Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kobato.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 9, 2010 6:09 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 9, 2010 5:10 PM

Apr 2009
There's things to like about this episode..
But everything felt predictable.

Waiting for hours + rain = fainting after last sentence
Mar 9, 2010 7:44 PM

Feb 2010
She can't eat? Could she have angelic traits after all? She is clearly female though, and Clamp angels (like Kohaku) are genderless.
Ku ku ku~
Mar 9, 2010 7:57 PM

Mar 2009
tsubasalover said:
"The twins family are trying to make Kobato feel better from the close down of kindergarten, and invited her for dinner. Kobato cannot eat? Didn't know that."

noooo. she said she didn't want to eat because she wasn't in the mood, because she was sad from the nursery closing- DUH. gosh.

and his names Okiura, not ogiura, geez.
Ouran12Mar 9, 2010 8:01 PM
Mar 9, 2010 7:58 PM

Feb 2008
mushy mushy mush. it was a fairly ok episode but its almost over.
Mar 9, 2010 8:33 PM

Dec 2008
Ouran12 said:
tsubasalover said:
"The twins family are trying to make Kobato feel better from the close down of kindergarten, and invited her for dinner. Kobato cannot eat? Didn't know that."

noooo. she said she didn't want to eat because she wasn't in the mood, because she was sad from the nursery closing- DUH. gosh.

Actually, I got the impression that Kobato meant she couldn't physically eat because she's not human oO;; When she said she couldn't eat, Ioryogi had the "don't blow your cover, idiot!" expression, and Kobato nearly clarified something but stopped herself before actually saying anything. Also, have we seen her eat? I actually can't remember.

Anyway, I agree that it was, again, pretty predictable, sappy shoujo stuff. Nice episode and I'm glad we got some tension and whatnot, but yeah...still predictable. I also don't know how realistic it is for Sayaka to go back with Okiura. I mean, the guy is still tearing down your beloved nursery! Would you really be so quick to forgive him and love him?
Mar 9, 2010 9:26 PM

Nov 2007
Ouran12 said:
tsubasalover said:

I understand that you would think Kobato "didn't want to eat because she wasn't in the mood, because she was sad from the nursery closing" because that's what Chitose (and most of people) thought, too. But I kind of predicted what CLAMP were setting Kobato to be, like Aeteria said.

As for Okiura/Ogiura, I thought I heard Ogiura, so I wrote Ogiura. Thanks for the correction.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 9, 2010 11:56 PM

Nov 2008
gg- "You should feel bad if you're still watching this."

Yes... Yes I do.

Predictable, meh-ish episode. Sucks to be Fujimarshmallow though.
Mar 10, 2010 12:50 AM

Dec 2008
This was pretty predictable. ._.;
Yet...
it made my eyes all watery. ;_;
Im just a sucker for anything romancy...>_>;

Next episode seems to be more interesting though. Just how many farewells are we gunna see? x3
One day, I'll get a cool sig. x3 Untill then...
Heres prussia...taking over your vital regions:

Mar 10, 2010 2:00 AM

Apr 2008
BEST. ANIME. EVER.

Mar 10, 2010 2:46 AM

Aug 2008
maybe kobato used to be a pigeon maybe that's why she keeps on wearing clothes with bird pattern on it XD i also heard that Kobato means white dove ?

any way i thought this ep was kind of sad ....& Kobato really needs to hurry up & gather more ...candies ? can't believe it's only 3 eps more & that's it .
click me plz
Mar 10, 2010 2:52 AM
Jun 2008
I want to see Okiura's father.
Mar 10, 2010 3:04 AM

Dec 2007
gloryfy said:

SHOCKING PLOT DEVELOPMENT.
Mar 10, 2010 5:01 AM

Mar 2008
Chenoan said:
gloryfy said:

I could defs see that.

As for the place Kobato wants to go to, I have a feeling the last episode will have Kobato having trouble choosing between Earth Fujimoto and 'Otherworld Fujimoto' (assuming the memory part from last episode was real and not some red herring.
Mar 10, 2010 5:43 AM

Aug 2009
Predictable indeed yet very sweet and quite heart-breaking episode.

Next episode, "Day of Farewells." So, Kobato can't eat.. I wonder though, can't eat anything or can't eat human food? Oh well, 3 episodes to go. Hoping for a quite satisfying end.
Mar 10, 2010 6:05 AM

Apr 2008
pretty sweet episode ...

Mar 10, 2010 8:03 AM

Jul 2009
unicorna said:
maybe kobato used to be a pigeon maybe that's why she keeps on wearing clothes with bird pattern on it XD i also heard that Kobato means white dove ?

any way i thought this ep was kind of sad ....& Kobato really needs to hurry up & gather more ...candies ? can't believe it's only 3 eps more & that's it .

if Kobato means white dove then maybe she was. I like to over think things so maybe it's just me. What if she was a white dove and was prob saved by Fujimoto or something in the past. I could see it happening. From the memory flash thing it looks like she was looking up at him. Anyways I just can't wait to find out what the hell she is :3
Mar 10, 2010 8:50 AM

Nov 2008
Does anyone know the title of the song played when Sayaka ran after Okiura and when Ioryogi looked out of the window at the very end?
I listened through all titles of the OST already but none of them matches. >.<

ontopic: very nice episode. Sure it was somewhat predictable but this episode just felt very powerful (in an emotional way) can't describe it well.
Mar 10, 2010 8:56 AM

Dec 2007
DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAMTIC.
Mar 10, 2010 9:12 AM

May 2008
Chenoan said:
gloryfy said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Hey it could happen.

But I'm glad Okiura and Sayaka sort of got back together <3 Lovely episode. Kobato just keeps getting better and better.

Mar 10, 2010 9:28 AM

Feb 2009
Chenoan said:
gloryfy said:

LMAO. xDDD

Man, this episode was cute! I'm glad that Sayaka and Okiura are working things out between them. Now we just need some fujibato! <3 I can't believe there's only 3 episodes...hoping there will be another season if this one has some sort of cliffhanger...

Also, Okiura is HOT. ;)
Mar 10, 2010 10:01 AM

Jun 2009
eki_chan said:
I wonder why no1 took of kobatos hat when she was sleeping XD ?
and why was Kiyokazu sad?

I thought the same thing! xD Jeez, normal people would take it off before putting her into a bed xD
I think Fujimoto is sad 'cause he has had a crush on Sayaka for a loooooong time, but now he doesn't realize yet it's more like family caring thing and he's more into Kobato, I guess. Perhaps in the next episode there will be some scenes like "Fujimoto got dumped or sth and Kobato wants to heal him" xD Then when Kobato will be going away he realizes he wants her stay and whole crap like last scene and he runs after her when she's about to go away? I'm guessing right now.

I loved this episode ^^ Well, I love whole Kobato thing xD And about the OST, I like that song - "Ashita kuru hi" - very much, so I don't mind listening to it for past 21 episodes xPP

MallyMalMal said:
Chenoan said:
gloryfy said:

LMAO. xDDD

Man, this episode was cute! I'm glad that Sayaka and Okiura are working things out between them. Now we just need some fujibato! <3 I can't believe there's only 3 episodes...hoping there will be another season if this one has some sort of cliffhanger...

Also, Okiura is HOT. ;)

I like the picture ^^
And YES, Okiura IS hot xD
Mar 10, 2010 10:36 AM

Jul 2008
eki_chan said:
I wonder why no1 took of kobatos hat when she was sleeping XD ?
and why was Kiyokazu sad?

He wants a piece of that Sayaka ass.
Mar 10, 2010 1:32 PM

Aug 2008
What an ultra lame episode. The only thing that wasn't predictable was that she ended up loosing the nursery. Too bad no one really ended up being bothered by that in the end. So after all this set up and raising the stakes, Kobato walks away with two confetti. It just felt like a huge let down. The last three episodes must be about Kobato and Fujimoto, and how some kind of love between them is deus ex machina.
Mar 10, 2010 1:34 PM
Feb 2010
Aw, Kobato<3 :c I can't believe it's almost over.
Only three more episodes..
:<
Mar 10, 2010 1:42 PM

May 2008
This episode was realy dramatic sweet xD

but take of this Hat already ! XD
I want to know what Kobato is in the end~
can´t wait >_<
Mar 10, 2010 2:48 PM

Nov 2008
So the Nursery is officially shut down...
I see a problem...
What if Sayaka and Okuira don't hug like that in the manga and it ends a little badly, lol...
It is not so good because they may do things that won't work out with the manga.
Lol like what if they make Kobato leave, and in the manga she stays or something...? And what if the Nursery stays open? Bad moves here...

GOOD EPI! I CRIED~
Who was healed? Sayaka or Fujimoto?
I think Sayaka.

-Ending: Spring is starting! :o Wasn't the deadline end of spring? :o
littlemitsukiMar 10, 2010 2:51 PM
Mar 10, 2010 3:11 PM

Nov 2008
noteDhero said:
What an ultra lame episode. The only thing that wasn't predictable was that she ended up loosing the nursery. Too bad no one really ended up being bothered by that in the end. So after all this set up and raising the stakes, Kobato walks away with two confetti. It just felt like a huge let down. The last three episodes must be about Kobato and Fujimoto, and how some kind of love between them is deus ex machina.
Thought I was the only one who thought this.
Mar 10, 2010 3:17 PM

Dec 2007
I enjoyed this episode as it was cute and nice. I’m glad to see Sayaka and Okuira together at the end. The last three episodes will probably be about Kobato and Fujimoto, and I am looking forward to it.
Mar 10, 2010 7:18 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:

I was disappointed in the fact that everyone was like 'oh lets just give up because what's his name was just trying to protect Sayaka out of love'. What a BS episode.

I'm under the impression that if Kobato doesn't get the required confetti she'll just become a real human and lose the memory's she had of when she was in the spirit world (IE. she wont remember Ioryogi or her wish). As for her not eating/showering..etc I thought that went hand and hand with people from the spirit world that are tasked with collecting confetti. At least that was the impression I got in episode 4 when people started pointing out that she didn't eat or shower and her clothes seemed to always be the same.
Mar 11, 2010 12:10 AM

Aug 2008
What a nice episode :)

Although I thought it was weird that Sayaka could try to embrace Okiura that easily. Even if she did finally understand that Okiura was doing it for her sake, she still acted like such a pushover.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 11, 2010 2:16 AM

Nov 2007
What's with Fujimotot having a changed of heart? First, he hates Okiura, and now, he wants Sayaka and Okiura to be together!? The shocked of losing the nursery must have been too much for him..

Well, I for one found this episode to be enjoyable. Also, yo guys, this is a shoujo anime. So yeah, expect shoujo-stuff in here. <.<

Mar 11, 2010 7:52 AM

Aug 2008
There is a difference between a shoujo doing shoujo stuff while feeling fresh, and a shoujo doing shoujo stuff while feeling stale. Kimi ni Todoke and Skip Beat are the former, Kobato is the latter. Even Yumeiro Patissere manages to at least go up the middle and not feel totally trite all the time.
Mar 11, 2010 11:19 AM

Apr 2009
Sayaka and Okiura are a handsome couple. But poor Fujimoto. I feel bad for him. You can tell he pines after her. ): But that's what Kobato is for. ;)
Mar 11, 2010 11:23 AM

Apr 2009
Chenoan said:
gloryfy said:

XD Bahaha, if only.
Mar 11, 2010 11:37 AM

Oct 2007
Is Skip Beat a shoujo? I thought it was a shounen.

So nobody give a damn about the Nursery at the end and why bother with it to begin with if they only care about love? Oh yeah the power of love... wait, aren't we watching a show about Kobato collecting confetti to fulfill her wish? What am I watching again?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 11, 2010 12:25 PM

Aug 2008
It's undeniably shoujo. But it definitely does have a shounen approach to plot and character development. That's why it felt so refreshing.
Mar 12, 2010 12:42 AM

May 2008
Sherr said:
There's things to like about this episode..
But everything felt predictable.

Waiting for hours + rain = fainting after last sentence

I agree to that ^^

but still it was very nice episode, didnt expect that arc
Mar 12, 2010 11:49 AM

Jun 2008
I don't care if things were too good to be true, it was fantastic! I LURVE KOBATO. I got really teary eyed when Sayaka ran after Okiura, she looks like the type of character that needs to be held and protected 24/7 with all the shits she's been through. Poor Fujibato but I'm glad he took it like a man, at least he has Kobato. Can't get better than that here.

<333333
Mar 12, 2010 4:49 PM

Sep 2009
Well I enjoyed the episode....despite some predictability. Still waiting for Kobato's hat to come off...
Mar 12, 2010 7:08 PM

Dec 2007
saxophone15 said:
Well I enjoyed the episode....despite some predictability. Still waiting for Kobato's hat to come off...

I would laugh so very hard if her hat came off and it just hid her hat hair.
Mar 12, 2010 7:08 PM

Sep 2008
I think Kobato is probably an angel because she said she can't eat food. I remember in Wish, Kohaku couldn't eat either because it would be the equivalent to taking a life or something, so she could only eat milk and honey (which are by-products of animals).

And the white dove thing? I could totally see that, because she does wear stuff with birds on it AND the jar of Confeito has that bird-thing on the top. I wonder if Kobato has wings on her head or something... It would make sense if she was a bird. XD
Mar 13, 2010 2:20 PM

Apr 2008
Here I was thinking the show couldn't get any worse. It did......... FML.
Mar 13, 2010 2:35 PM

Mar 2010
Ouran12 said:
tsubasalover said:

You REALLLYY Don't have to be so mean. So what if people misunderstood things? That does NOT give you the right to put them down.

Anyways, I was so happy at the end..I cried! I can't wait to see what happens in ep 22, and i really wanna see Okiura's father~
Mar 13, 2010 3:19 PM

Jan 2010
I loved the episode.
But, more than that, I want to see the wish she wants to make! >.<
Mar 13, 2010 5:31 PM

Mar 2010
nicoliolipoli said:
I loved the episode.
But, more than that, I want to see the wish she wants to make! >.<

Oh yeah..Me too! Its so interesting to think about where she wants to go.. Oh, do you know if it stops at ep 24, the series that is, or if it keeps going?^^;
Mar 13, 2010 6:39 PM

Apr 2009
LOL Fujimarshmallow.
Awww.
Mar 13, 2010 11:30 PM

Mar 2010
ReiLuvsChii said:
Here I was thinking the show couldn't get any worse. It did......... FML.

Worse? You think it a bad show? How?
Mar 14, 2010 9:08 AM
Mar 14, 2010 2:14 PM

Mar 2010
Tell me what makes it bad.
Nothing. It's good.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

236 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 29, 5:18 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 2, 2010

115 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 26, 12:24 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kappaka - Oct 6, 2009

237 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 6, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Kobato Episode 23

KingSunWukong - Dec 12, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:18 PM

» Hanato Kobato is an example of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Kiryotsu - Oct 22, 2023

0 by Kiryotsu »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.