Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2010 2:16 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 21, 2010 12:28 PM

Dec 2006
I couldn't hold myself and finished reading the manga and I really want to see it animated.
Especially:
THIS IS A HUGE SPOILER, don't open this if you hadn't read till the end of the manga.

Feb 21, 2010 10:26 PM
Nov 2008
I hope Akane will get better. I really don't want to shed any more tears than I already did in the 1st ep and the flashbacks...

No Cross Game next weak :'(
Feb 22, 2010 1:30 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
oh man. This episode really got to me! I'm so excited! I can't wait to see how this'll end!!!

@loli_slayer:
THAT HUGE SPOILER BUTTON IS SO SO SO TEMPING BUT NO I MUST RESIST!!
p r o f i l e 👀
Feb 22, 2010 1:39 AM

Jul 2008
You can't give me such a great episode and then tell me ro wait two week. Only the final remains, as far as baseball that is, I'm sure there is still plenty more in other areas.
Feb 22, 2010 3:23 AM

Jul 2009
Two week wait eh, damn and it was my fav scene..
Just hoping more detailed match on baseball or i just got the hype from watching Major
Feb 22, 2010 3:45 AM

Feb 2008
Nice to see them back on track after "endless three"
Feb 22, 2010 7:58 AM

Aug 2009
No episode next week? Mother fucker, and I was so looking forward to it. It also sucks that the manga ended. I thought myself a long time ago that I'd continue with the manga after finishing the anime. Sucks so much. I love Cross Game.
Feb 22, 2010 2:56 PM
Mar 2008
loli_slayer said:
I couldn't hold myself and finished reading the manga and I really want to see it animated.
Especially:
THIS IS A HUGE SPOILER, don't open this if you hadn't read till the end of the manga.
Yeah, I could see that happening xD
-has now been spoiler'd-
Feb 22, 2010 6:03 PM

May 2009
Yes, boys are really that simple. Nice episode.

Everything is speeding along at a nice clip as we head into the homestretch. :)
Feb 22, 2010 6:47 PM

Oct 2007
Must resist with the spoiler since I have came this far >_<

Really good episode. I really have a bad feeling in this episode about Akane it seems like she is ready to take any blame with her, something like she might gone. And the game was pretty good or good enough to keep the hype for the next one. Ok, next episode seems to be a little serious with the all the main characters development can't wait to see that.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 23, 2010 12:30 PM

Aug 2008
Did I miss something? What was so good about this episode? As it stands, I want Akane to die since she's been pretty useless since her introduction. I thought she was going to be the reason that Aoba got to play in Koushien, but that doesn't really look like the case. She's just an excuse to bring in the drama of a Wakaba/Aoba/Kou love triangle that can't exist. I feel like no one is coming out and saying what they should just because of her frail presence on the show.

Flibbertigibbet said:
The only thing Azuma ever says lately seems to be about how he worships Kou.

Which is exactly why Kou and Azuma should get together.
Feb 23, 2010 12:59 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
Flibbertigibbet said:
LMAO. I'm down!
p r o f i l e 👀
Feb 24, 2010 4:56 AM

Oct 2007
Naruleach said:
noteDhero said:
Flibbertigibbet said:
LMAO. I'm down!
I will tail you guys :D

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 24, 2010 5:41 AM

Dec 2009
I loved this episodes, one of the better.

Two weeks until next one </3
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 1, 2010 4:41 AM

Nov 2007
Now they're in the finals. \o/

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 7, 2010 2:35 AM
Jul 2009
Aoba's cousin (forgot his name and don't really care) is pretty damn annoying. The show would be just fine/do better without him.
Mar 7, 2010 2:41 AM

Jul 2009
Siva said:
Naruleach said:
noteDhero said:
Flibbertigibbet said:
LMAO. I'm down!
I will tail you guys :D
I support noteDhero though, they are cute together..

unlisted said:
Aoba's cousin (forgot his name and don't really care) is pretty damn annoying. The show would be just fine/do better without him.
Don't worry he got what he deserve later on, Adachi is pretty harsh sometime XD
May 10, 2010 6:19 PM

Apr 2009
Ok, I'm going to be frank and honest to myself. Hurry up and die Akane, I want to see more <3<3 with Kou+Aoba.
Jun 13, 2010 8:01 PM

Sep 2009
Finally onto the finals, and also Akane's surgery.
Dec 13, 2010 12:54 PM

Sep 2008
ArcticMech said:
Yes, boys are really that simple. Nice episode.

Everything is speeding along at a nice clip as we head into the homestretch. :)

That's why boys are better friends. They don't have evil, hidden intentions as often as girls do. ):

unlisted said:

I second this.

... Ahem. I really liked this episode. :D It was kind of awesome to see that coach get served, bwahaha, since he was so arrogant and just thought everything would go according to whatever little plan he had.

Definitely can't wait to see Seishuu play Ryuou! That's going to be awesome. :) Truly hoping for a great game~
Jan 16, 2011 3:25 AM

May 2008
Woohoo i didnt expect Senda to get a homerun i thought he would suck enough to be unable to do that with the slowest ball in the world

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 6, 2012 9:48 PM

Oct 2009
greenmush said:
Woohoo i didnt expect Senda to get a homerun i thought he would suck enough to be unable to do that with the slowest ball in the world

Indeed, I was also shocked when Senda started the game with a homerun! Guess the sun came up from the west that day?

Malestel said:
I hope Akane will get better. I really don't want to shed any more tears than I already did in the 1st ep and the flashbacks...

No Cross Game next weak :'(

I hope Akane doesn't die, that'd just be wrong! Why make everyone suffer through the death of Wakaba twice, wasn't once enough?
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Jul 6, 2012 9:53 PM

Oct 2009
Naruleach said:
oh man. This episode really got to me! I'm so excited! I can't wait to see how this'll end!!!

@loli_slayer:
THAT HUGE SPOILER BUTTON IS SO SO SO TEMPING BUT NO I MUST RESIST!!

I'm gonna come back and hit that HUGE SPOILER BUTTON as soon as I finish this series! Just because...
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Sep 20, 2012 9:15 AM

Sep 2011
So far every baseball anime I've watched had a girl in the hospital, and we all know what that means.
Aug 13, 2013 4:46 AM

Nov 2011
The most anticipated final must be epic ... :)
But what I am interested more is on main characters's final feelings ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Nov 16, 2013 10:50 PM

Nov 2013
Aren't you worried about her?
If my worrying about her were to cure her illness, I'd gladly worry about her from morning to night, for as many days as it would take
Even if you had to give up the Koushien?
Yeah. Even if I don't go to the Koushien, I could still live a happy life. Like your brother
My brother's marriage depends on us going to the Koushien, remember?
Moron. Don't underestimate Ichiyou-neechan

Someone shouldn't die...
before their parents

one of the best conversation on anime :')
inochi ga kurikaesu naraba nandomo kimi no moto e ...
... if life can be repeated, i'll go to you many times over
Mar 10, 2014 1:34 AM

Aug 2013
I hope Akane recovers :(

Onwards to the finals!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 25, 2014 6:17 PM

Aug 2013
I have a bad feeling about this. I HAVE A FUCKING BAD FEELING ABOUT ALL THIS BUT I CAN'T STOP NOW. FML

Seriously, I'm about to crap my pant. I want Koh to end with Aoba, but pls pls, don't die Akane. Not on the fucking final to add to the misfortune.

I didn't saw that 8-1 coming xD
Even more with the coach telling ''I have a bad feeling about this...'' :P

Akaishi was a boss in that game, two fucking homerun.

In the next episode, Aoba... confess?!?? Or at least, it look like she ask him if he likes her.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 17, 2015 12:16 AM

Jul 2008
Shrackner said:
Ok, I'm going to be frank and honest to myself. Hurry up and die Akane, I want to see more <3<3 with Kou+Aoba.

But before that creepy, pathetic useless cousin can go die first. I hate when antagonists are useless, makes the character pointless.
Jan 18, 2015 9:53 PM

Jan 2013
Stop this ominous atmosphere. I can't take it.
Wow, they won by a lot.

I predict the 160 kph pitch next episode.
Jan 4, 2016 3:12 AM

Jun 2009
noteDhero said:
Did I miss something? What was so good about this episode? As it stands, I want Akane to die since she's been pretty useless since her introduction.

lol, you're so edgy.
Feb 9, 2016 11:58 PM

Nov 2011
Oh no, going on a date seems like a potential death flag.

Aoba better get a move on if she wants to be with Kou. I don't want Akane to die too. ;-;

At least they kept the baseball atmosphere light with that ending.

ilalang said:
Aren't you worried about her?
If my worrying about her were to cure her illness, I'd gladly worry about her from morning to night, for as many days as it would take
Even if you had to give up the Koushien?
Yeah. Even if I don't go to the Koushien, I could still live a happy life. Like your brother
My brother's marriage depends on us going to the Koushien, remember?
Moron. Don't underestimate Ichiyou-neechan

Someone shouldn't die...
before their parents

one of the best conversation on anime :')

It was a pretty good conversation.
Mar 29, 2017 11:27 AM

Nov 2016
I really hope that they don't pull a Shigatsu.
Well actually it is the other way around xD Anyway I root for a Happy Ending, the story is already sad enough.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 9, 2018 5:49 AM

Feb 2013
They won the game but I can't be happy because the entire Akane drama is annoying me.
Aug 17, 2020 8:43 AM

Jul 2015
Hearing those past scores, coach worrying the whole time and even Senda of all people scoring a homerun I really got anxious that something bad would happen (in this match at least), good thing the other team was just lucky in past matches and don't have some hidden tactics.

Oct 25, 2020 12:43 PM

Jan 2014
Reapermask said:
Hearing those past scores, coach worrying the whole time and even Senda of all people scoring a homerun I really got anxious that something bad would happen (in this match at least), good thing the other team was just lucky in past matches and don't have some hidden tactics.

same, i was expecting something bad to happen lol xD

i hope akane doesn't die, i feel like that's a sort of cheap trick to make them relive wakaba's death. but it looks like progress will be made! aoba confesses next episode?
Jan 10, 2022 11:28 PM

Jan 2018
Both Ko and Azuma found four-leaf clovers this episode leading off from Aoba getting one last episode! That was so cool.

Senda got a homer? LOL that was funny.
This whole semi-final game was much better than whatever happened in the last episode. I almost thought Ko finally pitched a 160km/h.

Seishu is going to the finals lesss gooooo.
Akane's surgery will be on the day of the finals too :( I hope it's successful. Getting some heavy Your Lie in April vibes from the last episode which I absolutely loathe.

From the preview next episode could be one of the most important ones.

More topics from this board

» Help: Cross Game filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 28, 2023

6 by zckfox »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BlowITA - Apr 12, 2009

66 by -mmdll- »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

fanty - Apr 5, 2009

194 by Ethan348 »»
Jul 3, 2023 3:30 PM

» Cross Game Soundtrack

falph - Apr 5, 2010

8 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:04 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 27, 2010

279 by animejas »»
Apr 27, 2023 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.