Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2010 3:47 AM
Oct 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That was a nice chapter. My thoughts about it:

- The editor-in-chief has a point, but I still think Miura is quite incompetent.
- Niizuma finally reappears!
- Iwase is going to be a tough rival, that's for sure.
- A magnificent scheme indeed, Hattori sure knows what he is doing. Too bad he isn't Ashirogi's editor anymore.
Jan 21, 2010 3:57 AM

Apr 2009
Iwase and Niizuma's manga seems like one of the more interesting manga in Bakuman so far.
Jan 21, 2010 3:59 AM

Aug 2009
Niizuma is back! Awesome sauce! The following chapters will be so cool :)
Jan 21, 2010 4:01 AM

Sep 2009
its almost sad how much hattori is the better editor.
Devils don't ask Gods for favors!
My Youtube Channel with german Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/belarion87
LP: SMW Hacks, Terranigma 2, Aquaria
Jan 21, 2010 4:13 AM

Jul 2009
Eiji's back finally!!! And he was as EPIC as I expected him to be XD

Tomah said:
The editor-in-chief has a point, but I still think Miura is quite incompetent.

That's what I though as well. Miura is really bugging me for being so much into comedy...
This is a signature.
Jan 21, 2010 5:26 AM

Sep 2008
the creation of "bakuman" is taking time, hope it's the name they are going to be thinking up :P
Jan 21, 2010 6:03 AM

Oct 2009
Ok, this chapter was unexpectedly epic. Eiji doing two series at once? With the story of Iwase? Fuck yeah.

And I lol'd at Miura wearing a Beck T-shirt.
Jan 21, 2010 6:11 AM

Jul 2009
Hattori..you schemer XD

Tough rival for Ashirogii for sure
Jan 21, 2010 6:11 AM
Feb 2009
Wow, this chapter was really good. The story Iwase thought of sounds very interesting, I would read something like. Can't wait to see what will Ashirogi Muto team do when they see this new manga by Nizuma and Iwase.
Jan 21, 2010 6:53 AM

Feb 2008
It was so funny just to watch Eiji dancing along on Hattori's palm.
Jan 21, 2010 7:48 AM

Sep 2009
Eiji is a printing press, seriously.
LahisJan 21, 2010 8:01 AM
Jan 21, 2010 8:50 AM

Jul 2008
nizuma doing the artwork, this should be interesting
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jan 21, 2010 9:43 AM

Nov 2007
Miura really should of been fired.... as his boss does the chief really not realize how bad Miura is? I hope Hattori's plan works and they get inspired and not keep putting out crap like Tanto. their new rivals story sounds way more interesting than tanto or anything they did since Trap.
Jan 21, 2010 10:19 AM

Mar 2008
For one second, I thought that maybe Miura would get fired for stressing Takamura out. I seriously thought that. But it made me cry to see that the only thing that was said was 'It's your own fault, that you don't write what you want'.
If your editor doesn't apporve in any way, then it's impossible to write and draw a good manga. WTF. The editor is at fault, too, if something sucks.
Poor Takamura. I felt bad for him and I'm sad to see Miura still going around.
On the other way:
YES HATTORI. Although he's not being their editor anymore, he's supporting them as if he were. I love him so much.
And Eiji was pure awesomeness!
So this chapter was split in two, somehow.
Tell me how it feels, breaking down the old walls.

Jan 21, 2010 10:35 AM

Nov 2008
Awesome chapter. I love where this is going.
Mephz said:
the creation of "bakuman" is taking time, hope it's the name they are going to be thinking up :P

What makes you think there'll be a Bakuman manga inside Bakuman? That doesn't make any sense.
Jan 21, 2010 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
Shit this is getting better and better

Eiji + Iwase v.s a gag manga by ashirogi muto

it doesn't look good for our heroes
Jan 21, 2010 11:47 AM

Apr 2008
Liked it. I like where this is going too with Niizuma and Iwase teaming up.
Jan 21, 2010 1:55 PM

Sep 2009
As Eiji said, "I WANT MORE!"
Jan 21, 2010 2:32 PM
May 2008
Tomah said:
- The editor-in-chief has a point, but I still think Miura is quite incompetent.
- Niizuma finally reappears!
- Iwase is going to be a tough rival, that's for sure.
- A magnificent scheme indeed, Hattori sure knows what he is doing. Too bad he isn't Ashirogi's editor anymore.
This.
Jan 21, 2010 2:33 PM

May 2007
Glad to see Eiji back in the manga! :D And Hattori as well! This is getting exciting, I wonder if Eiji can make it?

Jan 21, 2010 7:43 PM

May 2009
Awesome chapter. Hattori and Nizuma completely owned this one. Makes Miura look all the more sad in comparison. I really believe Hattori's scheme will finally get Ashirogi off their asses and ditch the gag strip idea once and for all. I can't wait to see Iwase and Nizuma collaborate. A damn brilliant development IMO.
ArcticMechJan 21, 2010 7:48 PM
Jan 21, 2010 7:54 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
This is going to be great! Right now Eiji and Ashirogi Muto are on such different levels. I hope this will encourage them to start being rivals again :)
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 21, 2010 8:14 PM
Jul 2009
Niizuma and Akina will be Ashirogi Muto's toughest opponent to date! Looking forward to the next chapter (with color pages). ^_^
Jan 21, 2010 8:58 PM

Aug 2008
Well well... What else can I say... GENIUS!!! What a frikkin' awesome chapter people!!! the best chapter since a while ago!!! I retake it on my mind and review every and each convo bubble and I can't simply stop myself for being amazed of this Nice and cool chapter... We'll finally face what this manga wanted to show us since the beginning... Well maybe I'm exaggerating, but this undoubtly stirred and will stir Ashirogi... I really want to see them revived, and realize that they have to stop writing that crap and finally get their job done!

The first half was a confirmation for a pair of things... Miura sucks bad, but he has the approval of Chief Editor... who perfectly knows how the industry goes... and is supported by his experience... Miura has to have something why Chief Editor support him so much.... Chief Editor's statement didn't make sense at the beginning... but if you think a bit about it, he's right!!! If things went the way we want, then there wouldn't be any problem... but just as he said, both parties have to face their problems and finally flourish with a new manga! XD Ashirogi should ditch Tanto and try with something else!

Eiji's comeback was a bomb!!!! that's why I missed him!! hahaha... Indeed that little guy is a printing press LOL... I can't believe Hattori is serious with this... Is just to far-fetched in my eyes... but man that definitely would be a hit! In fact this second half shows us that Hattori is an awesome guy! An editor and a human being... He's demonstrating he loves Ashirogi and they need to be awoken from the slumber they've been since they lost Trap.. It's a bit sad, but Eiji + Iwase looks like an awesome combo that would stir for sure the whole WSJ magazine... Just as Hattori said... this will peek an attention inside and outside the magazine... and that'll make it more awesome for sure XD... Can't wait for next chappie!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2010 9:45 PM
Jun 2009
nice chapter...
long time no see Eiji!
Jan 21, 2010 10:26 PM
Nov 2007
preditcion: niizuma cancels Crow as his "one cancelled series"
Jan 22, 2010 11:51 AM

Nov 2009
Nah I don't think he would do that. Why would he use the ''cancel one series'' on his own series when he can cancel it himself if he wanted to.

Very nice chapter.
Hattori sure is one nasty schemer. Reminds me of L from Death Note somehow.
Jan 22, 2010 6:04 PM

Jun 2007
The name, I want to see it, I want to see it! :3

Uh finally I'm excited after reading a chapter. Oh Hattori you're awesome and more Niizuma yes!!
Jan 23, 2010 5:40 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, that was such a great chapter.
I hope Ashirogi'll finally give up on Tanto and all that comedy crap. Niizuma & Iwase are going to be a tough rival, so Ashirogi has to come up with something really good.
And I'm so happy there is (and definitely will be) more Eiji ^^
rebwaters said:
Miura has to have something why Chief Editor support him so much....

Maybe he's his son O.o
Sorry for my bad english ^^'
Jan 23, 2010 5:46 AM
May 2009
Good luck Eiji!! Woooooooooo
Jan 23, 2010 9:16 PM

Jun 2008
Eiji's back!!! :P This is getting really interesting.
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Jan 24, 2010 8:27 AM

Jul 2009
Awesome back to the manga side and it feels like the beginning again :P
Jan 25, 2010 5:55 AM

Nov 2008
Hattori, why so awesome? <3

Tomah said:

That's true but Miura is still annoying me a bit. I hope he forgets the Comedy soon >':

They have to come up with a great manga to beat Niizuma and Iwase and I hope it's "Bakuman" this time!

Jan 28, 2010 8:16 PM

Nov 2007
Brilliant chapter. Wow, I just love Eiji and Hattori.

And yes, Miura is still incompetent. The editor-in-chief shouldn't stick up for him so blindly.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Feb 3, 2010 4:57 AM

Oct 2008
oooooooooooh, Iwase and Eiji teaming up. That's gonna be one awesome manga. o_oo
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 17, 2010 10:13 AM

Mar 2009
Why is Eiji that cute ^.^
Finally he returned. (:
Aug 17, 2010 4:17 AM

Apr 2010
Eiji has to be my favourite manga character ever.
I love everything about him <3

On the other hand, Ashirogi suck. A lot. They're annoying me to no end -_-
Oct 24, 2010 10:09 PM

Jun 2009
Woah! Mr. Hattori's planning to release Muto's potential by teaming up Iwase and Eiji.. Godlike!!
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 17, 2010 8:30 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Lahis said:
Eiji is a printing press, seriously.

QTF. He's a beast.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 8, 2011 9:47 AM

Apr 2010
AMAZING chapter, absolutely loved it. While i disagree with most of what the chief said, he does have a point. Don't blame Miura, write what you want in the first place and tell him to deal with it. It worked for Nizuma!

crowslayer91 said:
preditcion: niizuma cancels Crow as his "one cancelled series"
I can so see this happening.

Rezk said:
Nah I don't think he would do that. Why would he use the ''cancel one series'' on his own series when he can cancel it himself if he wanted to.

I don't think they'd let him cancel it that easily, so it makes sense for him use his 'one cancel' on his own.
AniluvJan 9, 2011 11:03 AM
Mar 14, 2012 11:38 PM

Sep 2011
Miura sucks as an editor and he also is not letting them write what they want either.
Hattori is so much better of an editor it isn't even funny.
Jun 25, 2012 12:46 AM

Oct 2008
I was thinking that the editor-in-chief was a little bit wrong there. He sadi that it's Takahama's fault that he didn't draw what he wanted. But isn't that what Ashirogi's trying to do at first? But then this useless editor was insistent on doing gag. They even did two series names to show him what they really wanted. And in the end, he still succeeded in forcing them to do gag. I just hope this secret project of Hattori bring Ashirogi back to their senses.
May 29, 2016 7:19 PM

Jan 2016
Wow, this is exciting!
Apr 11, 2018 9:24 AM

Dec 2015
czerah said:
I was thinking that the editor-in-chief was a little bit wrong there. He sadi that it's Takahama's fault that he didn't draw what he wanted. But isn't that what Ashirogi's trying to do at first? But then this useless editor was insistent on doing gag. They even did two series names to show him what they really wanted. And in the end, he still succeeded in forcing them to do gag. I just hope this secret project of Hattori bring Ashirogi back to their senses.

My thoughts exactly. What the chief said was so wrong. If you can't adjust to what your editor says that doesn't make you talentless, if you want to write a sci-fi novel or manga, you should be able to do just that, the editor should only guide you and help you. Stephen King probably can't write comedy but that doesn't mean he's talentless, he's just better suited to horror. Hattori even mentioned that he's worried Ashirogi Muto will become "a Jack of all trades, and a Master of none". Not being able to write every single genre in existence doesn't make you talentless, it makes you goddamn human.
Nov 14, 2021 3:18 PM

Dec 2007
the return of hattori the schemer, with now his new partner yuujiro xD

though you kinda have to agree with the editor-in-chief, miura is still not better. it returned me to the start of TRAP arc where he said that TRAP is stiff. sure his ideas for "light" dialogues and puns helped it out, but from the first minute he all was about comedy and gag and didn't let ashirogi do much. when mashiro and takagi brought serious series he tended to the comedy one, when they wanted future watch he chose over gag. his prejudice not helping him be the editor in chief so talked about, even if they will brought him something else amazing now he won't back of tanto.
i bet that if mashiro and takagi would present this to hattori or the editor in chief, there will be other discussion, but the way he presented it he didn't gave them much doubt.
though i do agree with him that the one deciding what they should serialize is what the editor want to, because if the editor won't like it he wouldn't want to send it to the serialzition meeting, and that's completely understood, that's they'r job for.
Aug 19, 2023 11:17 AM

Jun 2021
I'm in love with bakuman, the characters, the plot, the feelings, the message, everithing is so nice, it's incredible how this two motherfuckers named takeshi obata and tugumi ohba could made a slice of life manga with textwalls level hxh the same or more exciting and funny than a full-action hyper-frenetic tournament battle shounen manga, plus, they made death note, a totally different thing in almost everything except both have strategy, but usually the 2nd series of a mangaka have a similar plot or recicled characters with the same personality or themes BUT THIS HIJOS DE PUTA CREATED A STORY NO FANTASY/SOBRENATURAL THINGS ABOUT TWO NERDS WHO MAKE MANGA THAT IS SO DIFFERENT OF ALL THE SJ STUFF IN THE 2000'S AND EVEN THEY GAINED SUCCESS. THANK YOU CABRONES I'LL NEVER REGRET OF BUYING ALL THE 20 VOLUMES.
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.