Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 9, 2010 9:42 AM

May 2010
Ok, serious question, why are all of you people watching this if you hate it so much?

I mean, the only conceivable reason I would watch 7 episodes of an anime I hated is if someone forced me to. And you're not only limiting it to that, but you're also making long-winded posts about how much you hate it... why? Therapeutic rage? Masochism?
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 12, 2010 6:19 PM

Aug 2009
What the fuck just happened? Can someone explain to me what happened? I am confused as hell. I didn't even know what was going on. I just followed the episode but didn't understand it, lol.

Okay so apparently Mina Tepes is a good queen and that there was another group of vampires that were trying to make the vampire population bigger. The Queen didn't like that so she stopped that group but why the fuck did she and Akira fight? Was it because Akira joined forces with the humans or something?

Anyways, is this the end of the series? It looks like the end because the opening was sang in the end and the Vampire Bund is finally formed. I know that there's 5 more episodes but wtf is this?
Jul 14, 2010 9:57 PM

May 2010
Moonfrost said:

Anyways, is this the end of the series?

Embarrassing remarks are not allowed ;P

Anyways, I'm sure you've noticed many shows have mid-season climaxes. This is just a particularly climatic one. Mina and Akira are now completely allied, over their dispute, and now the attention turns to the other characters. Basically, new ultimate enemies are found, including one that is, surprise, somehow emotionally connected with Akira. Akira's loyalties are tested again, dramatic fights, finale, etc.

To explain this episode better: Akira made an oath to Mina that he would always protect her. Then they argued and he left her, thus breaking the oath. Since he broke a vow, Mina had to kill him (I think it was a condition of the vow). However, even though Mina was supposed to kill him, when he saved her life from the falling cross, she no longer could carry out the vow and kill him, but rather forgave him. Does that help?
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 22, 2010 3:11 PM
Apr 2010
huh...That story was all over the place like a hooker making a buck..
And why was she wearing a bed sheet?...lol
Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 22, 2010 3:18 PM
Apr 2010
Seabury said:
Ok, serious question, why are all of you people watching this if you hate it so much?

I mean, the only conceivable reason I would watch 7 episodes of an anime I hated is if someone forced me to. And you're not only limiting it to that, but you're also making long-winded posts about how much you hate it... why? Therapeutic rage? Masochism?

Same i would like to know...
I also would like to know why people care about the minor censoring in this show,i mean it's not even hentai,seriously do fake kid boobs really mabe people that excited? O.o
Sep 24, 2010 4:01 AM

Oct 2009
kerobear said:

The fight between Akira and Mina was like EPIC ^^

Agreed

Nice they have a vaccine, lol
Nov 21, 2010 11:44 AM

Feb 2010
Aurao said:
kerobear said:

The fight between Akira and Mina was like EPIC ^^

Agreed

Nice they have a vaccine, lol

My thoughts exactly... BUT the red screen pissed me off... it's not like I WANT to see a young girl naked(if thats what they were censoring).... but it really broke up the action.

Some things felt forced (the plot)... but over all pretty good. 4/5
Jun 3, 2011 11:40 AM
May 2011
Didnt like it... He kinda just threw all his Morales away ? He was all OMFG WHY DID YOU DO THAT YOU BITCH!!! and then he was like.. Oh my god... im going to serve you... Why? A promise.. kinda stupid... shouldve killed the bitch.
Sep 2, 2011 7:49 PM

Jul 2010
aww, no vamp maid thing at the end!?
anyway the fight was really good, but it really looked like it was the end of the anime, the way the credits are rolling and stuff.

Dec 29, 2011 10:41 AM

Dec 2009
They were fighting and suddently were all "The promise blabla". Really weird and boring anime. ~
Mar 27, 2012 2:19 AM

Mar 2009
The fight was decent.
Jul 8, 2012 4:04 PM

Jan 2008
I think the episode was pretty bad. Some fanservice since Mina should have both a flat chest and enormous boobs. A rather lame fight with more talking and blue/red screens and stills than anything else. ("Epic"?!) A vaccine to heal Vampire bites that's turning up out of nowhere. A rather disturbing scene with naked Akira and naked Mina. Some 180° turn concerning Akira's feelings (well, not the first time I guess) with weak justification.
And Yuki standing there WATCHING that stuff for...NO reason, being ignored most of the time?! I actually felt embarrassed for her to be there at all.

They didn't even have the guts to have Mina actually kill that kid. This show is a 5 for me so far.

Sep 23, 2012 4:29 PM
Hot Stuff

Mar 2012
Ikano said:
holy cow....I never noticed the show was censored but this was too obvious ._.
I quit watching....tried to pick it up again......but I'm quitting again....

Mina looked pretty cool.....if there was a ever a clear shot of her x-x

I watched it on Funimation and saw no obvious censorship, yes she was smooth round the bend and nipples were missing sometimes, but not always, but no blurring, fogging, black shadows or any obvious censoring.
Jan 26, 2013 5:14 PM

May 2012
That sure was an interesting fight! Dat transformation of both the Akira and Mina and than that ending! Damn I do feel sad for Yuki but well now that she knows Akira secret she might understand...

Either way amazing episode looked like it ended here so I wonder what's next, gonna put the recap in between to check up on everything once more!

Lets see what's next in the story but as of now it's already damn epic!
Oct 18, 2013 12:53 PM

Jun 2011
kerobear said:

I'd rather feel sad about Mina, bearing those burdens by herself, no one understand her, not even Akira. Poor girl/woman. I really like Akira's determination in this episode, at the end there, even though I really hated him in the previous episode. Best thing about this show is Mina Tepes, everything else matter not.

Saorin said:

They didn't even have the guts to have Mina actually kill that kid. This show is a 5 for me so far.

After reading this statement, I am pretty sure you're either a troll, or someone who does not understand this show. Mina never intended to kill her. Don't you understand her after watching her for 6 episodes? Poor soul, she is not cold blooded. People like you can't possibly understand her, and her burden. Indeed, like what she said, you're just nothing but a child, who understood absolutely nothing.
ToG25thBaamOct 18, 2013 12:57 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 28, 2014 6:27 PM

Oct 2013
Great Fight wow i love shafts fight scenes i think its one of there best qualities!
Princess looked so cute in that white dress at the end KAWIII !!
[/quote]
Aug 3, 2014 9:06 AM

Jan 2012
lol @ people watching censored anime then trashing it afterwards... lmao

I'm never a fan of shaft and their random ass scenes. This show is tolerable in my book. I'd probably drop it if I watch the censored version like most of you here.

All the nudity/fanservice doesn't feel trashy compared to others.

Surprisingly, I'm enjoying this more than I should.

though I'm kind of disappointed how week the 'vampire queen' is...

brb going super saiyan mode and still gets rekt by a big black wolf.

sigh...
Jan 23, 2015 3:16 PM

Jun 2014
I really looking forward with this episode, but why Hime's transformation was different from manga. You can clearly see her body and tits in manga but why the hell her body covered with gold? =(
Mar 8, 2015 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
I had no problem with the glowing bit. I thought it was kinda hot IMHO.
Jan 17, 2016 8:06 PM

Jan 2013
The motivations are confusing. A lot of flipflopping.
But, I liked the action this episode.
Jul 17, 2016 10:10 AM

Feb 2014
Man.... this episode was so bad.... everything.

It all started with that plot convenience (where they open the church's door, in episode 06), then come this sux episode.... omg...

Two plot conveniences:
-They opened the door (episode 06), seriously, 99% wouldn't open the door in a hypothetical real life situation, but 99% of the characters in the anime would open the door...
-While they were fighting the Church start to collapse due to a lighting and so he jumped to save the vampire loli... really?

-In addition their fight was really bad;
-Their motivations are a mess;
-And now all sunddenly they are all love-dovey... -.-" magi?

Lonepanda said:
Didnt like it... He kinda just threw all his Morales away ? He was all OMFG WHY DID YOU DO THAT YOU BITCH!!! and then he was like.. Oh my god... im going to serve you... Why? A promise.. kinda stupid... shouldve killed the bitch.

Liinah said:
They were fighting and suddently were all "The promise blabla". Really weird and boring anime. ~

+1 Agree. Thanks I wasn't the only one.
This was terrible and really pissed me off. ~
TechOtakuJul 17, 2016 10:19 AM
Jul 19, 2016 4:02 PM

Jul 2014
That fight scene at the beginning was epic, with all those poorly-done melodramatic camera angles, and then she randomly started stripping for no reason before biting the one girl hahaha

And then that part at the end where she makes that sappy speech while the camera keeps continually panning up her naked body over and over again HAHAHAHAHA

1/5
Aug 12, 2016 3:00 PM

Apr 2014
This show is really strange. I feel like I'm supposed to take it seriously but the repeated midfight fan service of Mina kind of detracts from anything else. I mean they really wanted to make sure you noticed the fact that she was naked.

Characters themselves aren't that bad, I really enjoy the vulnerable side of Mina, which fits with her shoujo appearance. Her transformation was a little overhyped, again, focusing on the nudity can only get you so far. Akira is also a reasonable character but could have definitely been fleshed out a bit more considering his main role in the story. I wanted more emphasis on his developing feelings of doubt rather than one episode ending with him asking if he can trust her and then the next episode having him betray her. The situation with the prime ministers grandson could have had more weight to it, Akira was affected by it, but I was slightly indifferent simply because it wasn't expressed as well as it could have been

Otherwise, this show suffers from many typical adaptation problems in terms of pacing. Another complaint would be that I expect a bit more from shaft in terms of artistic rendering, it felt pretty cheesey at times, especially during many of the transformations throughout the show (chameleon and now the bat) I guess I'm just slightly disappointed overall, but I do still enjoy the show

Mar 9, 2018 5:58 AM

Aug 2014
I don't get it. I know why they fought, but why did Akira forgive her so quickly? Mina still did all those terrible stuff including kidnapping the Prime Minister's grandson, even if they gave him a serum, they still did terrible things to get their way. The story went to shit with this episode imo. I really liked the idea of him rejecting the vampires and fighting against them.
May 22, 2018 5:15 AM

Mar 2018
Seabury said:
To explain this episode better: Akira made an oath to Mina that he would always protect her. Then they argued and he left her, thus breaking the oath. Since he broke a vow, Mina had to kill him (I think it was a condition of the vow). However, even though Mina was supposed to kill him, when he saved her life from the falling cross, she no longer could carry out the vow and kill him, but rather forgave him. Does that help?
Vi- said:
Man.... this episode was so bad.... everything.
-Their motivations are a mess;
-And now all sunddenly they are all love-dovey... -.-" magi?

Lonepanda said:
Didnt like it... He kinda just threw all his Morales away ? He was all OMFG WHY DID YOU DO THAT YOU BITCH!!! and then he was like.. Oh my god... im going to serve you... Why? A promise.. kinda stupid...
I agree. This was confusing and highly unsatisfying. I am unhappy with Akira's submissiveness.

If Mina is worried about what Akira feels about her, then why don't you treat him better, bitch? She went from sexually harassing him one day to callously dismissing him like a regular servant the next day, and now she mopes about his feelings for her.

As a romance considered, their relationship seems terribly dysfunctional.
Feb 8, 2021 8:48 PM
Feb 2020
Once upon a time there was a PLOT TWIST!!!!!

This is good. The establishment of Conflict Genuine Conflict they killed the side story of high school vampires versus the student union.. taking away focus from the real problem of Vampires vs Japan. And gave us An opposing force, A force strong enough to Disarm, Hurt, And Yes Kill or Assasinate Vampire-Sue and friends.

Genuine Strong Opposittion to the Villain Protagonist of the story was needed (The confused boy who lost his memory and got some of it back and isn't sure of himself and who is somewhat dense does not qualify as a Compelling opposing force to Vampire-Sue's scheming and criminal activities

If you're going to have a villain be the protag and there isn't going to be a hero to rally behind and the villain isn't cool like Ainz Oal Gown etc or can carry the show like The Joker then you really do need another villain with a plan that's even worse than the main villain's plan. Or at least be able to foil / get in the way of the main villain's machinations.

[Prior to this ep she was just a straight up Monster-Sue]

So the princess went home and changed her character (changed into a white pure bed sheet) then went back to the gang rape at her school, crashed through one of the church windows cosplaying as an angel (an avenging angel) with a sword in hand. Quite the performance.

I see she jumped down from one of her helicopters without back up. (Without back-up for real this time). Well she was without it for only a short time.

There were a lot of headscratchers in this ep.

This is for me an 8/10 show.

Sweet Girl was like Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Glad the evidence she left behind at the scene got stepped on. Interesting times ahead on Vampire Island.
Rui_ReiFeb 8, 2021 8:56 PM
Feb 8, 2021 8:58 PM
Feb 2020
Lonepanda said:

RediceRyan said:
The motivations are confusing. A lot of flipflopping.
But, I liked the action this episode.

Quoted For Truth.
Jun 18, 2021 12:30 PM

Aug 2017
The rebel vampires have been defeated and Mina and Akira have reconciled. But it looks like the final episode for some reason, still 5 episodes more.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 24, 2023 11:04 PM

Dec 2022
god that episode was so sexy, and it was just a really good episode too along with the previous one
Jun 2, 2023 3:21 AM

Dec 2022
As predicted, Akira is back on her side within a single episode, and all it took was Mina's confidants stating the obvious to him, like he never realised that not every vampire (who are created through an infection-like process involving something as simple as a bite) will swear allegiance to a single "royal vampire". Aside from that, this is a well paced and intriguing episode. I originally thought Mina's adult transformation was her mother, but this episode revealed it to be just another form.

Shaded Horizon

Jul 29, 2023 8:12 PM

Oct 2019
Cool battle with some tits and ass flying around
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

233 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

310 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

169 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kashim - Mar 25, 2010

95 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.