Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2016 4:33 AM

Sep 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, what a beautiful conclusion to the series! Still somewhat cliche but that's forgivable given the age of the show.
And the equally beautiful ending theme only strengthens that impression.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
May 30, 2017 3:59 PM

Feb 2014
I feel like the last episode was more fitting as an ending episode, but this was pretty cool. Interesting to see that Granny became the 107th devil hunter after winning against her twin sister, as it gives a little insight into some specifics regarding which girls are chosen. Yay they became friends at the end!

Overall I liked this series! I love magical girl shows and this one was exciting with all the action. Pretty fanservicey but at least it didn't really impede plot progression. Although with that being said, there really wasn't much of a plot. I'd still give it 7-8/10.

We never saw Yohko get laid at the end, did we?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2017 1:21 PM
Nov 2009
Poor teacher guy died.
Oct 5, 2019 8:55 PM

Aug 2015
This last episode didn't really make sense towards the end, just becoming a series of "things that happened"
Why does Ayako suddenly work with Yohko at the end, after refusing all opportunity to do so? The character development is or some acknowledgement of a need to work together is missing; I thought Yohko was frozen, but suddenly she's moving. The situation is resolved because it has to be resolved.
I guess the teacher died, and nobody made any comment on his fate. These ladies are pretty cold...

The previous episode felt like the stakes were really high, and it seemed hard to top. And ofc this anime's staff couldn't top it. This episode could've preceded the last one and Ayako could've been in it for a stronger finishing episode.

I think the problem for me with this anime overall is that it mostly coudln't grab my attention. The episode stories are all pretty shallow, which leaves ecchi the only other area of interest.
it's really not ecchi enough to hold my attention by modern standards, or compete with 1990s ecchi like 1994's New Cutey Honey, which is really va-va-voom and ba-bow. Maybe if Yohko had a more mature, fuller body, that would've helped. It feels like this is too much Usagi / Sailor Moon for my taste.

animation by Mad House, which is competent but never at any point would I say it was particularly visually interesting.

I feel like I'm not opposed to the "bimbo" as an archetype or as a lead, but maybe Yohko just lacked something for me to like her. The Dirty Pair can be shallow and dumb as bricks sometimes, but they're still pretty smart when it comes to detective work and killing people. There isn't anything balancing out Yohko's shallowness, it feels like she's in bimbo mode until a switch is flipped (the magical girl transformation).

Oba-san is definitely the best girl in this anime lol

I noticed the dub threw in some cheesy pop culture references, appropriate to this episode was Highlander's catch phrase

overall, this gets a meh from me
glassknucklesOct 5, 2019 8:59 PM
Nov 8, 2021 11:50 PM
Jan 2019
Final Episode alone atones the rest of the episode, to answer the previous commenter.

The animation and new art style are simply gorgeous in Episode 6.
Plus, considering the title drop in this episode, which translated to something like "Deivl Hunter Yohko Squared", it was supposed to be a start of something like second season.

So yeah, i don't consider it as Episode 6, it's more like Episode 1 of Season 2, that could not become whole season.
Jul 31, 2023 5:20 PM

Sep 2018
Pretty bad overall, horrible series composition, so much felt oddly placed and/or out of order. The whole just felt rushed with nothing to connect the viewer either mentally or emotionally, hardly an immersive experience. Yohko was a decent MC, pretty funny, a bit of an airhead at times. Her messing up or fooling around was probably the best thing about this show. Had that unapologetic 90s ecchi at times, casual nudity, random molesting, etc. 4/10.

They had a decent concept here and the made it into something pretty short and bland in the end.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devil Hunter Yohko Episode 4 Discussion

FurukawaPan - May 21, 2010

13 by radle »»
Mar 22, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Mamono Hunter Youko Episode 2 Discussion

Noodle070 - May 30, 2017

3 by gabgmnz »»
Jan 17, 2023 3:25 PM

Poll: » Mamono Hunter Youko Episode 1 Discussion

Noodle070 - May 30, 2017

4 by Etherius_ZS »»
Dec 24, 2021 12:11 PM

Poll: » Mamono Hunter Youko Episode 5 Discussion

kitsune0 - May 30, 2016

4 by Keytee1 »»
Nov 1, 2021 7:34 AM

Poll: » Mamono Hunter Youko Episode 3 Discussion

Noodle070 - May 30, 2017

0 by Noodle070 »»
May 30, 2017 9:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.