Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2010 8:53 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice episode, depressing as always =_="

5 more left, I hope they'll round it up smoothly.
SpiritsoulFeb 26, 2010 9:18 AM
Feb 26, 2010 11:24 AM

Nov 2008
Sad ending to a sad arc, though the timing that Enlike had to destroy the lizard was pretty damn good.
Feb 26, 2010 1:02 PM
Dec 2008
So this is going to be 27 episodes, huh. I wish there were more.

Anyway, all the death scenes on Bantorra are so cruel, nobody gets a good end or anything, that's very realistic but still sad ;_;. Enlike was awesome, and the scene at the end makes me really want to know what the hell is the Heaven.
Feb 26, 2010 2:09 PM

Jun 2009
Usami-Haru said:

Is there any other source than MAL itself for the 27?
This site is nice, but it can so not be trusted concerning episode counts.
If there were some prove we could maybe hope that they will continue this into a 39 episodes run.
This series seriously needs more episodes. Next episode seems to be another sidestory, this time about Hamyuts, so the last 3 episodes should be the story of volume 7 and make it end with a plottwist.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Feb 26, 2010 5:14 PM

Aug 2008
seizonsha said:
Usami-Haru said:

Is there any other source than MAL itself for the 27?
This site is nice, but it can so not be trusted concerning episode counts.
If there were some prove we could maybe hope that they will continue this into a 39 episodes run.
This series seriously needs more episodes. Next episode seems to be another sidestory, this time about Hamyuts, so the last 3 episodes should be the story of volume 7 and make it end with a plottwist.
Its going on the Amazon DVDs.

DVD 1 has 1 episode, 2-9 have 3, and 10 has 2 (well, at least it is priced that way). There is no confirmation if there are more, or if one of those episodes is a ova or something...
Feb 26, 2010 8:51 PM

Aug 2008
Feb 27, 2010 3:01 AM
Jun 2008
"look at the sky" HAHAHA
Feb 27, 2010 3:03 AM
Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
Boring. Who was the Librarian that killed Noloty?
Weird Lascal voice actor did came out,i wonder if its him??
Feb 27, 2010 1:05 PM
Dec 2007
Wonder why all the good characters are killed in Bantorra, and also what will remain at the end ? Still a confusing show but I'm somewhat fascinated by it. I would like to understand what the script is all about and what the real themes of the series are.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 27, 2010 5:33 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
So the Violet arc is next. How the hell are they supposed to fit that in with only 4 episodes?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 27, 2010 6:52 PM

Mar 2009
I loved this episode! It managed to make me rate this anime 9/10 up from 8. Even if it's a little bit rough around the edges, I think generally it is worth it.

We got to know Noloty and Enlike better, and the Director as well...

I think this story is very good, and those who came up with it had amazingly crazy ideas.

Noloty T_T
Feb 27, 2010 9:44 PM

Jun 2009
wakka9ca said:
So the Violet arc is next. How the hell are they supposed to fit that in with only 4 episodes?

I think it's not an actuall arc, I think it's just another insert episode about people's background like before I think.
The next arc 'The Banquet of Liars' should start a bit different...I think they will take the final 3 episodes to cover that (volume 7 is about 270 pages long...so it should be possible as 'Strawprincess' (vol.6) had around 300).

I just hope they really just put a stop then and wait if they can do a second season...please no creative anime-original ending at the last minute .___.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Feb 28, 2010 8:09 PM

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:

Exactly. He was the same guy that killed Vizac and framed Volken, but that's all I know. What shitty writing.

Ughhhhhhhh I hope this show finishes soonnnnnnnnnnnn
Mar 1, 2010 5:11 AM
Dec 2009
It's Dultom. It was mentioned several times. Haven't any of you guys pay attention ever?

yamakasi said:
noteDhero said:

Exactly. He was the same guy that killed Vizac and framed Volken, but that's all I know. What shitty writing.

I have a way better solution. Like, ummm, don't watch? That wasn't that hard to think, was it, yeah?
KathyKaboomMar 1, 2010 5:19 AM
Mar 1, 2010 5:18 AM

Nov 2007
KathyKaboom said:
It's Dultom. It was mentioned several times. Haven't any of you guys pay attention ever?

LOL. Yes, he was given a name this ep. But where the fuck did he come from? And are we supposed to care that he (some random crazy Librarian) killed Noloty?

KathyKaboom said:
I have a way better solution. Like, ummm, don't watch? That wasn't that hard to think, was it, yeah?

Ever heard of the "trainwreck" experience? Besides that, despite this show sucking so bad I'm holding out in the hopes that Hamutz dies.
yamakasiMar 1, 2010 5:21 AM
Mar 1, 2010 5:21 AM
Dec 2009
No. You are not supposed to care if you don't. How's that?

yamakasi said:
heard of the "trainwreck" experience? Besides that, despite this show sucking so bad ...

I disagree. Oooohh. I'm soooo mad.
KathyKaboomMar 1, 2010 5:26 AM
Mar 1, 2010 6:57 AM

Aug 2008
It feels like Hamyuts is going to die. She wants it too badly. I remember previously thinking that she wants to die so that everyone has to read her book (maybe there's something that even she doesn't know about herself) or something like that.
Mar 1, 2010 3:41 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
It feels like Hamyuts is going to die. She wants it too badly. I remember previously thinking that she wants to die so that everyone has to read her book (maybe there's something that even she doesn't know about herself) or something like that.

I think her death will trigger something... She always seemed to be like a mysterious tool of some sorts that was meant to be killed to trigger something. Probably related to Heaven....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 2, 2010 4:13 AM

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:

Hmm, yes. Building on from this, my guess is along the lines of she's forgotten something from when she was younger and whatever it is will help the Librarians defeat mysterious!blonde!girl from the intro. Or at least it has some connection to her (she might not necessarily be the villain; it could be the Governor of Paradise or whatever). This show will probably make me throw up in my mouth by making Mirepoc the person who reads Hamutz' book and takes action to defeat the baddies.
Mar 4, 2010 9:41 PM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:

GOLDEN comment....

I c wut u did thar.... ;)

KathyKaboom said:

yamakasi said:

^ ROFL.... Too many.... GOLDEN comments today....XD

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Mar 7, 2010 3:13 AM

Apr 2009
Meh, everyone's complaining, but the closer it is to the end, the more I like it xP Enlike/Enrique/whatever was awesome (and I hope he won't die), but Noloty annoyed the hell out of me with her constant clinging to the kid. I mean damn it, woman, enough is enough...>.>
Also, Olivia is alive after all. Thought so, didn't look like the Yluckluck (wtf? is that even the right way to write it? xD) killed her.
Seems like it's the last arc and it's about...Hamy's past? (Liking her more with every episode, too.)
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Dec 3, 2010 8:47 PM

Mar 2009
Great ending to this arc.
Mar 24, 2013 6:00 AM

May 2012
another great episode, amazing action and a ice ending, though it's still rather sad that Noloty had to die! Lets see what's next!
Dec 7, 2013 12:31 AM

Jul 2008
So this Dultom is still alive, and the Governor is dead as well as the new Lascall. Looks like there is still some work to do.
Mar 6, 2015 8:31 AM
Jun 2013
can this episode be called nolotys horrible day cause that being kicked,punched and then stabbed is pretty brutal. if hamy is trying to die for some save the world angle I still cant get behind her. You have to make a character still likable even if you go that angle and this show is far past the point of doing that. Im still confused on how he was put into a lizard and why he was he bleeding from the head.
Jun 11, 2015 10:17 PM

Sep 2011
Jeez, first it's Volten and his pathetic death. Poor bastard. Now my favorite female character Noloty :(. This show is so good but damn do they like to kill off all the good characters.
Nov 20, 2015 7:25 PM
Nov 2015
Darn I feel bad for poor Enlike. Like I'm glad he was able to grant Noloty's final wish, but he lost the one person who gave him a reason to live. Love is cruel :/
Nov 20, 2015 7:30 PM
Nov 2015
souledge94 said:
can this episode be called nolotys horrible day cause that being kicked,punched and then stabbed is pretty brutal. if hamy is trying to die for some save the world angle I still cant get behind her. You have to make a character still likable even if you go that angle and this show is far past the point of doing that. Im still confused on how he was put into a lizard and why he was he bleeding from the head.

But that's the point of the show. Those who are naive and stubborn don't live in this world. The same thing happened to Colio, Mokkania, and Volken. All naive characters with foolish desires and goals, blinded by the want of accomplishing good deeds that really won't work out.
In the case of Arkit, I'm guessing Kachua (the Governor of Paradise guy) turned him into one or transferred his memories into a lizard (how they did with Olivia Litlet in which they transferred Mokkania's mum's memories into her). I mean the kid got stabbed in the head while protecting Noloty from the second stab that blonde haired freak's done. Maybe the kid died, then his book was transferred
Nov 20, 2015 7:39 PM
Nov 2015
noteDhero said:

How was that boring? You must be a very basic basic individual.
Apr 24, 2016 9:04 PM

Feb 2015
i didn't particularly like noloty but it's still so sad to see her dreams cut so, so short.
Jul 20, 2017 1:00 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Well at least now Noloty's value to the show is made perfectly clear.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 1, 2021 5:09 PM

Jul 2009
Noloty was naive and careless, but did not care. She did not want to hurt Arkit. I also like how Arkit was connected to that village were Mokkania destroyed.

Seems, all these characters are just connected in one way or another.

Really surprised Enrique has kept his cool. You can still feel his rage about Noloty dying.

So Kachua is dead? I keep forgetting Lascall is still alive through that little girl delivering the books.

Though, Hamy was going to die here, but she's too good for it for now.

And wow, Forgot that Olivia was still alive after all. I thought she disappeared and went to heaven?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 15 Discussion

Laevantein - Jan 8, 2010

35 by Illyricus »»
8 hours ago

» Where can I stream this?

happyanime2942 - Jan 5, 2022

2 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 6:45 AM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mrokand - Oct 23, 2009

88 by Slimsith »»
Nov 30, 2021 9:50 PM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

llamaben - Apr 2, 2010

86 by SomaHeir »»
Jun 8, 2021 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 26 Discussion

kariohki - Mar 26, 2010

37 by SomaHeir »»
Jun 6, 2021 5:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.