Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2016 7:00 PM

Nov 2014
rsc-pl said:
WUT? I actually liked it, which is rather unusual fot this type shows.
AKO!!!

And for the future: I really don't want tsun tsun route ... but it will be a harem ending... probably.

actually the female MC is Yandere, so there is slight hope of harem
Apr 7, 2016 7:13 PM

Jan 2011
well expected this to be really average came out better than i thought and enjoying the amount of silliness hopefully it keeps up the references two i noticed was the yamcha's dead pose when he died in the start and the "Brazer" chroma keyboard.

everyone who does online gaming always needs to know the "every character most likely is a dude" so you don't end up like this poor fella lol
Apr 7, 2016 7:17 PM
Jan 2013
Wasn't the MC VA same from Noucome ? His scream really gay.
Fun episode
So many angry voices "Muh this story so unreal" Seriously ? You are watching a cartoon.
4/5
Apr 7, 2016 7:38 PM

Nov 2014
Second best 1st episode of all the shows ive watch for spring 2016, insta 5/5

cant wait for the song to come out for it to be put in my ipod...

the story is really relatable

Normies just die
Apr 7, 2016 7:45 PM

Jun 2013
Very cute and very funny! Definitely looking forward to more episodes :)
Apr 7, 2016 7:46 PM

Jan 2013
Great start xD
That moment when your in-game team is made up by 3 girls that are from your school :D
I love these MMO animes, i really hope there will be always a good one per season, so i can always watch them ;)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 7, 2016 8:21 PM

Mar 2013
So a harem huh... lol. Is funny how Ako looks exactly the same inside and outside the game. I'm not totally sold yet but it was rather hilarious sometimes. I liked how the girls have male characters in the game, though that's fairly typical nowadays. The scene with the confession and the girl being a old man in real life cracked me up lol.
Apr 7, 2016 8:28 PM
Dec 2015
I already read manga of this series. I love this series especially Ako.
Apr 7, 2016 8:34 PM
Oct 2015
ya know, i kinda liked this. i dont usually touch ln trapped in a game genre with a ten foot pole but digibro mentioned it so i wanted to watch. i thought ako was cute and the show was overall pleasant. could be the rum chata and fireball talking tho idk.
Apr 7, 2016 8:44 PM
Apr 2011
AKO BEST GIRL OF THE SEASON
Apr 7, 2016 9:18 PM

May 2015
This was better than I was expecting. I really like the comedy. And I'm so much happier with this protagonist's personality as supposed to the other mcs this season.
I love how much this anime shows us logic online. That of course people you befriend online will be girls from your school. Hahaha...
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Apr 7, 2016 9:24 PM

Dec 2009
Funny first episode. Like how Hideki's group is filled with people from his own school, and how the two people playing boy characters on his team were actually girls. The master is my favorite character so far.

Also I finally made it to my 1000th post after 6 years :D took long enough
Apr 7, 2016 9:27 PM

Jan 2014
Makes me want to play more MMOs.

Let's be realistic though. Most online friends end up being all the way across the world (or in Narnia somewhere) and not in the same class as you.
Apr 7, 2016 9:31 PM
Aug 2014
it could've been a good romance, then the author had to make it harem. that Yamcha death pose though.
Apr 7, 2016 9:34 PM

Dec 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if by any chance Ako becomes a fucking yandere. lel
Nice start, btw.
Apr 7, 2016 10:00 PM

Jul 2014
Smells like harem.

Ako is so cute it is annoying >_>

Also boobs, too many boobs...
Apr 7, 2016 10:06 PM

Aug 2013
Better than expected, had some laughs with this. Will keep watching.

Loved the kill normal faggs mode.
Apr 7, 2016 11:01 PM

Feb 2013
This was very cute, and surprisingly better than I had expected.

Ako.....so cute.
Apr 7, 2016 11:14 PM
Mar 2016
Cirris said:
Holy Crap! the ED gave me flashbacks to Oreimo first season, Claris "Irony". it's like a copycat song where they changed the notes, but it's carbon copy of Irony's arrangement.

Maybe the composer is either inspired by livetune's works or at least used the same instruments as livetune's compositions. I don't think it is just a copycat of "Irony".
Apr 7, 2016 11:27 PM

Dec 2013
SELL OUT BOYS

also holy fuck some people in this thread need to just relax and enjoy the show and not complain about "errrhhhmagerrd characters dont act lifelike" fucking weab as shit lmfao go back to SAO
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) fine booty
Apr 7, 2016 11:43 PM
Feb 2015
Doesn't really look like a harem I'll take a guess Both Ako and Akane will have feelings for Rusian but I doubt anymore girls will join the club xD Anways I didn't expect myself to love the anime from the start, I'm really excited to see more of this and Ako is best girl of the show <3
Apr 7, 2016 11:50 PM

Jun 2013
Came for the nanjolno, ended up loving the show even though they didnt play the ending song. That was way too enjoyable
Apr 8, 2016 12:04 AM

Jan 2012
Nice first episode

Wish I could have met some good friends I met on MMOs
and they all turn out to be cute girls that I went to school with

LOL
Apr 8, 2016 12:53 AM

Aug 2008
Although pandering and wish fulfilment is strong within this one (sure a socially awkward shut-in like Ako would cling to a stranger in real life like that) it's actually pretty enjoyable. It's not oozing with cliches to the point of being predictable (which is rare these days) so at least it's nice to watch to see what happens.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 8, 2016 1:00 AM
Jan 2016
Ako, best girl of the seson
Apr 8, 2016 1:02 AM

Dec 2015
Too much breasts, bouncing and mini-skirts for this kind of story. Seriously, she's exageratly shy and has problem to talk with anyone but she almost shows her culotte? ... I can her tendencies to be publicly "intimate" since she probably has no clue about behaviour rules in society.

The online RPGs caricature elements were fine, I liked the mention of "money players". Might be interesting because the main characters are'nt the same kind of players, they might all have a different view on game/reality. (something I liked in .hack). Too bad they are all from the same highschool only to make multiple romance plots. (why must it have abundant sex fanservice + harem intrigue? -_-)

3/5
Objective note try: 5/10

Something really disturbing: reading things like "mai waifuu" (some silly japanese english) when all you hear is "my wife" (ore no yôme, I think) in japanese. Since when do translators feel obligated to include ugly very modern slang when there is none?
I will try the french version next time, hopefully will it feature better language.
Rei_IIIApr 8, 2016 1:17 AM
Apr 8, 2016 1:14 AM

Apr 2016
Slowpoke_ said:
Nice first episode

Wish I could have met some good friends I met on MMOs
and they all turn out to be cute girls that I went to school with

LOL

If that happen IRL i consider it a heaven
AmImRaNSe7eN
Apr 8, 2016 1:14 AM

Jun 2013
LOl, this game World and Normal Life comedy about guy who confessed to Player who was actually guy in girl character begins... what a traumas....

Like it..let's see if Anime is any good.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 8, 2016 1:15 AM

Feb 2015
A very strong start. The idea of showing the contrast between the online world and real life is a really interesting idea.
Apr 8, 2016 1:16 AM
Jan 2016
MaxXZoe said:
rsc-pl said:
WUT? I actually liked it, which is rather unusual fot this type shows.
AKO!!!

And for the future: I really don't want tsun tsun route ... but it will be a harem ending... probably.

actually the female MC is Yandere, so there is slight hope of harem

But who hopes for harem? Outside of hentai, harem animes tend to be bland
Apr 8, 2016 1:17 AM

Jun 2013
that question i always get when new season start airing
Apr 8, 2016 1:18 AM

Apr 2016
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Oh yeah , my guilty pleasure for the season is here , and it didn't disappoint . That scene of hideki's reaction after knowing that girl character is actually a guy irl was so funny , rip keyboard . And ako is so cute . Damn hideki , how can u not be satisfied with such a waifu ?

IKR. Hideki is an ungrateful B**CH
AmImRaNSe7eN
Apr 8, 2016 1:55 AM

Jul 2013
OTP of the season is here.
Others shippers no need to apply.
Apr 8, 2016 2:09 AM

Nov 2010
Huh. did not saw that coming.

I was ready to drop but i liked it.
Apr 8, 2016 2:17 AM

Apr 2016
no!!!!!!! ako is mai waifu. If Hideki don want it, just give it to me!!!!!!
AmImRaNSe7eN
Apr 8, 2016 2:19 AM

Jul 2014
A whole lot better than SAO, Log Horizon and DanMachi added together, that's for sure.

Not extremely funny, and some of the MMO "make believe" scenes, especially the fighting make me cringe. But it was quirky and decent. I like how Ako is basically a sociopath.

The two other party members being grills IRL turned me off a bit though. Low hanging fruit FTL.
Apr 8, 2016 2:19 AM

Oct 2015
Smudy said:
That was great, probably the second strongest start after Re:Zero. Very funny and heartwarming.

Funny episode. Lightened up my mood after watching Re:Zero. Hope it becomes the comedy of the season. Looking forward to more episodes.

dankzel said:
My guilty pleasure harem of the season.

We need one of these every season.
obsidian_stormApr 8, 2016 2:24 AM

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Apr 8, 2016 2:36 AM

Apr 2016
Aleskar said:
kyle8998 said:
So is this a harem show?
Ako is pretty cute

Nope Ako is the main heroine. Zero doubt about that and it will develop in this direction.

i doubt its harem. After all, i don think dat "pig girl" ever like him xD
or even dat seitokaicou. Futhermore, it does not even have harem tag xD
AmImRaNSe7eN
Apr 8, 2016 3:14 AM

Jul 2014
This was quite enjoyable as I can relate on the MMO part, I had been tricked as well with irl guys acting all girly and shit like that, tho miraculously I have met 2 girls as well that were pretending to be dudes (they were kinda cute? not as cute as Ako) that part when he lured the mobs and they were just chatting lol, I experienced that too many times.

Definitely will keep watching!
Apr 8, 2016 3:44 AM

Sep 2010
Damn... the series overdid it with all guildmates being girls. With this turning out like this, I can see nothing but another 'advertisement for harem clichéd light novel story' rather than true anime.

It's a huge let down as I was quite enjoying the first part.

Master being a girl was fine, as turning it another way and having crazy girl pretending to be a guy in game is good concept... the fact that she actually turned out into clichéd big breasted school president is extremely bad development though.

As for other swordsman turning out to be classmate tsundere twin tails blond loli... just fucking common! Not only we don't have a single other male character other than MC, but also is there an more clichéd character than this?

Introduction of those two characters was incredible let down. Before that I would even go as far as putting this show among the top of this season alongside steampunk zombies, BNHA, re:zero, and maybe just maybe Jojo but with that development my liking of the series went down hill to the point where i predict that I will soon drop the series.

Based on the title of next episode.. we will be getting an episode where they start playing the game inside the school. Maybe even make a gaming club at that. During the episode the playing aspect will be thrown outside the window and we will get endless amount of clichéd harem scenes that would be funny if I didn't see them endless amount of times before. Do I really need to watch this if I can predict that much? ...

... hmm? I guess I do...

The reason for that is Ako.

MC is quite typical, but this is the typicality that does not bother me at all as well the relatable MC like this is important point of all story. I can't prise much can't hate much.

On the other hand though, Ako feels like the actual character, rather than a copy paste of usual format that the other girls are. The fact that she is completely anti-social and ran away to the game world, completely normal and realistic as well. I thought that she would hold back a little bit in real world but the fact that she can act like her in-game character isn't completely forced, as she can relax near the people she know... if she starts doing this in public though and have 180 degree turn in her real life personality just because Rusian is there... then this show is beyond saving. At the very least there is need for 3 episodes long character development for her, so that makes sense. The hints I was given in this episode though with her immediately turning to her cheerful self scary my quite a bit.

By the way, is it only me that predicts another clichéd in which the old man that controls the meow-girl will turn out to be school teacher/ headmaster/ janitor, or something like that? God forbid if he turns out to be the club advisor that our harem team will probably make. Well at the very least though I wouldn't mind this development as I want to see an old man going meow meow as it will be too funny.

All in all to me this series is both great and horrible at the same time. There are many elements I liked and many that I hated with two clichéd harem girls being the doom for this series. So far the forces are in the balance making me being able to watch the series but I feel like very soon this will change.

Sigh... I came into the episode, not remembering the synopsis and by looking at the image. At first I expected something that I will drop immediately but the first part turned out to be pretty good and I forgot my worries... still when I came to enjoy the series a lot, I was meet with such a let down.

Truly disappointing... There is nothing worse than series starting off good and going down the hill.

(Well I already survived the greatness of first episode of SAO and absolute disaster that followed after it so my resistance is strong)
Apr 8, 2016 3:55 AM

Mar 2016
eso18 said:
Damn... the series overdid it with all guildmates being girls. With this turning out like this, I can see nothing but another 'advertisement for harem clichéd light novel story' rather than true anime.

It's a huge let down as I was quite enjoying the first part.

Master being a girl was fine, as turning it another way and having crazy girl pretending to be a guy in game is good concept... the fact that she actually turned out into clichéd big breasted school president is extremely bad development though.

As for other swordsman turning out to be classmate tsundere twin tails blond loli... just fucking common! Not only we don't have a single other male character other than MC, but also is there an more clichéd character than this?

Introduction of those two characters was incredible let down. Before that I would even go as far as putting this show among the top of this season alongside steampunk zombies, BNHA, re:zero, and maybe just maybe Jojo but with that development my liking of the series went down hill to the point where i predict that I will soon drop the series.

Based on the title of next episode.. we will be getting an episode where they start playing the game inside the school. Maybe even make a gaming club at that. During the episode the playing aspect will be thrown outside the window and we will get endless amount of clichéd harem scenes that would be funny if I didn't see them endless amount of times before. Do I really need to watch this if I can predict that much? ...

... hmm? I guess I do...

The reason for that is Ako.

MC is quite typical, but this is the typicality that does not bother me at all as well the relatable MC like this is important point of all story. I can't prise much can't hate much.

On the other hand though, Ako feels like the actual character, rather than a copy paste of usual format that the other girls are. The fact that she is completely anti-social and ran away to the game world, completely normal and realistic as well. I thought that she would hold back a little bit in real world but the fact that she can act like her in-game character isn't completely forced, as she can relax near the people she know... if she starts doing this in public though and have 180 degree turn in her real life personality just because Rusian is there... then this show is beyond saving. At the very least there is need for 3 episodes long character development for her, so that makes sense. The hints I was given in this episode though with her immediately turning to her cheerful self scary my quite a bit.

By the way, is it only me that predicts another clichéd in which the old man that controls the meow-girl will turn out to be school teacher/ headmaster/ janitor, or something like that? God forbid if he turns out to be the club advisor that our harem team will probably make. Well at the very least though I wouldn't mind this development as I want to see an old man going meow meow as it will be too funny.

All in all to me this series is both great and horrible at the same time. There are many elements I liked and many that I hated with two clichéd harem girls being the doom for this series. So far the forces are in the balance making me being able to watch the series but I feel like very soon this will change.

Sigh... I came into the episode, not remembering the synopsis and by looking at the image. At first I expected something that I will drop immediately but the first part turned out to be pretty good and I forgot my worries... still when I came to enjoy the series a lot, I was meet with such a let down.

Truly disappointing... There is nothing worse than series starting off good and going down the hill.

(Well I already survived the greatness of first episode of SAO and absolute disaster that followed after it so my resistance is strong)

You do realize this has no harem tag , right ? I know mal isn't the best when it comes to tagging series , but let's wait at least before judging . Also what's wrong with the master being the student council president , why is it a letdown ? She's actually cool and is used to portray the annoying premium player which many can relate to. The twintail girl is my least favorite though seeing her pick shwein as a name without knowing it is pig in german was funny and hideki enjoyed it considering she always insults him in game and irl ... I don't mind the nature of the characters , their interactions is what makes me enjoy this anime much ...
Apr 8, 2016 4:32 AM

Jun 2013
A bit generic but that's okay. It was still one of the best executed first episodes this season so far, I think. Very fun to watch and the characters all seem lively. Looking forward to the upcoming episodes :3
Apr 8, 2016 4:38 AM
Nov 2015
Looks pretty funny so far, looking forward to the next episode
Apr 8, 2016 4:59 AM
Feb 2016
I thought I was watching a Hollywood movie due to the Universal theme playing (watched this in KissAnime). This will be my guilty pleasure!
Apr 8, 2016 5:28 AM
Nov 2015
Ako x Rusian ftw!!!!!!
I wish this kind of things could happen in real life too.
Apr 8, 2016 5:37 AM

Sep 2010
DragonSlayer_19 said:

Sorry for looking a hint of originality and realism. I liked master character and the fact that he represents the pay to win type of player... but why couldn't it be any other character but generic type that appears in every second LN.

My rant is happening because I generally can't stand watching the generic LN adaptations and any time I see an element of it I am on fire. The fact that the story changes a likeable character into a heroine from generic LN, is what irritated me.

Also whatever it's a harem tag or not doesn't matter. LN adaptation even if they don't have harem tag, as long as there is 'MC + few girls his age around him + no one else important' it's pretty much doesn't matter whatever it's harem or not. The development will be pretty much the same.
Apr 8, 2016 5:49 AM

Jul 2015
It's nice i guess, some funny moment
Apr 8, 2016 6:04 AM

Dec 2015
Ako is the cutest girl ever *-*

Loved it.
Apr 8, 2016 6:57 AM

Apr 2009
Ako the cutest girl hell no,she will only kill my gametime in World of Warships and i'll kill her with humiliation :P
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Apr 8, 2016 7:45 AM

May 2014
OMG Ako is so kawai
Schwine or whatever... I knew he was that otaku-hater girl
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

78 by k4cper0 »»
Apr 7, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2016

120 by k4cper0 »»
Apr 6, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

179 by RGreatDanton »»
Nov 2, 2023 12:33 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2016

142 by RGreatDanton »»
Oct 29, 2023 6:59 AM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2016

154 by RGreatDanton »»
Oct 29, 2023 5:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.