Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]
Jul 5, 2016 7:52 AM
May 2012
Didn't know Viral from Tengen Toppa is part of this Anime ahahahah.
And that ending song <3
Jul 6, 2016 4:00 AM

Aug 2014
Mumei's fighting style is fucking badass, loving her already. Ikoma is also pretty cool, he doesn't annoy as much as I thought he would.

I'm glad it only took this episode for Takumi to redeem himself by helping his bro out.

God tier ED from Aimer as expected.
The OP is also very nice, it reminds a lot of Guilty Crown's second opening (same singer, female protag walking down some stairs, female protag comforts the injured male protag etc...) It could do without the corny "are you a human or a Kabane!?" line though.
KashKetchumJul 6, 2016 8:15 AM
Jul 6, 2016 12:39 PM

Apr 2016
Mumei is great, the others are not, but the show is really cool, so I liek! (o.o)
Jul 11, 2016 6:53 AM
Jun 2016
I'm' really loving the art style.
Jul 14, 2016 11:20 PM

Jun 2011
That was really lame.. This series and Mumei are like the tryhard friend you have, who always try to be funny or cool, but just come off as cringeworthy. I notice this a lot in recent anime, that to make a female character lovable in the eyes of the general public, you just throw together some generic lovable character trait and just make her capable of fighting, then voila you have a "great female character". I puke every time she tries that cute *yawn* act, and her nonchalant attitude is pissing me off and making me cringe more than wow-ing me. Shows these days are way too self-aware, and it is not a good thing at all.

I did not enjoy the comedy in this episode as well, the conversation between protagonist and his friend at the beginning of the episode, that felt so forced, like, the timing was so bad, the animation/art was awkward, and it just feel like it didn't belong there.

I rarely like a female character in anime, I think Japan sometimes try too hard to make them look moe or something.. so back to the point, I hope the female characters in this series don't end up getting too annoying. I am not a fan of a female capable of fighting, but still pull that cute shit. It's the same for men.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 20, 2016 5:18 AM

May 2012
Impressive development, I really love where this is going! Looking forward to see what's next.
Jul 24, 2016 7:34 AM

Feb 2013
Wow this is actually turning out to be really good so far, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I usually am not a fan of *super* zombies, I prefer the more traditional slow moving type of zombie, but this show really makes it work. I also like the concept of there being a hybrid between human and zombie, pretty interesting.

Also the ninja chick is badass...I love her character and how she fights, the scene with her just unloading on the Kabane was really entertaining. The MC is also a pretty interesting character, I'm really looking forward to seeing how he develops and what's in store for him next episode.
Shape430Jul 24, 2016 7:59 AM
Jul 25, 2016 12:11 PM

Sep 2011
This was amazing!
Jul 28, 2016 1:18 AM

Jun 2008
I am glad i am watching this after it was aired by a decent sub group after seeing people watching crap streams with bad audio and subs etc trying to see it fast.

I found it funny how he gave all that dying speech etc and then they just threw him in the train. Kabaneri? Come on she just made that word up didn't she.

Darklight0303 said:
zal said:
It seems that the MC was not the only genius to have the revolutionary idea that to pierce hard things you need more powerful weapons.

Yes exactly. I don't see the problem with that. There's clearly some faction keeping these things under wraps and they are clearly in cahoots with the lords of the stations.

Ikoma is simply the first CIVILIAN to actually develop and research the Kabane this extensively.

What i do not get is why not simply shoot them in the head? What gives?
MonadJul 28, 2016 2:01 AM
Jul 28, 2016 2:04 AM

Apr 2008
Monad said:
I am glad i am watching this after it was aired by a decent sub group after seeing people watching crap streams with bad audio and subs etc trying to see it fast.

I found it funny how he gave all that dying speech etc and then they just threw him in the train. Kabaneri? Come on she just made that word up didn't she.

Darklight0303 said:

Yes exactly. I don't see the problem with that. There's clearly some faction keeping these things under wraps and they are clearly in cahoots with the lords of the stations.

Ikoma is simply the first CIVILIAN to actually develop and research the Kabane this extensively.

They're firing pellets. They're using steampunk muskets
Jul 28, 2016 2:50 AM

Jun 2008
Darklight0303 said:
Monad said:

So you are saying their weapons are so weak they can't penetrate the skull?
Jul 28, 2016 2:52 AM

Apr 2008
Monad said:
Darklight0303 said:

So you are saying their weapons are so weak they can't penetrate the skull?

Pretty much plus Kabane are quite sturdy. Remember the only reason Mumei cut through their head is cause she ain't human. She has enough force to pierce their reinforced body structure.
Jul 28, 2016 10:56 AM

Jul 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Mumei cut through their head is cause she ain't human. She has enough force to pierce their reinforced body structure.
No, that's not quite right. A Kabane's head is not so durable that humans can't cut it off. Mumei's strength allows her to pierce the heart with regular weapons. I'm hesitant to explain further here because I don't want to spoil future episodes...
Sep 26, 2016 10:13 AM

Jun 2016
Mumei's fighting style is good, skilled and impressive.
So, both Mumei and Ikoma are Kabaneri (same as something between human and kabane OR humans and ghouls OR humans and titans XD )
Sep 26, 2016 10:15 AM

Jun 2016
p.s. nice ED song, really love it <3
Oct 17, 2016 11:09 AM

Jul 2013
Feeling inconsistent so far and if the monster's werent ignoring the MC then it's seems like utter bullshit that he managed to get through the horde by himself.

I don't get what's so great about his gun either too but i guess they will explain it soon.
Oct 18, 2016 2:16 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty nice action we got going on in this episode. Seems that the reason Mumei can pull of some crazy moves is thanks to being half Kanabe. I wonder if there are any others like them.

Kuruwin said:
Feeling inconsistent so far and if the monster's werent ignoring the MC then it's seems like utter bullshit that he managed to get through the horde by himself.

I don't get what's so great about his gun either too but i guess they will explain it soon.

I'm guessing the Kabane "hunt" by smell so a train full of people probably gave off a bigger, more alluring odor or something as they drove by. It also seemed like only a few stragglers were checking him out at the spot where he fell.

As for his gun, it's special because it can penetrate a Kanabe's heart unlike the normal ones which seem to just stagger them. Although Mumei's guns can penetrate them with several rounds so I'm not sure why hers can work as well. They look unique so I'm guessing it's probably a similar method as Ikoma's.
Dec 13, 2016 12:06 AM

Dec 2012
Oh, snap. Female Kabane nipples. Doubt that was in the TV version.

Mumei is Son Goku.

Mumei rekt that dude for trying to touch her.

LMAO at the one Kabane doing that Snk spin move in the air to hit the train.

It takes a real man to help the people who abandoned him.

Ikoma is like Mumei. Looks like he found the mother of his children.

Mumei said Kabaneri. Roll credits!

Aimer with chelly!
RobDec 13, 2016 12:52 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 9, 2017 6:19 AM

Jul 2013
Ikoma might be an edgelord but I respect him cause I'd definitely do the same thing. Toss me out and abandon me? Doesn't matter. I'll still save you and die so that you'd get the sense of relief but also guilt will haunt you cause you know the guy you abandoned to die was the reason you're still breathing. That way 'd be remembered as a hero. Fuck yeah.

That Kurusu is annoying. He goes on about being samurai but in the end he didn't do anything useful. Also he's a fucking ingrate.
May 15, 2017 4:36 AM

Jun 2016
I already love Mumei. She's like Levi, but she looks like she's having fun.
Aug 31, 2017 9:18 AM

May 2013
lol Mumei is awessome.

What I find interesting is how the Kabane have emotions when their kind are killed. And how Kabaneri are in-between yet choose to fight for humans. But I guess that's bc they're originally humans so naturally you would side with them :0
Kokoro_KotashimaAug 31, 2017 9:39 AM
Nov 19, 2017 8:48 AM

Jun 2016
Ohmygod. I love Mumei. She's such a badass holy crap. She's like the Mikasa or Levi in this show. Hehe. So, Ikoma and Mumei became Kabaneri. Now the title makes sense. And Kabaneri is between human and Kabane. Damn. And it actually gives them strength.

Find it funny that Kaji-kyun's character is friends with someone like Eren which is his character and he's in the anime which kinda resembles SnK. Love it.

THAT ED. WAAAAH. I'M IN LOVE! AS EXPECTED FROM AIMEER AND FREAKING HIROYUKI SAWANO. GOD! <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Feb 18, 2018 10:46 PM

Feb 2010
Loving it. I heard many people say "it's pretty much attack on titan" which I love so I decided to watch it. Honestly so far..it's really similar haha. Like maybe a little too similar. But I doubt the entire thing will be. I mean it's not like an unheard of story so of course there are going to be similar series or even movies like aot.
But I'm excited to see where this goes.
I love mumei I can already tell she's going to be my favorite.
Also the kabane are terrifying XD they look so much like titans.
They can run pretty fast and it seems they can get angry so that's not good haha
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Jan 14, 2019 12:05 PM

Apr 2013
Those knights are so damn stupid, yeah right kill the one guy who actually manages to fight the enemy for you. But at least you feel no shame killing your savior, you blue-clothed moron.
May 4, 2019 9:47 PM

Sep 2013
Damn, I'm absolutely loving this show. I can't believe I put off watching it this long!

5/5

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 5, 2020 6:18 PM

Sep 2014
starting the new decade with badass loli action isnt bad
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 5, 2020 3:06 PM

Dec 2018
Seems Ikoma got some sort of superpower, but probably Mumei is still stronger than him, probably because Ikoma can't control or accustomed to his new power yet, heh typical.

I thought there would be only Ikoma x Ayame but there's a chance for Ikoma x Mumei or that blonde girl whom Ikoma saved from the falling steamy rain pipes.

I thought Ikoma has changed drastically in terms of personality after he suppressed the virus but, it seems that is not the case.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Apr 9, 2020 10:00 AM

May 2016
Got goosebumps the whole last part, get saved by the person you abandoned.
Apr 27, 2020 8:31 PM

Jul 2013
Second episode and again just a feast for the eyes. Takumis face expression when Ikoma told him he got bitten was priceless. After the first episode you could tell Mumei was strong but damn she excelled all expectations. She was even making fun on some of the zombies lol.

Her look also changed and she got interesting weapons. I understand why some people here said she's the Levi of Kabaneri. She knew that Ikoma wasn't human anymore when she smelled at him, but also no Kabane. Interesting that she had to rest after her fight which was also the time where we saw her marks for the first time.

Fuck Kurusu. What's wrong with that guy? Ikoma fighting against that zombie and saves everyone just to get shot by that idiotic samurai. At this point I wasn't sure about what will happen with Ikoma. That scene at the end gave me chills. Getting rescued by the man you abandoned. But best girl Mumei saved the say. So she also got bitten by a zombie. I wonder how she survived it.

Jun 6, 2020 4:55 AM
Oct 2017
Maybe I am alone, but as someone who has lived through an ethnic cleansing massacre, I am finding this show really hard to watch.

I hope these 'knights' get what they deserve
Jan 23, 2021 1:31 AM
Jan 2020
Ok this episode was interesting, the station has been completely compromised and now we have 2 kabeneri on board. Cool. The fights are awesome and bloody. Once again, the train has shown its immense presence.
Jul 6, 2021 6:52 AM

Aug 2020
Wow, a lot has happened from these two episodes—time to take a breather and get to know the cast and situation more in the next episode.

Loving the girl. Seems like shes the Levi of the show.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Oct 22, 2022 12:03 PM
Mar 2021
me no like. aot copy :(
Feb 22, 2023 5:46 PM

Feb 2012
woohoo action! and, ofc, no anime would be complete without panning action shots.
this show has a sort of 80's like look to it. from time to time i think.

huge fan of mumei. she looks like a dragon quest character.

also: attack on titan/tokyo ghoul fusion vibes are not going down. rip teen me you should've watched this.
Mar 30, 2023 8:41 AM
Jul 2022
Now that's what we call, a good second episode. For a "rip-off", it's holding my interest more so than the original it "copied".
May 23, 2023 4:15 AM

May 2020
Dude is that guy in blue robe fucking insufferable, that so-called knight? That man is so after the main dude like it was him who killed those many people and made them Kabane, like just open your eyes.

Knew the girl was similar to main dude, I mean no fucking way an average human moves like a beyblade and obliterates man eating mosters with such ease.. right? Leaving these things aside, OP and ED sure are something.
Nov 19, 2023 10:32 PM

Oct 2013
Ayo, Mumei is awesome. Her fighting skills are impressive.

So both her and Ikoma are neither humans nor kabaneri, but rather hybrids called kabaneri. Noice. Overcoming the disease comes with really cool boost of abilities. I hope they won't turn into a real kabane at some point, though.
AdnashNov 19, 2023 11:11 PM
Nov 30, 2023 10:12 AM

Dec 2022
Being a Kabaneri must be the equivalent of being a partially infected zombie or something. From the looks of it, they seem to get the enhanced strength and mobility of a Kabane, but retain their human mind. Ikoma got bit countless times when he was lowering the drawbridge, but it barely affected him, so they must heal quicker as well.

The entertainment value is through the roof so far, so I'm liking this.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 21, 2023 8:10 AM

Jun 2020
Why the fuck the samurai can say princess what to do? I understand she is young and not ready to be a leader but Just fucking listen her once
Mar 7, 10:56 AM
Aug 2023
Okay I got to admit, despite thinking the MC was pretty annoying last episode, he was pretty chad for saving the train despite them leaving him behind for dead. Although that fighting girl is getting kind of annoying, bordering on arrogance. It would have been pretty hilarious if after she revealed herself to be infected also to support the MC they turned on her also. LOL, I mean she's so sure they won't yet the anime makes them look so prejudice as if how they're acting isn't reasonable given the circumstances they're in. This anime needs to be a little bit more subtle and nuanced with some of these characters.
Apr 24, 1:58 AM
Dec 2022
show is so aot coded

op and ed are both good
Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

933 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 30, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

368 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 29, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

545 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 29, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jarjaxle - May 5, 2016

615 by wallus81 »»
Apr 29, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.