MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

How to play FLAC files in iTunes (windows)
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Current Events »» How to play FLAC files in iTunes (windows)

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
02-10-10, 4:58 PM

Lately more and more music files on the internet are .flac instead of .mp3

the problem is that itunes doesn't recognize flac files...

does any1 knows how to listen flac files in itunes for windows?

thx in advance

02-10-10, 5:59 PM

Yeah. You stop using shitty ass itunes and download winamp or foobar.

but if you must:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/169606/play_wma_ogg_and_flac_files_in_itunes.html?tk=rss_news

02-11-10, 6:19 AM

well that solution doesnt work on pc since fluke is mac only...

and i rly like itunes, and since i have an ipod, i'll stay with it

02-11-10, 11:00 AM

I hope you realize itunes isn't the only thing that can sync your iPod.

Infact, it does a rather poor job of it.

02-11-10, 11:06 AM

My suggestion? Buy your own music and rip it into mp3 if you want to use iTunes so badly.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?

02-11-10, 11:08 AM

or mediamonkey autoconvert and woa shit you can play flac on your ipod.

02-11-10, 1:49 PM

Download the mp3 version instead.

02-11-10, 2:53 PM

Just convert them to MP3, or just listen to the Quality Nazis
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.

02-11-10, 4:23 PM

damn so much hate here. seriously guys if you just come here to say itunes sucks, you're wasting your time. and also if you're going to say the same thing the guy above just said, then you're still wasting your time.

@yuruku: will try to convert it with the monkey stuff, ty

@zoiq: never heard of cowon. and seriously i'm not a rich guys that throws away iPod and gets a new 220€ mp3 player (i looked it up to see what it was).

02-11-10, 4:40 PM

http://flac.sourceforge.net/documentation_tasks.html
This site should have soem useful info.
The Samsung P3 plays FLAC too

02-11-10, 5:21 PM

audiophile attackkkkk

zoiq what is that cowon 9 thing, the thing is tiny, its only 16gb, even if its an infinite times better than an ipod, i still wouldnt get it just because of size, and if its going to play the quality of flac files every one of you nutjobs are talking about in this thread,you'll run out of space before you can put a good library on there.

02-11-10, 5:36 PM

3rd link in googling "flac to apple lossless"

http://www.overclock.net/sound-cards-computer-audio/304030-flac-apple-lossless.html

Also, if you don't care about video, get the cowon I9, not the S9. Also, there is a good reason why everyone says itunes sucks, and why FLAC is all over the internet.
Red_Comet said:
if its going to play the quality of flac files every one of you nutjobs are talking about in this thread,you'll run out of space before you can put a good library on there.

Most people only put the songs they like from an album into their mp3 players. Keep the rest on the PC.

02-11-10, 5:38 PM

Or you could do this:

Only use iTunes for syncing, and use foobar or something else to listen to music (foobar has a built in converter for flac to mp3 too). iTunes is a resource hog, even if you have a lot of RAM.

02-11-10, 5:43 PM

sciwhiz said:
Most people only put the songs they like from an album into their mp3 players. Keep the rest on the PC.
what if you like the whole album ;__;

02-11-10, 5:49 PM

sciwhiz said:
I only know one guy who does this. Everyone else's mp3 player I've gone through has full albums, and I've gone through quite a few.

I kind of like the idea of putting an entire album on an mp3 player. Since I've started doing this I've grown to like a lot more songs just from hearing them played more.

02-11-10, 5:49 PM

If all the songs are all more or less the same, I'd consider it. Some artists like their albums that way, others don't. Asian artists seem to be the latter and that's what I've been listening to for a few years now. In the event that I do run out of space, I've got a cowon D2 which will take SDHC cards and a rockboxed sansa E280 as backup that will take micro sds. I personally find it was a bad move from cowon to remove SDHC capabilities for this generation's lineup.

02-11-10, 6:09 PM

Red_Comet said:
audiophile attackkkkk

zoiq what is that cowon 9 thing, the thing is tiny, its only 16gb, even if its an infinite times better than an ipod, i still wouldnt get it just because of size, and if its going to play the quality of flac files every one of you nutjobs are talking about in this thread,you'll run out of space before you can put a good library on there.

Or get an Archos 5 it :

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2009/09/archos-5-internet-tablet-review.html

02-11-10, 6:13 PM

I'd agree with the cowon thingy or whatever its called but..

I've got way too much music, even all my FLAC that gets autoconverted when it get synced and I still gotta leave stuff out.

Anyways, the point everyones trying to make is that unless you want to keep 2 of the exact same song, one in mp3, and one in FLAC? There's plenty of better software alternatives. Not to mention the shit encoders with iTunes, the obnoxious amount of memory it uses, and the only way to support flac (if there even is one) is through 3rd party means.

Winamp syncs iPods (not sure if it downconverts)
Mediamonkey syncs iPods, and downconverts (based on setting from 320 to I think as low as 128, VBR too)
No idea about foobar, but its still awesome.

02-11-10, 6:19 PM

I only keep flacs of things I really like, so most of my library is 320kbps mp3's; and I barley notice a difference in quality between the flacs anyway.

If you're having space issues, there's always Joint Stereo and VBR.

02-11-10, 6:34 PM

Right while I am reading this thread because I really have nothing better to do with my time on a Thursday night (sad isn't it? Well so is the Notebook) I can't help but notice an advertisement above the thread for an audio converter. Ironic?
http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Audio-Converter.aspx?type=GoogleImageAds&gclid=CLjg-Kbh658CFYNo5Qod4E7ofQ

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices