Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 18, 2017 4:21 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, Buu's fight is pretty entertaining. I love watching him use his body for strange techniques.

His opponent is surprisingly strong. Guess that Basil guy wasn't joking although Buu is still stronger.
Loved the way that Buu fought though. Quite an entertaining episode. I'm starting to also like Universe 9, pretty badass as a group. Buu was really impressive in this fight.
Stark700Feb 18, 2017 6:00 PM
Feb 18, 2017 4:27 PM

Oct 2011
Basil never stood a chance against Buu even with the enhancement pill that was to be expected

looking forward to what gohan can do after the brief training he had

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Feb 18, 2017 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
Fucking finally we get to see Buu fight. There were some really good moments this episode, but the standout was that hooded guy not being the person Goku is fighting in the opening. I was predicting that parts of the opening's animation would change during the tournament and this might be some evidence in that favor. And yeah, this episode was pretty damn good.
removed-userFeb 18, 2017 4:41 PM
Feb 18, 2017 4:33 PM

Apr 2014
Gohan is probably going to lose. Also next episode's animation is looking pretty bad. Probably the weaker teams were working on it cuz of rotations. Anyway, still excited to see how the fight is going to turn out. HYPE

P.S. This episode was really good. Loved it
themanualreader@proton.me
Feb 18, 2017 5:36 PM
Mar 2010
Basil just got Rekt.
Feb 18, 2017 5:59 PM

Jul 2009
Nice to see Buu back in action again, such a good fight!

well, i guess gohan will lose next week? :/
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
Feb 18, 2017 6:25 PM

Dec 2007
It was good to see Buu back in action. I've missed seeing him fight. Looking forward to the next episode!
Feb 18, 2017 6:27 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a great fight....I wonder what would have happened if the steroids didn't ware off though. Also, I gotta give Gohan some slack now in regards to the whole not being able to sense Lavenda's Ki after that reveal
Feb 18, 2017 6:41 PM

Apr 2014
buu's fight was really nice loved the new sound tracks they have especially during the fight made it that much better

but now the ep i been waiting for next ep gohan finally in a serious fight after so long though it looks line the animations drops next ep sadly from the looks of the preview

none the less im looking forward to see what gohan will fight
"one step at a time"
Feb 18, 2017 6:42 PM

Jul 2012

Let the shippings begin!!
Feb 18, 2017 6:47 PM

Mar 2016
I love Buu's fighting style, its unlike anything we've seen so far in Super. Pretty entertaining episode imo, the new soundtracks are nice too!

Only three episodes in and this arc looks still very promising, don't drop the ball DBS!

Feb 18, 2017 6:50 PM

Jan 2012
Easily Super's best episode yet. And I'm not just saying that because my favorite anime character of all time got a win or anything....okay yes I am, Buu yeah! XD
Feb 18, 2017 7:37 PM

Apr 2010
finally a battle worth of Majin Buu!! I just hope Gohan is Cool Gohan instead of Lame Gohan this arc, come on time to use ur potential goddamnit!!
Feb 18, 2017 7:38 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Buu's battle against Basil was just so damn good and the animation in this episode was awesome! Universe 9 couldn't believe that a creature such as Buu exists at all. :D Impressive victory for Buu and he got to avenge Mr. Satan too! Basil put up a great fight too but the enhancement drugs didn't make him that impressive for me, though.

Highlight of the episode for me was Shin (Supreme Kai) and Beerus hugging from the celebration. xDD
Feb 18, 2017 7:41 PM

Jun 2016
Lmao Fat Buu was amazing this EP.
Feb 18, 2017 7:55 PM

Jan 2009
yep Buu is stronger than his opponent for sure lol

and does next episode have a different director or team of animators? since there is no thick lines or dark contrast effect from that preview
Feb 18, 2017 8:05 PM

Sep 2009
Very entertaining fight this week and glad to see that Buu won. Don't really get to see many fights from him so I am glad we had an episode dedicated to him fighting.

Hoping Gohan wins his match though I would not be surprised if he lost.
Feb 18, 2017 8:08 PM

Jul 2016
Frozenkiba said:

Jokes on you, I already ship them together!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2017 8:19 PM

Jul 2015
You know you're screwed whu Buu opens his eyes

Awesome fight classic trolling by Buu too XD
Feb 18, 2017 8:30 PM

Feb 2017
It was a 6/10 max. Didnt see much crazyness of buu, compared to dbz buu.
And somehow the faces of the characters look shitty. especially of gohan. Its episode 79 and they still have problems with drawings.
Those drawings that show the characters in a bit distance, look like 6 year old kids made them. Oh well, this shouldnt be a suprise since its dissapointing from the beginning of super

Looks at this rofl, garbage
BallardoFeb 18, 2017 8:58 PM
Feb 18, 2017 8:51 PM

Dec 2011
I'm loving the new art style a lot and this arc is totally lit.Really good first fight and Buu show us his best xD
I am excited for next week Gohan fight.I don't expect him to win but it will be a good chance for him to get back to training after this for the main tournament.
P.s That hooded guy is not the one in the opening since he has a big moustache.
Feb 18, 2017 8:52 PM

Jan 2016
That was one good fight from Mr. Buu :D

Basil never stood a chance but his strength wasn't bad... High SSJ2 tier are bs at this point but it's good for some U7 characters that have been left behind xD Some tricks are odd for even the strongest warriors though, we'll see that in the next episode.

By the way, the drawings felt weaker here... Specially in some facial features but nevermind. Next episode will go through the same thing but if the fight is interesting, I'll try to ignore that.

Highlight of the episode (and probably the whole series):

xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 18, 2017 9:03 PM

Feb 2017
Floyd said:
That was one good fight from Mr. Buu :D

Basil never stood a chance but his strength wasn't bad... High SSJ2 tier are bs at this point but it's good for some U7 characters that have been left behind xD Some tricks are odd for even the strongest warriors though, we'll see that in the next episode.

By the way, the drawings felt weaker here... Specially in some facial features but nevermind. Next episode will go through the same thing but if the fight is interesting, I'll try to ignore that.

xD

Look the pictures i uploaded 2 posts above. Ignoring is not possible if you know how real dragon ball characters should look like. Its kinda dissapointing because they make it even worse each episode lol.
But somehow most people love the animation/drawings
BallardoFeb 18, 2017 9:07 PM
Feb 18, 2017 9:14 PM

Jan 2016
Ballardo said:
Look the pictures i uploaded 2 posts above. Ignoring is not possible if you know how real dragon ball characters should look like. Its kinda dissapointing because they make it even worse each episode lol.

I wonder what could happen to downgrade like that... Well, DBS wasn't that superb in animation and drawing but lately it's getting too noticeable xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 18, 2017 9:26 PM

Feb 2017
Floyd said:
Ballardo said:

I wonder what could happen to downgrade like that... Well, DBS wasn't that superb in animation and drawing but lately it's getting too noticeable xD

Just write the anime studio's name at google. That should explain it :D
Feb 18, 2017 9:35 PM

Jul 2014
Hell yeah! Seeing Majin Buu fight again was refreshing. That could've been over in seconds but I really enjoyed how they gradually let Buu have the upper hand and then go on and win. I'm very excited to see Gohan fight. This might be a one-way traffic for more time than we expect, I don't have a doubt that Gohan will win, but it'll be interesting to see how he wins it.

We managed to see a little of what Toppo from Universe 11 is capable of, can't wait to see those guys fight once the tournament starts.

But man, Universe 9's Sidra really is very indecisive, which was expected once the info got leaked but he's that indecisive? That's a shame really since his character design looks very menacing to say the least.

Frozenkiba said:

And lol, agreed that Shin hugging Beerus was the stand-out moment in the episode.
Feb 18, 2017 9:43 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

I don't know but I thought Satan faked the injury to get Buu to be a little more serious. xD

Fight was great, I was so waiting for the steam blow moment. Love it when buu lets off steam. Now all I want is a Kid Buu cameo somewhere during this arc. XD
Red Fox guy was basically using Diable Jambe. xD

Yellow Shady Fox guy is up next, can't wait to see Gohan in action.
Feb 18, 2017 9:55 PM

Aug 2014
They really fighting Sonic, Tails & Knuckles lol
Feb 18, 2017 10:25 PM

Jun 2012
Now this is the Dragon Ball I knew. Great animation, much crisper and less garish color palette, and an awesome fight. Really looking forward to this arc.
Feb 18, 2017 10:26 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Ahhh Buu was sooo good this episode! Dang I loved this!
I hope they put a little focus on the angels and Gods of each universe for real though, because it looks like the Supreme Kai runs the show in Universe 9.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 18, 2017 10:30 PM

Apr 2012
Those hoping that Majin Buu would somehow transform into Kid Buu when needed would be disappointed because it's highly impossible in my opinion because Kid Buu is epitome of his evil side and that side of him has been obliterated by Gokou`s spirit Ball.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 18, 2017 10:38 PM

Dec 2014
Took me like 30 seconds to realize that was Buu's laugh.

and that Beerus, Supreme Kai hug tho
Feb 18, 2017 11:03 PM

Dec 2011
Janethan23 said:
Those hoping that Majin Buu would somehow transform into Kid Buu when needed would be disappointed because it's highly impossible in my opinion because Kid Buu is epitome of his evil side and that side of him has been obliterated by Gokou`s spirit Ball.

Yeah and also Kid Buu should now be already reincarnate as Uub.
Feb 19, 2017 1:03 AM

Aug 2014
I did like Buu's punching bag type of fighting style, but other than that DBS is still pulling some of the most cookie cutter plot or better said fighting progression there is.
Feb 19, 2017 1:41 AM

Sep 2016
that was pretty good, basil kick attacks are pretty cool, but next episode preview looks really bad for some reason
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 19, 2017 2:00 AM

Oct 2015
I like the new animation style, but that Gohan face was just fugly.

Yeah, Gohan will lose, since he's weak now. Or maybe somehow manages to win, and Goku will insist on fighting the last member too, instead of letting the last wolf-guy getting destroyed by Zen-oh without a fight. This arc looks so promising.
Feb 19, 2017 2:04 AM

Jun 2015
Dayum that shit was fire, lets see what gohan can do.
Feb 19, 2017 2:07 AM

Mar 2014
Why is a Supreme Kai so maniacal?

And Gohan's fight is gonna be the usual WWE match.
Feb 19, 2017 2:10 AM

Aug 2012
Great fight, when Buu opens his eyes you know you're screwed.
Feb 19, 2017 4:37 AM

Jan 2013
Lit episode, the action was great and possibly the best Super has had in a long time. It's been a while since we saw Buu going all out like this and beating his opponent. Disliked how they shamelessly took Buu out of the previous Tournament Saga.

Gohan time. If I'm correct, the preview didnt showcase the elements these few last episodes have. It looks like we're back at the standard animation. Should still be good tho
Feb 19, 2017 4:37 AM

Feb 2013
You don't mess with Satan if you don't want Buu to get serious.
Feb 19, 2017 4:48 AM
Dec 2010
This was fun to watch, though it looked a little weird sometimes. Also, did they forgot that Kibito also can heal? Or it's just that nobody cares about Mr. Satan?

I always liked the tournaments in DB, so I'm looking forward to this arc.
Feb 19, 2017 5:36 AM

Sep 2014
That hooded guy really got my attention.Buu was amazing in this fight and barely felt anything from Basil's attacks.The greatest tank in the series.Gohan now enters the match against that screw loose yellow wolf.I don't think he will win though.I hope I'll be wrong.

Also,screw the shitty Zenos and Grand-Priest who allow drugs in the arena.I really got annoyed during that part.
Feb 19, 2017 6:39 AM

Dec 2014
well that was fun to watch..I hope the losing tEaM DO NOT get destroyed
Feb 19, 2017 7:06 AM

May 2015
Welp, this fight was better than 90% of Super so far.

Majin motherfucking Buu is awesome. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 19, 2017 7:25 AM

Nov 2010
Ballardo said:
It was a 6/10 max. Didnt see much crazyness of buu, compared to dbz buu.
And somehow the faces of the characters look shitty. especially of gohan. Its episode 79 and they still have problems with drawings.
Those drawings that show the characters in a bit distance, look like 6 year old kids made them. Oh well, this shouldnt be a suprise since its dissapointing from the beginning of super

Looks at this rofl, garbage

Oh stop whining. I skipped Black's arc and decided to give this one a try and the imporvment in art an animation is huge. Those three episodes look amazing compared to shitty universe 6 tournament or One Piece anime.
Feb 19, 2017 7:34 AM

Sep 2014
Supreme kai X God of destruction confirmed!

I havent been so hyped about dragonball since the introduction of Vegetto.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 19, 2017 8:38 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I wonder if the Dangerous Trio can mask their ki since Goku and Gohan couldn't sense how powerful they are.
That Basil guy is pretty strong, he's got some good leg moves, that Shining Blaster looked pretty cool. Would be nice to see it in Xenoverse 2.

Universe 9's Supreme Kai xD
That guy is hilarious.

Beerus x Shin ultimate ship.

And Goku once again smh
Telling Universe 9's Basil to go all out. And even then Buu beat Basil twice.

Up next Gohan. Let's see the results of training with Picollo.

Feb 19, 2017 9:30 AM

Aug 2015
Gohan next week. I don't even want to watch it because I know he's going to get his ass kicked. Come on, why did Goku even ask Gohan? Even Piccolo would have been a far better choice.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Feb 19, 2017 9:34 AM

Feb 2017
Dahaka_ said:

Oh stop whining. I skipped Black's arc and decided to give this one a try and the imporvment in art an animation is huge. Those three episodes look amazing compared to shitty universe 6 tournament or One Piece anime.

Whining? Im stating real facts provided with pictures. Its garbage, not that i care that much since its been like this since episode 1.
I just found it amusing that people gave a lot compliments about this episode while it was medicore.
It might look amazing for you because you didnt watch other dragon ball series (checked your animelist). Those faces and body shapes look totaly different than the original characters
BallardoFeb 19, 2017 9:40 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 95 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

86 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 94 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

79 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

109 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 92 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

110 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 91 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

59 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.