Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 14, 2016 11:19 AM

Oct 2014
Nouuuu King Cobra is a cool guy ;A; I don't want him to dieee T_T
All the shitty kings and he has to be ill?!
Also, Carrot is too adorable XD
HOLY SHIT please please please tell me Dragon and the others are okay
Fucking Blackbeard I hate him so much! He's one villain that I can hate from all my soul~ I mean Doffy was adorable <3
Apr 14, 2016 11:25 AM

Jan 2008
Now there's hoping these punks at Ganbarion and Omega Force remember there was this awesome female that had her unique move set showed in the actual story and add Vivi in a new installment of their Pirate Warriors or Unlimited games as a playable character. Seriously, guys. SERIOUSLY. I'm still butthurt for adding YET ANOTHER SWORD USER in a form of one of more boorish characters of One Piece that is Tashigi in Pirate Warriors 3.
Apr 14, 2016 11:48 AM

Jun 2012
Damn, I'm happy to see that Carrot really did come aboard as a stow-away. Was hoping she'd tag along, she rightfully seems like she'd make great company.

Also I hadn't considered that the reverie is in Mariejois. If they're gonna make a straight-shot journey for the World Government's capital, then they're not that far from the Straw Hats. Now I'm definitely certain that Vivi's planning to re-unite with them... and if nothing else there's no way things aren't going to go south with Cobra asking questions about the World Government's tightly-knit secrets.

Kinda hoping Shirahoshi goes so she can talk to Vivi about her experiences with the Straw Hats.

Also this looks a lot like Jewelry Bonney here:
If she shows up at the Reverie, I can see her getting involved with Vivi, and helping her escape into the New World.

Stark700 said:
Huh, even the Goa Kingdom has a new ruler now. I wasn't expecting that.
Hmm, I don't think we ever actually saw their actual rulers before. Sabo's parents were about the only nobles of note that we saw back then. The only other one was a random guy telling his daughter how the people of Gray Terminal were trash. Neither of those 2 families were the rulers though.

Granted these 2 do look pretty young, so they're probably this generation's rulers. What I find more interesting is that they're actually attractive for nobles. Scratch that, I knew the name Stelly sounded familiar, but I just realized Sabo's adoptive brother ended up becoming king somehow... that is pretty wild lol.

SupersonicSurge said:
Right? I don't understand why every time something major happens everyone immediately jumps to conclusions that it's not going to be explained, or things like you just mentioned that characters or events are wasting valuable space for plot.

Oda has always been known for the amount of detail he puts into things... he's going to explain every damned thing in due time. I don't recall a single arc where all unanswered questions weren't eventually explained... or at the very least put off in a way that suggests things will be explained later; like the events with Kuma, or the secrets of the Devil Fruits, or Fishman Island.
HalibelTheEspadaApr 14, 2016 11:52 AM
Apr 14, 2016 12:06 PM
Nov 2015
Demn
That Reverie is kinda exciting
There a lot of thing that we might be know

That ending
that was literally ''shaken from its core"
Will teach clash with dragon?
Apr 14, 2016 12:10 PM

Dec 2014
Another exceptional chapter.
Great to see all these old faces again especially Vivi. Loved how she rejected the thought of getting married.
Sabo's brother is a king now, Unexpected :o

The Reverie is gonna be intense with all these rules converging in one location. Something big is bound to happen.

Carrot just flew at Luffy XD

Baltigo got trashed, I seriously did not expect that. I honestly don't see it possible for BB pirates to take down the entire Revolutionary army.
I suppose the Revolutionary Army just abandoned the base during the conflict. I seriously hope we get a flashback on this and the Revenge war.
Lelouch0202Apr 14, 2016 12:52 PM
Apr 14, 2016 12:26 PM

Feb 2011
I kinda really want Carrot as a new crew member for the Straw Hats. She is exactly what I wanted for a new crew member. Female, hyperactive and energetic, cute, strong and she seriously fits in with them right away. I know, just wishful thinking, but by god I'd love that.

I'm very interested in the upcoming reverie. Looks there's some unfamiliar faces popping up there.
Apr 14, 2016 12:43 PM

Dec 2014
Woah! Damn, that was a beast chapter! Got to see all the old characters, Vivi still as amazing as ever! Love her <3 Carrot was so awesome this chapter lol and funny too. I really can't wait to see this new arc. And good to see Rebecca happy.... She wasn't crying, good lol
That final page though..... Damn, Made a 4/5 chapter a 5/5! Lots of information! I mean, nothing much but that's still good shit! Can't wait to know who lost or what even happened there? But whatever the case may be.... Don:t you dare pull another Ace Oda! ;-; Sabo is safe right? Tell me he is! ;-;
Thinking.....
Apr 14, 2016 12:49 PM

Jun 2012
morshuwarrior said:
I kinda really want Carrot as a new crew member for the Straw Hats. She is exactly what I wanted for a new crew member. Female, hyperactive and energetic, cute, strong and she seriously fits in with them right away. I know, just wishful thinking, but by god I'd love that.
I'm kinda right there with you on that. If there's anyone that should from this arc, it's definitely her... and you know right now with Luffy and Carrot both there, the whole plan's gonna get ruined pretty quick. It's pretty great how she just gave even Luffy a run for his money like that too, lol.

Lelouch0202 said:

Great to see all these old faces again especially Vivi. Loved how she rejected the thought of getting married.

Baltigo got trashed, I seriously did not expect that. I honestly don't see it possible for BB pirates to take down the entire Revolutionary army.
I suppose the Revolutionary Army just abandoned the base during the conflict. I seriously hope we get a flashback on this and the Revenge war.
In regards to Vivi, I hate to ship people in One Piece, but it honestly makes me wonder if she has someone in mind. :P

Also think it's cool that she's apparently gotten at least a little stronger to just jump down from the crow's nest like that.

As far as the Revolutionaries vs Blackbeard Pirates goes, who knows... it almost looks like Sabo and Dragon have blood running down their faces in that article. And I'm not sure who that is below them... almost looks like Kuma, but it seems more likely that it's Ivankov.

Also for it to have gone public, something more must've happened besides the Blackbeard pirates simply attacking them head-on. They might've leaked their location to the Marines or something.
Apr 14, 2016 1:21 PM

Sep 2013
Carrot a cute <3
Reverie being set up.

Blackbeard sure is strong as hell to devastate Dragon :(
Why hasn't he taken out big mom already if he's that powerful?
Apr 14, 2016 1:29 PM

Jul 2015
HalibelTheEspada said:

tbh that doesnt look like her at all. and wouldnt make any sense. so no not her, sorry
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Apr 14, 2016 1:50 PM

Nov 2013
Isterio said:
ziggy_Z said:
Called it on Carrot being with them.

There he is, the canonicaly strongest character in the series has returned!!!

Hail to our Lord the Nuketanker, as he is the one who shall safe us all.

My thought exactly =)
Apr 14, 2016 1:55 PM

Sep 2014
I'm surprised that luffy ate a carrot. always thought he hated vegetables.

Now, we get a bunch of people saying carrot is a possible crewmate just like all the previous female characters in previous arcs.

I doubt dragon got defeated. Probably had to abandon their hq.
Apr 14, 2016 2:14 PM

Jul 2012
uzee said:
Carrot didn't really stand out as a character in the previous arc so I don't understand how people would have predicted her joining the adventure or even considering her as a future crew member :?

The next nakama will probably be female because there's only two in the crew so far. I don't think she stands out either - yet. Maybe this will be developed later.

But at the least Chopper would have somebody to play with.
Apr 14, 2016 3:49 PM

Oct 2010
uzee said:
Carrot didn't really stand out as a character in the previous arc so I don't understand how people would have predicted her joining the adventure or even considering her as a future crew member :?

The main reason was this:
http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/815/10
Along with this:
http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/821/4

Carrot only had a few scenes in Zou but through these she already foreshadowed the scenario by showing an interest on joining the adventure; which is not something very frequent, specially lately when everybody seems to be too concerned about their own local situation and they don't have the carefree spirit that is required. And this chapter just confirmed the trend. There are not that many characters who have specifically shown a thirst of adventure of some sort, and it would have been absurd of Oda to not pay attention to this.
Apr 14, 2016 4:14 PM

Sep 2015
yassss one piece is back to the game baby it's been a while since a one piece chapter hyped me that much let's gooo to an adventuuure once again
Apr 14, 2016 4:15 PM

Jul 2015
WHAT!?

A reverie is coming & Baltigo is in ruins, what happened? /cries/
The question is who was the beast that made that.

Besides, I don't know what happened with Stelly, but the coconut head person with Goa's queen is familiar to me, um.

Apr 14, 2016 4:54 PM

Sep 2012
ziggy_Z said:
Carrot won't join because she's too strong. She neg-diff'd both Zolo & Luffy. Clearly Admiral level.

Um...I doubt Luffy considered her a real threat. It's the same thing as the way he lets Nami and his friends hit him and he seems to get hurt.

If that's not enough the two leaders of Zou (most likely the strongest on the island) only managed a stalemate fighting in shifts against Jack ( A subordinate of Kaido). There's no way the bunny stowaway is any stronger than the two leaders of Zou who sailed with Shanks and Gol D Roger. Granted, buggy is an exception to this rule: he's weak and a joke but he has had relations with powerful people.
Apr 14, 2016 5:00 PM
Mar 2016
Akainu vs aokiji,payback war,and now dragon vs blackbeard if luffy didnt involve oda tend to skip it
Apr 14, 2016 5:37 PM

Jun 2007
"How was Baltigo destroyed?"

I dunno, maybe some kind of devil fruit associated natural disaster. Like, perhaps...an earthquake?
Apr 14, 2016 6:03 PM
Oct 2013
It's nice to see al the setup for the reverie and that a lot of characters we've met along the way will be there. I actually completely forgot about Stelly until I looked up the Goa kingdom. Same as always it seems.

Carrot... never change.

So I wonder what actually happened at Baltigo? I imagine we'll get some insight at some point.
Apr 14, 2016 10:46 PM

Mar 2012
That confirms Carrot as next nakama! :D

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Apr 14, 2016 11:50 PM

Jun 2012
Galaxy__ said:
HalibelTheEspada said:

tbh that doesnt look like her at all. and wouldnt make any sense. so no not her, sorry
I mean... I won't deny that there are some major differences, such as the lack of a (visible) piercing and the lipstick covering her entire lips... but there are also similarities such as the nose, eyes, and pretty much all facial features.

As far as it making sense, if you know anything about the previous events involving her... then it's not really that farfetched. When Blackbeard had her captured and Akainu showed up to take her, he suggested that she was a pretty important person to the Marines/Government. As a pirate, to not be executed in itself says something... but I've a feeling that her abilities are likely keeping the Gorosei from aging. Assuming that's true, and being that the Gorosei live in Mariejois, it would then make sense for her to be allowed in Mariejois, or at least not cause too much suspicion.

And since the time-skip she's been shown sneaking around with a hooded cloak on before... different sure, but she could be in a warmer place now, such as Mariejois.

Not saying it's even probable, just saying I definitely wouldn't be surprised. I mean, if you want to completely dismiss the possibility that's fine, but I'm just making a light guess here anyway.

Of course I see that it's not a mirror image of her past appearances, but she could always change her appearance a little to disguise herself... if anything it looks much more like Hina... but even then since Hina's going to be there too and those glasses are exactly like hers, and they both have similar hair colors that could also be part of the disguise.

I don't have any explanation as to why she would even want to be at the Reverie however. So again, I don't think it's a high chance... but I still believe it's possible.
HalibelTheEspadaApr 14, 2016 11:58 PM
Apr 15, 2016 12:04 AM

Jun 2011
Damn, Carrot and Vivi the baes. <3

ziggy_Z said:
There he is, the canonicaly strongest character in the series has returned!!!
Brah, Kaido is still stronger until I see that brother fell from 10,000 m above the ground, and come out scratch-less.

Isterio said:
SilverBlossom said:
Doubt carrot will join strawhats- she doesn't seem to have the tragic backstory, and I've also heard that the next strawhat will be a past enemy
The whole thing with the villain being the next Nakama is just a rumor. Tthere were rumors out there about Naruto getting the Sharingan "confirmed rumors".
Now I seriously have no idea which statement is true, and which is just rumour. What about one of those next nakama being a female? Is that also just a rumour?

Jarjaxle said:
......So this are the True Pieces of the Shit of the Goa Kingdom...King and Queen....Wait...Stelly.... IS THAT SABO'S STEP BROTHER!?!?!
Isn't that his biological brother?
Edit: Lmao I am watching reviews from multiple reviewers and everyone is saying he's not Sabo's biological brother.. My bad. I don't remember anything about it though..

Galaxy__ said:
1. why would you assume the revolutionary army got defeated ? because the place got destroyed ? that would happen either way when a fight like that happens and has nothing to do with the outcome of the battle(?)
2. and why do you think the fight was "easily" won ?
Pretty sure if Dragon and co. were defeated and captured, we would have a bigger news than just what we got. The title of the news would be entirely different in scale.

uzee said:
The coloured page of the previous chapter. A lot of people predicted it being the Sanji rescue crew.

HalibelTheEspada said:
Galaxy__ said:
I don't think it's her as well, could be a relative though it wouldn't really make much sense. It's true that she's shrouded in mystery, and she has to be tied in somewhere in all this.
ToG25thBaamApr 15, 2016 2:26 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 15, 2016 12:08 AM

Jun 2012
jordan_d_dragon said:
Akainu vs aokiji,payback war,and now dragon vs blackbeard if luffy didnt involve oda tend to skip it
Ace vs Blackbeard? Kuma vs Moria? Ace and Whitebeard's little scuffle? There have been plenty of duels and meetings that have been shown. Of course not everything that happens not involving the main characters will be shown, but Akainu vs Aokiji wasn't shown only because it happened over the time-skip. A lot of things weren't shown in those 2 years, but that's the whole point in a time-skip.

The payback war and the battle on Baltigo will be shown, or at the least explained in detail... it's simply that they were just mentioned in the last few chapters. If the payback war wasn't going to be explained more, then it wouldn't be mentioned right before searching for Marco. And the fight on Baltigo is definitely going to be revealed because the Revolutionaries are incredibly important to the plot... and also very much involve Luffy.

ToG25thBaam said:
I don't think it's her as well, could be a relative though it wouldn't really make much sense. It's true that she's shrouded in mystery, and she has to be tied in somewhere in all this.
Well, I honestly don't think it is either right now... I'm just jumping at possibilities here. It's more than likely it's just some noble who hasn't been introduced yet... especially considering the timing and other portraits next to hers.

I just think that when Bonney meets the Straw Hats again it'll be related to Mariejois. Really just trying to catch any minor details in this big pot of information.
HalibelTheEspadaApr 15, 2016 12:17 AM
Apr 15, 2016 1:09 AM

Sep 2014
She did sneak aboard after all haha. Carrot is so adorbs <3
Vivi trolling her father hehe.
Nice seeing Shirahoshi again too
Reverie should be good.
So Blackbeard messed with Dragon huh..
Apr 15, 2016 2:28 AM
Oct 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
Damn, Carrot and Vivi the baes. <3

Isterio said:
The whole thing with the villain being the next Nakama is just a rumor. Tthere were rumors out there about Naruto getting the Sharingan "confirmed rumors".
Now I seriously have no idea which statement is true, and which is just rumour. What about one of those next nakama being a female? Is that also just a rumour?

The Next Nakama being a female wasn´t even a rumor it was wishful thinking. Many fans demand a female because the Strawhats are such a sasauge party. It´s just fans wishing, if there are rumors they are faked.

Ok now to the next Nakama rumor. I initially thought that it was written down in some SBS I´ve missed or forgotten about. However turns out it was during Jump Festa. The problem with any info leaking Jump Festa however is that it is spread through sites like 2chan. The japanese equivalent of fanfiction. net.
Another issue with this is that many people use google translate, which is a terrible translation tool. A quick example how easily translations can be fucked up.

すき = suki= like/love すごい=sugoi= awesome/aweful

Besides the issue that a single character changes the word into a completely different one, the japanese have 3 writing systems Katakana, Hiragana and Kanji to further complicate it. Another issue is that words, similar to latin, change their definitions depending on the context they´ve been used in.

The easiest example would be Sensei, the word Sensei has no clear translation into English because depending on context it can mean master, teacher, doctor, lawyer or even be used for a person that has a higher standing in society.
Oda sensei is a term that gets constantly thrown around.As you can see, Sensei has no actual translation and fullfills a similar purpose to a honorific but cannot be put into the same category either, because it has clearly defined meanings.

Back to the rumor. Aside from translation errors that are likely to happen especially when amateurs work with it. The rumor was from a Jump Festa in 2009 and hasn´t been refreshed since then. Meaning it probably was just some attentiowhore that spread it and some people kept spreading it without questioning the source.

I hope that explains it.
IsterioApr 15, 2016 1:02 PM
Apr 15, 2016 3:01 AM

Aug 2012
With Hunter x Hunter back & One Piece on such a roll, this is a pretty damn good time to be reading some Shonen Jump (granted, I'm just reading these two but still). I don't really have much to add to the conversation but that Vinsmoke catch with the Mustache/time guy is pretty interesting so I'm glad I came in here to get more hype. The only issue I had with this chapter was the involuntary wince I go through every-time I see Pell still alive, regardless seeing Vivi, Koza & Cobra again more than make up for it.

Definitely looking forward to the next chapter, pretty interested in what happened at Baltigo, there's like no way that it's the end of the Revolutionary Army though.
Apr 15, 2016 3:07 AM

Jun 2013
MMohananeethan said:
Galaxy__ said:

1. why would you assume the revolutionary army got defeated ? because the place got destroyed ? that would happen either way when a fight like that happens and has nothing to do with the outcome of the battle(?)
2. and why do you think the fight was "easily" won ?

Yep I don't see them loosing this fight I mean common most wanted man getting defeated that easily?
and I think They might have left the base and ran away.
the base probably was destroyed because it's a battle between two huge forces.

Tactical Retreat as I said People, along with destroying any information left in Base and wiping out invading Army...= Comeback Victory!!
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 15, 2016 4:35 AM

Oct 2015
Drake1000 said:
>Dragon vs Blackbeard is already over and Dragon got rekt seemingly
Thanks Oda, way to off-screen the hypest character's fight and his potential loss.

Flashback for the win!
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Apr 15, 2016 6:54 AM
Apr 2016
Jack where are you!?! I still hold out hope!!
Check out my Anime, Manga, and Video Game Articles on my blog site: http://www.dzparks.com/

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/dzparks

Apr 15, 2016 8:12 AM

Nov 2015
Carrot is such a cutie I hope she joins the crew!

Also I hope what happened with Ace doesn't happen with Sabo ..

Apr 15, 2016 9:48 AM

Oct 2011
jal90 said:
uzee said:

The main reason was this:
http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/815/10
Along with this:
http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/821/4

Carrot only had a few scenes in Zou but through these she already foreshadowed the scenario by showing an interest on joining the adventure; which is not something very frequent, specially lately when everybody seems to be too concerned about their own local situation and they don't have the carefree spirit that is required. And this chapter just confirmed the trend. There are not that many characters who have specifically shown a thirst of adventure of some sort, and it would have been absurd of Oda to not pay attention to this.

Wow, I can't believe I missed the fact that she's on the colored page - I even downloaded the page and I still didn't notice :D

Apr 15, 2016 9:53 AM

Oct 2015
Rin said:

Looks like everyone who guessed that she was either in the bag or the thousand sunny were correct.

Such a cutie, Carrot for next nakama please!

This chapter was a blast. Looks like everyone's predictions came true. Lol Carrot almost taking Luffy out.

Really interested in what happened between Dragon and Black Beard.
Looks like this will be one very big arc.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Apr 15, 2016 10:03 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
That must be part of the Revolutionary Army's plan, right?

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Apr 15, 2016 11:27 AM
Jan 2014
I wonder that so many people here are complaining about the fights Akainu vs Aokiji and BB vs Revos being off-screen. When we read about the first mentioned fight from Jimbei and later seen the consequences of it on Punk Hazard, it still wasn't clear how the environment could change this much.

Later at Luffy's fight with Doffy (Ch 785) you can see how even the sorroundings turn to threads and Doffy talking about the "awakening" of a DF user. So this is most likely another level of power up that Luffy will eventually reach. Also it's most likely the explanation for the state of Punk Hazard.

So, yes it would be a pleasure to see one of this fights, but maybe that's why Oda is not drawing them. Too soon to reveal some powers. On the other side, although the Marineford Arc was nice, I don't want another Shonen with too much focus on fights.
Apr 15, 2016 12:14 PM
Mar 2014
morshuwarrior said:

I'm very interested in the upcoming reverie. Looks there's some unfamiliar faces popping up there.

I agree about Carrot. I really like her character & would like to see her as the 10th Strawhat because she would fit right in with the crew. Also, it would give the crew something they are currently missing with a physically strong,(appears to be stronger than Nami & Robin in terms of base physical strength), plus her weapon that has lightning properties.

She would be a nice fill gap in power position of the crew from the Monster Trio,(along with Jinbe), to the other crew members. I look forward to learning more about her character in future chapters.
Apr 15, 2016 3:02 PM
Jul 2010
One Piece is getting more and more like Game of Thrones with all the intertwining stories without the 'killings'. And thats good. Kudos to Oda.
Apr 15, 2016 3:07 PM
Oct 2013
blazingichigo said:
One Piece is getting more and more like Game of Thrones with all the intertwining stories without the 'killings'. And thats good. Kudos to Oda.

Oh gtfo, we are still with the Strawhats they are the center of the universe in this manga.

It´s not like we will see a whole arc what Shanks and boys are doing or what Kaido is up too, dumb comparisions remain dumb. One Piece writing is good at what it does, it makes you care about the characters and if Luffy was to die I´d be 10 times more sad than whatever Game of thrones can throw at me, however you compare apples with oranges here.

Game of Thrones has no villains, One Piece clearly has case closed.

Since that dumb "Throne wars" comment people started making retarded comparisions. Yes One Piece is a story that´s been told apples and oranges are fruit, yet they don´t belong within the same genetic group.
IsterioApr 15, 2016 3:12 PM
Apr 15, 2016 3:45 PM

May 2015
Isterio said:

Oh gtfo, we are still with the Strawhats they are the center of the universe in this manga.

It´s not like we will see a whole arc what Shanks and boys are doing or what Kaido is up too, dumb comparisions remain dumb. One Piece writing is good at what it does, it makes you care about the characters and if Luffy was to die I´d be 10 times more sad than whatever Game of thrones can throw at me, however you compare apples with oranges here.

I do agree that they are the center of the universe, as they have been since the start and should be(with the exception of Ace's 67 chapter storyline--to be specific!), but since Punk Hazard they have been showing other characters. The supernovas in the punk hazard arc, Kaido and the supernovas at the end of the Dressrosa arc, Blackbeard at the end of the Dressrosa.

Before the timeline, that's hasn't exactly been entirely unprecedented though, but it was mostly through the cover stories. Yet still, the vast majority of time is spent with the Straw-Hats, as it should be.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Apr 15, 2016 4:03 PM
Oct 2013
ashfrliebert said:

I do agree that they are the center of the universe, as they have been since the start and should be(with the exception of Ace's 67 chapter storyline--to be specific!), but since Punk Hazard they have been showing other characters. The supernovas in the punk hazard arc, Kaido and the supernovas at the end of the Dressrosa arc, Blackbeard at the end of the Dressrosa.

Before the timeline, that's hasn't exactly been entirely unprecedented though, but it was mostly through the cover stories. Yet still, the vast majority of time is spent with the Straw-Hats, as it should be.

Even Ace´s 67 chapter storyline had Luffy in the center of attenton for every single one of those chapters. Luffy is a Strawhat and he´s the protagonist of the story. The absolute main character, the magnus opus if you will. Point being that there are 0 similarities to Game of thrones besides the fact that both are stories that are being told. Even if we get a single chapter focused on a different character there won´t be a whole arc dedicated specifically to a foreign character that we´ll see unfolding from his/her pov.

It´s like comparing Spiderman with Lord of the Rings, both are stories aren´t they? It´s a dumb comparision. If I could I would bet all my money on the assumotion that it sprouted from Doflamingos retarded "Throneswars" comment.

Hey it´s like Game of thrones because they fight for a throne. Congratz you´ve just graduated from elemantary school.
IsterioApr 15, 2016 4:10 PM
Apr 15, 2016 9:36 PM

Jun 2008
Galaxy__ said:
Isterio said:
Carrot was basicly confirmed with this chapter 90%.

wtf ? 90%? thats just wrong and stupid. there is a tiny tiny chance now at max.

Actually i think he may be right this time. Oda did some weird things he never did with all the other possible characters.
The hole scene with her jumping Luffy over the carrot and show us she has power and then comment on how she ain't your average mink was like Oda telling us "Hey guys, the chick is strong enough to join the strawhats"

If you think about it the whole chapter was about her interactions with the crew and how she gets along with them, what quirks she has and the fact that she is capable of fighting.

If you add to that that she is a Mink and therefore different and how Oda likes making the strawhats diverse as hell since you can see from his writing his really anti-racist, then she fits right in there. And he really needed a female character but not a human one to satisfy his diverse thing since Robin and Nami are humans.

I really felt while reading that this was an introduction chapter of the next strawhat member.
Apr 15, 2016 10:08 PM

Dec 2015
Am i the only one still waiting to see the whale joining the crew?
Apr 16, 2016 7:12 AM

Oct 2007
Arcofdream said:
Why the fuck does Carrot wear such a short skirt?

If she joins the crew, may Oda give her some pants please.

Why, afraid you're going to see some fur? :D

Carrot makes sense as a crewmember, her dream is to go out to sea for adventure which is totally in line with the Mugiwaras. Even Pedro talks about her being "certainly stronger than average" which for a Mink is saying something. Although she's kinda clueless about it, which is sort of a monster Chopper dynamic. With Nami and Robin not really your close-range pit-fighters the crew could probably stand having a monster chick above that level. How many times can we spin Nami coming up with a creative way to defeat a stronger enemy.

Guarantee most everyone will stand up and "**** YEAH!" the first time Carrot one-punches and fries some mutt trying to mess with the crew.

That's no ordinary rabbit.
Apr 16, 2016 7:32 AM
Oct 2013
Monad said:

Actually i think he may be right this time. Oda did some weird things he never did with all the other possible characters.
The hole scene with her jumping Luffy over the carrot and show us she has power and then comment on how she ain't your average mink was like Oda telling us "Hey guys, the chick is strong enough to join the strawhats"

If you think about it the whole chapter was about her interactions with the crew and how she gets along with them, what quirks she has and the fact that she is capable of fighting.

If you add to that that she is a Mink and therefore different and how Oda likes making the strawhats diverse as hell since you can see from his writing his really anti-racist, then she fits right in there. And he really needed a female character but not a human one to satisfy his diverse thing since Robin and Nami are humans.

I really felt while reading that this was an introduction chapter of the next strawhat member.

Well I called out Viola before because of her backstory and the fitting occupation. I also dismissed everyone else and said if she´s not it no one joins and so it came.

But Carrot is like blatantly in your face by now. Fun fact, the dudes always had their sad backstories told before joining and the girls always after joining. Not sure if coincidence because they also both left the crew temporary, but if she joins I wouldn´t be surprised if we get told some sobstory she has to deal with and leaves temporary. I don´t matter tbh, yet she makes a good orphan.
Apr 16, 2016 10:10 AM

May 2015
Monad said:

It's not really unprecedented for him to somehow indicate a character isn't weak. Like, what, every other character that's strong? Bartolomeo and Cavendish? They are 1. strong and 2. living gags, Bartolomeo gag is about the straw-hats even. Cavendish too actually, at first. Any completely new ally can join the crew, doesn't really mean there's any hint or indication. Every character(or like, 98%) has a personality. She could even be a future recurring character, but it's clearly too soon to tell even that.

If you add to that that she is a Mink and therefore different and how Oda likes making the strawhats diverse as hell

how many non-human allies have not joined the straw-hats though.

since you can see from his writing he's really anti-racist,

I would hope so

Quirk no quirk, there's three other named important Mink characters on the ship. So.
Apr 17, 2016 8:43 AM

May 2014
ziggy_Z said:

Sanji's name (三時 san-ji?) can mean "three o'clock" or "three o'clock snack". Curiously, Sanji is the third son of the Vinsmoke Family.

And the mustache has the same curl as Sanji's eyebrow.

I'm down with that. Makes sense seeing as Reverie & Sanji retrieval is happening together.

Damn, I feel like I sped through the chapter.
Apr 17, 2016 9:14 AM
Oct 2013
ashfrliebert said:

It's not really unprecedented for him to somehow indicate a character isn't weak. Like, what, every other character that's strong? Bartolomeo and Cavendish? They are 1. strong and 2. living gags, Bartolomeo gag is about the straw-hats even. Cavendish too actually, at first. Any completely new ally can join the crew, doesn't really mean there's any hint or indication. Every character(or like, 98%) has a personality. She could even be a future recurring character, but it's clearly too soon to tell even that.

1. Bartolomeo would be obnoxious on the Strawhats ship and Oda knows this, he alienates himself too much to be an equal among them.If one theme of the Strawhats was kept exeptionless coherent it was their equality.
2. He also has his own crew he has to take care for, why make him an unlikeable piece of shit for the sake of joining (obligation is the keyword).This also always applied to Law, and other bullshit suggestions.

1.Cavendish was an antagonist that hurt innocents. Cavendish is plain too evil to join them, he´s more on the level of Kid in terms of characterization, the same appleis to Bellamy.

If you add to that that she is a Mink and therefore different and how Oda likes making the strawhats diverse as hell

how many non-human allies have not joined the straw-hats though.

You have a point with this one, however technically Jinbe is on his way and they´ve been always open towards other cultures and races. Brook is a walking Skeleton for crying out loud.

since you can see from his writing he's really anti-racist,

I would hope so

Maybe, maybe not, his writing suggests that he´s against oppression in fiction, we don´t know much about his political ideals.

Quirk no quirk, there's three other named important Mink characters on the ship. So.

There are two other Mink, one of them is an underling from a villain they openly declared war against and the other has a clearcut obligation towards his Master, conscientiousness being the sole reason he even joined their ship temporary.
Apr 19, 2016 8:19 AM

May 2015
Isterio said:

1. Bartolomeo would be obnoxious on the Strawhats ship and Oda knows this, he alienates himself too much to be an equal among them.If one theme of the Strawhats was kept exeptionless coherent it was their equality.

2. He also has his own crew he has to take care for, why make him an unlikeable piece of shit for the sake of joining (obligation is the keyword).This also always applied to Law, and other bullshit suggestions.

You have a point with this one, however technically Jinbe is on his way and they´ve been always open towards other cultures and races. Brook is a walking Skeleton for crying out loud.

Better example, tonta tribe. They, 1. don't particularly have a crew and 2. worship's Usopp, doesn't particularly have any reason to join or *not join*, side characters, different race. Carrot and every other of the newly introduced character are side characters who are allies. The main argument is that not every other ally who didn't have a crew, had a gag or were diverse in race joined the crew-as said before it.

The argument isn't that Carrot *doesn't fit* , it's that it's too soon to say anything, there's no real indication.

Every single mink--even the ones not on the ship are in the same category as somewhat relevant side characters that are of a different species, Carrot has an obligation too. Everyone's in the exact same boat.
Apr 19, 2016 9:17 AM
Oct 2013
ashfrliebert said:

Better example, tonta tribe. They, 1. don't particularly have a crew and 2. worship's Usopp, doesn't particularly have any reason to join or *not join*, side characters, different race. Carrot and every other of the newly introduced character are side characters who are allies. The main argument is that not every other ally who didn't have a crew, had a gag or were diverse in race joined the crew-as said before it.

The argument isn't that Carrot *doesn't fit* , it's that it's too soon to say anything, there's no real indication.

Every single mink--even the ones not on the ship are in the same category as somewhat relevant side characters that are of a different species, Carrot has an obligation too. Everyone's in the exact same boat.

There´s a reason the Tontatta or even a single Tontatta is unacceptable. I´ve already poitned that out last chapter discussion. All of them have the same personality. There is no exception, their whole quirk is racial based. All of them are naive, all of them are retards and all of them are kind hearted somewhat blissful creatures.

Carrot is an individual as all the named minks are.
You are right that her main argument is not "doesn´t fit". Actually she does fit much more than the other individuals we´ve seen this far since the timeskip.

The closest one before were Viola, before we learned that she was queen (obligation) and Hajruidin, who was handicaped by being a giant and not fitting on the Sunny.

http://mangastream.com/blog/23
I would recomment anyone who suggests random people to read this post as it perfectly sums up what actually is required and why people have to quit making random horseshit Nakama calls whenever a character is introduced claiming how Oda is unpredictable and therefore he could possibly pull something out his ass.

No he´s not Shyamalan that throws something at you and yells "WHAT A TWIST". Credit where credit is due. Oda is predictable, he follows formulas and he sets things up usually.
The last chapter delivered something no other side character up till now had.
I wasn´t gonna call carrot out, but this chapter was like a letter of recomendation from Oda. I won´t explain the why´s and hows again.
Apr 19, 2016 3:05 PM

Apr 2014
Suprised that the next nakama discussion is still ongoing tho since it looks like to me that Carrot is nothing more than that one supporting charactrr that SH always had in every arc, I would be surprised if she actually join the straw hats since she clearly lacking the potential as a part of the main cast.

People tend to get too fixated to stuff like the quirks, backstory, role and stuff but clearly forgetting about the most important part of a new member is to make the story interesting, I can't see the addition of Carrot would actually makes the crew more interesting, if anything it would disrupt the flow of chemistry in the crew that is really balanced right now. At this point, having Caesar in the crew would be far more interesting because he is some genocidal maniac criminal and now he had to obey Luffy and start helping people with his power if he join the SH.
tr1ckst3rApr 19, 2016 3:44 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

34 by jas-samaaa »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.