Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura Collector’s Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 7, 2008 1:11 AM
Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
hey,there...i want ask u'all what's the ending of story??
Mar 21, 2008 3:36 AM

Jan 2008
The final episode ended with Sakura not being able to reveal her true feelings to Shaoran before he left for Hong Kong. I personally liked how it ended especially that almost all the characters came to realize their true feelings and who they really care about.

It also revealed that Eriol is the reincarnation of Clow Reed, the creator of the Clow Cards. I like Eriol a lot.
Apr 20, 2008 7:03 PM

Mar 2008
Sakura creates her own card...the love.
Apr 21, 2008 6:10 AM

Mar 2007
I was really frustrated with this ending... until I watched the second movie. That's when things get wrapped up. :D
Apr 26, 2008 1:55 PM

Mar 2008
HatsumiShinogu said:
The final episode ended with Sakura not being able to reveal her true feelings to Shaoran before he left for Hong Kong. I personally liked how it ended especially that almost all the characters came to realize their true feelings and who they really care about.

watch the 2nd movie (the sealed card)!!! all is reveald then - u will not b disappointd! it was awesome
~x =D x~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2008 4:15 PM

Oct 2007
It was a good way to end the series, in that it left it open, but not as widely open as the Sealed Card movie ended.
It was an ideal end. If it weren't for the fact that there was a movie set after though I may have been annoyed at Sakura being unable to answer Syaoran's feelings.
How cute are teddy bears by the way? :P sooo adorable XD

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Jun 14, 2008 3:56 PM

Nov 2007
It was an adorable ending, love how Sakura asks Syaoran for the bear. So cute! <3
avatar made by akihito @ livejournal.com

Jul 13, 2008 3:06 PM

Jan 2008
I enjoyed the ending to CardCaptor Sakura :)

It was really cute how Sakura became so nervous around Syaoron after he confessed his true feelings to her -- which by the way took forever!~ XD

Everything to do with Eriol wrapped up very nicely. I was glad to finally find out who he really was and why he was doing what he was doing.

When Syaoron had to go back to Hong Kong, I was very disappointed because I thought Sakura would never tell Syaoron how she really felt. However I was surprised that she made her own new card and ran to the airport and asked for the teddy bear. Which lived out the legend that a maker and receiver of a bear will fall in love!~

And Sakura's new card, the symbol of her love - was a sweet ending :)

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Feb 13, 2009 12:20 PM

Jun 2008
the ending was sooo cute <3
Aug 27, 2009 10:40 PM

Apr 2008
lovely ending ^^ hehe

Aug 30, 2009 10:36 AM
Apr 2009
Finished watching the last episode.
Everything is so amazing.

Shame she didnt told him her feeling.

I noticed that on her new card there were no writing that this is the love card, why?

I want another season, so much.... but its an old anime... if untill now another season wasnt made so i dont think it will happend.
Nov 7, 2009 10:04 PM
Mar 2009
nice ending but, the only closure i didnt get was with her family, i mean does she find out that the old man is her grandpa?or that tomoyo is her cousin?

Mar 20, 2010 7:16 PM
Nov 2008
I have concluded that Sakura has the cutest blush.

Mar 27, 2010 11:55 PM

May 2009
Heart-wrenching; a great way to end the series. :')

ShiroiNoKiwi said:
I have concluded that Sakura has the cutest blush.

Indeed. :3
Apr 29, 2010 8:58 PM
Aug 2008
Too cute. Gotta see the 2nd movie after all.

And I dunno - I kinda thought Sakura didn't leave her feelings unspoken. She asked him if he would give her the bear, after all, and she knew what it was supposed to mean. ^^;

Guess I'll have to see the second movie to be sure~
May 28, 2010 7:01 PM

Apr 2010
I enjoyed this ending very much. Especially for the fact, that it isn't the TRUE ending ;D Syaoran & Sakura 4EVERRRRRR

Jan 6, 2011 1:33 PM

Sep 2009
I have never thought that magic and shojo anime could entertain me so much!I even thought it is a childish anime,but no way!I think I would be in love with this anime when i was 10, and I'm also in love with it now.Completely amzing,it had gave me so many different feelings which even an adult anime could't give me.Masterpiece.
Feb 1, 2011 10:40 PM

Jun 2008
I just RE-watched this episode for about the 5th time.

The first time I finished CCS was in 2008.

This brings back so many memories.

and still, this is one of my all time favorite endings.
Nov 7, 2011 1:55 PM

Aug 2010
Loved this show from start to finish.
Mar 3, 2012 10:05 AM

Oct 2011
Was so skeptical about this series but completed it and damn... Classic!! although it took me months to finish and not drop by ep 20... BUT great regardless and the movies also.
Mar 8, 2012 1:51 AM
Oct 2011
I was a huge fan of CCS since young and I never knew the ending nor the second movie until 2007. After i re-watched the whole series, i've been doing it every year without fail. All the movies, special, and seasons. I've got to say the ending of ep70 was really the best. And I really love the second movie!!

Althoough everything about CCS is being wrapped up, I still hope there's another sequel or something. But then again, 12 years have gone... I miss the old clamp. I hope clamp can come up with more exciting stories.
Jul 6, 2012 4:32 PM
Apr 2011
this was awesome. gr8 series overall imho

time to watch the movie
Oct 15, 2012 8:48 PM

May 2010
I am pleasantly surprised by how well this turned out. I mean I thought I would hate the show.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 6, 2013 10:06 AM
Jun 2010
Having watched for the first time and finishing today, I absolutely loved this.
Feb 2, 2013 1:15 PM

Nov 2012
what a perfect ending - even though i guess it's not technically the ending. i still hate eriol though. i loved the little montage of shaoran/sakura moments - it just perfectly encapsulated his cute little tsundere character. and, obviously, tomoyo had the last word of the series because she's perfect ♥♥♥
Apr 6, 2013 9:59 AM
Jul 2011
holy ... (and i watched it on 2013)

i was daze with the drama, and how magic card created by true feeling of great magician. Of course the unspoken confession :D. Remind me when i finished reading ichigo 100%.
(i completelly forgot they only 5 graded elementary schooler students)

i love sakura character, tomoyo (of course), her families, and her friends. As for shaoran and meilin maybe ill be different than most people maybe because in my country, that label means, always boast about themself and dont care about others

overall good anime, kawaiii XD ...
Apr 19, 2013 11:49 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah this was an old classic alright. Though I wish Eriol did get punched in the face just once.

Good series 7/10
May 2, 2013 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
I REALLY loved this anime.
Now I have to watch the second movie, lol.
May 3, 2013 8:09 AM

Apr 2013
I actually watched this anime several times on TV when I was a kid but never got to watch EVERY episode until Animax started airing it. Watched it several times already throughout my life and I remembered that I was on the verge on tears during this episode. Not because it was sad, but because the anime was ending.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Jul 5, 2013 9:24 PM
Oct 2010
LIIIIIIIII whyd you still have to leave :(
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Oct 18, 2013 1:14 AM

Dec 2011
THERE IS SOMETHING IN MY EYE.
Somehow the anime made me feel more sad for Tomoyo than in the manga. That face she gave in the classroom when Sakura was unable to give her attention because she was more conscious of Syaoran. Right in the feels.
Feb 2, 2014 1:17 AM

Jun 2012
Finished it for the first time subbed; I had seen the English version when I was a kid. The original Japanese Dub is far better. I love this anime so much, it has it's well deserved 10/10 from me. Now onto the second movie which I will be watching for the first time.
Feb 3, 2014 3:26 AM

Mar 2012
What a good end to the story! I can't believe that I called it so hard that she would create the love card. I was dreading the eventual confessoins of love, since I usually don't like those kinds of plots in movies or tv shows. I've got to admit, it was a lot more emotional for me than I think I could have imagined. They did a very good job with this one.
"So say we all" -Battlestar Galactica Ritual Chant
Jul 19, 2014 9:18 PM

Nov 2011
And that's a wrap

To the series

ON TO THE SECOND MOVIE

TO FINALLY WRAP UP THE STORY
Sep 20, 2014 3:02 PM

Dec 2009
And I have finally finished the second half of Cardcaptor Sakura, it was a struggle to get through; I'm sure I wasn't the only one that got frustrated and had to take breaks.

I will say that while not the best out of Clamp's older series, it is most likely the most memorable and sweetest.

Sad it's finished . . . besides the movie. Some of the best characters, but I still have the manga to read!

Oct 25, 2014 12:46 AM

Jun 2012
Damn! It's over! I still remember the first time I watched this episode, like 7 years ago.. I still love it. Great ending. Now on to the movies!

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Nov 13, 2014 2:11 PM
Nov 2013
So it has finally come to an end. Cardcaptor Sakura is a great serie. It was fun while it lasted but now I must RELEASE Cardcaptor Sakura from my watching list.

Now on to Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2: The Sealed Card! That's where the story continues. Whoohoo!
Dec 8, 2014 7:31 PM
Jul 2018
This was just an OK ending, but still, it's not enough to down my score. 10/10
Dec 19, 2014 1:37 AM

Jul 2012
good ending, but I'm a bit dissapointed cz Syaoran didn't know how Sakura feel about him :(

Feb 1, 2015 8:40 AM

Feb 2008
When the show was good, it was really good. But when it wasn't good, it was really bad. The pacing and length really hurt it a lot. Half of the episodes felt like fillers that had nothing about them aside from that one catch of the week. I think the show could have used more character driven episodes, as some characters still remain undeveloped. If anything, I would have loved some more episodes centered around classmates instead of having the usual group do moe SoL.

I think that the second season was my favorite part. That's around the time Shaoran realized he loved Sakura, Meilin got her episode where she was actually good (a shame it was her last regular), and the Tokyo Tower battle was alright. First season of 35 had the most pointless episodes and felt longer than it was. Third season was good when it was focused on the plot, but not so good when it wasn't.

Overall, it was ok, but there are better mahou shoujo shows out there.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jun 18, 2015 6:14 AM
May 2015
Probably the best ending I've seen, though it is not the actual ending, there are 4 movies to go.
Aug 19, 2015 11:15 AM
May 2013
Re-watching this was totally wrong , I used to like because Yue and Kero ( just because of their released forms )
It was bad ,it was too focused on character development , repetitive story (almost on same level as pokemon , same pattern used in more than 3/4 of total episodes) , not enough villains .

If Kero and Toya had more screen time , if this was 35-45 episodes long , then I'd had another feeling toward this .

It's a bad mahou shoujo anime and overrated as hell .
Oct 27, 2015 8:32 PM

Sep 2012
A kid's show that is soo satisfying in terms of romance? What the heck? Absoutely 10/10
Jan 17, 2016 5:22 AM

Sep 2014
This series was so cute and the final scene was nice. I really liked Tomoyo, she is amazingly mature and probably the best friend you could ask for.

I was wondering what happened with Toya, it didn't seem to get mentioned towards the end. Is he still constantly tired due to giving his powers to Yue? Maybe he recovered once Sakura converted all the cards and increased her own power.

Overall, it was entertaining and had something for people of all ages. I am looking forward to watching the movies at some point.
Mirai, zura~!
Jan 26, 2016 9:11 PM
May 2015
Rain said:
This series was so cute and the final scene was nice. I really liked Tomoyo, she is amazingly mature and probably the best friend you could ask for.

I was wondering what happened with Toya, it didn't seem to get mentioned towards the end. Is he still constantly tired due to giving his powers to Yue? Maybe he recovered once Sakura converted all the cards and increased her own power.

Overall, it was entertaining and had something for people of all ages. I am looking forward to watching the movies at some point.
you have to watch the movie 2, that's the real ending.
Aug 31, 2016 8:30 PM

Feb 2010
I finished watching this today! Now I'm watching Tsubasa Chronicle and love how it has the same characters but different story :D

Desktop Specs: CPU: AMD FX-4130 Quad Core @ 3.8GHz, Motherboard: ASRock N68-VS3 FX, GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA), Ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz, Case: Raidmax ATX (Black), Storage: 931GB Western Digital Blue (SATA), PSU: 550 watt, Display: BenQ RL2455
Dec 25, 2016 2:06 PM

Apr 2012
My first rewatch since I first saw it years ago. I'd forgotten fully why this was a favourite of mine, but after seeing it again I now know why. A show full of wonderful characters, while the plot was simple at times it's the characters that has you coming back for more.

This is why I am so excited to see that after 16 years the manga is back and that Madhouse will once again be doing a second season of Cardcaptor Sakura! Also looks like the original cast of VAs will return as well! Damn I really can't wait!
This gives me hope for a Chihayafuru 3rd season, although I hope that one doesn't take another 16 years! -_-
Apr 9, 2017 6:17 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
WellI liked the ending, very sweet. Sakura made her own card apparantly :)

I didn't really like the battle with Arial. Sort of felt a bit rushed but oh well, his motives were never to harm Sakura so it's all good.
Sakura went from finding the cards to transforming them to her own cards. She really came a long way. Best character for me was Tomoyo, such lovely personality and maturity at such a young age, really enjoyed most of the characters in general.

7/10.

Apr 9, 2017 8:21 AM

Dec 2015
@SweetKotomi If you intend to go on with the follow-up anime next year, you'll have to learn about the manga's ending revelation, who justifies a lot of things (Sakura/Toya's magical powers, Eriol's reason to make Sakura "more powerful than Clow" being actually the same reason), who doesn't appear in the first anime thanks to CLAMP. They decided to remove this plot line for TV (maybe trying to make it "simpler" for a younger audience).
Apr 14, 2017 4:56 AM

Dec 2014
I'm not saying this is the best romance in all of anime but this might be the best romance in all of anime. God I loved this show way more than I thought I was going to. Even when it was just card of the week I was having a lot of fun. I wanted to know what Toya was doing with all the money he was getting from his part-time jobs but oh well. I have a few more things Cardcaptor related left to watch but in the end there's no more episodes, it's over and I'm sad.

9/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 37 Discussion

xxjanism - Aug 7, 2009

36 by CronoGlasses »»
Apr 8, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kappaka - Sep 12, 2008

76 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 57 Discussion

gohdan - Apr 25, 2010

46 by johneaston »»
Apr 6, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 11 Discussion

enkil - Jun 29, 2009

36 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 10 Discussion

enkil - Jun 27, 2009

43 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.