Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kobato.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 3, 2010 7:41 PM

Sep 2008
I loved this ep!! ^.^ First filler that I don't mind :)

Was that a neko ear in the shadow of Kobato's hat? When Fai was checking to see if it was safe with Mocona?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2010 7:47 PM

Aug 2009
I knew Tsubasa ended like that just for crossovers like this :P
Mar 3, 2010 9:42 PM

Aug 2009
A whole lotta why, this episode. WHY. WHY. WHY.

bubbleboy352 said:
soooooooooooo, was anyone else expecting Fai to randomly scream "PASTA!" or raise a white flag at some point?

+100000000

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Mar 3, 2010 11:26 PM

Apr 2008
When will CLAMP leave Tsubasa alone? Shit was awkward. I never knew Fai sounded so... gay. I've only read the manga sooo... :X His voice was irritating.
four more episodes. I can do this...
Mar 4, 2010 2:31 AM

Jul 2007
Thalandor46 said:
I do love me some crossover, I'm just...kinda confused. They've clearly shown that this Kobato takes place in the same world as xxxHolic, right? Just thought for sure that Yuuko would be involved. It's been a while since I stopped following Tsubasa and Holic though, so maybe that wouldnt make sense in the given timeline...

This episode also reminded me of what I dislike about the current direction of the show. Kobato does not strike me as someone who is capable of romantic love. Does she love Fujimoto? Absolutely! Just as much as she loves Sayaka, Chitose, Doumoto, and every other character in the show. Now that they're trying to push her romantically towards Fujimoto, it just feels really weird. I'd much rather see them use the limited air time remaining to give us a solid conclusion about the mysteries surrounding Kobato, not pushing some forced relationship that I can't get behind.

kira-factor said:
Great episode, I love the Tsubasa Chronicle mix with Kobato :D Wish Sakura was with the, but it would have been odd with Sakura and Kobato in a way :P

Figures Fai would right away figure out who and what Kobato is, makes me even more curious now :D Mokona was so cute in this episode :)

Seems like Kobato is finally realizing her feelings for Fugimoto, and looks like Iyorogi is noticing but perhapes not liking it.
Either way the story seems to be moving nicely, only 4 eps left to go sadly, hope they're as good as this one ^^

Oh yes, I also liked the new ending :)

metal-rainbow said:
Fai's eyes blue.
This means that Tokyo did not go either, and still did not vampire Fai.
would love to see sakura and Syoran so cute

;)

ITs after the end of trc manga but before end of xxxholic manga.

Neither Sakura nor Yuuko would make sense there, considering on what happened in awesome manga ending of trc ;]

-----------------

As for episode - Have since long dropped this shitty anime. Watched this for crossover only.

Typical filler episode in an anime that should not have existed.

1/5
Mar 4, 2010 3:03 AM

Sep 2008
Fai said:

Neither Sakura nor Yuuko would make sense there, considering on what happened in awesome manga ending of trc ;]

-----------------

Didn't I mention that earlier?
Post #14
TO ALL TRC FANS!!

In case you guys didn't realize/notice, this TRC crossover was taken place after the epilogue (the last) chapter of TRC manga!! Proof? Here!!

Mar 4, 2010 3:31 AM

Jul 2007
ShoutaAzuma said:
Fai said:

-----------------

Didn't I mention that earlier?
Post #14
TO ALL TRC FANS!!

In case you guys didn't realize/notice, this TRC crossover was taken place after the epilogue (the last) chapter of TRC manga!! Proof? Here!!

Yes and no one cares, chill and gtfo.
Mar 4, 2010 4:50 AM

Sep 2008
Having TRC characters in Kobato is awesome!

I love the new ED too... features some nice artwork of Kobato.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Mar 4, 2010 5:50 AM

Aug 2008
i really want to know what did Fai see on her head & who is Kobato Or maybe what is ?
click me plz
Mar 4, 2010 10:14 AM

Aug 2007
Of all 20 episodes this was my fav: Fye Shaoran, Kurrogane and Mokona!!!

1. this happens after the original end of tsubasa manga
2. Sakura is still waiting of Shaoran
3. This was a sorprise
Mar 4, 2010 10:48 AM

Mar 2008
SYAORANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3

Fai is awesome too!!! Ah all of them are pure love <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2010 2:25 PM

Mar 2009
maybe kobato is a fallen angel who had her memory wiped because she possibly fell in love with a human ?
or maybe she's just the sakura of that world ?

idk, just a theory :P
Mar 4, 2010 3:01 PM

Jul 2007
Ouran12 said:
maybe kobato is a fallen angel who had her memory wiped because she possibly fell in love with a human ?
or maybe she's just the sakura of that world ?

idk, just a theory :P

Sakura of that world is ccs sakura as ccs, kobato, x and xxxholic happen in the same world. ;)
Mar 4, 2010 5:35 PM

Apr 2009
Yes, finally! Realization! Maybe? Sort of. The Tsubasa Chronicles mix was nice too, as Syaoran is a cute kid. ^w^

Chucky said:
This ep was pretty swinging. xD

XD I love your pun right there.
Mar 4, 2010 11:32 PM

Nov 2007
Lol, Ioryogi and Mokona makes a great comedy duo.

As I said, this anime is going up hill. I want to see the ending, I heard that even CLAMP was touched.

Mar 5, 2010 12:11 AM
Jul 2009
ReiLuvsChii said:
When will CLAMP leave Tsubasa alone? Shit was awkward. I never knew Fai sounded so... gay. I've only read the manga sooo... :X His voice was irritating.
four more episodes. I can do this...

You haven't seen the Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations OVA's, have you? <_<

Oh, and by the way, Namikawa-san also voices Ginsei.
Mar 5, 2010 2:23 AM

Aug 2009
ReiLuvsChii said:
I never knew Fai sounded so... gay. His voice was irritating.

QFT
God, that voice creeped me out...
Mar 5, 2010 4:50 PM

Aug 2008
Wish I knew why there was some Italy in my Kobato...

Anyways, this is probably the best episode the show has to offer, and that's not saying much. For once, I didn't feel like the jokes were terribly bad, and Li and the other two (apparently from TRC) livened up the show in a way it hadn't been before.

Also....why a new ending now?
Mar 6, 2010 7:15 AM

Jun 2009
Guys, stop complaining about cross-overs 'cause it's absolutely normal for CLAMP and many of us love that part of their art ^^

Gosh, I can't wait to know what is Kobato exactly! Loved this episode - Fai-sama, Kurogane-sama, Shaoran-sama and Mokona-chan were so awesome!
It's quite irritating though that it's completely different from manga (I mean how the story is going...) but surprisingly it's equally good so I can't complain much about it.
Waitin' for more cross-over and revelation of Kobato's mystery ^^
noteDhero said:
Also....why a new ending now?
Yeah... why now? Well, lyrics are absolutely connected very much with the anime, so maybe it contains some answers?

And whoa... There really IS something about her hats :O
Neko-himeMar 6, 2010 7:26 AM
Mar 6, 2010 3:10 PM

Nov 2009
I knew i was in for crappy ride since i have the TRC manga on my to read list. Thankfully i have seen all the OVA's. I remembered they were in the previous when they finally showed up XD. Plus i had to skip the forums or else be further spoiled. >.>
Except for the crossover nothing else really happened. We get Kobato imagining Fugimoto or someone like him playing the same OST we've been hearing for 20 episodes. (Still like it but like i posted last episode would be nice for a new one.)
Really anxious to see what Kobato is, mostly because it is the only thing keeping me interested.
Mar 6, 2010 3:24 PM

Nov 2008
I really should watch Tsubasa Chronicles. (The first season is on-hold right now, ahaha~) I loled @ Ioryogi and Kurogane having the same voice actor. XD;

Fujimoto smiled a lot in this episode. o__O It was sooo.... awkward? He was sad in the last episode, and then this episode he's all cheerful. I'm not saying that I don't like it, in fact I love it, but that was a quick change of events. :]

I'm kinda confused with the person that looked like Fujimoto in Kobato's flashback. x____X

And the ED is awesome like the last one. :)

Nonetheless, another awesome episode. Seems that the next episode will go into the plot more.

Edit: And I don't get why Fai looked at Kobato's hat. XD;
Silver_ribbonsMar 6, 2010 3:32 PM
Mar 6, 2010 3:29 PM

Oct 2009
kya... Tsubasa chronicle = syaoran,fai,kurogane,mokona arrived in Kobato world... i suprised at firsr saw this episode.. and...

Kobato face similiar to sakura-hime.. when fai looks at her . fai maybe recognize that...

hm... hope tsubasa chronicles will be make to third season and TRC manga already end though... kya.. Clamp the bezt... Clamp anime is related... like..
Tsubasa chronicles - XXX holic - and now Kobato... Loved it..!!!

Mar 6, 2010 4:39 PM

Jul 2007
Silver_ribbons said:
I really should watch Tsubasa Chronicles. (The first season is on-hold right now, ahaha~) I loled @ Ioryogi and Kurogane having the same voice actor. XD;

NO you should not.

You should read the manga.

TC anime had nothing to do with these characters as this cross over happeneed after the end of trc manga and well, Tc anime follows the manga VEEEEERY LOOOSELY and ends before the second half of manga. ;)
Mar 6, 2010 7:53 PM

May 2007
This episode made me realize how much I miss Tsubasa characters. ;____________;
Fai... Kurorin... Syaoran... ;_____; I love youuu~ I miss youuu so much. ;;

Mar 6, 2010 10:32 PM

Dec 2007
lol, Tsubasa Chronicle. It was enjoyable episode. There are four epiosdes left, so either it will end with a nice ending or left the story open to lead for a second season.
gameoffreak8Mar 6, 2010 10:59 PM
Mar 7, 2010 2:01 AM

Apr 2009
Dropped this at episode 5, and came back only to watch this episode for TRC. I guess it only provides additional closure to the end of the TRC manga, though I almost fear a slice of life sequel to it... Syaoran is shorter than Kobato...
Mar 7, 2010 3:05 PM

Oct 2007
I am rather interesting in what Kobato is going to decide between her feeling or her goal.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 7, 2010 5:05 PM

Apr 2009
LAKDFLAKDFLAKDLFKADFKLAIEFLAF;AFI'OAEJFI'JDF'
THOSE 4.
Mar 7, 2010 11:09 PM

Mar 2009
Crap. That creepy bunny is back. Every time he appears, something bad happens. O_O!

Seriously, villain of the show. By the time Kobato is over, he might be more evil than Johan from Monster and Griffith from Berserk, combined.
Mar 8, 2010 3:32 PM

Dec 2008
My take on Fai noting Kobato's hat is because he knows what she is. It's been stated that Kobato cannot be without some piece of headgear, so I took this to mean this is a part of what she is; so, when Fai noticed the headpiece (plus his magical intuition to know everything, lol), he put two and two together and figured that Kobato wasn't human and so would not be freaked out to see Mokona talk. This was further verified when Ioryogi came along.

Overall, though, I enjoyed the episode, even though the plot didn't progress all that much. Still, I'm getting a sense of urgency and inner conflict that has been gradually building. I get the feeling that Kobato will have to choose between the relationships she's developed in this world and her wish to go to "that place", and her conversation with Syaoran really stressed that. And then the Evil Bunny of Doom further stressed the urgency of Kobato's situation, and Ioryogi will really put on the pressure. If I remember right, his punishment will be over if he can help Kobato fulfill her wish; but if not, he'll remain in his current form. So, really, I'm happy with the direction this anime has taken. It's just a shame it only started to go uphill near the end rather than right off the bat =/

My only gripe with this episode was the FujiBato moments. Could they be any more demeaning towards Kobato? If some person put their hand on my head, as if they were my parent or grandparent, I'd be offended. Or is this something they do in Japan? o_O;
Mar 10, 2010 2:22 AM

Jun 2008
Haha, Fujimoto has to be out of character for me to like Fujibato at all. (I'm still not fully sold...I ship Dobato!D: )

Wow, the inevitable Tsubasa crossover was actually funny! That was a surprise, I thought it'd annoy me. I have a soft spot for lame seiyuu jokes. And Mokona and Fai are awesome.
MokonaxIoryogi OTP!XD
Ffff, Fai's voice sounds so much like Italy. I've only ever heard him dubbed, so that was interesting (and I prefer both Fai and Mokona's dub voices...i've only seen three episodes of TRC and can't remember Syaoran and Kurogane's voices, though.)

Fai said:

NO you should not.

You should read the manga.

TC anime had nothing to do with these characters as this cross over happeneed after the end of trc manga and well, Tc anime follows the manga VEEEEERY LOOOSELY and ends before the second half of manga. ;)

Maybe they don't want to read the manga because it's so damn long and the spoilers make it sound so confusing? Like me? The way you described the anime appeals to me far more than the manga D:
Mar 13, 2010 5:04 AM
Nov 2008
HOMEGE BISHIE KUROGANE,FAI AND SYAORAN !!!.....omg...that guy looked like Fujimoto..O_o..omg....Fujimoto smiled in this one...OMG...4 more episodes...damn it!
Mar 18, 2010 1:38 AM

Sep 2008
... Syaoran! :D

Not really going to guess at anything else. But argh, Fai knew what Kobato was the second he saw her... I want to know too. D< Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Mar 25, 2010 3:21 PM

Sep 2009
Great episode! And I loved the new ending too!

Mokona lives!
Mar 29, 2010 6:15 AM

Aug 2009
What the fuck is this? Who are those time traveler dudes? I can't relate at all since I haven't seen this TRC or Chronicles or something. I guess I need to watch that in order to enjoy this episode in its fulllest.

Anyways this episode was cute since it focused about Valentine's day. I loved how Kobato looked at Fujimoto when the children asked her who's the person she's going to give her chocolates to. I guess it's Fujimoto. :D

What really bugged me was that rabbit and the place that Kobato wants to go to. There was a guy playing a piano. The fuck was that? Was that Fujimoto? So, Kobato wants to go to Fujimoto's place? The heck? Also, the bottle isn't full yet and there's only 4 episodes left! I wonder what will happen.
Apr 6, 2010 6:36 AM

Aug 2007
Somehow Fujimoto reminds me of Clow Reed, if we're starting to connect things. He has long hair and glasses as well. Ah well. I hate the bunny. Loved to see the Tsubasa group in their new clothes and of course, Mokona as well! Mokona and Ioryogi, huh.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Apr 7, 2010 9:10 AM

Feb 2009
>o<
No wai! Clow Reed? Well, they do seem similar. So that would mean Kobato's the one he wants to bring back to life. Oh, and it's said that Kobato's not human. So she probably came from heavens and the quest she's doing, the place she wants to go, is the world where Clow Reed is, because she wants to stop him! But... people from different worlds share same name. And the theory got destroyed.
Apr 19, 2010 11:08 PM

Oct 2007
OMGWTFBBQ I SHAT BRICKS when I saw them appearing in this show Chupacabra.
Apr 22, 2010 7:00 PM

Dec 2008
I had this anime on hold, but quickly went to watch this episode as soon as I learned that there was a TRC crossover. I think I flipped out even more when I saw how this all takes place AFTER the events of TRC. I can't seem to properly contain my happiness!~ :D *insert girly squeal*

I skimmed through the posts, to people who are going to watch Tsubasa Chronicle - please don't D:!! Read the manga. So much better :3!

*happily skips off*
Jul 12, 2010 1:49 AM

Aug 2009
As I haven't watched TRC, the cameos don't exactly mean anything to me xD Except... Namikawa Daisuke's cute voice is so adorable! Almost makes me want to actually watch the series or something.

Another four episodes to go, this anime is taking me forever to watch.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 28, 2010 4:57 PM

Nov 2007
TSUBASA CHRONICLE YUSSSSSSS >8D that was win!

Oct 12, 2010 10:57 AM

Feb 2010
I really loved this episode! The syaoran-group actually (finally!) came to this world :o
but if it's the same world as Yuuko-san's shop, couldn't they just visit the shop? were they unaware of this or is it a different world?

also love the new ending! <3

it wasn't totally unexpected though that Kobato and Fujimoto have feelings for each other.... am I the only one who noticed it?
Dec 31, 2010 2:44 PM

Jul 2009
i think there were minor spoilers for me since i have barely watch tsubasa chronicles though i already finished the first 2 seasons of holic and it's summer movie so im good with the watanuki cameo ^^

Tsubasa looks nice ^^ i didn't realize kobata would have holic and tsuaba guest appearance O_O

SomaHeirDec 31, 2010 3:05 PM
Mar 4, 2011 11:38 PM

Aug 2010
Fay!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh how I love him. : ) Although I watched all of Tsubasa dubbed, so I was really missing their English VAs in this episode.

I noticed that Fay looked straight at Kobato's hat when he first met her, he must have figured out whatever it is that makes her unique right away.

Oh and did anyone else catch the Clannad reference? "It's a star!" "It looks like a starfish!". lol. Fuko reversed. So cute.

Mar 4, 2011 11:43 PM

Aug 2010
Oh and Kurogane and Ioryogi having the same VA is hilarious, especially since I was thinking that if they were to dub it, Ioryogi's VA should be Chris Sabat, who was Kurogane's English VA. He' be perfect!

Apr 20, 2011 9:50 AM

Feb 2011
this is why clamp is awesome

yaay faiXkobato :D
May 16, 2011 8:11 AM

Apr 2009
I wonder how many people picked this anime only because there's Syaoran & co in characters list. xD But heck, it's good show anyways.
+100 points for this ep. xD
May 22, 2011 9:09 PM

Sep 2008
Why are the TRC guys not in their cool forms?
May 31, 2011 2:06 PM

Sep 2009
Fai is now my favorite character in this anime.
Jun 16, 2011 2:04 PM

Apr 2011
good ep i love it but don't love new ending song i love old ending so much waiting for coming eps

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

236 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 29, 5:18 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kappaka - Oct 6, 2009

237 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 6, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Kobato Episode 23

KingSunWukong - Dec 12, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:18 PM

» Hanato Kobato is an example of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Kiryotsu - Oct 22, 2023

0 by Kiryotsu »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2010

100 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Jul 15, 2023 2:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.