Forum Settings
Forums

How to play FLAC files in iTunes (windows)

New
Feb 10, 2010 4:58 PM

May 2009
Lately more and more music files on the internet are .flac instead of .mp3

the problem is that itunes doesn't recognize flac files...

does any1 knows how to listen flac files in itunes for windows?

thx in advance
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 10, 2010 5:59 PM
Dec 2008
Yeah. You stop using shitty ass itunes and download winamp or foobar.

but if you must:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/169606/play_wma_ogg_and_flac_files_in_itunes.html?tk=rss_news
Feb 11, 2010 6:19 AM

May 2009
well that solution doesnt work on pc since fluke is mac only...

and i rly like itunes, and since i have an ipod, i'll stay with it
Feb 11, 2010 11:00 AM
Dec 2008
I hope you realize itunes isn't the only thing that can sync your iPod.

Infact, it does a rather poor job of it.
Feb 11, 2010 11:06 AM

Jul 2008
My suggestion? Buy your own music and rip it into mp3 if you want to use iTunes so badly.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Feb 11, 2010 11:08 AM
Dec 2008
or mediamonkey autoconvert and woa shit you can play flac on your ipod.
Feb 11, 2010 1:49 PM

Jan 2008
Download the mp3 version instead.
Feb 11, 2010 2:53 PM

Sep 2008
Just convert them to MP3, or just listen to the Quality Nazis
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Feb 11, 2010 4:23 PM

May 2009
damn so much hate here. seriously guys if you just come here to say itunes sucks, you're wasting your time. and also if you're going to say the same thing the guy above just said, then you're still wasting your time.

@yuruku: will try to convert it with the monkey stuff, ty

@zoiq: never heard of cowon. and seriously i'm not a rich guys that throws away iPod and gets a new 220€ mp3 player (i looked it up to see what it was).
Feb 11, 2010 4:40 PM

Jan 2010
http://flac.sourceforge.net/documentation_tasks.html
This site should have soem useful info.
The Samsung P3 plays FLAC too
Feb 11, 2010 5:21 PM

Feb 2008
audiophile attackkkkk

zoiq what is that cowon 9 thing, the thing is tiny, its only 16gb, even if its an infinite times better than an ipod, i still wouldnt get it just because of size, and if its going to play the quality of flac files every one of you nutjobs are talking about in this thread,you'll run out of space before you can put a good library on there.
Feb 11, 2010 5:36 PM
Jun 2008
3rd link in googling "flac to apple lossless"

http://www.overclock.net/sound-cards-computer-audio/304030-flac-apple-lossless.html

Also, if you don't care about video, get the cowon I9, not the S9. Also, there is a good reason why everyone says itunes sucks, and why FLAC is all over the internet.
Red_Comet said:
if its going to play the quality of flac files every one of you nutjobs are talking about in this thread,you'll run out of space before you can put a good library on there.

Most people only put the songs they like from an album into their mp3 players. Keep the rest on the PC.
Feb 11, 2010 5:38 PM

Sep 2008
Or you could do this:

Only use iTunes for syncing, and use foobar or something else to listen to music (foobar has a built in converter for flac to mp3 too). iTunes is a resource hog, even if you have a lot of RAM.
Feb 11, 2010 5:43 PM

Feb 2008
sciwhiz said:
Most people only put the songs they like from an album into their mp3 players. Keep the rest on the PC.
what if you like the whole album ;__;
Feb 11, 2010 5:49 PM
Aug 2009
sciwhiz said:
I only know one guy who does this. Everyone else's mp3 player I've gone through has full albums, and I've gone through quite a few.

I kind of like the idea of putting an entire album on an mp3 player. Since I've started doing this I've grown to like a lot more songs just from hearing them played more.
Feb 11, 2010 5:49 PM
Jun 2008
If all the songs are all more or less the same, I'd consider it. Some artists like their albums that way, others don't. Asian artists seem to be the latter and that's what I've been listening to for a few years now. In the event that I do run out of space, I've got a cowon D2 which will take SDHC cards and a rockboxed sansa E280 as backup that will take micro sds. I personally find it was a bad move from cowon to remove SDHC capabilities for this generation's lineup.
Feb 11, 2010 6:09 PM
Feb 2010
Red_Comet said:
audiophile attackkkkk

zoiq what is that cowon 9 thing, the thing is tiny, its only 16gb, even if its an infinite times better than an ipod, i still wouldnt get it just because of size, and if its going to play the quality of flac files every one of you nutjobs are talking about in this thread,you'll run out of space before you can put a good library on there.

Or get an Archos 5 it :

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2009/09/archos-5-internet-tablet-review.html
Feb 11, 2010 6:13 PM
Dec 2008
I'd agree with the cowon thingy or whatever its called but..

I've got way too much music, even all my FLAC that gets autoconverted when it get synced and I still gotta leave stuff out.

Anyways, the point everyones trying to make is that unless you want to keep 2 of the exact same song, one in mp3, and one in FLAC? There's plenty of better software alternatives. Not to mention the shit encoders with iTunes, the obnoxious amount of memory it uses, and the only way to support flac (if there even is one) is through 3rd party means.

Winamp syncs iPods (not sure if it downconverts)
Mediamonkey syncs iPods, and downconverts (based on setting from 320 to I think as low as 128, VBR too)
No idea about foobar, but its still awesome.
Feb 11, 2010 6:19 PM

Sep 2008
I only keep flacs of things I really like, so most of my library is 320kbps mp3's; and I barley notice a difference in quality between the flacs anyway.

If you're having space issues, there's always Joint Stereo and VBR.
Feb 11, 2010 6:34 PM

Jan 2010
Right while I am reading this thread because I really have nothing better to do with my time on a Thursday night (sad isn't it? Well so is the Notebook) I can't help but notice an advertisement above the thread for an audio converter. Ironic?
http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Audio-Converter.aspx?type=GoogleImageAds&gclid=CLjg-Kbh658CFYNo5Qod4E7ofQ
Feb 11, 2010 7:12 PM
Dec 2009
Yuruku said:
Yeah. You stop using shitty ass itunes and download winamp or foobar.

but if you must:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/169606/play_wma_ogg_and_flac_files_in_itunes.html?tk=rss_news
Feb 11, 2010 7:32 PM

Sep 2008
peroxid said:
damn so much hate here. seriously guys if you just come here to say itunes sucks, you're wasting your time. and also if you're going to say the same thing the guy above just said, then you're still wasting your time.

@yuruku: will try to convert it with the monkey stuff, ty

@zoiq: never heard of cowon. and seriously i'm not a rich guys that throws away iPod and gets a new 220€ mp3 player (i looked it up to see what it was).

How am I wasting time? I'm trying to help you, just convert them it takes 5 seconds, do you need me to show you how to use google too?
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Feb 11, 2010 9:03 PM
Feb 2010
Dude if you like itunes that much try Songbird with an Itunes skin.
It can read flac , manage an ipod device and itunes library .
Problem solve ?
Feb 12, 2010 8:01 AM

May 2009
Guys.... if i wanted to know how to convert flac into mp3 then the thread would be called that way, or if i wanted to know a better alternative for itunes the thread would also be called diffrent, but the question is how to play .FLAC files in itunes.

If you don't know a solution for that, and just come here to say USE GOOGLE YOU ASS FLAC TO MP3 CONVERTER DUHH or DONT USE ITUNES IT SUXX DUUH, really your still wasting your time here.

to find a converter you don't need to be a fucking genious, but thats not what im asking for. so next time you can just say: no there isn't a way to play flac in itunes.

I'm sorry i'm being a bit aggresive, but it pisses me off people who say stupid shit like this:

mochiron said:

Anyway, you're all fucking stupid. Either answer his question or don't. Personally, I have no interest in playing FLAC files on iTunes, so I don't know exactly what you need to do. However, I do know that there are ways to do it. GOOGLE CAN PROBABLY FUCKING HELP YOU. Why the FUCK would you ever come to this shithole with a question like that when google can answer it 100x better than any of these twats can. Another solution (and probably the one you should go with) is to JUST CONVERT THE FILES TO MP3 (which has already been mentioned, amidst a bunch of shit). Foobar encoding - not hard. Bye.

and just for your information smartass, i googled it before posting it here. but as most anime watchers nowadays are nerds (no offense), i guess maybe some1 would have the solution. i guess i was wrong.
Feb 12, 2010 8:21 AM

Sep 2008
peroxid said:
Guys.... if i wanted to know how to convert flac into mp3 then the thread would be called that way, or if i wanted to know a better alternative for itunes the thread would also be called diffrent, but the question is how to play .FLAC files in itunes.

If you don't know a solution for that, and just come here to say USE GOOGLE YOU ASS FLAC TO MP3 CONVERTER DUHH or DONT USE ITUNES IT SUXX DUUH, really your still wasting your time here.

to find a converter you don't need to be a fucking genious, but thats not what im asking for. so next time you can just say: no there isn't a way to play flac in itunes.

I'm sorry i'm being a bit aggresive, but it pisses me off people who say stupid shit like this:

mochiron said:

Anyway, you're all fucking stupid. Either answer his question or don't. Personally, I have no interest in playing FLAC files on iTunes, so I don't know exactly what you need to do. However, I do know that there are ways to do it. GOOGLE CAN PROBABLY FUCKING HELP YOU. Why the FUCK would you ever come to this shithole with a question like that when google can answer it 100x better than any of these twats can. Another solution (and probably the one you should go with) is to JUST CONVERT THE FILES TO MP3 (which has already been mentioned, amidst a bunch of shit). Foobar encoding - not hard. Bye.

and just for your information smartass, i googled it before posting it here. but as most anime watchers nowadays are nerds (no offense), i guess maybe some1 would have the solution. i guess i was wrong.

I guess I have to spell it out for you.

NO THERE IS NO WAY TO PLAY FLAC ON iTUNES, GO DOWNLOAD AN AUDIO CONVERTER AND CONVERT THEM TO MP3 , DON'T DOWNLOAD FLACS OR GO USE SOME THING BESIDES iTUNES. THERE ARE YOUR OPTIONS, YOU GOT YOUR GOD DAMN ANSWER.

Here's an idea, so we don't waste your time, don't waste our time.
JigeroFeb 12, 2010 8:25 AM
Feb 12, 2010 9:16 AM

Jan 2008
i didn't think itunes could play flac files, or did i miss something? last time i had flac files and had to put them into itunes, i used winamp to convert them to .wav files, then imported them to itunes, and used itunes to make them into mp3
Feb 12, 2010 9:22 AM

Jul 2008
Jigero said:
I guess I have to spell it out for you.

NO THERE IS NO WAY TO PLAY FLAC ON iTUNES, GO DOWNLOAD AN AUDIO CONVERTER AND CONVERT THEM TO MP3 , DON'T DOWNLOAD FLACS OR GO USE SOME THING BESIDES iTUNES. THERE ARE YOUR OPTIONS, YOU GOT YOUR GOD DAMN ANSWER.

Here's an idea, so we don't waste your time, don't waste our time.
Damn, I wish I was here an hour ago so I could have beat you to that. That basically sums up everything we've been saying, but let's see if this goes over heads or falls on deaf ears too.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Dec 22, 2010 8:42 PM

Feb 2010
ZoiQ said:

So what else can you do?
Throw away your iPod. Get a Cowon S9.
Attempt to sell your iPod to a hipster. Get a Cowon S9.
Accidentally drop your iPod somewhere. Get a Cowon S9.
Let someone steal your iPod. Get a Cowon S9.

YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.

FUCKING YES.
Dec 22, 2010 10:02 PM

Oct 2009
Just play it in WMP....? Also FLAC is mostly a waste of space.
Dec 23, 2010 7:36 AM

Dec 2010
invalidlink said:
Gogetters said:
Just play it in WMP....? Also FLAC is mostly a waste of space.

Space is cheap, really cheap.

Still doesn't mean that most people can actually hear the difference between FLAC and something like a v0 or 320kbps mp3.
Dec 23, 2010 12:27 PM

Sep 2008
Guys this thread has been dead and answered like almost a year ago, why the heck are you necroing it?
Dec 23, 2010 7:02 PM

Feb 2010
Jigero said:
Guys this thread has been dead and answered like almost a year ago, why the heck are you necroing it?

"notmebug" bumped it. Nobody saw the dates :P
Dec 24, 2010 3:40 AM

Dec 2007
Jigero said:

This.

Locked.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.