Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2016 1:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was intense. Yuya using his Pendulum Dragon against Kaito's Galaxy Eyes.

Good duel, Yuya's overlay/XYZ summoning is impressive. Definitely an episode worth waiting for after the break with the clash of the mighty dragons. Galaxy Eyes are never to be underestimated ;o
Apr 24, 2016 2:23 AM

May 2013
Nice episode. I knew the duel won't be finished but there are interesting twists with it hmmm. I guess everyone knows Yusho

And Yuya/Yuto more interaction yeaaaaaah. Preview looks awesome
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 24, 2016 2:32 AM
Jun 2011
SweetCoconut said:
Nice episode. I knew the duel won't be finished but there are interesting twists with it hmmm. I guess everyone knows Yusho

And Yuya/Yuto more interaction yeaaaaaah. Preview looks awesome
it seems asuka will use cyber angels like in gx which i glad that she will not have diffrent deck like kaito
Apr 24, 2016 2:34 AM

Oct 2014
Still no ending footage. Screw DSoD, its not even funny anymore.
Apr 24, 2016 2:37 AM
Dec 2011
The Duel interrupted... I assumed this would happen because Yuma's first duel with Kaito also got stopped, and I thought maybe they would make a reference to it with Kaito vs the new portagonist.

Kaito is great, but some of his cards and plays look very gimmicky, like the double name censorship trap... Either way, the duel looked nice.

More up in the next episode when Kaito's past is explained fully... and also Fusion Dimension reveal. I wonder if everything is militarized there and if everyone who doesn't join Academia are treated as traitors (akin to pure-bloods in Harry Potter who don't join Death Eaters and are labeled blood-traitors).
Apr 24, 2016 4:32 AM
Apr 2013
RayofVictory said:

Agreed. If next week they still keeping this up, I'm really furious. This is just too much for advertisement and unfair for Arc-V.

Putting that aside, I'm so happy with this episode! The Duel got interrupted and Yuya haven't reach an understanding with Kaito...yet, but I'm really really happy watching the Duel (TTwTT)

I wonder will they continue their Duel later? You know, like Kaito did with Yuma in Zexal.
Apr 24, 2016 5:24 AM

Mar 2012
#WorthTheWait

Damn that ED didn't even have new footage unlike BBT footage in 5D's.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 24, 2016 9:23 AM
Aug 2014
What a great episode. As expected, Rebellion Dragon would be the key to keeping Kaito down. Nice for Shun to appear in time as well. Kaito seems to have conflicting thoughts and ran away. What's interesting is that he seems to know the name "Sakaki"

We're off to a great start this season. Hopefully it keeps up.
Apr 24, 2016 9:32 AM
Apr 2013
Shipuujin said:
What a great episode. As expected, Rebellion Dragon would be the key to keeping Kaito down. Nice for Shun to appear in time as well. Kaito seems to have conflicting thoughts and ran away. What's interesting is that he seems to know the name "Sakaki"

Apr 24, 2016 10:19 AM

Oct 2014
Yuya and Kaito's Duel was a nice reference to Yuma and Kaito's first Duel - both Duels ended with no result and Kaito disappeared immediately afterwards, also both Yuma and Yuya were completely outplayed and couldn't inflict even a single point of damage to Kaito.
Apr 24, 2016 12:02 PM
Jun 2011
RayofVictory said:
Yuya and Kaito's Duel was a nice reference to Yuma and Kaito's first Duel - both Duels ended with no result and Kaito disappeared immediately afterwards, also both Yuma and Yuya were completely outplayed and couldn't inflict even a single point of damage to Kaito.
he had so much counter attack spell cards that it no suprise yuya was not able to land a signal damage
Apr 24, 2016 6:45 PM
Sep 2015
Frost190 said:
RayofVictory said:

Agreed. If next week they still keeping this up, I'm really furious. This is just too much for advertisement and unfair for Arc-V.

Putting that aside, I'm so happy with this episode! The Duel got interrupted and Yuya haven't reach an understanding with Kaito...yet, but I'm really really happy watching the Duel (TTwTT)

I wonder will they continue their Duel later? You know, like Kaito did with Yuma in Zexal.

How feasible will it be that we just plain don't have an ending for this season? This is just the first week that DSOD is out in Japan, I'm sure they'll still attempt to promote the movie. Btw, does anyone have any idea when an online version will come for the movie? I really want to watch it
Apr 24, 2016 6:46 PM
Sep 2015
Frost190 said:
Shipuujin said:

Apr 24, 2016 8:05 PM
Apr 2013
richi1234 said:
Frost190 said:

Right! And I agree about Allen's VA. I know he's young, but his voice is just too childish in my opinion.
Apr 25, 2016 4:59 AM
Jul 2015
Kaito is more serious,colder and angrier than shun. I must say he is even worster than shun and is more loner than shun. I hope he warms up to Yuya and the group when xyz arc is coming to an end. Looks like Yusho has become more famous in other dimensions and Kaito also has some grudge on Yusho as well much like edo does and when Kaito heard the name sakaki he immediately ran away i think he and edo use to be students to Yusho but felt betrayed after the invasion. I look forward to see asuka next week and i hope she isn't a damseel in distress compare to how she was in gx
Apr 25, 2016 6:27 PM

Apr 2007
The YGO movie premiered in theaters over the weekend, I'm sure we should be getting Arc-V footage in the ending next episode or so :v

Asuka next week yeeessss~ <3 Here's hoping they do better with her character here. So much wasted potential in GX.
Apr 26, 2016 12:37 PM
Dec 2011
Something interesting to notice here...

Kaito knows the name Sakaki, Edo hates Yusho, Asuka is (probably) in the Fusion Dimension's You Show School, and a Magician card (that is supported by Magician Pendulum cards irl btw) ''randomly'' fell from the sky for Jack Atlas to find...

I feel like Yusho, aside from the fact that he is an ispiration for Yuya and many others from Standard, is more important to the plot than he actually seems.
Well, Jack finding Tuning Magician is just a hunch, but it seems like he (Yusho) is actually connected to every crossover character so far (aside from Crow, but it should be noted he was different from every other Synchro Dimension character so far in that he didn't want to duel brutally and only wanted to protect the orphans and other children from harm). Either way, he may be the good counterpart to Leo Akaba in Arc-V, as he could also be orchestrating his plans through other individuals, but for the sake of fun and smiles, and not for evil ambitions.
WithdrawnApr 26, 2016 12:47 PM
Apr 27, 2016 6:34 AM

Jul 2015
Tigardrenalin said:
Edo hates Yusho,

I read somewhere that Edo was the commanding general of Academia. That would make him hate Yusho if the latter were there to teach people to duel for fun and not for conquest.
Apr 27, 2016 7:38 AM
Dec 2011
Bill_the_Cat said:
Tigardrenalin said:
Edo hates Yusho,

I read somewhere that Edo was the commanding general of Academia. That would make him hate Yusho if the latter were there to teach people to duel for fun and not for conquest.

Could be, but we don't know how Edo's character will play out nor the nature of his hatred towards Yusho. For all we know, he could have been in love with Asuka and then got crushed when he learned she is leaving the Academia for Yusho's less violent school, not even joining Academia and joining the You Show School instead, or anything along those lines.

EDIT so I don't double post:
Just browsed the wikia and saw that Allen's full name is Allen Kozuki... Now, I wonder if he has anything to do with a certain character from Zexal that rides a flying rocket launcher and uses a Railroad themed deck...
WithdrawnApr 27, 2016 2:09 PM
Apr 28, 2016 4:02 AM

Feb 2013
Kaito seems to know something about Sakaki Yusho, if not,I don't get why he got so serious when he heard Sakaki.
Apr 28, 2016 5:16 AM

Jul 2015
Ulquiorra said:
Kaito seems to know something about Sakaki Yusho, if not,I don't get why he got so serious when he heard Sakaki.

I'm wondering if Yusho is the one who discovered the other dimensions and everyone blames him for the war now...
Apr 28, 2016 7:41 AM
Apr 2013
Does Yuya have any xyz support cards in his deck? His trump cards are xyz monsters, but he doesn't seem to include any rank up magic or overlay unit manipulation cards.
Apr 28, 2016 8:07 AM
Apr 2013
Bill_the_Cat said:
Ulquiorra said:

I'm wondering if Yusho is the one who discovered the other dimensions and everyone blames him for the war now...

From the interview with Sora's VA that I read a few months ago, Yusho got...positive opinions from people of the Xyz Dimension. Plus, in episode 41 flashback, Reiji got transported to Fusion Dimension and met his father at Academia three years ago, and from what Reiji said and how Reo already became the leader of Academia by the time they met, it seems he had left Standard for very long time even before Yusho does, so I doubt that Yusho was the one who discovered the other dimensions.

Deathsaurus said:
Does Yuya have any xyz support cards in his deck? His trump cards are xyz monsters, but he doesn't seem to include any rank up magic or overlay unit manipulation cards.

No, he doesn't have any of those. If he has one, he would have used it in previous episodes. Maybe he will get them later since now he is in Xyz Dimension.
Apr 28, 2016 10:09 AM

Jul 2015
Frost190 said:
Bill_the_Cat said:

From the interview with Sora's VA that I read a few months ago, Yusho got...positive opinions from people of the Xyz Dimension. Plus, in episode 41 flashback, Reiji got transported to Fusion Dimension and met his father at Academia three years ago, and from what Reiji said and how Reo already became the leader of Academia by the time they met, it seems he had left Standard for very long time even before Yusho does, so I doubt that Yusho was the one who discovered the other dimensions.

Ah, that's right. Thanks for the clarification. My memory isn't what it used to be...
Apr 28, 2016 2:08 PM

Apr 2016
I really liked this episode. It really showed off Yuya his skill in actually using rebellion dragon outside of his berserk mode. Because up till now every time he used rebellion dragon outside his berserk mode it kinda did nothing or got cut short.
Also a we finally get to see more of the extra deck Pendulum monsters, because that has been way under shown up till now.

Now is hope that Yuzu is going to be the amazing female protectionist again. BECAUSE SHE HAS BEEN UNDER USED TO MUCH.
Apr 28, 2016 5:09 PM
Sep 2012
I remember Kiteo being a very tough duelist, he was the only one to beat the main character (I am not saying his name) in Zexal. And he doesn't disappoint.

He is very angry, boarder line just scary angry like freaking Sasuke. But I thought Yuya showed Kiteo how good he is, for a moment you saw Kiteo was impressed, I don't think the main character in Zexal was able to do that on the first duel.

The duel is incomplete when some XyZ survivors show up, who are friends of Kiteo and he still bails on them, well he is stubborn that is one thing that hasn't changed.

Even though the duel had no winner, it was a good feeling each other out duel. I expect Yuya and Kiteo down the road to have a much better duel with a winner.

Next episode, we see what Yuzu is up to and she is in the Fusion dimension, looks like trouble, and Asuka to her aid? I thought she would be an enemy at first. Who is like Serena when we first meet her, still on Acadama's side but has some inter problems with the way they do things? I guess we will see.
Apr 28, 2016 7:37 PM
Apr 2013
I feel like they didn't put that much effort into Yuzu's duels compare to Yuya's.

This wasn't a problem with Izayoi or Asuka before in 5ds and gx, so I don't know why they make the female protagonist weak again.
Apr 29, 2016 7:06 AM
Apr 2013
Deathsaurus said:
I feel like they didn't put that much effort into Yuzu's duels compare to Yuya's.

This wasn't a problem with Izayoi or Asuka before in 5ds and gx, so I don't know why they make the female protagonist weak again.

I have to agree with you. I just don't get it why won't they make even just one female protagonist to be more powerful and Duels as much as the male protagonist. Is it too much to ask for at least one? When Serena joined Yuya and the others, I was hoping finally a female character will Duel more...only for her to be taken back...(_ _lll)
Apr 29, 2016 10:02 AM
Apr 2013
Frost190 said:
Deathsaurus said:

I have to agree with you. I just don't get it why won't they make even just one female protagonist to be more powerful and Duels as much as the male protagonist. Is it too much to ask for at least one? When Serena joined Yuya and the others, I was hoping finally a female character will Duel more...only for her to be taken back...(_ _lll)

Selena is an Academia duelist so I thought she'd have insane fusion tactics comparable to Sora's, and yet she never does any super awesome stuff.
DeathsaurusApr 29, 2016 10:43 AM
Nov 13, 2016 10:00 PM

Dec 2012
Kaito knows "Sakaki".

Yuya was about to get that L.

It's April 24th. DSOD is finally out. The sequel to the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga we've been waiting for. Go watch the best Yu-Gi-Oh! work in the history of Yu-Gi-Oh! folks.

@RayofVictory @Frost190 Show some respect to the reason Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V and it's spin-off predecessors exists period. You disrespect Kazuki Takahashi when you disrespect this movie. You act like they didn't do this with 5D's when Bonds That Transcend Time was advertised for a few episodes. Yu-Gi-Oh! started 20 years ago in 1996 as a manga. They will ADVERTISE THIS MANGA CANON MOVIE TO THE FULLEST TO CELEBRATE THE MANGA!
RobNov 13, 2016 10:04 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 4, 2020 3:25 PM

Feb 2014
Cool match, any match where Dark Rebellion is summoned is good.
Alexis appears next episode.
Jul 12, 2022 9:48 PM

Jul 2013
Anime Cipher has such a cool play style. It'd be a shame if the TCG turned it into another rank 8 turbo... oh... oh no.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Yesterday, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 132 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 16, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 127 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2016

39 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.