Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 12, 2017 7:06 AM

Sep 2012
WeeziMonkey said:
This is some derpy animation.

Here's some more, looks like they did it in the hurry

HewsonFeb 12, 2017 7:11 AM
Feb 12, 2017 8:38 AM
May 2012
hassage said:
MarianSony11 said:
wow the writer is an idiot...Goku is now a joke in Super...
He was way more serious in Z...

Goku gave a Senzu to Cell in DBZ so he did also stupid actions in DBZ.

Not stupid actions...the way he acts, his behavior...
He wasn't that "dumb" or that carefree in Z....
Feb 12, 2017 8:48 AM

Dec 2010
This can't be. Next... a full episode dedicated to just this fight? For god's sake, this isn't interesting.
@Episode, 3/5
Feb 12, 2017 8:59 AM

Dec 2012
Loving the new art style!
And Buu needs a new transformation

Feb 12, 2017 9:16 AM

Dec 2014
well the thrill continued to rise..I loved the new sound track
Feb 12, 2017 10:24 AM

Mar 2010
That was a awkward smile by buu, this seems like a epic arc.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 12, 2017 10:45 AM

Feb 2017
I hate it when we dont get to see a bit fighting. This episode was only talk. Gotta wait till next week for the real fight scenes

ps. i noticed the animation/colouring was different
Feb 12, 2017 10:48 AM

Feb 2015
Goku still doesn't seem to really care what he's done and seems completely fine with it. Cool to see Buu finally getting a chance to fight, though. Next episode gonna be nice.
Feb 12, 2017 11:29 AM
Mar 2014
tkrisz2 said:
MonkeyDMike said:

No there are 12.And the two universes' numbers that equals to 13 are considered twins and are connected with each other creating a twin universe if I remember correctly.

Yes but it means each of them are twin-universes. 1+12,2+11,3+10,4+9,5+8,6+7. Each of them equals to 13.
And there used to be 18 universes in total. My point is, if they use this sum-13 logic, the other 6 universes that were destroyed had been some kind of "special" universes, since you can't apply the sum-13 logic. If they'd be still existing maybe 13-14, 15-16,17-18 universes could be twins, but if it's true, the 13-sum logic wouldn't apply, and it doesn't make much sense.

MonkeyDMike said:

Yeah if you count the other 6 erased universes I agree it doesn't make sense; maybe the sum-13 logic applies only for the 12 existing universes and the others were unique on their own.The only thing I could think is that the universe numbers were changed after the other universes were erased forming the 13-sum rule but then again it gets a bit complicated and I don't really expect an explanation from Toriyama.I think that the other 6 universes were mentioned only to show how dangerous Zeno can be if he is in bad mood.

Tony_SansNom said:
It's probably a plot hole but they can correct it anyway because it doesn't matter for universe 7 and universe 6 they aren't extremes like 1 or 12 (18 was the original number).

It's not a plot hole... it's not complicated... why is everyone being so stupid?

There were originally 18 universes, where each universe had a "twin". Which means a sum-19 rule MUST HAVE applied back then (i.e. 1+18, 2+17, 3+16, 4+15, 5+14, 6+13, 7+12, 8+11, 9+10... Each set of twins equals to 19!). When the OLD previous universe 6 pissed off Zeno, he got mad and ended up erasing 6 universes (3 sets of twins). The remaining 12 universes were re-numbered, and THEN the 'sum-13 logic' came into existence! Replacing the old 'sum-19 logic'... get it?

It's not that hard to follow, the rule is ONLY based on the current number of universes, there are NO "special" universes, ALL 18 universes are EQUAL -___-

AGAIN if Zeno got mad after THIS tournament, and decided to erase another 4 universes ( 2 sets of twins), then the 'sum 13 logic' wouldn't make any sense. They would HAVE TO APPLY a 'sum 9 logic' at that point, and re-number the remaining 8 universes once again.
The10tailedwolfFeb 12, 2017 11:36 AM
Feb 12, 2017 1:04 PM

Apr 2012
MarianSony11 said:
wow the writer is an idiot...Goku is now a joke in Super...
He was way more serious in Z...

Actually; NO.
During the Cell saga; he deferred to Gohan putting everyone's life in danger resulting in Kaio and Tranks dying.
During the Babidi arc Gokou preferred to not finish off Majin Buu when he went SS3 for the first time. He admitted to this multiple times.

Akira Toriyama needs to really stop pandering to the fans who only care about "who's stronger. Every time Toriyama doe's this garbage Gokou's character is less and less favorable.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 12, 2017 1:18 PM

Mar 2016
Animation is finally decent (except that initial filter)...
Feb 12, 2017 2:29 PM

Jul 2007
Klad said:
It's a nice episode and all, but it has put so many minuses in Goku's character. He doesn't even feel like Goku anymore to me.

Its exactly like Goku has always been.

Goku has always been obsessed about fights. He is the perfect embodiment of his race and it is something we have yet to see him actually overcome. Even if he was raised on Earth he is still a Saiyan and one of the most perfect ones.

Through the show ever since DB, Goku continuously sought fights and thrill of even competition. That's all he cares about. In fact a lot of his behavior in Dragon Ball Z was outright selfish in a lot of ways, placing his own planet at risk for a good fight.

What's more, Goku is pretty much Monkey King from Journey to the West(the story DB was based upon). And Sun Wukong, the Monkey King is a careless trickster. He is not a pure hero. He is someone who causes trouble almost as much as solves that, because of his pride and power. Monkey King is careless powerful trickster who disrespects laws, logic and sensibility.

And Goku just like his mythological inspiration never took anything too seriously nor got a grasp on the idea of responsibility. And its nice to have that in forefront now. In a way what is going on shows the viewer the aspect of Goku that the likes of Zamasu were so infuriated at. Its obvious this is a point of character development for Goku, something he has to realize about himself and eventually hopefully overcome.
Feb 12, 2017 3:48 PM
Oct 2008
This arc is off to a good start. Goku's desire for a good fight putting entire universe's at risk this time. I just don't understand why the kids have been pushed to the sidelines so much. I was assuming Trunks and Goten would be in the tournament. Seemed like a no-brainer, they went the extra mile to turn Goku into a child in GT. And here they basically have a chibi Goku and have completely wasted his character. Whereas Kid Trunks has done what... develop a crush on Mai and fight his future self.

Instead they're gonna bring back #17... which I'm actually not opposed to the idea. More screen-time with the androids is always a good thing. I can't wait to see Krillin, #17, and #18 interacting in some way. Also I can't wait to see #17 meeting Marron. The one thing I'm entirely opposed to is the inclusion of Master Roshi... like what the actual hell. Roshi power-wise became irrelevant during the final arc's of DB. And yeah I know people will invoke the whole "Power Levels are Bullshit" card. But it's bizarre as hell seeing him on the same team as Majin Buu. It was weird enough seeing him show up during Resurrection F and take on Freeza soldiers that at the same time gave Krillin trouble it was so inconsistent. Jeez I would've even preffered Monaka being there instead of Roshi... Sigh... I'm going to stop ranting about Roshi or this will go on for awhile.

All in all I've heavily disliked DBS so far, but I really am looking forward to this next arc.
Feb 12, 2017 3:53 PM

Jul 2013
God I love that new OP so much <3

Episode was decent. I like how they're building up towards the tourney even if I hate to wait another full week >.<

Nice to see Buu and Gohan back hopefully with good fights. I think a lot of people would like to them back in action. That were a lot of new characters you could see. I'm sure they will get better introduced within the next episodes.

Of course Goku doesn't give a shit about anything haha. The dogs? from universe 9 seems not to bad at fighting but it's early to judge in any way about them. That grin on Buu's face at the end reminded a lot on DBZ when he first got introduced. Can't wait to see the next episode. That arc is definitely HYPE!!! :P

Feb 12, 2017 6:31 PM

Nov 2015
Hercule/Mr. Satan is back to his original costume and physique, finally (: couldn't stand his thinner frame and gaudier clothing
Feb 13, 2017 11:27 AM

Jun 2013
Goku is as stupid as he is strong, countless lives will be lost because of him
Feb 13, 2017 5:08 PM

Oct 2011
pillsburyXV said:

The one thing I'm entirely opposed to is the inclusion of Master Roshi... like what the actual hell. Roshi power-wise became irrelevant during the final arc's of DB. And yeah I know people will invoke the whole "Power Levels are Bullshit" card. But it's bizarre as hell seeing him on the same team as Majin Buu. It was weird enough seeing him show up during Resurrection F and take on Freeza soldiers that at the same time gave Krillin trouble it was so inconsistent. Jeez I would've even preffered Monaka being there instead of Roshi... Sigh... I'm going to stop ranting about Roshi or this will go on for awhile.

i would have him take part in the mock battle with the dogs from universe 9 to show that goku's universe can compete equally with them then after roshi won i'd writte him off the team for poor health condition then with one person less they would really have to struggle to win the whole tournament

to be fair he can beat chars like botamo or a weaker magetta type or not ;p

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Feb 13, 2017 5:35 PM
Feb 2017
it was a good episode, only goku continues seeming retarded and i wish gohan dies soon
Feb 13, 2017 5:52 PM
Feb 2017
it was a good episode, only goku continues seeming retarded and i wish gohan dies soon
Feb 14, 2017 12:27 AM

Oct 2008
Goku you take responsibility for the things you've done universe scale!
OMG all of the kaio-shins, god of destructions and angels of 12 universes!
Wolf/dog team is the Universe 9!
Buu isn't just for show!
5/5.

Feb 14, 2017 4:36 AM

Mar 2014
I'm really liking the slight refinement in the artstyle with this new arc. The linework especially stands out as seeming more natural to me, looking more like hand-drawn CELs than digital lines. The shading also seems slightly better than it was in earlier arcs. Here's hoping they continue with this level of quality. ^_^
::End of Transmission::

Feb 14, 2017 5:30 AM

Oct 2011
after the episode 77, I saw lots of people complaining about Goku irresponsability, because he remembered Zen'ou about the tournament... to me, THAT was more innocence, since didn't passed through his mind the danger of deal with Zen'ou (he don't even considered the possibility of the tournament be something dangerous)

but, now is a totally different story... in this episode, he was a complete jerk... now he know that the defeated universes will be erased and don't seems to even care about it... he get surprised at first, but immediatally get excited about the exibition battle and ignored the problem... he suggested a solution (ask to Zen'ou to cancel this rule), but only because Kaioshin and Beerus keeping talking about the problem that the rule is, not because he is worried (yeah... the God of Destruction is more concerned about the safety of the universes, than Goku ^^' )...
and so, when Beerus say that he'll need to take responsability, Goku only say that he'll have to win? Like, yeah... save our universe. and fuck the other 11 and the billions of innocent live that I condemned
good old Goku would, at least, be worried about it...

like, in Cell's arc... he act like the battle-maniac that he is, putting his son to fight Cell alone (after healing him) just because he was confident that Gohan was stronger... even with the destiny of the Earth in the table
but, the moment Piccolo scold him (telling that Gohan don't think like him, and all that), Goku immediately realized the mistake he made, and try to get a senzu bean to join the battle (was too late, but...).
Feb 18, 2017 12:36 PM

May 2016
Not a bad episode to be honest.
Feb 19, 2017 12:47 AM

Mar 2008
Goku has reached such a level of unlikability is is amazing. Is the idea to make people hate Goku so much that they can end the show without ever being asked to bring it back?

Sure, Goku has been stupid in the past. He's made reckless choices. But he's never been this stupid or utterly a sociopath. Dumb choices have been made like letting Freeza reach his full power before fighting or giving Cell a senzu bean. But those were cases at least where Goku was either only risking his own life or he was utterly sure of victory. It was an arrogance similar to what Vegeta has done at times. And even then he was worried when things were going bad for Gohan or when things were getting out of hand with Gohan's personality getting a bit warped during that fight. This Goku? He doesn't get it. He doesn't get it or he doesn't care that he just doomed untold numbers of people to their deaths.

But this is on another level. No matter what all the other universes outside of the winner will be wiped out! The best case scenario is their universe survives and all the others are obliterated! That is so many people being wiped out of existence I don't think we can even comprehend it. That is the best case. Goku's actions just on their own have damned untold numbers of people to be annihilated! This makes him the greatest villain in Dragon Ball history! No one they've fought in the original, Z, or Super will have a body count higher than Goku and Zen-Oh after this tournament. He doesn't even care or comprehend it. He's just damned all those people to death. Winning just means the people he knows will survive, that's it.

In some way things will work out, but I sure as hell Goku gets a slap of reality. All of reality would be a better place if he had died before this arc. This isn't on a scale comparable to what Goku has done before so I'm not sure why people are even trying to act like this is.
Feb 26, 2017 2:23 AM

Apr 2013
They better let Boo win this fight... if he loses again and the Saiyan wanking continues I'll be really mad.
Mar 30, 2017 5:11 AM
Mar 2017
So could buu absorb vegeta and goku during or after the tournament to become the absolute boss?
Apr 20, 2017 1:12 AM

Apr 2015
So the angels from all universes are related to each other I think hmm. Man Buu with that smile sure is weird XD.
Jul 26, 2017 10:05 PM

Apr 2009
Hype out the ass, go Buu go!
Oct 29, 2017 1:17 AM

May 2016
the episode where even Mr. Satan smarter than Goku... this is the utmost stupidity (y)
Apr 2, 2018 11:00 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Very hard rules for the losers!!! :/
Expectation for this exhibition, starter the warm-up!!!!
Sep 8, 2018 8:30 PM

Mar 2014
I find it funny how Goku keeps finding ways of destroying more and more of the universe. Now he's automatically destroyed the entire multiverse with this setup
May 24, 2019 6:34 AM

Jan 2013
Dragon Ball: Battle Royale

Zen-oh is a dickhead.
"Fight for my amusement. The losers will get obliterated."
Oct 5, 2019 9:00 PM

Dec 2012
Null realm?
The SDB have already been gathered.
Nothing?
OH SHIT! The universes that lose are elimated by Zeno? OH SHIT!
lol at Beers reaction.
An exhibition.
Royal PreZence Matches.
7th vs 9th.
LMAO Goku didn't even think of Gohan at first. As expected since he's trash.
lol Goku really went to Gohan.
Goku gassing up Gohan with lies.
Goku is going to tell Gohan the truth about the tournament.
lol at Goku telling Gohan to keep it secret first.
Gohan told Goku it was irresponsible.
Gohan's weak ass is entering.
Goku flies by the fraud.
Gohan really wearing glasses in his fathers gi. The disrespect.
Who are they?
9th universe.
Is that the Joker and Harley?
lol at Beers bringing Goku back with the quickness.
lol at Beers whistling.
Boo is asleep.
Boo vs Red Fox.
Boo is down.
Dat smile.
Dat ending.

I wouldn't be surprised if Goku gets jumped by everyone after this. Its understandable that the gods would hate him, but if everyone he knows finds out, they will hate him. Heck, if Goku had told Vegeta right there on the spot, I really believe Vegeta would have fought him to the death. Goku's purity is also a danger.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 31, 2021 12:11 PM

Jun 2019
Oh boy, Buu is grinning.
May 9, 2021 10:14 PM

Jan 2010
Goku really just inadvertently put twelve universes at risk of obliteration? Just...how many lives did Goku just doom? Also, did Goku really forget Gohan existed? His first thought when told "ask your son" was Goten? Really? And harking back, Goku doesn't know what kissing is and has never kissed Chi-Chi? He also doesn't understand what pregnancy is? He used the excuse of being dead for missing Goten's birth, but what happened to Gohan?

This...this can't be real. I get he was dropped on the head as a baby from a cliff, but...actually, yeah, that might be it. There's just no way he can be this dysfunctional, other than writer intervention to make him this selfish and insensitive.

I just can't believe it. This is Bokurano all over again.
ShockedMay 9, 2021 10:22 PM
Dec 20, 2022 7:07 AM

Nov 2020
Nice to see Buu again!
Apr 28, 8:51 AM

Jan 2021
Buu giggle make me happy
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 95 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

86 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 94 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

79 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

109 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 92 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

110 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 91 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

59 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.