Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2016 9:39 PM

Jan 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It seems okada-sensei loves to make sad endings...I feel really empty right now...
Nov 13, 2016 10:43 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Wow ..... that left me flat. Can't say that ending pleased me at all. Agree with above poster ..... just emptiness.
Nov 21, 2016 3:30 AM
Apr 2012
im stil slightly confused on what happened, kinda sudden
Feb 4, 2017 8:28 PM
Jul 2016
very powerful ending bravo author
Feb 27, 2017 7:16 PM
Mar 2016
Empty is the expression fitting this moment the best. Not even yearning, no hope, not a single candle in the dark. And the slowly increasing disgusting taste of a rotten society.
Mar 26, 2017 2:10 PM

Nov 2011
damn

unsatisfying, but it really fits for this series
Feel free to suggest me new series on my profile or through pm, or send me anything else really and let's have a chat
Mar 26, 2017 7:17 PM
Mar 2015
I don't see what the point was. The girl was slandered on the internet Sexually abused by her teacher and her roommate. Abandoned by her mother and then murdered by idiots just when she got her life back together I guess the moral is that all the men in her life were perverts,idiots and sexual deviates who prey on women
Mar 27, 2017 11:19 AM

Jul 2012
Very glad to finish this manga, too many years waiting for the translation to end. Thanks to Two Man Scans.

Pretty good end in my opinion, as zarnaik says fits really well with the manga. The feelings and the doll are unfinished forever.
Apr 24, 2017 1:00 PM

Dec 2012
This was such a crushing ending - but it fits very well with the theme and atmosphere of the manga. I just really wished that we got to learn more about the circumstances behind Kakiguchi shying away from real life besides the one moment where he talked about his past, as well as learn more of Madoka's back story.

Beautiful read despite the extremely depressing ending. The relationship between Kakiguchi and Madoka was so bitter-sweet and cute at the same time.

Apr 24, 2017 4:27 PM

Jan 2014
this was a depressing ending, I thought it was gonna be a happy one :(

amazing manga that deserves more attention.

fuck I'm starting to cry as I was typing :(
May 20, 2017 5:17 PM

Apr 2012
I'm just hoping manga like this will adapted to anime just like kuzu no honkai and nazo no kanojo...
Jun 4, 2017 11:54 PM
Jun 2017
Wait that was the ending? What the hell? I've been waiting for 2 months just to find out now that, that was the ending?
Jun 23, 2017 1:42 PM
Jan 2017
I'm fuming with rage. No redemption, all the character development crushed by the train that ran her through. What a soul crushing ending, pretty much on that whore that turned her life around with new hope by a special person then died at the end of aids. Jesus I swear I'm gonna read the spoilers in every manga over 60 chapters.

Just like when there seemed a sliver of hope it gets curb stomped in your face. Fuck. Fuck!!!
Sep 8, 2017 11:14 PM
Dec 2014
Disappointment. Satisfaction. Empty. In the end it was nothing special.

Reading it again will bring nothing but who cares.
Dec 5, 2017 7:49 PM
Jul 2016
Disappointment..depressing..unsatisfying..Empty
I'm sad now
Feb 3, 2018 3:59 PM
Apr 2012
Wow. Damn. Ok.....
Apr 6, 2018 5:25 AM
Jun 2017
Imo that ending was extremely powerful and suiting for this manga.
Apr 25, 2018 9:38 PM
Apr 2013
even though this ending fits, it's hard to swallow. I really like Okada's endings because they make me reflect upon myself even though they pain me deeply lol
Sep 5, 2018 10:14 AM
Sep 2018
Just when Madoka found someone who made her feel alive. It hurts I was truly wishing for a happy ending but I guess it just had to be that way.
Oct 7, 2018 10:31 AM
Sep 2018
Only i can say WTF !!! the last 5 chapters made me so angry, because this stupid author make madoka do this things with this fucking teacher and in the end she search for MC and then just die from the train !? really WTF this stupid ending. I really hate it so much !
Dec 16, 2018 2:38 PM

Jul 2014
The last few chapters were quite disappointing but they fall short of the ending. Incomprehensible and unsatisfactory
Dec 26, 2018 3:59 AM

Dec 2015
What the fuck.

Okay, the last few chapters before the ending was tolerable, but DAAAAAMNN this one? God, what a fucking disappointment... I guess I don't like sad endings.
Jan 9, 2019 10:16 AM

Apr 2016
So just to clarify, she was pushed onto the train tracks and killed when she finally found the bald manlet again and then the doll broke.

I wouldnt get why this would be sad, the entire time the characters were bland sexual deviants that didn't have any real depth to them, I suppose if you are a train molester maybe you can relate with them, but the whole thing to me read like a shitty hentai. It was fun to see the depths of depravity this mangaka with a newborn baby would incorporate, nothing too mind breaking there either though. The story was like a cup of tea left to cool, the ending is a luke warm flavored water that is palatable but nothing special at all.

The other consideration is everything could have been solved by going to the cops once the rape occurred. You have the evidence, you have the trauma on his asshole, and then also proof of blackmail because of the message.
Jan 25, 2019 2:15 PM
Jan 2019
Mywifesson guess you never experienced not fitting in? And you have some stiff views on what's sexually moral, don't you?

I mean, from the tone of your post I feel like you have no damn idea what this whole manga was about.

And no, going to the cops wouldn't solve a thing. Read up on sexual abuse in Japan an what the authorities
do (or rather don't do) about the whole thing.

Sorry for sounding angry, no offense here. I just get a bit triggered by people who don't understand a piece of media because they don't have the needed reference points, and instead of doing some research to understand it (and probably broaden their worldview) they simply say "I don't like it so it sucks."

And as for the ending - I felt the concept was great. Crushing but at the same time makes you stop and think about the world we live in. One downside was that the pacing was a bit off - the "teacher" chapters were unnecessarily stretched out, yet the ending felt very rushed
oguras1500Jan 25, 2019 2:22 PM
Feb 24, 2019 12:09 PM

Jul 2016
After reading sundome, I read this and wow what an ending again but ugh
Mar 12, 2019 9:00 PM
Oct 2016
Like ok, she died. That sucks but AT LEAST I wish we could have seen them reunite one last time and explain to each other that they loved each other, cherished each other, etc. Like they never had that moment where they said everything and that's what sucks the most.
Apr 22, 2019 4:07 AM
Jan 2019
I think the way I feel right after having read the last chapter is exactly how Okada wanted me to feel. It seems like the ending is much less about concluding the story and more about his commentary on life. Like what was even the point of having her face disfigured by acid if she was never going to be reunited with Kakeguchi? She was never attached to her own looks, so it's not like it was a punishment that affected her beyond being painful. She even said she enjoyed it because it kept people like Hiroshi away. That whole thing seemed to be a setup for how Kakeguchi would react. Then a couple months go by, and we get to witness a time they *almost* reunite before she is murdered by an asshole who was just an early plot device? The whole conclusion was *too* pointless to be anything less than an intentional "this is just the way the world is" type message to the reader.
Jun 4, 2019 12:17 AM
Jun 2019
Im 17 years old, ever since I began using the internet I always had this morbid curiosity towards things that are better left unseen.

Acknowledging and accepting this feeling, I set my objective as trying to find things that only a small part of the world population would ever see or be able to endure. Unfortunately, I discovered that im highly resilient and apathetic towards this kind of content, wich only served to cultivate some kind of obssesion towards finding a piece of media that would make me feel truly awful but human.

Now that I finished reading this manga, I regret everything, had this curiosity been put under control, I don´t think I would need psychiatric help right now.

I really felt attached to the characters and history, a love history that suited my frustrations and perversions while helping me cope with reallity a bit. Maybe Im just too young or simply dont have the emotional structure, but after this ending...

I just feel empty, lonely, unfulfilled and without a single piece of hope for the future. The most strange part is, I don´t feel human at all.

(Sundame is definitely not being finished, any recommendation of a happy, fulfilling and soul cleansing love history manga is really needed now)

Oct 30, 2019 10:51 AM
Jul 2017
I feel horrible now..
Nov 10, 2019 12:49 PM

Jan 2018
Many ppl here above described how i am feeling right now. I am not so much fan of art Okada, Kazuto, which was something what wasn't completely satisfying, but.... Whole this story was simply amazing. I couldn't stop reading until the chapter 54, where Kakiguchi was raped... Like wtf... Going to the some hotel room with stranger to show him how to use some bdsm something? 23 years old grown man, but mentally.... Well after 54 i stopped and checked forum here what i can expect and when i saw that Madoka will die i had to finish it asap. I hate sad endings, especially when i do read psychological manga which is very catchy and you can since the start grow up together with relationship with male and female there. Right now i am very sad, last chapters how Madoka was doing all these shits with that teacher were very annying! but that ending was extremely frustrating and she didn't deserve it... Whole manga i was kinda expecting some love sharing (not sexualy), like i am feeling like i am starting to love you, or something like that :(

Wish to have here happy ending....
CRYPTsakuraNov 10, 2019 1:01 PM

My signature is coppied from another forum, because currently i don't have nothing better
AlienWare M17X5 (2013-2016), MSI GT73VR 6RF TITAN PRO (2016-Presence)
Apr 23, 2020 12:17 PM
Apr 2020
I feel kinda happy, at least Madoka knows and Kakiguchi will together with 'her' forever, they feel like connected with each other.
Even things is unreasonable, at least they can feel truly happy when they are together.
Of course, they will meet and stay together again is what I want and surely be more satisfying end.

Because even if I can feel kinda happy with the real ending. I can't accept it just because this is 'tragic story', is 'fitting ending', or that is 'what will happen from the beginning'. What a nonsense.

'Kakiguchi' and 'Madoka' entlited to be happy, even if they are twisted.

And.. is Madoka really die? What is broken from the doll is just her hand, this feels similiar with accident from hot water.
Leigie_FuyukiApr 23, 2020 1:37 PM
Mar 28, 2021 2:45 AM

Nov 2013
FUUFUUFUFFUFUFUFU Fuck. Now I need watching some cats video to cure my heart.
inochi ga kurikaesu naraba nandomo kimi no moto e ...
... if life can be repeated, i'll go to you many times over
Apr 8, 2021 7:40 PM
Jan 2013
😭😭😭😭 omg what a story OMG and the ending 😍😭😍😭i’m heart broke 😭😭
Apr 9, 2021 2:47 AM
Apr 2011
Thanks, I hate it!
May 16, 2021 4:37 AM
Jul 2020
Nothing much to say. Expected this ending after reading Sundome but still disappointed. Someone said something like that but the story, like the doll, will always stay unfinished and we'll have to stay with what we have.
Jan 1, 2022 3:25 PM

Nov 2013
Well that was certainly an underwhelming finale.
You all need to watch Nami.

Mar 7, 2022 7:55 AM
Jun 2021
What an impactful ending this was, i am speechless , i enjoyed this manga so much and i really didnt expect that after reading the first chapter , but wow it was really amazing
Jun 6, 2022 7:10 AM

Jan 2016
It was an enjoyable manga, their relationship was so cute. The ending seemed dark just for darkness' sake really... I wish someone would interview the author, ask him why he wanted to end it that way (apparently a lot of his work has grim endings).
The thing that really grinds my gears is that none of the villains got their comeuppance. Even the horrible teacher, in like 3 panels it's just like "oh yeah the police question him" which is totally not enough, not after all the torture. None of the horrid side characters get any justice served to them, I hate it.
Sep 1, 2022 12:09 AM
Apr 2020
I loved it but I hated it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ibitsu Chapter 2 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 18, 2020

0 by removed-user »»
Oct 18, 2020 2:07 PM

Poll: » Ibitsu Chapter 1 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Aug 1, 2017

1 by removed-user »»
Oct 18, 2020 1:30 PM

Poll: » Ibitsu Chapter 54 Discussion

Onii-nyan - Dec 16, 2018

1 by CRYPTsakura »»
Nov 10, 2019 12:07 PM

Poll: » Ibitsu Chapter 52 Discussion

Onii-nyan - Dec 16, 2018

0 by Onii-nyan »»
Dec 16, 2018 12:35 PM

Poll: » Ibitsu Chapter 41 Discussion

Onii-nyan - Dec 16, 2018

0 by Onii-nyan »»
Dec 16, 2018 7:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.