Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2010 11:59 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 12, 2010 2:07 PM

Aug 2009
That was a curing episode.* wrong anime lol*

Great episode, loved the comedy of the face reactions put into each character.
porkypinkJan 12, 2010 4:12 PM
[right]

Jan 12, 2010 2:46 PM

Jul 2008
I like how this isn't heavy on the drama. I'm glad they insert comedic moments inbetween.

LOL They forgot what they were talking about originally.

If Pin had a huge ego before, I can't imagine how high it's now.
I like how he was speaking all poetically here.

But then goes back to his usual self. Hahaha, awesome Pin.
Jan 12, 2010 3:59 PM

Aug 2009
I bet Pin was actually happy that he thinks Kurumi likes him.. But now since some girls heard this false statement of Pin, I have a feeling rumors will start spreading about Kurumi and she will get bullied :(
[right]

Jan 12, 2010 10:42 PM

Jun 2009
Sawako's innocence/stupidity still pisses me off, especially in this episode. All hail Kurumi!!!
Jan 12, 2010 11:07 PM
Nov 2008
-Hei- said:
Sawako's innocence/stupidity still pisses me off, especially in this episode. All hail Kurumi!!!
Jan 13, 2010 12:05 AM

Feb 2008
I'm still hoping for Kurumi's rehabilitation.
Jan 13, 2010 1:00 AM

Apr 2008
-Hei- said:
This. With each episode, I've been discovering more and more that the biggest draw of this anime for me is the strong supporting cast, whereas Kazehaya and especially Sawako have just begun to grate on my nerves. Kurumi has proved to be the most interesting character by far; I've really liked the way she's written.

The Earth King has invited you to Lake Laogai. You will be honored to accept his invitation.
Jan 13, 2010 1:09 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I love Kimi ni Todoke but seriously, I rolled my eyes at this episode. Waayy too dramatic.

3/5
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 13, 2010 1:20 AM
May 2009
Looks like next week,
Amazing soundtrack, too.
Jan 13, 2010 1:22 AM

Sep 2009
I liked the episode. Kurumi is definitely the most interesting character so far. Seems like Kurumi's relationship with Sawako is developing a little like I thought....unless they stop talking after this or something...but I doubt that.
Jan 13, 2010 2:43 AM

Sep 2009
Full of talking but I guess it needed to be said so that the characters can move on, next episode looks good :)
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Jan 13, 2010 2:59 AM
Oct 2009
Easily the worst episode so far.

Jan 13, 2010 3:12 AM

Oct 2009
The impossible happened whole 180 degree turn in this episode! Kurumi confesses all and Sawako and she still comes back to tell her one more thing about her loving Kazehaya....big O_o Not only that but there is admitting from Sawako of feeling jealous because Kurumizawa is cuter than her!? D: What in the world..Sawako is maturing fast in the emotional level. Huge emotional shift....from laughing in the beginning towards Kurumi and Yoshida going all angry on Kurumi to being sad and T_T for Sawako because Kurumi made her cry=>
.....not only that she said to Sawako that she hates her! Rage like a volcano.....not excusable to me! As being married to her....me leaving Kurumi alone would be the least of her problems with Sawako. What is more impressive is that Sawako could distinguish the feelings of lies and truth on a emotional level from Kurumi. Volleyball match was great (the way it was presented) and so was the soccer game since the Sawako's team won. As soon as the Pin part showed a laughed so much my stomach still hurts....too hilarious! XD I got after this a 180 degree turn on shedding for the first time tears for Kurumi.....genuine sympathy and feeling bad for...please don't hate me club but I could not resist the emotional flow so to speak. Just this once and nothing more! I don't know why but I happened, all of the first time (Sawako/Yano/Yoshida VS Kurumi) was a big OoO surprise during the whole thing but the last part was just TT_TT and I still don't know why! Why? Well too bad for Kurumi and screw the people who used her so that she is like that now! Bad, bad people they were! I missed so much these type of drawings but one one them is back!=>
and it sure shows how important friends are to each other. Always a good time to do things with a partner on a farm and so is the same in real life I am also of course saying it to those here on MAL. A favorite part of Sawako=>
Nice flashbacks during the volleyball/soccer play and it was also a nice touch to remind all how it was with Kurumi and Sawako in the past=>
Probably the best scene of Sawako and Kurumi=>
The last of GIF for Kurumi....one is her being stupid and all angry (I laughed so much at her here) but the problem comes with the other gif where she made me have T_T of sympathy put it this way.....I still don't know why exactly it worked on me despite my hate for her!
Overall I know that next episode Kurumi will attempt to confess and I will laugh when I see the result at her with great hate once more. This episode completely changes Kurumi into a little truth angel and it worked on me so I got kind of deceived but seriously curse the people who made Kurumi like that....she did not deserve to be used like that at all.
Ampharos said:
Huh? No way! I loved the emotional exchange but there is something wrong here=>
saxophone15 said:
I liked the episode. Kurumi is definitely the most interesting character so far. Seems like Kurumi's relationship with Sawako is developing a little like I thought....unless they stop talking after this or something...but I doubt that.
You would be surprised of how Kurumi changes in the future and the faster she goes away from the show the better. She is a waste of time here.....
asdf1248 said:
Looks like next week,
Amazing soundtrack, too.
It looks like it and you know what happens as a result...right?
Nameless_Hero said:
I like how this isn't heavy on the drama. I'm glad they insert comedic moments inbetween.

LOL They forgot what they were talking about originally.
Yeah that was a little funny thing just shows how good friends are but best was when they all started to call Kurumi idiot!

Nameless_Hero said:
If Pin had a huge ego before, I can't imagine how high it's now.
I like how he was speaking all poetically here.

But then goes back to his usual self. Hahaha, awesome Pin.
Yeah that part with Pin is going to spread some nasty rumors about Kurumi but it made me laugh so much! My stomach hurts a little still. Seriously Kurumi is being bad talked with lots of other students....wonder why now all of a sudden....must be Sawako's sudden bad luck slam on Kurumi!
francismeunierJan 13, 2010 3:23 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 13, 2010 3:48 AM

Oct 2009
LMAO at Pin's part. He sure knows how to rock the boat.
Jan 13, 2010 3:59 AM

Nov 2007
Well ... for Sawako to still go back should be expected of her but still ... and her animation in this episode seemed ... odd in this episode for some reason @_@ seems next episode it seems it's time for Kurumi to confess to Kazehaya.
Jan 13, 2010 4:06 AM

Oct 2009
Pin was jokes, and a complete idiot.

"Who wants to be thought of badly by the person they love?"

I think the exchange between Kurumi, Sawako, Yano and Yoshida was perfect, I didn't get irritated by Sawako's niceness and slowness at all. I thought it was perfect for her character, I was suprised when she left Kurumi alone in the first place, but then when she'd thought about it and goes back I was really happy and it worked even better than if she'd said it at the beginning in front of Yano and Yoshida like I was expecting.

Not much Kazehaya in this episode at all, but I didn't think it needed it so he wasn't missed much.

The preview for next episode looked
Jan 13, 2010 6:00 AM
Jan 2009
It's official: Sawako is Prince Myshkin in a dress and Chizu really bends it like Beckham. All in all, decent episode.
Jan 13, 2010 6:23 AM

Sep 2007
Jan 13, 2010 6:54 AM

Apr 2009
Sawako is so naive, I can't understand her.. And now, I pity Kurumi.
Jan 13, 2010 7:49 AM

Oct 2009
Kirika- said:
Sawako is so naive, I can't understand her.. And now, I pity Kurumi.
Yeahm I though that too but she is learning and part of that I would think is being naive to learn from mistakes. If you ask me....too much compassion.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 13, 2010 8:04 AM

Sep 2008
Looking for next episode!!~
That's all I can say~~~

Jan 13, 2010 8:13 AM

Apr 2009
Naruleach said:
I love Kimi ni Todoke but seriously, I rolled my eyes at this episode. Waayy too dramatic.

3/5

That is very much what I wanted to say. The first part was okay since it had some funny moments but the second(where Sawako starts thinking of Kurumi) felt like the kicking the brake in the middle of nowhere, it was sloooow. I hope Kurumi doesn't stay around for too long.
Jan 13, 2010 8:21 AM

Dec 2008
To be honest Sawako thinks too much about the whole friendship thing. I sincerely hope it won't continue 'till the end of the anime and she builds up a bit more inner strength without banking too much on her friends. I don't really mind that she doesn't want Kurumi to be sad but her way of thinking "I'm so happy to have friends" is getting sorta annoying by every watched episode.

Though I liked this episode quite a lot, dramatic but still with moments of comedic taste. The pacing really is slow but oh well thereby they can bring up the feelings and thoughts way better than speeding up the plot and making it seem like apathetic.
SmthAwfulJan 13, 2010 12:19 PM
Jan 13, 2010 8:44 AM
Nov 2008
I found this episode surprisingly underwhelming. I liked it, for sure, but it didn't have the same overly emotional feeling that I've come to expect from the show. Last week was a tough act to follow, but really, I just didn't feel the whole Sawako Kurumi interaction.
Jan 13, 2010 8:44 AM

May 2009
nice ep ... and man the sports day is endless!! this is like the 4th ep in the sports day?

Jan 13, 2010 9:08 AM

Jun 2008
As expected Sawako still thinks of Kurumi as a friend and it'll probably turn out that way.

I just hope the Pin x Kurumi jokes will be kept up after she confesses to Kazehaya.
Jan 13, 2010 9:10 AM

Dec 2009
The redeeming thing about Sawako's cluelessness is how much it needles Kurumi
=3
Jan 13, 2010 9:52 AM
Jun 2009
Naruleach said:

3/5

pretty much what i had in mind...
Jan 13, 2010 10:29 AM

Oct 2009
Ampharos said:

i must agree with that
Jan 13, 2010 10:38 AM

Aug 2008
OK, I love Kimi ni Todoke, but this episode sort of pissed me off. The beginning was handled very nicely, but afterward, I'm wondering why the hell this arc is being stretched for so long. It's like looking into an emo girl's diary of one day. Please end this arc as soon as possible, because it's getting real old.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 13, 2010 10:47 AM

Feb 2008
lol wow, i knew this was going to happen. now they start a friendly rivalry right? i haven't ruled out a tragic end.
Jan 13, 2010 11:26 AM

Feb 2009
Such a touching episode. Sawako is such a pure hearted girl ;_;

Kurumi, even though I still think of her as an evil manipulative bitch, gained a bit of respect from me in this episode.
Jan 13, 2010 11:33 AM

Aug 2008
Geez. If Sawako is clever enough to figure out how Kurumi felt, why can't she get a grasp of her motivations? You'd think by now she'd know when someone does or doesn't have ill intentions, but she just doesn't understand this concept yet.

Besides that, the comedy was hilarious.
Jan 13, 2010 11:41 AM

Sep 2008
Best episode so far
Jan 13, 2010 12:01 PM

Apr 2009
BokuSatchii said:
-Hei- said:
This. With each episode, I've been discovering more and more that the biggest draw of this anime for me is the strong supporting cast, whereas Kazehaya and especially Sawako have just begun to grate on my nerves. Kurumi has proved to be the most interesting character by far; I've really liked the way she's written.

This, except that it's not Kurumi that I like the best (all hail Ryuu, for he is awesome). Sawako makes me roll my eyes too much xP Kazehaya isn't half bad, he's really cute and not as naive as Sawako...Chizu is my 2nd favourite. AND PIN. Pin, dammit, he cracked me up again today xD
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jan 13, 2010 12:54 PM

Nov 2008
I've always hated Kurumi.. but now, I feel sorry for her.
And Sawako is way too naive and nice that I'm annoyed ._.
Jan 13, 2010 1:26 PM

Oct 2007
No matter how much I love Sawako, each passed episode, Kurumi who has never really been on my sight in the beginning but now no more. She is right in front of me and in front of Sawako. I usually dislike or hate this kind of character as Kurumi. But for the first time in my history, Kurumi is the only one of her kind of character that I actually LOVE.

noteDhero said:
Geez. If Sawako is clever enough to figure out how Kurumi felt, why can't she get a grasp of her motivations? You'd think by now she'd know when someone does or doesn't have ill intentions, but she just doesn't understand this concept yet.

Besides that, the comedy was hilarious.
She is still learning, you know.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 13, 2010 1:42 PM

Aug 2008
The thing is, that she hasn't voiced an inkling of thinking Kurumi had any ill intentions. If she had said, "And don't ever do that again," or something that let me know she was not happy about what happened, then I'd be fine. But for her to still seem so ignorant after everything that happened in the second arc is a little too much.
Jan 13, 2010 2:11 PM

Jun 2008
It's okay Kurimi-chan. I'm still on your side.
Jan 13, 2010 2:14 PM
Oct 2007
Kimi-Todo is better in paper after all. The animation and music are great, but I think because the pacing of this episode is too slow, it makes the drama feel draggy and unnecessary. This and next episode should have been combined.

Sawako and Kurumi are essentially very similar, because they are actually both "loners" in a sense. Neither have had true friends before. The difference between Sawako and Kurumi, imo, is that Sawako looks at everything from an optimistic perspective (i.e. seeing the good in people and overlooking their flaws) while Kurumi takes everything from more of a pessimistic, or should I say skeptical, point of view.
Jan 13, 2010 2:24 PM

Feb 2009
Well that is what happen to you when you are superficial Kurumi. How can Kazehaya fall for you when you wearing a mask all the time?

Pin is lol what an idiot, but I do like how his tarnishing Kurumi reputation.
Jan 13, 2010 2:29 PM

Apr 2008
Sadako, Legend of the Underground/Secret Leader... I'd watch it! Plus Pin surrounded by roses XD

Can't say I like Kurumi still, but seeing her so lonely and admitting she realised Kazehaya doesn't like her, did get make me feel bad for her...
Jan 13, 2010 2:48 PM

Feb 2009
I wanted Kazehaya to go after Sawako and hear what she said. There was too little Kazehaya in this episode, but it was nice to see an other side of Kurumi.
Jan 13, 2010 2:55 PM

Nov 2008
Someone needs to

And I'm getting used to Sawako's current hairstyle, it really fits her.
Jan 13, 2010 2:58 PM

May 2008
pfft Kurumi should learn to do things without hurting others, i wonder if ppl like her because she hurt others

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 13, 2010 3:25 PM
Nov 2007
I'd really like to see Kurumi x Pin :D
Jan 13, 2010 3:34 PM

Jul 2009
yay for this epsode =]
Jan 13, 2010 4:00 PM

Sep 2009
To this day, I have yet to dislike an episode of Kimi ni Todoke. I wish Shoujo Beat would just finish translating it, so I can experience the manga version as well.

Yoshida and Yano are really great friends. Sawako didn't really annoy me with her airheadedness, either. I was actually kinda surprised when she walked away from Kurumi without saying anything.

I don't hate Kurumi. I hate the method she went about to try to "obtain" Kazehaya for herself. I am rooting for Sawako x Kazehaya, of course, but please let Kurumi down gently. ;_; Aya Hirano did a great job bringing this character to life. She's a very "real" character.
-
Jan 13, 2010 4:13 PM

Jan 2008
Kurumi's still a jerk. If she loved Kazehaya as much as she claims to, she would come out and tell him rather than using underhanded tricks that she knew would upset him, such as trying to make him believe that Sawako liked Ryu. I wish someone had punched her.

I enjoyed this episode. Sawako's too forgiving and naive, but I've yet to get annoyed with her. She's become one of my favorite shoujo heroines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

161 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 2, 2010

161 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 6, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

maji_saikou - Nov 10, 2009

250 by nxtsue »»
Mar 5, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jakeki - Mar 9, 2010

169 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 1, 6:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.