Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 21, 2010 11:55 PM

Jun 2009
I must agree, it seemed kinda hasty. Too many things in few mins >.<
The FMA series was always one of the most enjoyable series i watched so ya, this thing rockz! hope it wont finish at ~50 episodes
Feb 22, 2010 1:51 AM

Apr 2009
Loved it entirely. Except edwards head, which was kind of weird.. did they have to cut on the animation because of the opening fight? :P
Feb 22, 2010 2:50 AM

Sep 2008
Now that I think about it, it really feels like "24", like many different fronts happening at the same time that will all meld together at one point. There's tension in the air for sure. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2010 2:58 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
WAHHH SO GOOD. This episode feels like it's leading into a time skip for next episode. From the preview, it looks like Ed and Winry are going to reunite!

I love how this series always hypes me up!! I can't wait to see where this is going to go!
p r o f i l e 👀
Feb 22, 2010 3:02 AM

Jul 2009
Nice, love it elephant are strong XD

Naruleach said:
From the preview, it looks like Ed and Winry are going to reunite!

Yeah, can't wait till it happens
Feb 22, 2010 4:03 AM

Jan 2009
I don't read the manga, but I agree this episode feels like the beginning of the end, or the last episode of a season.

Can anyone tell me if the manga is close to finishing? :o
Feb 22, 2010 4:05 AM

Jul 2009
The Armstrong family really is quite a unique bunch to say the least =P
But really Axel would have kicked Olivier's ass with easy due to his sheer mass and vastly superior strength.

And we finally get allot more of one of the better characters Greed/Lin =D
Great fight between him and Wrath, even though he technically "lost" :p
Feb 22, 2010 4:34 AM
Nov 2009
Jesuvius said:
I don't read the manga, but I agree this episode feels like the beginning of the end, or the last episode of a season.

Ow, I would love to know as well! Does anyone know? D:

I love Envy, he's so cute with that pathetic body and voice ^_^

Veeery eventful :)

5/5 ♥
Feb 22, 2010 5:16 AM

Dec 2009
Yeah, loved this chapter, an awesome set up for the promised day :D
Also, Greed vs. Wrath was nice despite it's shortness. I can't wait to see their next fight which I've already read in manga, I'm it'll be hundred times more awesome :D
Feb 22, 2010 5:20 AM

Aug 2009
Lilah said:
Jesuvius said:

5/5 ♥

It's on the verge of ending. The manga already has 104 chapters and some people think there will be at least four more chapters to go before it ends.

The Greed vs Wrath scene was full of win! And I loved the ending with Mustang followed by the episode title.
The only thing I can complain about is that Ed looked a little off this episode. His head looked longer than usual. :\
Feb 22, 2010 5:47 AM

Dec 2009
awesome episode

and yep it seems like the manga is in the final battle as we speak so it should be ending soon
Feb 22, 2010 7:18 AM

Jul 2009
The fight between the Armstrong's was quality and its awesome how Ed teams up with Greed :P
Feb 22, 2010 7:23 AM
Apr 2009
Ahhh...They didnt show the other two Armstrong sisters that made Yoki shit himself...only if they would have joined into the fray.
Feb 22, 2010 8:36 AM

Dec 2009
greed vs king was the best fight in this year
Perfect animation...
Feb 22, 2010 8:36 AM

Oct 2009
Like the part where they passed on the information...that's cool
Feb 22, 2010 8:53 AM

Oct 2007
Interesting build up. I like how Ed trying to team up with Gredlin.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 22, 2010 8:55 AM

Apr 2009
Finally, Greedling Goodness x3 Excuse me while I'm in my bunk.
xD
Greed/Wrath was pure gold.

"If I'm gonna be king, why don't I become king of the whole world?" - and THIS is the only thing about which I hold Arakawa to her word. If Greedling is king, I can accept any kind of ending. And I mean any.

Also, it sounds so cool when theyoverlap the ED with the last scene. Especially when it's their epic message-sending. The Promised Day is near!
(I stopped believing Arakawa finishes the manga before they catch up with the anime. )
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Feb 22, 2010 10:43 AM

Jun 2007
Totally loved that episode, a lot! Brilliant fight sequences, a lot of development and hilarity. It hit all the right notes I look for in FMA. Fair share of characters, equal military stuff with Ed (and Al stuff), good use of humour vs darkness. Terrific sequence at the end, really floored me. Loved it. Laughed at the random dog in Dublith. <3

Cenedess said:
Also, it sounds so cool when theyoverlap the ED with the last scene. Especially when it's their epic message-sending. The Promised Day is near!

Whenever they do this on a show, I much more likely to be impatient for the next episode. I love its use here.

Feb 22, 2010 12:47 PM

Nov 2008
UndeadSwordsman said:
Yeah, loved this chapter, an awesome set up for the promised day :D
Also, Greed vs. Wrath was nice despite it's shortness. I can't wait to see their next fight which I've already read in manga, I'm it'll be hundred times more awesome :D

yeah but you should use spoiler tags cuz not everyone who watches the anime knows about that

Roisin said:
Lilah said:
Jesuvius said:

5/5 ♥

It's on the verge of ending. The manga already has 104 chapters and some people think there will be at least four more chapters to go before it ends.

The Greed vs Wrath scene was full of win! And I loved the ending with Mustang followed by the episode title.
The only thing I can complain about is that Ed looked a little off this episode. His head looked longer than usual. :

i always say there's at most 3-5 chapters left
Feb 22, 2010 1:00 PM
Dec 2007
The introducing fighting scene was fantastic and most developments were just great (seeing all the cast of the series thanks to Ed's message was a brilliant idea too). Well, this episode, as the last 10 or 15 ones, was extremely well executed. It's a pure pleasure to watch FMA's second season, especially when you have witnessed the wrong direction because of which the first one totally lost itself.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 22, 2010 1:05 PM

Apr 2008
Olivia vs Alex Louis Armstrong was pretty cool. They totally wrecked the whole house. X'D

Greelin vs King Bradley was the shit! I loved how they showed the flashbacks during the fight. They really showed Greed's inner struggle very well.

Mustang getting the intel on the "Promised Day" reminded me of passing notes allong in class. :D
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Feb 22, 2010 1:10 PM

Aug 2009
Remus_Lupa said:
Olivia vs Alex Louis Armstrong was pretty cool. They totally wrecked the whole house. X'D

Mistake there, she totally wrecked the house. I loved the fight aswell XD Absolute annihilation by Olivia.
[right]

Feb 22, 2010 1:49 PM

May 2008
Wow, how the episode started was awsome...
XD it's quite shame for Alex loosing against his sister(or not), but that was hilarious. And the end of the episode was just epic. Al's doing a great work...
Feb 22, 2010 1:58 PM

Mar 2009
I love the Armstrong family... They all look so much like... an Armstrong ^^
Feb 22, 2010 2:25 PM

Aug 2008
I really liked the last half of this episode. I'm sure I'm alone when I say I didn't really care for the fight scenes themselves, just what they meant for the characters. I also wonder if these people know what the Promised Day is. It felt like they all knew, but I don't understand why, unless it's some kind of holiday.
Feb 22, 2010 3:20 PM

Dec 2009
I feel like the pieces of the puzzle are starting to get put together. We are understanding more and more of the big picture now. Olivier ftw haha
Feb 22, 2010 3:25 PM

Feb 2010
Great episode, I thought things were slow. this got everything moving again: can't wait till the next episode :D
Feb 22, 2010 3:51 PM

Mar 2008
Pure awesome.

Can't wait for next week~
Feb 22, 2010 4:54 PM

Jan 2008
*flails happily* we get the ed/winry moment i've been aching to see animated since i saw it in the manga next yay~!

love the series as usual~! <3333333
Feb 22, 2010 4:58 PM

Apr 2009
SO. FUCKING. GOOD.

Love Greedling. Love the Armstrongs and their epic-ness. Love the bit where Greedling teams up with Ed-tachi.
Fuck yeah, they did the information train SO WELL. Love it, love it, love it.
Lol @ Rebecca. And getting to see Havoc always makes me happy. ;)
Now we just have to wait like a million more eps to see his badass return. XP

suigetsu00 said:
porkypink said:
Habokku

do you mean havoc? lol

Habokku is how you pronounce it in Japanese. XD
ジャン ハボック = JAN HABOKKU = Jean Havoc.
Feb 22, 2010 5:08 PM

Aug 2007
Great episode- the fight scene had really good animation. I agree with some of you that the episode seemed to be steering the series towards a conclusion soon.
Feb 22, 2010 5:13 PM

Nov 2008
magelet said:
SO. FUCKING. GOOD.

Love Greedling. Love the Armstrongs and their epic-ness. Love the bit where Greedling teams up with Ed-tachi.
Fuck yeah, they did the information train SO WELL. Love it, love it, love it.
Lol @ Rebecca. And getting to see Havoc always makes me happy. ;)
Now we just have to wait like a million more eps to see his badass return. XP

suigetsu00 said:
porkypink said:
Habokku

do you mean havoc? lol

Habokku is how you pronounce it in Japanese. XD
ジャン ハボック = JAN HABOKKU = Jean Havoc.

lol xD
Feb 22, 2010 5:26 PM

Jul 2008
I agree with everyone about this episode. Man, I really don't want it to end. This is my favourite show right now, it's gonna be hard finding another one to get this sucked into.
Feb 22, 2010 5:26 PM

May 2007
So much awesome crammed into the episode... it sure did not disappoint. 5/5
Feb 22, 2010 5:37 PM
Jul 2018
SO FUCKING COOL!
That Greed and Bradley fight was simply amazing, oh my God. I feel like it was better drawn out here than in the manga itself. Of course, seeing awesome fights animated is always fucking epic. Of course seeing Olivier destroy was also awesome.

I adored the information scene, that was always a favorite of mine to read. Especially Grunman haha <3

Gah it didn't hit me until last week, but the anime is catching up FAST. Already in the 80s out of 104 released chapters. Of course the manga is coming to a close, but with only monthly chapters, the anime is surely going to catch up before the manga finishes. I think I heard about there being about 60 somewhat episodes before there was a break to allow the manga to finish up. At least, they better be taking a break and planning to finish animating the rest of the story. D:
Feb 22, 2010 5:44 PM

Apr 2009
noteDhero said:
I really liked the last half of this episode. I'm sure I'm alone when I say I didn't really care for the fight scenes themselves, just what they meant for the characters. I also wonder if these people know what the Promised Day is. It felt like they all knew, but I don't understand why, unless it's some kind of holiday.

From what I remember from the manga, they don't know exactly what's going to happen except that the homunculi are going to do something disastrous on that day. Thus they're all preparing to meet them head on. They all know something's going to happen on the Promise Day due to Hohenheim and Alphonse passing on the message. They passed it on to Mason, who then passed it on to Sig, who passed it on to Izumi, who passed it on to Briggs, then to Gramman, then to Roy and the guys in Central. Olivia and Greed already knew, so I assume Olivia passed on some information to Armstrong and Greed told Ed and the chimaeras about it. So ya, most of them have a good idea on what it is cause of that huge information chain.
Feb 22, 2010 6:03 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode as usual.
Seemed like a lot more happened in this one, Feels like they threw in alot more material than last episode.
Feb 22, 2010 6:05 PM

Feb 2009
AWESOME FIGHT!!! Greed vs Wrath too short though

Olivier and Alex fight was well interesting.

News run fast, I like how that message went from one point to another.
Feb 22, 2010 6:38 PM

Nov 2007
I liked how the beginning had action sequences of Wrath vs. Greed.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Feb 22, 2010 6:47 PM

Feb 2008
Ahhhh, SO FUCKING AMAZING~!

Great beginning with Greed vs Wrath, hilarious fighting with Olivier and Alex (the house is pretty much wrecked now lol), and the message chain. I agree with the others in that this feels like its getting to the climax... And well, I don't want it to end, but at least I know it'll go out with a bang. :)
Feb 22, 2010 9:30 PM

Feb 2010
Amazing episode, the animation with Wrath vs. Greed was awesome~
Alex got wrecked XD poor him.
It seems everyone is preparing for the "Promised Day"
FMA: Brotherhood just keeps getting more awesome every week =D
Feb 22, 2010 9:50 PM

May 2009
woah a good amount of things happened in this episode like how Lin still has some control over his body and that he's joined up with Ed. How even though they are all allies from different areas of the world they can contact each other easily :P......Armstrong battle was ownage xD lol...even though Louis uses alchemy...his sister completely destroyed him o.o
Feb 22, 2010 10:36 PM

Mar 2009
Ahhh, such a good episode... I loved the tension, and the end made me go "AH! Nooooo!" which is always a good sign. I really need to read the manga so I know what's going on... XD
Feb 22, 2010 10:40 PM

Jan 2009
fighting scenes are epic 0_0
Feb 22, 2010 11:36 PM

Nov 2009
awesome. I'm liking Greedling moore and more. :P
Feb 23, 2010 5:01 AM

Apr 2009
niceee it was kinda fast paced but good.
the animation was superb
Feb 23, 2010 9:37 AM

Apr 2008
I thought the fight scene between Greed and Wrath was nicely animated. Rest was okay. Good episode.
Feb 23, 2010 9:40 AM
Jun 2008
Wow! This episode was awesome!
Feb 23, 2010 11:41 AM
Jun 2009
Epic stuff....
this show is awesome......
Feb 23, 2010 7:45 PM

Apr 2008
awesome actions xD yeah!!

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.