Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 19, 2016 7:15 PM
Sep 2015
I get where Levi's coming from, like look how much he's lost in comparison to everyone else. But, like everyone's saying, Armin's the worst injured so he needs the serum.
Jul 20, 2016 8:38 AM
Apr 2016
I never noticed how much Zeke and Eren's Dad looked alike until this chapter. They have to be twins right?
Check out my Anime, Manga, and Video Game Articles on my blog site: http://www.dzparks.com/

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/dzparks

Jul 21, 2016 9:27 AM

Sep 2012
Benphyre said:
Wtf Reiner. Plot armor Titan.

This. It's seriously getting on my nerves. Just die already, you piece of shit, you've survived two near-death situations just because reasons.
Jul 23, 2016 8:39 AM

Apr 2010
If Erwin survives the story about the command will be the same and many more death flags will happen in the squad,
If Armin survives the story will resume with not so many death flags as it was with erwin in Command.

But who knows, erwin has earned alot of experience fighting against titans.
Armin otherwise is gathering his knowledge and is a fast learner.

So either of them are good characters with good follow up Story elements.
Jul 25, 2016 8:31 AM

Mar 2014
Ahh man I can't take the suspense anymore
Shit man I want Armin to survive :'(
Jul 26, 2016 3:07 AM
Jun 2012
So, Erwin or Armin ?
I cannot guess who will be chosen...
Jul 28, 2016 7:40 AM

May 2014
The chapter itself was a very good chapter. Well executed and kept enough interest to want to keep moving forward with the series. The serum drama, however, I feel is very forced. Logically speaking both Armin and Erwin should be dead, but it's like Isayama wanted to make sure Levi got some more man pain time, so he slapped this scenario into the manga so we can get that. I've read theories he's trying to lower Levi's popularity, but I can't see any reason for him to do that.

That being said, this serum situation was foreshadowed way back in chapter 72. First Levi had to argue with Erwin about staying behind, Erwin admitting that he's selfish and putting his desires over humanity and that he can be used as bait. And then later that day, Levi listening in on the Shiganshina Trio and hearing especially how enthusiastic Armin is about seeing the outside world. I think it was clear back then that Levi was going to have to make a choice between saving Erwin and one or all of the Shiganshina Trio. Well, here we are now.

Personally I think Armin is going to be the one to come out of this alive, but that's more because it's tropey for the younger protagonists to survive. But I do think that while Erwin is obviously very useful and has pushed the Survey Corps further than anyone else could have, it may be time for him to pass the torch. I do feel that between him telling Hange and Levi both that Hange will take over, and his high praise of Armin a few chapters back, it's clear that the foreshadowing of his death has been hanging high since the last arc. He's in a perfect position to get in a few last words, and it's possible he could hold onto his life just long enough to see what's in the basement.

I'm really not ready to see Bertolt go, though. I feel there is still so much more for him to tell. But perhaps this is part of the reason that Isayama keeps letting Reiner live. I want to see more from Reiner as well, so I'm not entirely upset at all the asspulls... I do wish there were less. We can still learn more about Bertolt and his motivations and background from Reiner. I'm really intrigued by the warrior trio and their village, so it's disappointing that not only has Annie been sidelined (possibly permanently) but now Bertolt is likely to die as well.

As for the non-serum related stuff, because that's honestly what I'm more interested in, the short conversation (kind of one-sided conversation I guess) between Zeke and Eren really piqued my interest and made me want to know a lot more. I suspected that Zeke was likely a relative of Grisha's, and the comparison made me feel 100% more solid on my theory. I've seen a lot of talk that Zeke is likely just trying to manipulate Eren to get him to join their side, but I do think that it's possible Zeke is genuinely concerned or cares. I'm all the more interested in learning the history of the warrior clan and Grisha's past.

I just love how much this series shows that there really isn't a right or wrong side in this fight. We know our heroes' motivations. I'm hoping after reaching the basement, we can finally learn more about the warrior's motivations and reasons for fighting.

Anyway, I'm hoping that the choice is made next chapter and it doesn't take the entire chapter to get to that point. Because the only thing left for them to do in Shiganshina at this point is head to the basement. I'm hesitant to say there would be more serum down there, but it's possible. I don't think Isayama thought that far out about all this serum plot though, so I suspect the basement will contain something else. I'm among those who theorize there could be a tunnel down there leading to the outside.
Jul 28, 2016 7:47 AM

May 2014
Also, I've seen a few people criticizing Mikasa at the end of the chapter, but considering she's been pushed a lot to the background, I was happy to see that her reaction stood out a lot at the end. I don't think she's actually intending to fight Levi - pulling her sword is more of an instinctual reaction, I think - but she's just very desperate not to lose another person that she loves. She is being driven by emotion. And I like that she's pained over Armin right now, so it kind of buries all the criticism that the only person she cares about or loves is Eren. Armin is her family, too.

I'm curious how Isayama is going to go about this in the next chapter. Considering the revelations of Levi's last name and that he shares blood-ties with Mikasa, I wonder if that will impact his decision at all. It would be cool if they've already discussed the Ackerman relation and we get a flashback to it or something. Even if the flashbacks are getting tiresome lately.
Jul 29, 2016 12:37 AM

Jun 2014
Armin is better, but I really can't picture him being too effective in the grand scheme of things, especially can't picture him as a colossal titan.

Maybe their infighting will take up too much time and both will die, but I doubt it, guessing Armin will live though.
Jul 29, 2016 10:29 AM

Jan 2015
Haven't been giving any attention to this series for like 2 years, I kinda missed some SnK.

So Armin got roasted like a turkey and now he's...wait what's going to happen to Armin if he doesn't get the serum? I mean if he survived getting burned so much then it's not a stretch to say he'd likely survive (but probably never leave the bed again).

I honestly think Armin will get the serum. The past two or three arcs had a lot of Erwin&Levi friendship/companionship moments so in good dramatic fashion, Erwin or Levi will realize Armin would be of more use. There's also the strong comparison between Erwin and Armin, with both being very smart tacticians and good liars, so Armin might become the second Erwin in the long run.

I do feel like the Reiner situation was a bit of an asspull. They were in a location filled with enemies, and since Bert and Reindeer were hiding inside the walls in the beginning it's possible there were other traps as well. Hange acted like a genius since the beginning of the story and now she made such a stupid decision?

Thinking back to that Zeke scene, it felt like he was manipulating Eren and not telling the truth. Zeke was this dead serious dude up to this point, but in that scene he acted a bit wimpy and fake. Grisha either did something really gruesome or Zeke was just faking it.

I'm curious about Ymir's letter. Wonder what she has to say. There's something interesting about the whole situation though. They got the letter after Reiner was defeated, so what would've happened if Reiner and co. won? If they had killed everyone and captured Eren and brought him back, there's no point giving that letter to anyone since Eren and the others would be brought back to Zeke's location, which is supposedly Ymir's as well. Unless, Ymir is no longer at Reiner and Bert's village. If everyone is dead or captured, who would bring the letter to Historia? Did Reiner and Bert plan to go to Historia's location? I have a theory that the letter is a "plan B" and a trap, so if Eren and the others win (which they did), the letter would lure them back to the place where Ymir is to rescue her.
Jul 29, 2016 8:53 PM

Nov 2012
Honestly, this feels like a Telltale Game, where you'll have to choose to save either of the two people who're looking up to you; and no matter which one you choose you'll regret for the rest of your life for declining the other one.

This sadness is just too much suffocating...
Aug 3, 2016 5:18 AM

Jan 2012
What a tense chapter , who is gonna be saved?
i chose Armin

Scooty-Bby said:

And reiner got away. Again. It's just dragging and dragging now...

yeah that was bs , how many times he escaped now.

Sep 21, 2016 12:22 AM

Dec 2015
And the drama will begin... -_- Who will be the lucky winner?! Next chapter will surely be very slow. Those "heroes" making a scene over such an obvious choice in a war situation.

2.5+/5 because I found the beast titan's sayings interesting. (sorry, forgot his name)
Jan 31, 2017 2:26 PM

Jun 2015
I'm not gonna lie, I was quite dissapointed with the route that Isayama took. I was expecting that both Armin and Erwin were dead after what they suffered and after the great epic last words, specially Armin. There is no way any human could survive after being burned and falling down from almost 50m on a roof, he should have died in an instant. Not to mention he's a fragile boy.

And yet again, Reiner miraculously got his ass saved in the last moment. Now all that has to happen is Berthold somehow getting away also, smh. I really thought Isayama had balls to kill important characters.

And to finish the task now Isayama presents us a huge conflict btwn interests (Levi vs Eren/Mikasa) where they have to save Erwin or Armin by injecting the serum. I'm wondering if Eren could part ways with Levi/humanity and join the "bad" guys side if they don't come to terms about this matter and after hearing Zeke's words about his father.
The drama that will occur in next chapter would have been GREAT in a different situation where Armin was wounded with maybe some limbs missing, but not in the state he's where he should be TOTALLY dead. Also Armin being a titan would be SO OUT of character that I would hate it so much.

What I'm expecting to happen next is what some people was saying that at the end, Erwin would say to Levi to save Armin and not him, so he will be the one ending up dieing.

And please, if that happens, I really hope Isayama doesn't somehow makes him endure it (he has a hole in the stomach) till they find the basement and casually they find another serum for him. I would call this bullshit.

And imo, Commander Erwin should be the one who takes the serum, for obvious reasons.
MMiyamotoJan 31, 2017 2:33 PM
Feb 16, 2017 10:47 PM

Dec 2014
I still want Armin to live..Will they save Irwin or Armin... tough decision
Apr 11, 2017 4:59 AM
Jan 2014
Seemed pretty obvious by the lack of drama in Armin's "death" in the previous chapter that he would be getting the injection to save him.

I didn't expect that they'd insert Erwin into the mix to shake things up, but I'm still convinced that Armin will obviously be getting it.

The manga has a history of bringing annoying bitch bois back from the dead, and I don't think they'll pass up an opportunity to do it again.

Armin is the least likable character in the series, so it would be great if they finally killed him off, but his shounen plot armor is much stronger than Erwin's, so the upcoming result is pretty clear. The only question is how it reaches that point.
Apr 16, 2017 4:42 PM

Apr 2015
Oh shit I didn't like that face on Misaka.
Apr 22, 2017 7:18 PM
Apr 2017
I hope Erwin gets the serum because he's a good strategist and can think of a good plan when in tough situation. Armin can become as good a leader as Erwin in several years or so, perhaps even better, though he's not that good at combat, only thinking, but I think what humanity needs as of the current period in AoT is Erwin, since he'll be the most useful. Also, I like Armin and I don't mean to be rude, but Armin's dream of someday seeing the ocean is kind of silly, and it doesn't make sense to have this kind of dream in the middle of a war. Meanwhile, Erwin's dream is to see Eren Yaeger's basement, and that will help humanity because, well, the basement was suppose to contain many answers to questions about titans.
Survey_CorpzApr 23, 2017 5:24 AM
Apr 23, 2017 5:28 AM
Apr 2017
Unfortunately, I already know that Erwin dies, because I have proof right here --- http://attackontitan.wikia.com/wiki/Midnight_Sun --- which is chapter 84, and the first thing on the page is :::
"His only choice was to become the devil. And it was us that wanted that of him. Not only that... he was finally freed from hell, but we were going to call him right back into it. Just like you. So I think we ought to let him rest."
— Levi chooses to let Erwin rest

Even though there is actually a way to inject both, since they don't need the entire ammount in the syringe, and there is a way to inject both without exposing the serum to oxygen.

Didn't anyone even thought to check chapter 84 and see who is the one still living?
May 1, 2017 1:52 PM

Jan 2011
wtf? plot armored titan strikes again
Jun 25, 2017 10:14 PM

Apr 2016
I wonder if Jean really wanted Reiner to die..? It's great that Jean protected Hange, by pushing her away when Zeke came to get Reiner, but it didn't seem like Jean wanted to attack his former teammate... I wonder what Isayama has planned, since Reiner is still alive. :/

That flashback Eren had of Armin was very cute. <33 Eren definitely would have fought back to the bullies, so I can see why he asked Armin why he didn't fight back. It was an interesting perspective, when Armin said he didn't lose because he didn't run away. :-) This was how Eren and Armin’s friendship began.

Mikasa and Eren's protection over Armin never gets old. <33 I understand Eren and Mikasa's desire to save their childhood friend... But I think it truly takes a lot, for a person to look at the whole picture and make decisions that would be of the most benefit, which Levi is capable of. So, I feel bad for Levi to be put on the spot, choosing between Erwin and Armin... >.< I seriously want both characters to live. Bravo to Levi for thinking of which person would save humanity.

Now...what was that letter from Ymir to Historia that Reiner talked about?? I'm looking forward to finding out what it says.

What did Zeke mean when he said Grisha brainwashed Eren, and that the two of them are victims of the deceased doctor? ._______. I hope I don't have to wait for long, to find out the answer.
Aug 23, 2017 6:49 PM

Jul 2013
If Erwin could talk and knew that Armin's plan took down the Colossal Titan, I'm pretty sure he would ask from Levi to give that shot to Armin
Dec 2, 2017 4:21 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Armin or Erwin, what is your bet?
Feb 22, 2020 9:29 PM

Jan 2016
Levi actually looked like a freaking zombie on top of the wall covered in titan blood, holy heck.

And oooof that fucking ending.

I reeeaallly didn't want Reiner to get away...
Dec 27, 2020 9:55 AM

Sep 2011
That is a hard decision. Mikasa don't looks happy with the choice of Levi.

Holy damn Jean, why you still feel pity for Reiner? Now he is free again, good job.
Mar 5, 2022 10:34 AM
Sep 2020
looking back at it , levi was right i will choose the one who will save humanity,

May 1, 2023 4:17 AM
Mar 2022
EU VOU SALVAR O ARMIN !!!!!!!!!!!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Yesterday, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.