Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2017 11:04 AM

Jun 2011
Heh, people expecting something like Toradora or Skip Beat shouldn't have watched this in the first place.

Man, I wanted to hear Masamune-kun sing. His seiyuu isn't that bad at singing right?

As for me, I got what I expected and am satisfied. An S2 would be nice, or at least OVA's. You could do much worse as a filler show to watch.
AhegyaoMar 23, 2017 11:09 AM
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Mar 23, 2017 11:06 AM

Aug 2015
average but still enjoyable for the lols.

6/10
Mar 23, 2017 11:07 AM

Dec 2014
well this episode was ok I guess....It had a feeling of last episode in it and typical it was ended open ended with nothing resolved.....Typical
Mar 23, 2017 11:08 AM

Feb 2013
I'm hoping that there will be more of this anime, because if it just ends like that I will be disappoint.....or just read the manga lol

Anyway, I was sort of surprised with this anime....sure it was your typical harem....but then again it wasn't. Kind of refreshing.

8/10
Mar 23, 2017 11:11 AM

Jul 2016
I am very disappointed, I thought it could have a better ending than this, but I already guess it will turn out not well since previous episode.
Mar 23, 2017 11:11 AM

Sep 2015
Ayato_Hiragi said:
Can someone please tell me if episode 12 is the last episode for Masamune Kun Revenge?????????

it is

Well I think it wasn't that bad even if we got an unfinished anime (kanetsugu only appeared for the last plot ..., and the revenge is left unsettled)
at least they did a good job by "exploiting" seiyus for the last ep
Mar 23, 2017 11:13 AM

Feb 2015
Quite the lackluster ending, if I do say so myself. This show had a lot going for it, but the ending was all but satisfactory.

7/10
Mar 23, 2017 11:16 AM

Oct 2016
I don't see a full season 2 coming out of this, but maybe a small OVA season that wraps up the story? Like How Nogizaka Harauka no Himitsu did it.

They left a few things unanswered and set up the Paris arc that was 4 or 5 chapters I believe.

JakMar 23, 2017 11:23 AM
Mar 23, 2017 11:18 AM

Sep 2013
Nice play with masamune owning it, I was enjoying it then halfway through the karaoke I realize it's the last ep, wtf?
The duet was great :)

I hope there's a 2nd season with the way it ended so casually :'( 9/10

Mar 23, 2017 11:25 AM

Jul 2009
Meh, I couldn't be more bored after watching the last episode. At least the comedy wasn't cringeworthy like the rest. 4/10
Mar 23, 2017 11:26 AM

May 2015
I really like first half of this show. The rest was kind of meh.

6/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 23, 2017 11:30 AM

Nov 2016
This anime drifted away since episode 10 and with such ending it's totally destroyed, unless another season can cover up.
Mar 23, 2017 11:35 AM

Feb 2009
Boring and predictable ending, don't even know why I wasted my time watching this weekly.
Mar 23, 2017 11:37 AM

Jun 2015
Did this show not perform well in Japan? Why are people not hopeful about a second season being made?
Mar 23, 2017 11:38 AM

Jul 2009
They kissed, at least it was good.
I would go for another season for sure. 7/10
Mar 23, 2017 12:12 PM

Oct 2013
This episode wasn't so bad as a stopping point for the anime,whether we get a 2nd season or not but it literally did nothing from a progression or conclusion stand-point and we're almost where we started.

I LOL'd at the Snow White play though. In the end Snow White lives while the prince lies on the ground looking dead, but who cares about him, everyone's happy that she lives. There's some symbolism in that from my PoV. The symbolism of what you get after trying to please a feminazi ~ nothing. Same could be said of the final few moments between Makabe & Adagaki ~ wait no, he got half of a sweet potato, that's something right? right?...
Mar 23, 2017 12:12 PM

Feb 2014
I'm not surprised that they ended Masamune-kun's Revenge with an open end. Still, it felt smooth at least.

The whole play was enjoyable. Masamune, despite his fever, battled on as he delivered his lines nicely and the kiss scene between him and Adagaki was nicely done.

Just never let him sing again though. Everyone else sang without a hitch, but his singing was so bad that it knocked out everyone else in the room, even Yoshino too. X_X

Overall, this show was a good laugh and certain episodes were great. Gasou's appearance did make it less enjoyable though and although the finale was good, it still left many questions unanswered.

I would welcome a second season if there is one in the future. =)

7/10 overall.
Mar 23, 2017 12:19 PM

Sep 2011
Eh. Many people are hating this. I guess I'm one of the few that I like this show. This is better than any super generic harem rom-com.

I didn't really expect the actual kiss though. Although I dislike the karaoke scene just to fill up the time to make it as the last episode... Anyway, really good series for me and I might read the manga.

Mar 23, 2017 12:20 PM

Dec 2009
What.... what is this...

It was going fucking great... and that's it? Seriously?

If they don't S2 or at least an ova finale i'll be pretty pissed.

This anime was awesome until i realized this is the last episode.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 23, 2017 12:24 PM
Jun 2016
GenesisAria said:
What.... what is this...

It was going fucking great... and that's it? Seriously?

If they don't S2 or at least an ova finale i'll be pretty pissed.

This anime was awesome until i realized this is the last episode.

Agreed, I was curious after the 11th episode if it is really possible to wrap it up in 1 episode. The answer is no obiviously...
Mar 23, 2017 12:30 PM

Jun 2016
Finally it's over. At first I thought it was okay, but the show went downhill quickly. Please no 2nd season. Other show's deserve that more.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Mar 23, 2017 12:38 PM
Nov 2016
And so it ends......

This was a pretty meh. Series to be honest. I will probably watch another season if one comes out but yeah it was kinda fun.....
Mar 23, 2017 12:41 PM

Dec 2009
Noragamigami said:
Please no 2nd season. Other show's deserve that more.
That's not how it works.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 23, 2017 12:44 PM

Apr 2015
I'm highly disappointed with the ending ;-;
I mean, I liked the show so far yet this ending is so unsatisfying
guess they aim for a second season oh well
8/10
Mar 23, 2017 12:49 PM

Jun 2013
Great ending to a very good adaptation.
Too bad so many people are so butthurt
9/10.
Mar 23, 2017 12:49 PM

Oct 2016
aoi-kurenai said:
Did this show not perform well in Japan? Why are people not hopeful about a second season being made?
That's the thing. There's not really enough content for another season.
Mar 23, 2017 12:51 PM

Nov 2015
Didn't feel like the last episode.
A second season is coming maybe.
The kiss was hot, it was kinda forced, like hentai lol
Mar 23, 2017 1:01 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Meh, cannot say I cared much for how the story developed in the second half of the series.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 23, 2017 1:05 PM

Sep 2015
The ending is a bit disappointing tbh.
Wasn't as climatic as I thought and feels morel like a mid-episode. Cool nonetheless.
Mar 23, 2017 1:06 PM

Dec 2015
Got boring. Too bad ... at the beginning it seemed promising. Introducing annoying chars (Neko) and unnecessary episodes (beach and that Kanetsugu guy) made the plot slow paced and boring.

I thought they'd finish this - since the manga seems to end as well and nowadays it is common to have an anime adaption that catches up to the manga and ends the same time.

At least they hinted that school trip a lot of manga readers talked about (might be a hint that they'll continue the plot with a 2nd season or OVA or movie ... I don't know how much minutes they'd need to completely adapt everything).

But I'm not too motivated to watch more. Maybe ... if it is max 12 more episodes to completely adapt the manga and I have too much time and no other good stuff airs in the future if ... if they make a 2nd season.

Went from 8 to 7 (after introducing Neko) to 6/10 for me (not a lot of progress until the end ... too slow). Still some nice moments especially with Yoshino (best female char).
Mar 23, 2017 1:08 PM

May 2015
welll..... that will be a 6/10 for me
It started off really well and was enjoying it until the last few episodes where it dropped for me.

Well I am assuming there will be a S2 or ovas, otherwise it seems like a waste anime.
Mar 23, 2017 1:13 PM
Jan 2017
Why do you guys believe that there will be no second season or will take forever to make? The last scene was definitely a teaser but anyways the series started good but went kinda downhill ever since the fake masamune showed up
Mar 23, 2017 1:16 PM
Feb 2016
It really went melodramatic the last few episodes. It started out as a strong comedy but really went South around the middle. Not too impressed... I think I'm even more upset that the manga is at such a huge cliffhanger right now and the next chapter is being delayed by side stories that no one cares about. *Sigh* I really like this series, overall. I kinda hope they make a season 2 just so that ultra cliffhanger actually serves a purpose. I've seen a lot of anime that don't go on past one season that don't hint that much at a continuation.
Mar 23, 2017 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
So... after all we didnt able to witness the 'revenge' plot? Is this was really tough mission for Makabe to accomplish? Allow me to review with spoiler:

This anime had delivered a strong start where his 'revenge' and Adagaki's princess-like plot really captivated us.But what made the story gradually decline is that the story itself had a problem as the tone was lighthearted.This could fix up if that another background character, Neko, couldn't appear in episode 4.IMHO, she made this show lengthy and she didnt had any reason to ruin the show.To make it worse, Episode 10 really left many obnoxious as we get to introduced fat villain with zero introductory which hurt many fans.Afterward, we also see the ending is incomplete, and it was as expected that Makabe would forget his revenge plot as well, since the story's tone is always kept cheerful.(Well there was a simple dark moment which was highlighted on Neko arc final episode)

Additionally, the OP song was 'meh' and those who watched this on TV, might have been gotten pissed by watching thrice since it spoil the surprise package to viewers.This loses interest on this show greatly.

Since it had some fairly OK anime and overall its a decent show for those who like rom-com anime rather than not for those who want to watch standalone romance anime itself.

Edit: I think it didnt adapted full manga chapter hence this anime was meant to made in order to promote manga sales.

removed-userMar 23, 2017 1:37 PM
Mar 23, 2017 1:49 PM

May 2015
Glasses girl scolding Masamune when she was the first one with a dubious plan *Facepalm*

Yoshino in that Smurfette dwarf outfit was moe AF!

Neko one again having her wound rubbed with salt as Masamune chose to perform with Aki (to save her play) and kiss with her, poor girl. I hope he extend her gaze and realize that there is a trap Kojuurou waiting for her?!

Aki and Neko singing together was really cute, but they did not make a truce by shaking hands.

I really like the anime & the characters except the Infamous trio and Imposter-kun, if the show shed some light in him (more of his story) maybe I would have changed my mind at the end. Overall it was a funny show but you would think that having a theme of: ~ Revenge by making you fall in love with me ~ aside from some moment here and there the show didn’t impress me in that department.
Mar 23, 2017 1:55 PM

Aug 2015
You see, this is why I hate all unfinished adaptions..!

There better be a fucking season 2 to finish this clusterfuck...
Mar 23, 2017 2:07 PM

Aug 2016
I hope a conclusion very soon, I have many doubts and I don't want to read the manga, I will wait for the second season.

4/5
Mar 23, 2017 2:13 PM

Jul 2014
Japanese people's lack of constitution and near lethality of colds and flus for them never ceases to amaze.
Mar 23, 2017 2:19 PM

Feb 2012
The anime is over and nothing has changed.
Aki is still a hungry bitch.
Masamune is still a narcissist that's still trying to get revenge to this day.
Gasou was forgotten after the festival.
The three sheep still worship Aki like she's a Goddess and will stop Masamune from ever getting close to her.
If only it was a little bit more funny so I wouldn't regret wasting my time finishing it.
Mar 23, 2017 2:20 PM

Jun 2011
Sokah said:
Japanese people's lack of constitution and near lethality of colds and flus for them never ceases to amaze.

This is about as accurate as Americans only eating junk food.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Mar 23, 2017 2:41 PM

Aug 2013
So this anime was one of those where it ended with a "RTFM" sort of thing. Aka Read the Fucking Manga. Completely lackluster and underwhelming with this episode; I'd honestly be surprised if this got a season 2. But isn't the manga about to end anyways? But I digress. About a 3/5 for the episode and a 6/10 for the series overall.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 23, 2017 2:57 PM
Jun 2013
So they end it in the middle of this shitty arc?

There is like a super small portion of the manga left. They could have just wrapped it up in one episode if they tried.
Now we get a shitty super stretched, fan-service blighted seconds season, if this is not just shitty advertisement for the manga.
God fucking dammit. NOTHING was resolved. How can anyone in a clear mindset rate this 5/5?
Mar 23, 2017 2:57 PM
AnimeLover

Aug 2011
Mar 23, 2017 2:59 PM
Jun 2013
shintari said:
The three sheep still worship Aki like she's a Goddess and will stop Masamune from ever getting close to her.
If only it was a little bit more funny so I wouldn't regret wasting my time finishing it.

Or if only things would actually get resolved, like in the manga.
Mar 23, 2017 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
Jak said:
aoi-kurenai said:
That's the thing. There's not really enough content for another season.
I mean, if you include the side stories, it's got over 50 chapters to if.
Mar 23, 2017 3:20 PM

Oct 2016
shintari said:
Because the story's not over.
Mar 23, 2017 3:20 PM

Mar 2016
Best part was Neko singing because her VA is Mimorin (same VA as Umi from Love Live! and her singing voice is really good)... Anyway 6/10 just like the manga.
Mar 23, 2017 3:21 PM

Jun 2014
skip skip skip , jesus that was bad . i dont even know how i was able to finish this serie
Mar 23, 2017 3:22 PM

Feb 2008
A somewhat lukewarm ending, yet it was decent enough. That was probably the most awkward karaoke session I have ever witnessed, though... Yoshino and Makabe were glorious.
Mar 23, 2017 3:41 PM

Sep 2016
judging from the reaction here i guess i made the right decision dropping since ep2 lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

230 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2017

130 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.