Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2016 8:41 AM

Sep 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Geezus, this looks like some tumblr loser lesbian story.
That excuse for cutting themselves was interesting thou.
Aug 21, 2016 11:34 AM

Aug 2013
I think that 1st chapter was good, pretty depressing as the title says
Aug 21, 2016 11:41 AM

Jul 2014
I like that the author chooses to depict her life through a silly cutesy art style despite the fact that it's actually depressing as fuck. Will keep reading this since I'm genuinely interested in seeing how things turned out in the end for the author
Aug 21, 2016 7:53 PM

Aug 2015
I relate to this far more than I want to admit...

If nothing else, it gets the thought processes right on the money. I could make the obvious complaint about the art, but I don't really mind. It speaks so much to me that the art doesn't really faze me.
Aug 30, 2016 8:30 PM

Sep 2007
Huh, really? Cause I think the art is great! It's super cutesy, but like RiceLover, I love the contrast, and the sheer expressiveness in her art is amazing. You can really feel the depth of her despair and other emotions and it really conveys exactly what the author wants you to notice/feel. You can really see it in the amount of detail added in backgrounds, contrast, black/white space, and expressions that really helps set the tone. I haven't ever been this lonely or depressed, but there are aspects that I relate to as well (the job just being a place to earn wages and not a social thing really hit home), and I personally love very introspective works like this. :3
Sep 3, 2016 3:58 AM

Aug 2015
soaring_wings said:
You can really feel the depth of her despair and other emotions and it really conveys exactly what the author wants you to notice/feel. You can really see it in the amount of detail added in backgrounds, contrast, black/white space, and expressions that really helps set the tone.

Yeah, I guess this is all true as well.

I've just had conversations and people have told me that they didn't like the art because it was too simple.
Sep 21, 2016 2:46 AM

Apr 2013
@purplepinapples

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm really liking it so far!

Reminds me so much of Hanayome wa Motodanshi. but speaks to me way more.

Waiting for the next two chapters is going to be hell X_X
Oct 15, 2016 12:00 PM

May 2013
Far, far from being dumblr material. The author actually makes it seem like it has some depth to it.
Nov 16, 2016 2:18 AM
Jul 2018

Well, this is quite sad stuff..

Until the very end I had hopes that mc finally could experience something good and feel better
but all it was just a big confusion and probably a disappointment for her.
Jan 9, 2017 11:28 PM

Jan 2013
I like the set-up, but now I have to wade through all this terribly sad stuff.
Actually I don't think there's been an anime that's seriously taken on the issue of self harming. It would be interesting to see done.
Aug 10, 2017 7:59 PM

Feb 2012
What really made this chapter is that the author has some great introspection. She does a good job in describing her state of mind at various points, and provides a good understanding of the chain of events that led her to where she is now.

What I like most about this manga is that it is one of the best representations I've seen of the most common form of depression that is found. Clinical depression is a medical condition where a person physically can't become happy. Everything can be going right for them and they are still unhappy. What Nagata Kabi is experiencing is the natural reaction a person would have if their life sucks as much as her apparently does. No person can spend ten years without accomplishing anything or forming any meaningful personal connects and come out mentally fine. That's why the panel where she is disintegration without anything to identify herself is my favorite panel of the chapter.

Now she clearly has serious problems that need to be worked out if the haven't already, and I imagine that she'll be dealing with this for the rest of her life. I am confident that things would be much better if her life followed a normal trajectory after high school.

My only complaint is that I had a tough time understanding the exact timeline. This chapter describes 10 years of her life, but I have little idea of how those 10 years were actually spent. Specifically how long she had a job and how long she has been unemployed since.
Phaetons_FollyAug 10, 2017 8:17 PM
Aug 19, 2018 11:55 AM

Feb 2018
This is one of the best things have have read in a long time
Sep 12, 2019 1:10 PM

Feb 2019
Bizarre yet depressing and realistic. That was one hell of a chapter.
May 4, 2020 9:08 PM

Mar 2019
Reminded me of the challenges of depression (some people are biologically incapable of feeling happier)

And attachment styles (a bit of a spoiler that the MC/writer isn't close to her parents)

"My parents never got a break from work, either"

Realistic depiction of working at a crappy job, fighting the urge to run away

May 9, 2020 10:38 AM

Mar 2020
it be like that sometimes
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Aug 3, 2020 4:44 PM

Jan 2017
Oof this is relatable. I hope she gets somewhat better by the end and finds some sort of sense of self-worth. The after HS slump is real
Apr 8, 2021 2:08 PM

Sep 2016
I really like how she explains things and how accurate this depiction of depression/eating disorders are. She does a really good job when it comes to articulating her feelings and thoughts.

Life has no meaning,
but that doesn't mean
we shouldn't live it

Jul 17, 2021 8:07 AM

Jul 2019
Re-reading time.

This was a good introduction from what I recall, how Nagata fell into this depression is quite a sad one. That anorexia is deadly too, it is sad stuff really. Pretty good chapter that shows psychology of stuff well.
Oct 20, 2021 10:36 AM

Sep 2013
It was brutal, just brutal! That's why it is so good.
The art takes a few pages to get used to, being 'unconventional' and all. The story is riveting in its honesty and harshness.
As a (unipolar) depressed person, I deeply relate to the author's plight. The story transcends age and gender, it really is universal.

It should be required reading for any manga fan. High schools should teach it, although that's highly unlikely :p

Two more volumes of her misadventures follow this! Those moments of joy make it all worth while! 🤗
Sep 23, 2022 6:04 AM

Jan 2021
Man.... Reading this is hitting a little too close to home.
Jan 10, 2023 3:41 AM
Jun 2012
Possibly a great insight into the mind of an individual. In a way I cannot personally relate to myself.

However, the past-tense nature of her writing will keep me focused for a positive outcome. So I'll keep reading.

Even if at current its unenjoyable.
To witness journaling, as this, outside educative purpose.
Mar 17, 2023 11:52 PM
May 2022
"If I'm really that damn worthless, I should die after I've struggled to get back up a little longer!"

holy fucking based lmao, i'm a big fan of her already
Jun 28, 2023 5:07 AM
Nov 2014
mto relatable infelizmente.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sabishisugite Lesbian Fuuzoku ni Ikimashita Report Chapter 6 Discussion

RedPlaty - Sep 12, 2018

10 by Rexnihilo »»
Sep 22, 2023 4:01 PM

» Sabishisuite Lezbiyen Fuuzoku ni Ikimashita'da

removed-user - Jun 20, 2022

1 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 5, 2023 9:52 AM

Poll: » Sabishisugite Lesbian Fuuzoku ni Ikimashita Report Chapter 4 Discussion

RediceRyan - Jan 10, 2017

7 by psyche-K »»
Mar 18, 2023 3:33 PM

Poll: » Sabishisugite Lesbian Fuuzoku ni Ikimashita Report Chapter 3 Discussion

RediceRyan - Jan 10, 2017

3 by psyche-K »»
Mar 18, 2023 3:27 PM

Poll: » Sabishisugite Lesbian Fuuzoku ni Ikimashita Report Chapter 2 Discussion

RediceRyan - Jan 9, 2017

8 by eymaelpresidente »»
Feb 28, 2023 5:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.