a cute moment. Well to me it was a good ending and hopefully no season 3. i dont mind ova but not another one since it wasnt as best as the first one with the action packed and battle scenes.
Delivery (^_^) set by Nate

Sep 29, 2017 11:40 AM

May 2014
Who ever wrote this season end ending, please beat that person up for me. The worst sequel since Tokyo Ghoul. It took everything that made first season good, removed it and added more of what made it bad...

Not to mention treatment of main cast of original. Everyone we did not care about got better ending than those we did care
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2017 11:42 AM

Dec 2014
Decent ending. Still kinda disapointed they neglected the whole " i still have tail " thing from last season and about Amira... but atleast that scene at the end give some hope for happy future for Favaro :) ... even that **** king got happy ending ( was hoping for his and Ninas death the whole scene :( ) ... overal it was nice show thanks to our Zombie girl and Favaro :) .
Sep 29, 2017 11:46 AM
May 2017
I really think this anime could have been a 10/10, if they followed Genesis properly. Make nina the MC was not a good choice even though she is a good character. Beside of the story, art music were greats and it was still very good.

8.5/10
Sep 29, 2017 11:49 AM

Nov 2012
Waited years for this sequel only for it to be shit,now that's some bullshit,can only blame the new writer for how this terrible this season was.

Probably give this season a 5/10,which compared to Genesis' high 8/low 9 really was a massive downgrade,as far as I'm concerned Genesis might as have never got a sequel.

The real tragedy in all this is probably the fact that Virgin Soul's first volume sold more than Genesis did total so if a third season was to happen it'd be more like Virgin Soul than Genesis.

Edit: On a positive note the only thing I can say I liked about this episode was Nina telling Favaro that Amira wishes him the best and him obviously getting emotional which was touching.
VanishingKiraSep 29, 2017 11:56 AM
Sep 29, 2017 11:55 AM
Jul 2016
Genesis does NOT have a sequel. It never got one. Don't you dare say otherwise.

Baiting for a season 3 of this crap??? Mappa, just don't...
Sep 29, 2017 11:59 AM

Sep 2011
Mouloxas said:
Genesis does NOT have a sequel. It never got one. Don't you dare say otherwise..
No one was saying there was a sequel, but boy do i want a season 2 one day, it'd be a blast to see favro and kaiser again.

This sequel was so fucking bad, i cant believe how it went from fine to an atrocity in such record time. It feels like some writer change happened in the last act where the new writer was angry at the previous so he intentionally made every wrong decision. I was torn between a 4 and 3 but this ending was bad enough to be a 3.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 29, 2017 11:59 AM

Apr 2014
Although it had some issues here and there. It still did the best it could to hold out on its own. Humans and Demons still have some bitterness/hatred towards each other, but willing to improve it. I do not know what is bound to happen later in the future for bahamut, but the way how it ended. It will not be the very end yet. Though things will never be the same should it come back. My score is around 5-6/10 or lower for me.
Sep 29, 2017 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
So disappointing...but hey, at least Bahamut didn't die...tbh i was hoping for him to just kill everyone at this point. The ending would have been better
Sep 29, 2017 12:05 PM

Aug 2013
Charioce survived and became a hero... -_-

Nina and Charioce managed to defeat Bahamut though from what Favaro said, Bahamut may still be alive. We got to see Amira for a bit.

Kaisar a zombie? Rita got herself the man she wanted. :D

This was above average for me. 6/10.

Sep 29, 2017 12:06 PM

Jun 2016
welp, i liked VS way more than genesis, so whatever, i will probably give it a 10/10

the final was beautifull, and im happy that charioce is alive
Sep 29, 2017 12:13 PM

Jun 2014
Well..........that happened. Not gonna lie, that final showdown against Bahamut was pretty anticlimactic. I mean, I know I couldn't expect them to use up a majority of the final episode to take him down but it feels like he was defeated as quickly as he arrived.

Looks like Charioce survived but lost the vision in his other eye, while Nina lost her voice, and now they got their happily ever after ending. I think it would have been better if they died tbh, and I'm not saying this because I disliked them (although at the same time, I didn't really care much for either one of them), I just genuinely think it would have had a greater impact.

Moving on to a more positive note, I liked the Amira cameo. I was hoping she would have some dialogue, but her simply showing up was nice and Favaro getting emotional over her message was touching. Also, they actually did the whole "reanimate Kaisar into a zombie" thing. I suggested that could happen in last week's thread, but I didn't think they'd do it. It was also good to get some closure with all of the other major characters.

Overall, this was a clear downgrade from the first season. I was hyped for this when it was first announced, and the first half of the season was pretty good. However, this turned into a forced romance story and the writing quality took a hit, which really showed in these final episodes. I think this finale by itself was decent, but getting here was messy.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 29, 2017 12:16 PM
Jul 2016
JizzyHitler said:
But boy do i want a season 2 one day, it'd be a blast to see favaro and kaiser again.

I'd love a short stories style anime revolving around bounty hunting with Favaro and zombie Kaisar tbh.
Sep 29, 2017 12:17 PM

Sep 2011
Hmmm... I might be missing something, but did anyone else think that this felt like the involvement of Nina and crew didn't actually make much of a difference to the end result of the story? If they hadn't been there, Charioce still would have sped up Bahamut's revival, then blasted its head off, and it still would have been only a temporary victory in the end.

You could argue that they did make the difference in the end because Kaisar prevented Jeanne and Azazel from killing Charioce before the weapon could be used, but that may not have mattered because the entire situation surrounding El/Mugaro would be different: it's a little hard to predict, but without the others, El may never have been found and killed and thus the gods and demons would not have been bold enough to attack, or maybe he was found by the kingdom and killed but Jeanne wouldn't have known (same result), or maybe he was found by the gods and lead the first failed assault on the kingdom but never ran away from the land of the gods and gotten killed (also same result). In that case, fewer people would have died pre-Bahamut because there was no final all-out assault on the kingdom, but on the other hand more people would have died from Bahamut's attack because the gods and demons would not have already been there to protect them, so it roughly evens out.

The main difference would be that maybe Charioce wouldn't have survived using the weapon without Nina, but there's no guarantee whether the next king would be better or worse. Idk, I'm kind of hoping someone has a good counter-argument...
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Sep 29, 2017 12:17 PM

Mar 2013
The moral of the story: Be a cruel monarch and you get the girl. Be a good mother and be shit on constantly.
Sep 29, 2017 12:22 PM

Sep 2011
Fipse said:
The moral of the story: Be a cruel monarch and you get the girl. Be a good mother and be shit on constantly.
Dont forget, true love is shallow and you should go the extra mile to always protect them even when they harm countless others.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 29, 2017 12:26 PM

Apr 2015
I've dropped this months ago but can someone tell me what happened to Azazel?
Sep 29, 2017 12:37 PM
Jul 2016
Raz1515 said:
I've dropped this months ago but can someone tell me what happened to Azazel?

Don't know when you've dropped this, i assume you have watched the first half of this season. Azazel is mainly ignored afterwards. With the exception of one episode where he has some very emotional interactions with Mugaro and the others plus one or two badass moments, you're not missing much. Azazel had all his best moments in the first 8 episodes.

And he's still alive.
Sep 29, 2017 12:52 PM

Jan 2009
Mugaro is officially dead
Nina is now mute because of her sacrifice
Charioce is now completely blind because of his sacrifice
Kaisar is now a zombie so him and Rita can be a zombie couple now
Jeanne is now living with the gods
and wow Bacchus is in love with my waifu Sofiel? lol
Amira and Bahamut are not yet dead
overall nice ending, lets see how the next season will be if there ever will be
Sep 29, 2017 12:58 PM

Jul 2014
5/10 All in all it felt like a waste.
The beginning was promising, as in darker action aimed at women with a political plot, but it degraded after ep 13.
I guess the three main results are Rita having a man now, Amira saying her wishes to Favaro through Nina and Charioce sitting on his throne less like an asshole.

Kaisar is the mvp. Telling a guy who is going to die that dying is not that bad in his light breath - what a kind heart! Damn. Looks like he got somewhat damaged when turned into a zombie.

It's sort of a strange ending for Charioce and Nina. I mean - what stops them from being properly together now? Why is Nina still iving a low life? Tho the show did at least some bitter notes right - they can't communicate in any way aside from touch now. That's a some price.
Seeing Charioce being emotional during the Dromos scene was fun. Couldn't we have this during the show?
They still can't show court life in a decent way. It's strange to see the "hero" king to be so alone and without help despite his disability. Actually it's entirely unclear why Charioce was left on throne or didn't get a lot of shit for his risky plan - he gravely endangered all and everyone after all. His plan looked like shit from the fact that they needed both angels and demons to hold the field, and the most powerful angels and demons at that too, tho maybe they planned to protect the city with the green magic initially, but then why hadn't humans prepared a lot more fresh green stone knights?

Charioce is such a sad guy and character. He wasn't given proper king life, wasn't given a proper personality. In the end we see him sitting listless and alone like a doll until Nina arrives to dance with him. Just a handsome dancing prop. He could've been so much more, if written better. (And where's honor for the black soldiers? Some statues at least? Dude?)

And nothing was done to explain just why Nina insisted so much on her relationship with him. It was actually ok for her to choose love over other stuff - she was a 17 y.o. girl and she wanted to date, not war or politics, she had kept her decisions personal for the most part too, so her runnig to the king's help could be a beautiful scene, something like a revolt of a neutral character. But we had to see why she valued that love so much for that to work. And personally I didn't. Sorta like I don't feel Favaro's being still so freshly in love with Amira, sorry.

Poor El ended up being swept under the rug.

The vocal epic parts of the ost were very good though, and maybe the whole scenes with Nina launching and Dromos activation were good too. And the last last dancing scene is very sweet, can't deny it.
deadoptimistSep 29, 2017 1:16 PM
Sep 29, 2017 1:00 PM

Jun 2015
Pretty good finale I guess. Charioce surviving and becoming a hero is stupid. Because of what he and Nina did, he's blind now and she can't talk anymore. Kaisar became a zombie. Got to see Amira for a bit. Favaro getting emotional over her message was heartwarming. Apparently Bahamut isn't dead. As for the show overall, it was average. The first season is much better. Favaro is a much better character than Nina. I really didn't like the romance. It was dumb. Nina has bad taste in men. 5/10
Sep 29, 2017 1:00 PM

Apr 2014
Wow what a garbage finale compared to what we got in Genesis. Sure it was predictable and had a lackluster second half but it was never remotely this bad like VS.

I mean it never even focused too much in the romance aspect and yet this scene from s1 blows away all of the so called romantic scenes between Cheerios and Nina.

Honestly I'll just pretend Virgin Soul never happened.

4/10
Z4KSep 29, 2017 1:04 PM
Sep 29, 2017 1:04 PM
Aug 2011
I've heard there was a director change in the middle of the process or sth like this. Can someone point me to more info on this? The first half or so of VS was even more to my liking then the original anime, but the rest of the show threw logic out of the window :/ The ending is as good as it could've been with all the illogical mess they've done in the previous episodes.
Sep 29, 2017 1:06 PM

Jan 2009
Favaro become a wise adviser this time asking Nina to choose between saving the world or her lover and Nina choose her lover Charioce while Favaro somehow regretted sacrificing his lover Amira to save the world
Sep 29, 2017 1:07 PM

Sep 2016
bahamut died just like that
super cannon recoil can easily be shared to prevent death lol
charioice get away with everything after he did bunch of shitty nonsense that has nothing to do with his plan and got happy ending
demon and human become peaceful after what human did to them lmao
rita turn kaisar into zombie, but El? or is it mindless zombie and rita just want sex doll? lol

they completley remove everything good from Genesis and add every worst thing possible. no fun adventure with action, no interesting character, shitty, bland protagonist that use her dick before her head first. bunch of super slow paced almost pointless episodes. too much shitty forced romance and drama between shitty protagonist and shitty villain. most interesting character, Favaro getting sidelined way too much.

this is one of the shittiest sequel ive ever watched. Eureka 7 Ao, Tales of Symphonia 2, Gundam Seed Destiny (still cool action at least), psycho pass, tokyo ghoul a

1/10 just because i really like the prequel and this pissed me off. what a way to ruin great series.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 29, 2017 1:16 PM

Aug 2012
I plan on giving this a 9/10 after the first 12 episodes, since then it has gone downhill and never rise back up. It has become so bad to the point where i don't even care about the characters anymore. The way they did Alessand's death was plain awkward.They even killed Kaisar too which leads me to hating this show more and more. Favaro didn't even get to meet Amira, battle with Bahamut was anticlimactic, the king is plain boring and the romance b/w Nina and Charice is cringy , it reminds me of Mereum x Komugi but MUCH MUCH worse and i hated the fact that it reminded me of such a masterpiece. Genesis' characters who were awesome are pushed to the sidelines in this show and all the virgin soul(new) characters are terrible, i liked Nina at first but she became boring after the forced relationship with the king. My complaints for the second half of this show are endless so, i'll just wrap up and give it a 6/10 only because the first half of the show was good.
Sep 29, 2017 1:17 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty eh finale, zombie Kaisar! Spooky.

This sequel had it's ups and downs and I definitely prefer Genesis tbh, Nina never grew on me as much as the duo Kaisar-Favaro did.
Sep 29, 2017 1:23 PM
Jun 2016
deadoptimist said:
5/10 All in all it felt like a waste.
The beginning was promising, as in darker action aimed at women with a political plot, but it degraded after ep 13.
I guess the three main results are Rita having a man now, Amira saying her wishes to Favaro through Nina and Charioce sitting on his throne less like an asshole.

Kaisar is the mvp. Telling a guy who is going to die that dying is not that bad in his light breath - what a kind heart! Damn. Looks like he got somewhat damaged when turned into a zombie.

It's sort of a strange ending for Charioce and Nina. I mean - what stops them from being properly together now? Why is Nina still iving a low life? Tho the show did at least some bitter notes right - they can't communicate in any way aside from touch now. That's a some price.
Seeing Charioce being emotional during the Dromos scene was fun. Couldn't we have this during the show?
They still can't show court life in a decent way. It's strange to see the "hero" king to be so alone and without help despite his disability. Actually it's entirely unclear why Charioce was left on throne or didn't get a lot of shit for his risky plan - he gravely endangered all and everyone after all. His plan looked like shit from the fact that they needed both angels and demons to hold the field, and the most powerful angels and demons at that too, tho maybe they planned to protect the city with the green magic initially, but then why hadn't humans prepared a lot more fresh green stone knights?

Charioce is such a sad guy and character. He wasn't given proper king life, wasn't given a proper personality. In the end we see him sitting listless and alone like a doll until Nina arrives to dance with him. Just a handsome dancing prop. He could've been so much more, if written better. (And where's honor for the black soldiers? Some statues at least? Dude?)

And nothing was done to explain just why Nina insisted so much on her relationship with him. It was actually ok for her to choose love over other stuff - she was a 17 y.o. girl and she wanted to date, not war or politics, she had kept her decisions personal for the most part too, so her runnig to the king's help could be a beautiful scene, something like a revolt of a neutral character. But we had to see why she valued that love so much for that to work. And personally I didn't. Sorta like I don't feel Favaro's being still so freshly in love with Amira, sorry.

Poor El ended up being swept under the rug.

The vocal epic parts of the ost were very good though, and maybe the whole scenes with Nina launching and Dromos activation were good too. And the last last dancing scene is very sweet, can't deny it.

I totally agree with all your points here. I read the threads here every week and boy, you guys with your bitching and calling the show shit and a train wreck are really exaggerating. Yes, Genesis was indeed better, but it still had its flaws. And calling Amira best girl when she was in reality annoying with all her crying as well. This show was still a hundred times better than all the harem light novel bull crap we get every season. I loved the first half, the second half wasn’t as good - but all the hate here and in the fandom was way too much. Calm down people.
Sep 29, 2017 1:30 PM

Dec 2014
I wish Kaisar didn't die. Having him return as a zombie feels even more disrespectful to his character than just killing him off the way they did.

What a shitty ending. 3/10
Sep 29, 2017 1:35 PM

Oct 2014
1/10 that was a waste of time
Sep 29, 2017 1:38 PM

Jan 2013
I really liked this season. And I guess there will be season 3. Also glad to see Amira. Like Favaro said, Bahamut probably isn't dead so we can see Amira in the future. A lot of things happened and it was boring somewhere but it's finished with no problem imo. I can give 8/10. Actually pretty high score but i think it deserves.
Sep 29, 2017 1:41 PM

Oct 2014
The ending is too freaking sweet tbh. Chris shouldn't have survived.
Sep 29, 2017 1:48 PM

Feb 2015
If there is a season 3 I hope to god they get a better writer.

Not a badseries but too many plot holes, poor story choices and overall bad writing. The series was beautifully made but lacked any adventure. Couldn't care less what happened to Charioce / Nina tbh

The romance aspect was poorly executed and dragged the series down. It certainly had its moments overall. The ending was anticlimactic as they spend to much time dicking around in the City.

7/10 should have been better
Sep 29, 2017 1:50 PM

Sep 2011
Z4k said:
Wow what a garbage finale compared to what we got in Genesis. Sure it was predictable and had a lackluster second half but it was never remotely this bad like VS.

I mean it never even focused too much in the romance aspect and yet this scene from s1 blows away all of the so called romantic scenes between Cheerios and Nina.

Honestly I'll just pretend Virgin Soul never happened.

4/10
I know right, this moment was so good because the romance wasnt shoved in your face, virgin soul was just fucking obnoxious with it.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 29, 2017 1:51 PM

Aug 2015
How did Charioce of all people get a happy ending? While others ended up either dying, losing their children while being the actual good guys.

I mean the show literally spent multiple episodes detailing all the terrible shit he has done and yet he comes out as an Hero only losing his eyesight. That must be one of the biggest "Go fuck yourself" writing i've seen.

The first halve of the show was actually pretty good but the second halve and it's conclusion just baffles me. It's like there were 2 different writers and the second one hated the first so fucked everything the first one set up to do.

And the long awaited reunion between Amira and Favaro doesn't even happen instead it's Nina that meets her.

I mean this so named king did all this shit to kill Bahamut for good but instead he did the exact same thing Favaro did and that is temporarily stop him.

He made Demons slaves and mass killed them for his personal gain. And now suddenly all demons and humans are like friends? What?

What a dissapointing sequel, loved the original but this is the biggest fuck you to fans.
Sep 29, 2017 1:59 PM

Jan 2016
This could have been alot better, but I still liked it alot. The writing was the main problem, and to be honest I found Nina when she wasn't speaking alot more adorable.

I for one though thought that the ending was great, satisfying and gives us hope for a season 3 for those who want one. This was also an anime that wasn't afraid of killing off people which I liked. It made it more memorable. I see alot of dissapointing fans and I can understand that, but I still loved this season.

The first season was to short but awesome in all the other ways. This wasn't a sequel liked everybody hoped for but it was good for what it was. There wasn't the sense of adventure in this season like the first, but this focused alot more on politics.

8/10
Sep 29, 2017 2:05 PM

Jul 2014
IceOfDarkness said:
I wish Kaisar didn't die. Having him return as a zombie feels even more disrespectful to his character than just killing him off the way they did.

What a shitty ending. 3/10

Yeah, that scene where he tells to Charioce (addressing him as "your majesty" - still a knight!) that dying is peaceful was so powerful, that they should've had the decency to properly die after that.

But then Charioce dying would've been indeed boring with all that foreshadowing.
Sep 29, 2017 2:12 PM
Apr 2016
Amazing continuation (or a conclusion?) to the story that came out of a mobile game(?). I am glad there are no grudges left, and well Kaisar, it is always nice to have you back, even as a zombie. He still retains his blue eyes. For ever, until the end.
Bahamut seems to be a universal tool of making up with each other and then having to ruin it again and again from time immemorial. Whatever it is, this series has set a very high plank for anyone making original series based of games, which is a decent thing. Might even get continuation one day, though the ending felt more or less completed by itself.

And from this side too, thank you very much.
Re:formed
Sep 29, 2017 2:12 PM

Dec 2013
What an incredibly disappointing ending to an even more disappointing show overall.

It's unfortunate that the most awful characters in this series are the ones that got their happy ending. No surprise there though I guess. This writer has had a massive hard on for this sad, and poorly executed excuse of a Cinderella story.

A few good takeaways from the ending is that Kaiser still "lives"(lol). Jeanne, Azazel, and Favaro are getting far away from 2 particular morons. One the aforementioned morons can no longer speak, and has subsequently had her annoying factor reduced exponentially (thank the heavens). Lastly, with Bahamut potentially still being alive, there's a chance that Amira can come back as well.

In the event that this series ever gets a 3rd season, please keep the writer from this season far the fuck away from it. Please.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Sep 29, 2017 2:18 PM
Jan 2016
If Bahamut is still alive than Charioce in the end did all of this for nothing
Sep 29, 2017 2:20 PM

Sep 2015
And here I thought what final epic plan Charioce has to slain the Bahamut for good, in the end Bahamut's soul live and just slow it for another decades.
Sep 29, 2017 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
Kaiser's death and Favaro's moments(in this episode) left me tears abit that how much I missed the first season's magical show!

So afterall Kaiser really died... but i don't know if I am really sad now at the time of writing this because DAT LAST SCENE WAS DARN HILARIOUS(credit goes to Rita). I didn't knew she would go that far XD Also nice to see Favaro's mood back (in case season 3 comes)

Anyway=> About this show.. well I was truly dissapointed. Not only it lost the magic of the first season, but too many clinches that can't be removed no matter what! First of all, that king- whom I thought was the perfect/complete version of Chrollo(hxh) could be on another universe during first 15-18 episode until his motive was revealed, which was seriously weird! I mean why he didn't told Kaiser during that scene at episode 4 and even arrested favaro and killed so many demons at the beginning. Jenne was also became annoying for me. I thought she was great character on the first season but somehow the writers tweeked her too much :\

Overall, 7 out of 10 from me. I do think this show left better as standalone show and is best to watch without having watch the first season.

I think if there is third season, then it possibly will be a movie format. I personally do not hope to see any further continuation...
Sep 29, 2017 2:22 PM
Aug 2017

What Amira really said to Nina: "Don't worry, I'll destroy you and Chari boy next season."
Sep 29, 2017 2:25 PM

Jul 2017
SEA-MASTER said:

That's exactly the implication. Favaro literally states after the credits that Bahamut isn't dead.
Sep 29, 2017 2:26 PM
Apr 2016
SEA-MASTER said:

Not quite, everyone is friends now. Demons and humans finally coexist, angels are left alone and do not go raining fireballs upon the believers. Everyone has once again strenghtened their bonds after all those years since the "Genesis". In the end, all the sacrifice led the "Anatea" become a better place, like it never was. But the threat is still out there, so the heroes continue on their journey to preserve the peace achieved through such struggle.
People have to look past that one dimension on their screens. It is responsible to do so.
Re:formed
Sep 29, 2017 2:27 PM

Aug 2014
worst ending ever 4/10
Sep 29, 2017 2:30 PM

Dec 2015
Last episode was nice. A bit much in 1 episode (destroying Bahamut and then the "aftershow") but they handled it well.

Overall the studio did a great job. Nice atmosphere, music, action, battles - most of the time. I liked how they could make episodes/scenes of totally different mood which always fit together somehow (not disturbing the atmosphere).

Even in the end the scene with Rita and Sophiel and Bacchus was nice and fun.

I'd say 8.5 - giving a 9/10. There wasn't any other one that could compete with this that ended this season. (Others still airing also aren't that good.)

Only problem I had was with Allesand and his treason. And the death scene. Liked to see him die in a pathetic way. But that used way too much screen time that would have been needed at the end to better show the battle against Bahamut and stuff.

(Suddenly gods and demons seemed to stop fighting against humans and their weapon . They must have guessed the plan and that interfering could have led to a worse result. Maybe a bit more talking and screentime would have been nice there.)

Also they should not have killed Kaisar. An important char. Nina can substitute for Favaro. (Should have killed him instead.) Favaro dead is a huge loss and I doubt the zombie could be as good as him. Still nice to see him loyal until end ha ha.

With Bahamut not really destroyed (which was hinted) a 3rd season could happen. Cygames seem to have tons of money. But I guess it would take some years until then with this season being 2-cour and just having ended.
Sep 29, 2017 2:32 PM

Feb 2012
Well that was pretty tragic, the King and Nina ended up as a couple (I presume?) but he can't see her, and she can't talk to him.

Really triggered how they disrespected Kaiser so much this season, he was my favorite male character, and they even ended up killing him, I was so pissed during this episode how nobody mentioned him or went to his grave, not even Favaro. After credits scene gave me some relief when I saw him with Rita. I guess the rest of them don't know she revived him as a zombie yet.

However you look at it, its a disappointing season compared to the first one. Especially some really dumb decisions Nina made to save the King guy. I guess the old saying "love makes you blind" pretty much sums up this season.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

99 by latght »»
Dec 12, 2023 4:06 PM

» When does this epic series return?

NexCore - Apr 7, 2022

8 by GraviticF7L »»
Oct 7, 2023 7:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

112 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 21, 2023 3:45 PM

» A Question..

L-Lawliet7 - Feb 9, 2023

2 by Aotfangirl »»
Feb 15, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2017

123 by GavrocheN7 »»
Aug 17, 2022 3:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.