Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2010 6:51 AM
Jun 2009
loved the ED...the OP not so much though..
the episode itself was really good...i was like wtf o0 the first few minutes though xD.
also the speech part was epic :O..
lvlachineJan 7, 2010 6:59 AM
Jan 7, 2010 6:56 AM
Dec 2009
I'm not sure what this is parody-ing, but it's awesomely terrible, and I love it.
Jan 7, 2010 7:05 AM
Dec 2008
Wow, this school's system is quite.... good actually. It encourages the students to be more serious in their studies, not to mention if they don't they'll experience shitty amenities XD

A strong start for this anime, so many likable characters. I'm sure gonna follow this one, oh and the ED is probably the most manliest thing I've seen in my life
Jan 7, 2010 7:22 AM

Aug 2009
Amazing first episode, I loved it! I'm looking forward to the second episode.

I'm hoping this will be better than Seitokai no Ichizon. Its first episode was amazing but the rest was a letdown.
Jan 7, 2010 7:42 AM

Jan 2009
I approve of this school system. ( ̄ー ̄)
Hmm.. Why does Yoshii look like a retard? I mean.. He looks perfectly fine in the manga ( ̄Д ̄)
Though the op is perfectly fine, something that will never be seen in a manga ┐('~`;)┌
Oh and Kouta's cool btw ヽ(´ー`)ノ
Also, Hideyoshi doesn't looks as much a trap as in the manga (¬_¬)
And I still don't get how Himeji can be a smart girl, since she's quite airheaded. ( ◔ ◔)
Also, I don't remember anyone from Class A stalking outside the classroom ಠ_ಠ Does this account as a anime/manga difference? ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
What's more, they've cut some stuff, and added some other stuff ٩(๏_๏)۶ But that might be for the better, assuming that the anime gets the same standard as the manga. I mean.. Two great stories are better than one, right? ヽ(´Д`ヽ)

As far as I know, it's a pretty acceptable cast as well, at least 2 of 'em which I know.
Kato Emiri (Mayoi - Bakemonogatari, Kiko - Darker than BLACK, Kagami - Lucky Star etc.) and Shimono Hiro (Tetsu - Cencoroll, Hiro - ef, Tadashi - Special A, Higuchi - Asura Cryin'). ( ´∀`)
Think I recognize a few more, but nothing that strikes me like obvious right now. Will look into it though.
Also, I was expecting Himeji to have a super-annoying voice, since she looks like the kind of character that would have one, but apparantly, it's not that annoying
( ¯‿¯)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 7, 2010 7:51 AM

May 2008
Not nearly has bad as I thought It would be, but the pink aired girl still makes me want to kill myself.

And I miss having to do math exercises as easy as those, yes I did some of them for some reason
StriderMSJan 7, 2010 7:55 AM
Jan 7, 2010 7:59 AM

Aug 2009
The OP was making me think "generic" but I was so so so sooooo wrong. This was just fantastic. As I am into RPG's, this was a very win first episode. Also, I really liked gg's subs for some reason ("Jesus Christ my spine!"). ED was lots of fun. I listened to it about twice.

Favorite moments were "Why was I the only one to get a transformation sequence," the voyeur dude's "death scene" and Yuuji invoking his inner Kamina.

And yes, the random "Zetsubou shita" invoked much lol'ing from me.
Jan 7, 2010 8:22 AM

Nov 2009
Oosran said:
And I still don't get how Himeji can be a smart girl, since she's quite airheaded. ( ◔ ◔)

I agree to an extent but you know her airheaded-ness could just be that she's clumsy and lacking in the common-sense department, but not necessarily lacking in the brainpower to think through problems.anything school related...if that makes ANY sense at all XD Like even if someone is a bit airheaded they can still be intelligent/booksmart...*is really bad at trying to explain things* Of course I've only seen on episode so far, so who the hell really knows at this point (and if there's a manga for this I haven't read it xD)

XD; as for the anime itself I actually found this to be quite entertaining, it gave me a few chuckles and the animation is nice <3 I love how they did like a screen tone effect on some of the backgrounds :'D it looked...cool and shiny XD

EDIT:: OMG with this post my post count is now 123 lolol :'D [/random]
Jan 7, 2010 8:24 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Well that was entertaining. Kouta's getting on my freaking nerves already but the rest was nicely refreshing. Blue-haired rep looks awesome, looking forward to more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 7, 2010 8:26 AM

Feb 2008
Haha, that was cool. Chibis are always good and this show has quite some cute ones.
Jan 7, 2010 8:33 AM

Nov 2007
Every bit as entertaining as I expected it to be. OP/ED are also great. I expect greater things to come.
Jan 7, 2010 8:34 AM

Oct 2009
Ahah that was so funny xD Loved the ED :D and the panties-seeing part was just lol
Jan 7, 2010 8:49 AM

Jun 2007
Oh wow, that was easily the shittiest thing I have watched in a while - and I mean I have watched the rest of shows that started this winter so far.

Going to rewatch Mars of Destruction now..
Jan 7, 2010 8:56 AM

Nov 2007
That was great. I've found my replacement for Seitokai.
Jan 7, 2010 8:58 AM

Nov 2008
Mathes said:
Oh wow, that was easily the shittiest thing I have watched in a while - and I mean I have watched the rest of shows that started this winter so far.

Going to rewatch Mars of Destruction now..

I feel you, man.
Jan 7, 2010 8:59 AM

Sep 2009
Loved it!! -One fun anime-

Hilarious to death XD

Ofcourse didnt expect awesome OP or ending themes hence no feelings of dissapointment..

"Was I the only one with the transformation sequence" -Suou should really hear this XD
Jan 7, 2010 9:11 AM

Jun 2008
a lot better than I expected. But I really hate the pink-haired girl.
Jan 7, 2010 9:37 AM

Jul 2008
that is a kind of screwed up school system, but i guess it does give them incentive to work harder. class f is like entirely guys except for two girls, one b/c she was sick and the other b/c she can't read kanji well- just something i wanted to point out.
so they lost many battles but they won the war, bad news class a challenges them right after, how exactly is that fair?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jan 7, 2010 9:37 AM

Jul 2008
Mathes said:

really? Chu-bra! doesn't come to mind? lol

Jan 7, 2010 9:39 AM

Sep 2007
No, he just want to troll ! :D
He dislike little funny creatures !
I'm sure he hate sex with Pokemons & Digimons !**
So far, liked this episode more than i thought.
Jan 7, 2010 10:00 AM

Jul 2009
I didn't expect much from this, but it seems like it could have some cool board game anime/manga strategizing and the humor was good. Shinbo's protege didn't disappoint with the directing, either.

garfield15 said:
Also, I really liked gg's subs for some reason ("Jesus Christ my spine!").
Yeah, that was hilarious.
Jan 7, 2010 10:43 AM

Nov 2008
This is one weird anime, lol. But I guess this is good too if you're bored.
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Jan 7, 2010 11:29 AM

Feb 2009
This is so retarded I just have to continue to watch. And wtf is with KKK?
Jan 7, 2010 11:31 AM

Jan 2009
Alexstratz said:
And wtf is with KKK?
FFF mind you 8D
Or they might just be dunces with the class' letter embroidered in the dunce's hat : p
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 7, 2010 11:31 AM

Jul 2007
Seems fun and good for a few laughs. If it doesn't get marginally worse as the series goes on, I get the feeliing this might be one of this seasons series I'll look forward to each week.
Jan 7, 2010 11:46 AM
Aug 2008
The plot/characters aren't all that interesting but the pacing and comedy is fairly good :'D
It seems to have taken alot of inspiration from SHAFT anime, style-wise OwO
Jan 7, 2010 12:21 PM

May 2009
wow this was the most retarded anime i ever watched. chibis, rpg elements, wtf moments. the only missing thing was senseless shitty ecchi
i'm definitely watching this
Jan 7, 2010 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
nosferatu-chan said:
It seems to have taken alot of inspiration from SHAFT anime, style-wise OwO

Look at what the Director made in his past, half of the staff came from there.
Jan 7, 2010 12:28 PM

Feb 2009
That was AWESOME!Indeed a great first episode!

Aren't those an epic last words?!

The crowd's reactions made me lol

The lion's roar here was sooo funny,lol

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jan 7, 2010 12:39 PM

Aug 2009
OH hell. This was 'unexpectedly' good. From what I've seen, there were lots of SHAFT style expressions. Whitelink, ha? I will keep watch you guys.

It was very random. Comedy was good. I liked it.

'Zetsubou Shita'
Jan 7, 2010 12:51 PM

Sep 2008
lol this one unexpectedly fun. yeah its looked kinda dumb, but if you not take the things way too serious its will be more acceptable to you.
Jan 7, 2010 1:26 PM

Oct 2008
This surprised me. Stemming from the promo it didn't look too appealing but after watching the first episode it was pretty funny. This season might just turn out to be alright than what I first thought. :)

Also check my website for weekly anime rankings of the newly released episodes: http://roanapurblog.com
Jan 7, 2010 1:44 PM

Sep 2007
Ohohohoho this sure exceeded my expectations. It was a pretty entertaining episode. Definitely looking forward to the next war.
Jan 7, 2010 1:50 PM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:

Believe me, it does happen in real life! My sister is so pretty and gets all the good grades, but she is the most clueless person I've ever met. How the two things are connected, I have no idea of >.<

Anyway, I enjoyed the first episode, and the trap :P I'll definitely look out for episode 2! ^^
ShilaJan 7, 2010 1:56 PM
Jan 7, 2010 2:16 PM

Sep 2008
I must say, good show.
"In 2009, in a survey asking its respondents "which manga do you think is the most interesting?" in a pool of 6000, Kuso Miso Technique came at 11th, beating popular manga such as Gintama and Detective Conan." Wiki
Jan 7, 2010 2:20 PM

Jun 2008
I liked the premise when I saw the trailer, but I didn't have any hopes really that this series could pull it off. So far so good, in my opinion. I really enjoyed the comedy and parody in it. A little ecchi, but not going overboard. Seems like it also has far more story that Ichizon did (though, that doesn't say much).

OP was infectious, but not particularly great. I loved the ED.

Am I alone in understanding the battle system, though? >_<
Jan 7, 2010 2:30 PM

Jun 2007
This was far better than what I expected to see! I'm pleased :D

Jan 7, 2010 2:31 PM

Nov 2007
Interesting series.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 7, 2010 2:42 PM

Mar 2009
That was funny.

Jan 7, 2010 2:42 PM

Mar 2009
That was funny.

Jan 7, 2010 2:49 PM
Dec 2007
desolato said:
I might have judged this show too soon on its trailer, it's actually more fun to watch than I expected. So far it doesn't smell of 'generic', yet. Of course, the whole grade system in that school is ridiculous, but the way how they can change classes by improving their grades and winning in the fights are a quite nice aspect. At least they will have something to 'fight' for now. (And hoping that will limit the outcome for a plotless show)

Exactly my thought, I was on the "dropped" side before watching the episode, but it was actually quite entertaining, funny and the introduction of the story, while being extremely limited, still made a point or two. Well, I must say I was intrigued by the fact that Natsu no Arashi and ef's Shin Oonuma was directing this, and it didn't dissapoint me on the visual aspect at all. If you add to that the fact that this show has probably the most original concept I've watched in a while, it's all set for me.

Oh and on top of that, the ED is simply awesome.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 7, 2010 3:17 PM

Feb 2008
this show is actually a lot of fun to watch. lol school and war all in one. i expect great things from this one.
Jan 7, 2010 3:18 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Surprisingly watchable.

As long as they keep up this pace, it has a chance to get an 8/10 from me at the end.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 7, 2010 3:23 PM

Jan 2009
wakka9ca said:
Surprisingly watchable.
Oh lol, I'm starting to get clairvoyant, when I read in the latest mail that wakka9ca had written something, I thought to myself "Okay, he'll say something about this being surprising" xD
I found that pretty funny : >
Jan 7, 2010 3:35 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Oosran said:
wakka9ca said:
Surprisingly watchable.
Oh lol, I'm starting to get clairvoyant, when I read in the latest mail that wakka9ca had written something, I thought to myself "Okay, he'll say something about this being surprising" xD
I found that pretty funny : >

lol. you are being too clairvoyant lately.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 7, 2010 3:42 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
That was actually kind of good! The animation was well done, though I'm not too fond of the character designs or this whole "battle with chibis" thing. I personally really liked the ED and the silly humor. There were definitely multiple times when I lol'd.

Let's hope this doesn't start to fail!
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 7, 2010 3:44 PM

Jul 2008
lolz kinda fast
but interesting
never thought that they would jump from a battle from E to A O.o
but other than that looking forward to ep 2
Jan 7, 2010 3:44 PM

Jun 2007
Surprisingly good, as has been said. I've already seen some of the earlier plot points happen in the manga, but it was well executed enough to keep my interest. I'll stick with it for now.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Jan 7, 2010 3:50 PM

Apr 2009
This is halfway through Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Bokutatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, which are both good.

This is the best one I've seen of the season so far: fast, fun, weird, original, quoting and generally entertaining. I hope they can keep the pace up and not fall in some filler/special filled crap like Kampfer.
Jan 7, 2010 4:08 PM

Mar 2009
First episode was interesting enough :D
I liked the animation and all it's colorful-ness~
But it seems like one of those shows that could easily let me down, I hope it doesn't D:
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Mar 31, 2010

218 by Karva1 »»
Feb 9, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 17, 2010

140 by Karva1 »»
Feb 8, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 3, 2010

160 by Karva1 »»
Feb 8, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 10, 2010

176 by Karva1 »»
Feb 8, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

uis - Jan 27, 2010

170 by Karva1 »»
Feb 8, 4:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.