Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 11, 2017 4:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was alright for an episode, nice to see Buu again. I like how Goku ignored Mr Satan at first

I think this episode just builds up more for the arc. Really nice to see that they introduced a bunch of new characters this episode. Can't wait to see what they can really do!
Feb 11, 2017 4:32 PM

Jul 2009
That evil grin at the end :), looking forward to see what buu will do.
KrillusFeb 11, 2017 4:37 PM
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
Feb 11, 2017 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
I've seriously been waiting for Buu to get a good fight for so many damn years now. Here's to hoping the furry universe gets hakai'd first.

The models still look eh but the outlines/cell shading is helping them. The animation for the fight at the end and in the preview actually looked pretty good.

And they sorta killed the tension of this whole arc by a certain thing in this episode if I'm guessing correctly.
removed-userFeb 11, 2017 7:01 PM
Feb 11, 2017 5:53 PM

Jun 2016
Episode Summary: "Biggest cock-tease of 2017."
Feb 11, 2017 6:18 PM
Feb 2017
oh buu is finally fighting after so many years... i was really underwhelmed when he was casted off in the univers 7/6 tournament because he was too dumb, hope he put up a good fight tho, cause you know he ain't kid buu or super buu just good old fat buu and he didn't seem to have trained or have powered up even a little bit since the majin buu arc in DBZ, i just hope he doesn't get rekt by basil...
Feb 11, 2017 6:22 PM

Jan 2012
It took 78 episodes, but finally! Majin Buu's getting an actual fight in Dragon Ball Super! Look at his smile near the end too, Buu's about to wreck this dog/fool...I think/hope! XD
animefan8800Feb 11, 2017 6:33 PM
Feb 11, 2017 6:51 PM

Jan 2016
Interesting choices of Goku. Gohan and Buu, two characters that have been forgotten until now lol

The dog warriors seem to be quite fast but it's too early to judge them yet since we know how Buu fights xD I hope we see the fearsome Majin Buu he was when he was first introduced for the next episode :D
THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 11, 2017 7:01 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Come on, Buu! Show that mutt what you're capable of! That smirk at the end is giving me good vibes. xD I haven't seen Buu fight in a battle since forever!

Darn it, Goku! He's embarrassing himself in front of the other gods. :/ Well I can't wait to find out the names of the other gods from each universe.
Feb 11, 2017 7:03 PM

Sep 2011
Sudden change in art style. Based Buu fighting again. All these new characters. Animation is actually decent suddenly. Dare I say it, Dragon Ball Super is hype again.

Feb 11, 2017 7:08 PM

Sep 2016
OMG, I've been waiting for something like this for a long time, I'm gonna cry from excitement xD
Can't wait for next episode!
Feb 11, 2017 7:30 PM

Jan 2009
damn Buu is about to get serious on the next episode right? lol
Feb 11, 2017 7:31 PM

Apr 2014
it was a good ep but i knew it was gonna take all ep for the fight to even start and then end on a cliffhanger like that

but atleast we got to see all the gods and such so all in all things are about to get really good cant wait for next ep
"one step at a time"
Feb 11, 2017 7:48 PM

Jan 2016
Goku is great, i wish they had a flying nimbus test at these tourneys lol
my body is ready for the next arc because after they win, they wish for everything deleted to come back including everything prior to these millions of what not.

Feb 11, 2017 8:32 PM

Dec 2011
Nice build up episode xD
We will now see an exhibition match before the main event and first fight going for Buu.
That smirk at the end just got me excited xD
Feb 11, 2017 8:37 PM
Oct 2016
Surprise surprise, Goku only gets a slap in the wrist. Can't wait for next episode where wolfy's gonna be achocolate bar, the smile Buu had says it all.
Feb 11, 2017 9:23 PM

May 2015
So far, I'm digging this new arc... diversity in characters’ models and fighting styles~♥

On a side note:
Man... I know the ramification of Goku dumbness about the outcome of losing universe is not going to be touched for many chapters but I think that Goku doesn’t want to have innocent people killed he is a good guy so either he is going to convince Zenou to forget about erasing the loosing universe because if he did that all the fun he had he/both Zenou would lose it... or Goku & company are going to wish all of the erased universe back by the Super or regular Dragon Balls or he is going to invite all of the looser combatant & universe inhabitant to his own universe (like when DC merged all of his universes into one), like I said Goku is a good guy but then again something like that already occurred. Future Trunks timeline/universe and the inhabitant was decimated thanks to Zamasu, that universe didn’t got a happy ending…
Feb 11, 2017 9:48 PM

Apr 2016
great ep. that smirk at the end. this arc is hype
Feb 11, 2017 10:13 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode and great start to the arc, but am annoyed with Goku's characterization as of late. Toei really has made Goku such an unlikable character in Dragon Ball Super, he feels less like an inspirational comicbook hero and more like an inconsiderate, selfish, idiot. He used to care more about the well being of his friends and family and fight to protect them. Now he is knowingly risking everyone's life just so he can have fun fighting new opponents. Not to mention he even seemed to forget Gohan was his son in this episode.

Prediction: Xeno will destroy 11 universes, but the winner of the tournament will use the Super Dragon Balls to wish them back.
KalleyFeb 11, 2017 10:18 PM
Feb 11, 2017 10:21 PM
Jul 2018
Kalley said:
Prediction: Xeno will destroy 11 universes, but the winner of the tournament will use the Super Dragon Balls to wish them back.

Feb 11, 2017 10:26 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode and nice start to the arc.

Buu is finally gonna be getting a fight, now if only we could have a Kid Buu cameo somewhere, everything would be complete. xD

That Buu smile at the end was awesome.

Kalley said:
Great episode and great start to the arc, but am annoyed with Goku's characterization as of late. Toei really has made Goku such an unlikable character in Dragon Ball Super, he feels less like an inspirational comicbook hero and more like an inconsiderate, selfish, idiot. He used to care more about the well being of his friends and family. Now he can't even remember he has a son and is willing risk everyone's life so he can have fun fighting a new opponent.

I am gonna have to agree with this on a certain level, they took what was his fun idiocy and presumptuous nature and kinda maximized it. I think most of it has to do with the fact that we don't really have the "Save the World" plot point anymore like we did in Z. Despite all that, I still like him. xD

Prediction: Xeno will destroy 11 universes, but the winner of tournament will use the Super Dragon Balls to wish them back.

Was gonna say the same thing. xD
Feb 11, 2017 10:34 PM

Aug 2008
This arc is giving me the hype!
Feb 11, 2017 11:39 PM
Mar 2014
Prediction: Universe 7 will LOSE the tournament in the end...

And universe 11 will be the ones to wish ALL 17 OTHER universes back into existence! And Goku will finally learn the error of his carefree ways.
Feb 12, 2017 12:05 AM

Jun 2015
Wow goku is fucking dumb af, he's only concerned bout his own universe, what bout the other universes that'll get erased just coz of goku's stupidity?

That buu smirk tho xD
Feb 12, 2017 12:08 AM

Jun 2015
Kalley said:

Yeah that can happen.
Feb 12, 2017 12:11 AM
Mar 2010
Well Goku did a lot of stupid crap that almost distressed the world before so in not entire surprise, remember him giving cell a zenzo break, giving freeza his ki and store freeza love he really doesn't think about the consequence of his actions.
Feb 12, 2017 2:48 AM

Sep 2016
new animation is too bright for me ugh
I guess it will take us 3 (or 4 if goku episode takes 2) episode only for this exhibition match, or maybe less if the match gets stopped in the middle to build rivalry between goku and wolf guy
how long the actual tournament will be? with 12 universe and 10 combatants each?
and it's kinda obvious that the winner will restore all universes with super dragon ball. as long as ubiverse 7 win, there is no risk, but no reward either, fuck zeno and goku -_-
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 12, 2017 2:49 AM

Sep 2014
A mini fight between Universes 7 & 9 to show future Zeno how a tournament looks like.3 vs 3 and Goku chose Gohan who knows about what will happen to every universe that will lose and Buu.Really loved that this time Buu will be in a fight!Basil vs Buu next week.The two things I dislike now are how Goku behaves at times and the two Zenos.I already hated the 1st one now I have to bear two innocent a**holes.
MonkeyDHunterFeb 12, 2017 3:00 AM
Feb 12, 2017 2:53 AM

Jan 2013
It's a nice episode and all, but it has put so many minuses in Goku's character. He doesn't even feel like Goku anymore to me.
Feb 12, 2017 3:00 AM

Oct 2015
I am really hyped. I guess it's gonna be even better than universe 6-7 tournament.

Though I think the outcome will be really predictable: The winner wishes back all the universes, or something. Maybe it will enrage Zen-oh or the great priest and the tournament turns into another arc where they will fight the great priest or something like that...?

By the way, they mentioned I don't know when, that there are 13 universes. They also mentioned they're parallel to each other with their numbers: each parallel universes' number's sum equals to 13. 1+12=13, 6+7=13 and so on. Originally there were more universes, so was that an error??? It's not related to this arc, I just remembered they had mentioned something like this, then they said there used to be more universes. Another plot-hole maybe.
Feb 12, 2017 3:06 AM

Apr 2015
Really Amazing Episode....Too Many Gods Of Destruction
Cant Wait To See More
Feb 12, 2017 3:06 AM

Sep 2014
tkrisz2 said:
I am really hyped. I guess it's gonna be even better than universe 6-7 tournament.

Though I think the outcome will be really predictable: The winner wishes back all the universes, or something. Maybe it will enrage Zen-oh or the great priest and the tournament turns into another arc where they will fight the great priest or something like that...?

By the way, they mentioned I don't know when, that there are 13 universes. They also mentioned they're parallel to each other with their numbers: each parallel universes' number's sum equals to 13. 1+12=13, 6+7=13 and so on. Originally there were more universes, so was that an error??? It's not related to this arc, I just remembered they had mentioned something like this, then they said there used to be more universes. Another plot-hole maybe.

No there are 12.And the two universes' numbers that equals to 13 are considered twins and are connected with each other creating a twin universe if I remember correctly.
Feb 12, 2017 3:10 AM
Mar 2016
Overall very good episode. Balanced script, decent animation, sensible use of old characters, cliffhanger.
Considering the quality of all previous episodes i'd give this one 5/5. Keep up this version of DBS!
Feb 12, 2017 3:15 AM

Oct 2015
MonkeyDMike said:

No there are 12.And the two universes' numbers that equals to 13 are considered twins and are connected with each other creating a twin universe if I remember correctly.

Yes but it means each of them are twin-universes. 1+12,2+11,3+10,4+9,5+8,6+7. Each of them equals to 13.
And there used to be 18 universes in total. My point is, if they use this sum-13 logic, the other 6 universes that were destroyed had been some kind of "special" universes, since you can't apply the sum-13 logic. If they'd be still existing maybe 13-14, 15-16,17-18 universes could be twins, but if it's true, the 13-sum logic wouldn't apply, and it doesn't make much sense.
Feb 12, 2017 3:21 AM

May 2010
i have lost all faith in DBS being anything like DB/DBZ, at this point i'd say DBGT>DBS.
Feb 12, 2017 3:21 AM

Sep 2014
tkrisz2 said:
MonkeyDMike said:

Yes but it means each of them are twin-universes. 1+12,2+11,3+10,4+9,5+8,6+7. Each of them equals to 13.
And there used to be 18 universes in total. My point is, if they use this sum-13 logic, the other 6 universes that were destroyed had been some kind of "special" universes, since you can't apply the sum-13 logic. If they'd be still existing maybe 13-14, 15-16,17-18 universes could be twins, but if it's true, the 13-sum logic wouldn't apply, and it doesn't make much sense.

Yeah if you count the other 6 erased universes I agree it doesn't make sense; maybe the sum-13 logic applies only for the 12 existing universes and the others were unique on their own.The only thing I could think is that the universe numbers were changed after the other universes were erased forming the 13-sum rule but then again it gets a bit complicated and I don't really expect an explanation from Toriyama.I think that the other 6 universes were mentioned only to show how dangerous Zeno can be if he is in bad mood.
MonkeyDHunterFeb 12, 2017 3:26 AM
Feb 12, 2017 3:24 AM
Jul 2014
I usually find gokus carefree attitude amusing, but in this episode it started to really piss me off, there's being a simpleminded fool and then there's being a complete fucking moron. Does he seriously not get the weight of the situation?
Now that he's announced his incredibly selfish reason for the tournament to all 12 universe's I hope 1. The other universe's get mega pissed at him 2. Goku might actually feel even the tiniest amount of guilt
Feb 12, 2017 4:10 AM

Aug 2015
tkrisz2 said:

It's probably a plot hole but they can correct it anyway because it doesn't matter for universe 7 and universe 6 they aren't extremes like 1 or 12 (18 was the original number).
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Feb 12, 2017 4:22 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, the losers are erased, but I don't think that Goku will agree with that, he will do something to change Zen-oh's mind.
Buu won't lose to that dog.
Feb 12, 2017 4:24 AM
May 2012
wow the writer is an idiot...Goku is now a joke in Super...
He was way more serious in Z...
Feb 12, 2017 4:40 AM

May 2016
MarianSony11 said:

Goku gave a Senzu to Cell in DBZ so he did also stupid actions in DBZ.
Feb 12, 2017 4:44 AM

Jul 2014
The guys from Universe 9 don't seem to be all that strong. I think we'll see Buu hold back a lot in the next episode but eventually win. I can't wait to see what awaits the losers after the preliminary fights are over.
Feb 12, 2017 4:48 AM

Jul 2016
MarianSony11 said:

You mean Funimation Goku right? Goku has always be a dumb all the time but I do agree that Goku is even more dumb in Super (Well at least in Anime, the Super Manga is still the same Goku as we know it)
Feb 12, 2017 5:36 AM

Feb 2012
The music when the arena was being created with the people from the other universes lowering down in their platforms was a nice addition to the mood. I can't wait to see all the fighters from all the universes.
Feb 12, 2017 5:49 AM

May 2015
Mr. Satan should fight. He's the only hope for Universe 7.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 12, 2017 5:51 AM

Jul 2013
This episode reminds me how much I loved fat Buu.

FrozenRaider said:

He would one punch everyone in the tournament. Zen chan will be bored for sure.
Feb 12, 2017 5:55 AM

May 2015
Ore-da said:
This episode reminds me how much I loved fat Buu.

FrozenRaider said:

He would one punch everyone in the tournament. Zen chan will be bored for sure.

Sooo true. I wonder how much he improved since his victory over Majin Buu.

I like how Goku forgot he has other son than Goten. I fell TFS vibe. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 12, 2017 5:59 AM
Apr 2014

This scene was absolutely hilarious, Goku just remembering his son like that.

The uniformity and all the angels looking the same is fine and whatever but I'm really not a fan of the designs for the "gods of destruction".
Just a bunch of colored animals, a clown, Cleopatra etc and they're all bipedal with 2 arms, are you kidding me? they're supposed to be aliens, absolute lazy designs and creativity by whoever came up with them. Remember when we had Frieza, Cell, Buu? now we have a bunch of colored animals. And now they're fighting wolves...
Feb 12, 2017 6:22 AM

Jan 2013
Am I the only one who had Basil Brush in mind when they said the fox's name is Basil? XD

Anyway, Goku screwed things up and everybody tells him that. Yep, no pressure. You're fighting a tournament you win nothing from and you lose everything if you're defeated. Yep, nothing can go wrong from here. Good job, Goku.

It is nice they gave Boo a chance this time. I thought they'll pull another one on us and leave him asleep again.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Feb 12, 2017 6:34 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Oh wow Goku just now realized his actions were bad and wanted Zeno to disregard the destroying universes consequences. But wow this episode was so cringy to watch, Goku putting his universe on the spot with his informality and carefree nature. And the fact he forgot about Gohan smh. Vegeta much better father than Goku.

Really anxious to see Buu fight. Hoping to see if he has any new tricks. Would be awesome if he could transform into a good version of Kid Buu.

No one seemed to mention Videl. She's like honor your parent's wishes to Gohan, in this case the request to fight. If Chi-Chi was there she'd be scolding Videl and Gohan because Gohan has to focus on studies. Videl's so understanding and a great person for Gohan.

Feb 12, 2017 6:45 AM

Aug 2014
This is some derpy animation.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

66 by TheColonel76 »»
May 23, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2016

92 by TheColonel76 »»
May 20, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2016

72 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 95 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

86 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 94 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

79 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.