Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura Collector’s Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 8, 2012 1:51 AM
Oct 2011
I was a huge fan of CCS since young and I never knew the ending nor the second movie until 2007. After i re-watched the whole series, i've been doing it every year without fail. All the movies, special, and seasons. I've got to say the ending of ep70 was really the best. And I really love the second movie!!

Althoough everything about CCS is being wrapped up, I still hope there's another sequel or something. But then again, 12 years have gone... I miss the old clamp. I hope clamp can come up with more exciting stories.
Jul 6, 2012 4:32 PM
Apr 2011
this was awesome. gr8 series overall imho

time to watch the movie
Oct 15, 2012 8:48 PM

May 2010
I am pleasantly surprised by how well this turned out. I mean I thought I would hate the show.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 6, 2013 10:06 AM
Jun 2010
Having watched for the first time and finishing today, I absolutely loved this.
Feb 2, 2013 1:15 PM

Nov 2012
what a perfect ending - even though i guess it's not technically the ending. i still hate eriol though. i loved the little montage of shaoran/sakura moments - it just perfectly encapsulated his cute little tsundere character. and, obviously, tomoyo had the last word of the series because she's perfect ♥♥♥
Apr 6, 2013 9:59 AM
Jul 2011
holy ... (and i watched it on 2013)

i was daze with the drama, and how magic card created by true feeling of great magician. Of course the unspoken confession :D. Remind me when i finished reading ichigo 100%.
(i completelly forgot they only 5 graded elementary schooler students)

i love sakura character, tomoyo (of course), her families, and her friends. As for shaoran and meilin maybe ill be different than most people maybe because in my country, that label means, always boast about themself and dont care about others

overall good anime, kawaiii XD ...
Apr 19, 2013 11:49 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah this was an old classic alright. Though I wish Eriol did get punched in the face just once.

Good series 7/10
May 2, 2013 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
I REALLY loved this anime.
Now I have to watch the second movie, lol.
May 3, 2013 8:09 AM

Apr 2013
I actually watched this anime several times on TV when I was a kid but never got to watch EVERY episode until Animax started airing it. Watched it several times already throughout my life and I remembered that I was on the verge on tears during this episode. Not because it was sad, but because the anime was ending.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Jul 5, 2013 9:24 PM
Oct 2010
LIIIIIIIII whyd you still have to leave :(
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Oct 18, 2013 1:14 AM

Dec 2011
THERE IS SOMETHING IN MY EYE.
Somehow the anime made me feel more sad for Tomoyo than in the manga. That face she gave in the classroom when Sakura was unable to give her attention because she was more conscious of Syaoran. Right in the feels.
Feb 2, 2014 1:17 AM

Jun 2012
Finished it for the first time subbed; I had seen the English version when I was a kid. The original Japanese Dub is far better. I love this anime so much, it has it's well deserved 10/10 from me. Now onto the second movie which I will be watching for the first time.
Feb 3, 2014 3:26 AM

Mar 2012
What a good end to the story! I can't believe that I called it so hard that she would create the love card. I was dreading the eventual confessoins of love, since I usually don't like those kinds of plots in movies or tv shows. I've got to admit, it was a lot more emotional for me than I think I could have imagined. They did a very good job with this one.
"So say we all" -Battlestar Galactica Ritual Chant
Jul 19, 2014 9:18 PM

Nov 2011
And that's a wrap

To the series

ON TO THE SECOND MOVIE

TO FINALLY WRAP UP THE STORY
Sep 20, 2014 3:02 PM

Dec 2009
And I have finally finished the second half of Cardcaptor Sakura, it was a struggle to get through; I'm sure I wasn't the only one that got frustrated and had to take breaks.

I will say that while not the best out of Clamp's older series, it is most likely the most memorable and sweetest.

Sad it's finished . . . besides the movie. Some of the best characters, but I still have the manga to read!

Oct 25, 2014 12:46 AM

Jun 2012
Damn! It's over! I still remember the first time I watched this episode, like 7 years ago.. I still love it. Great ending. Now on to the movies!

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Nov 13, 2014 2:11 PM
Nov 2013
So it has finally come to an end. Cardcaptor Sakura is a great serie. It was fun while it lasted but now I must RELEASE Cardcaptor Sakura from my watching list.

Now on to Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2: The Sealed Card! That's where the story continues. Whoohoo!
Dec 8, 2014 7:31 PM
Jul 2018
This was just an OK ending, but still, it's not enough to down my score. 10/10
Dec 19, 2014 1:37 AM

Jul 2012
good ending, but I'm a bit dissapointed cz Syaoran didn't know how Sakura feel about him :(

Feb 1, 2015 8:40 AM

Feb 2008
When the show was good, it was really good. But when it wasn't good, it was really bad. The pacing and length really hurt it a lot. Half of the episodes felt like fillers that had nothing about them aside from that one catch of the week. I think the show could have used more character driven episodes, as some characters still remain undeveloped. If anything, I would have loved some more episodes centered around classmates instead of having the usual group do moe SoL.

I think that the second season was my favorite part. That's around the time Shaoran realized he loved Sakura, Meilin got her episode where she was actually good (a shame it was her last regular), and the Tokyo Tower battle was alright. First season of 35 had the most pointless episodes and felt longer than it was. Third season was good when it was focused on the plot, but not so good when it wasn't.

Overall, it was ok, but there are better mahou shoujo shows out there.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jun 18, 2015 6:14 AM
May 2015
Probably the best ending I've seen, though it is not the actual ending, there are 4 movies to go.
Aug 19, 2015 11:15 AM
May 2013
Re-watching this was totally wrong , I used to like because Yue and Kero ( just because of their released forms )
It was bad ,it was too focused on character development , repetitive story (almost on same level as pokemon , same pattern used in more than 3/4 of total episodes) , not enough villains .

If Kero and Toya had more screen time , if this was 35-45 episodes long , then I'd had another feeling toward this .

It's a bad mahou shoujo anime and overrated as hell .
Oct 27, 2015 8:32 PM

Sep 2012
A kid's show that is soo satisfying in terms of romance? What the heck? Absoutely 10/10
Jan 17, 2016 5:22 AM

Sep 2014
This series was so cute and the final scene was nice. I really liked Tomoyo, she is amazingly mature and probably the best friend you could ask for.

I was wondering what happened with Toya, it didn't seem to get mentioned towards the end. Is he still constantly tired due to giving his powers to Yue? Maybe he recovered once Sakura converted all the cards and increased her own power.

Overall, it was entertaining and had something for people of all ages. I am looking forward to watching the movies at some point.
Mirai, zura~!
Jan 26, 2016 9:11 PM
May 2015
Rain said:
This series was so cute and the final scene was nice. I really liked Tomoyo, she is amazingly mature and probably the best friend you could ask for.

I was wondering what happened with Toya, it didn't seem to get mentioned towards the end. Is he still constantly tired due to giving his powers to Yue? Maybe he recovered once Sakura converted all the cards and increased her own power.

Overall, it was entertaining and had something for people of all ages. I am looking forward to watching the movies at some point.
you have to watch the movie 2, that's the real ending.
Aug 31, 2016 8:30 PM

Feb 2010
I finished watching this today! Now I'm watching Tsubasa Chronicle and love how it has the same characters but different story :D

Desktop Specs: CPU: AMD FX-4130 Quad Core @ 3.8GHz, Motherboard: ASRock N68-VS3 FX, GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA), Ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz, Case: Raidmax ATX (Black), Storage: 931GB Western Digital Blue (SATA), PSU: 550 watt, Display: BenQ RL2455
Dec 25, 2016 2:06 PM

Apr 2012
My first rewatch since I first saw it years ago. I'd forgotten fully why this was a favourite of mine, but after seeing it again I now know why. A show full of wonderful characters, while the plot was simple at times it's the characters that has you coming back for more.

This is why I am so excited to see that after 16 years the manga is back and that Madhouse will once again be doing a second season of Cardcaptor Sakura! Also looks like the original cast of VAs will return as well! Damn I really can't wait!
This gives me hope for a Chihayafuru 3rd season, although I hope that one doesn't take another 16 years! -_-
Apr 9, 2017 6:17 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
WellI liked the ending, very sweet. Sakura made her own card apparantly :)

I didn't really like the battle with Arial. Sort of felt a bit rushed but oh well, his motives were never to harm Sakura so it's all good.
Sakura went from finding the cards to transforming them to her own cards. She really came a long way. Best character for me was Tomoyo, such lovely personality and maturity at such a young age, really enjoyed most of the characters in general.

7/10.

Apr 9, 2017 8:21 AM

Dec 2015
@SweetKotomi If you intend to go on with the follow-up anime next year, you'll have to learn about the manga's ending revelation, who justifies a lot of things (Sakura/Toya's magical powers, Eriol's reason to make Sakura "more powerful than Clow" being actually the same reason), who doesn't appear in the first anime thanks to CLAMP. They decided to remove this plot line for TV (maybe trying to make it "simpler" for a younger audience).
Apr 14, 2017 4:56 AM

Dec 2014
I'm not saying this is the best romance in all of anime but this might be the best romance in all of anime. God I loved this show way more than I thought I was going to. Even when it was just card of the week I was having a lot of fun. I wanted to know what Toya was doing with all the money he was getting from his part-time jobs but oh well. I have a few more things Cardcaptor related left to watch but in the end there's no more episodes, it's over and I'm sad.

9/10
Aug 4, 2017 11:31 PM

Aug 2007
There are some really splendid parts in this anime. I have to say season 1 and 2 are generally better pacing wise, but the ending of 3 was really good too. I was by far less interested in her changing them to Sakura Cards versus initial discovery of them, but the last season gave needed background to Clow. I've never watched the movies, so I'll need to check them out!

Overall, if I'm comparing this to another childhood favorite, is better than Sailor Moon. 7/10

Aug 19, 2017 7:31 AM

Jul 2011
All right so that's wrap! I finished the show and it was the best thing I've done these past days. Very cute show. Doesnt get too dark and stayed borderline friendly for kids and salarymen alike. There might be better magical girl shows now but we have to agree that it was the magical girl shows of the 90s, like ccs and sailor moon that established the modern foundation.
Oct 26, 2017 4:54 AM

Nov 2012
This series was fine, wasn't expecting too much but was expecting something slightly better then how it turned out tbh.

High 6 to low 7 for me (leaning more towards the 6 honestly).
Dec 1, 2017 7:13 PM

Aug 2010
I want more!

Series was a really good and enjoyable watch. My favorite magical girl series thus far. I found the romance the strongest point in this show. Sakura x Syaoran has become one of my top anime OTP's.

Dec 10, 2017 8:56 PM

Apr 2009
Honestly this show lost it's charm after Tokyo Tower. :(

By the way can anyone remind me on how and where did Shaoran get that teddy bear?

9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2017 6:45 PM
Jul 2018
Finally finished with this show ! Personally I find first 26 episodes to be really solid until sensei appear. Still it went good but the weak suspense (especially how each episode ended) really could frustrated me because it could make her looked villain. Same for Eriol. But at the end, I liked how everything got explained.
There were tons of filler(which I didn't check until I finished this show) which were quite good tbh because most filler felt no different than nonfiller episodes. But after episode around 60 it kinda felt kinda repetitive and weaker. Also Sharon's character development was confusing tbh especially at the end. I really used to like him alot when he was serious.
Anyway one interesting that I noted that when anime aired(which also I didn't check until I finished this show), the anime actually passed the manga chapters during it was airing and finished earlier than manga. But still the way it open ended really caught me surprise. It was really fitting the way it ended!

Overall, 8.5(9)/10 from me. Possibly best shojo show I watched and sometimes it felt shounen too. The main gripes of this show was almost all characters were likable (especially Sakura's development)and soundtrack as well.

Dec 30, 2017 7:30 PM

Dec 2016
That was quite the surprise party, funny how it went from spooky & mysterious to that.

Nice to see Mizuki one more time.

I had a feeling Syaroan would have to leave because his duties were fulfilled.

Very happy those 2 got to say goodbye at the end and he finally gave her the bear.

The love card I guess?

What a wonderful journey this was. 9/10
Jan 16, 2018 2:34 PM

Mar 2016
my heart!!!!!!!!!!!111
Jan 24, 2018 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
What a great twist when Sakura created his own Sakura card. Of course if I did not see the Japanese version, the ending would have been a bit miserable with the Italian adaptation. Really excellent final that deepens a bit of things including the sentimental side of the story. Quality of drawings and animations, good. On the whole there were moments a bit static and a little boring, but this anime series has been able to prove to have character and quality in various aspects well above the defects.

My vote is 8.5/10
Feb 27, 2018 10:07 AM

Jan 2018
It's kinda frustrating that in the end Sakura didn't/couldn't reveal her feelings, especially in regards to how long it took for Shaoran to reveal his feelings to her. But it was a good ending and a nice rewatch.

Jun 7, 2019 5:25 PM

Oct 2015
Glad Syaoran finally gave Sakura the bear, I guess things are finally looking for the guy. But I was more glad that she made all the flow cards hers and now she's the most powerful magical person in the world. As for Eriol I get why he created those incidents for Sakura, but that was dangerous especially to those around her. He deserved a punch or a slap for being troublesome to others and to Sakura, a tea party wasn't going to make up for what he did. He's lucky that Sakura is such an angel!

I enjoyed this a lot, but would've been nice if they did a time skip but oh well! Likable characters and a good ambience. But the plot was so so, meaning it was rather simple and could be enjoyed by kids mostly. The romance wasn't that deep, in fact it was grade school love to be precise. The Sakura confession to Yukito did make me sad a bit, but the Meilin heartbreak didn't hurt me at all, in fact I think she deserved it because I didn't like her.

This was very good and one of the best magical girl anime besides Madoka and Nanoha.

8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 22, 2019 6:10 PM
Jul 2018
After watching all through often recommended Shoujo Anime rated 8.21 right now (CCS, SK Utena, P Tutu) i can bravely say that three of those has its flaws and probably CCS is the most enjoyable than the other two.
Aug 21, 2019 5:35 AM

Jan 2013
I liked this anime until the last arc started.
Got really bored by it, as it was almost filler levels of bad. Nothing of interest happened.
Aug 31, 2019 8:21 AM

May 2016
I'm really surprised that it took me over a whole year to finish this but I absolutely loved watching it all the way~ The length of the show was really intimidating and I originally did not plan on watching a magical girl anime as frilly as Cardcaptor Sakura but saving my girlfriend's CCS CD from way back into her childhood from being used as a part of a December project that got thrown out eventually was one of the best decisions I've ever done.

Sakura's true feelings for Li transcended words then magically manifested itself into reality through the LOVE Card and convinced her to confront Shaoran in such a satisfyingly heartwarming ending that I had nothing but tears of joy for them! I got 3 Sakura Cards from her as a graduation gift while I was still halfway into the anime nearing the end of the Clow Card Arc so it was a very nice surprise to find out that the last card she gave me turned out to be the very last card in the anime ♡

Sep 26, 2019 9:29 AM

Jun 2015
So it's time to venture in Clear Card now.
Do you guys recommend watching the 1st movie? Totally watching the second.
Jan 4, 2020 12:17 PM

Dec 2010
After slightly over 3 years I was finally able to finish this show. I thought I'd be done with it in just a few weeks when I first started watching it since it was pretty awesome at the beginning but the hype soon started dying down. Also I had the feeling the story was unnecessarily stretched towards the end.
Regardless the anime was still altogether a great experience. Gotta watch the movies and specials now. And afterwards the Clear Card sequel.
Sep 13, 2020 5:53 AM

Jun 2013
I actually enjoyed the story more as it progressed. Plus I like that Sakura didn't 'confess' because I think she had only just realised her feelings for him - like Li had the time to really understand his love for her I think it's good at she has some time too & then when they meet again they'd be ready to date seriously.
Jan 11, 2021 12:47 PM
Jan 2021
I really enjoyed the ending, I actually cried,, well maybe its bc i'm a sucker for romance but ye i really like howit all came together with Clow and Mizuki and the whole gang.

I feel a bit sorry for Yue he looked so down ;_; but I yea I hope one day Eriol will come back again and treat them to another tea party lol
May 11, 2021 6:23 AM

Aug 2018
So why really Sakura rewrote cards?.. Eriol says something that he won't live - is he going to die soon, or something?.. I didn't understand, why this happened.. Like couldn't Eriol just take cards for himself, and that's all?.. And this way be with Keroberos and Yue?.. Or at least take Yue with himself, or someone from cards, who wanted to remain with him.. Like, suddenly cards became without Clow, so what, can't he become master again?.. Or his new form doesn't have magic powers?.. Seems like he has powers.. I don't mind that in the end they decided to do, what they decided.. But it's a bit strange, why Clow really didn't choose to reunite with Yue or someone..
So Sakura created some card on her own?.. Wonder, what is that card.. Well, it literally can be anything, to be honest.. Like we see heart, but I think that some love card or something wouldn't be a good idea.. Like card, who forces to love or something?.. I don't know about that.. So I don't really know, what card was that, really..
I didn't like romance too much in this series, at least not between Shaoran and Sakura.. With Yukito it was more interesting, but in the end Yukito decided to not enter there.. And Shaoran and Sakura - I personally feel that their relationship was for a very long time just friendship.. And if Sakura has some feelings in the end for Shaoran after his confession.. It really is just too big of change, to be honest.. So these moments were friendship before, but all of a sudden love moments for Sakura?.. I don't know about that.. I think they need proper time to develop anything, and I don't think they had that time, at least not for Sakura's feelings to change.. Like Shaoran, ok, he had some time.. But why Sakura would start loving Shaoran all of a sudden after some confession?.. She can, but really if with more thoughts, not just some "well, it's different from Yukito/dad" - well, duh, Shaoran's personality is completely different from Yukito and dad, who are both omega kind, while Shaoran is not.. So that's why being with that person feels different, duh.. It's just unsatisfying, if this is all the basis to change for Sakura's feelings, and I just disagree with this concept then.. That's my personal feel about the state of romance right now.. But I'm glad that it didn't end in suddenly Sakura falling in love with Shaoran completely, lol..
I liked this anime otherwise, though.. Cards, relationships with them, just light magical girl anime feel.. With kind character as Yukito and Sakura's dad.. With strong character Tomoyo.. Anime was enjoyable to watch, and I think at least for now it wasn't ruined, end is like a question still, so I'll just ignore little bits of what I didn't like, really.. It was an enjoyable time majorly, and it was enjoyable and fun series to watch.. ;P
May 12, 2021 7:41 PM

Jul 2016
Fourth time I watch the show, the fourth time I squeal like a little girl with the ending.

With flaws and everything, I still love CCS with all my heart.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 37 Discussion

xxjanism - Aug 7, 2009

36 by CronoGlasses »»
Apr 8, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kappaka - Sep 12, 2008

76 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 57 Discussion

gohdan - Apr 25, 2010

46 by johneaston »»
Apr 6, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 11 Discussion

enkil - Jun 29, 2009

36 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 10 Discussion

enkil - Jun 27, 2009

43 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.