Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 7, 2016 11:30 AM

Dec 2015
Gidar said:
silverwalls said:
wow this episode was actually pretty good, i'm impressed. the incesty vibes were kind of unnecessary though.

*sigh* ... Cause a relationship between a boy and a girl who grew up together but aren't related in the slightest, not even by some odd 2-3 degree cousin bullshit is considered incest -.-

if you ever had a real silbling you could not only tell by looks, but even by things like smelll whether they are related to you or not. Guess adopting an unrelated person and falling in love with him/her over time blows your narrowminded view ^^

Im still amazed how people just roll with the incest term (that some bullshit society idiots came upt with) on unrelated people who merely grew up together -.-

as for this episode ... hella tragic, i just wished she could've at least gave him a kiss goodbye, before realizing in her dying moments that she was actually in love with this person who protected n stood up for her all this time :((

Im sorry, but I found your sentence hilarious. What do you smell a persons ass to know if they are siblings or not like a dog. How do you smell if someone is related to you. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything I just thought it was a funny post. LeL's/10
Mar 7, 2016 2:20 PM
Jul 2015
YukioujiNeko said:
I think the director went too far with plagiarizing SNK...

Well, GE director main influence is Araki SNK director and worked together before so their style is similar.
Mar 7, 2016 2:31 PM
Nov 2015
Cejara said:

Im sorry, but I found your sentence hilarious. What do you smell a persons ass to know if they are siblings or not like a dog. How do you smell if someone is related to you. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything I just thought it was a funny post. LeL's/10

Well you are kinda a dick cause you assume something retarded/childish like smelling someones ass -.- Like really, first thing that pops into your mind is smelling someone's ass like a dog?

If you weren't a single child you would know that your brother/sister even smells similar to you. Its not like you ever grew up with silbling that fucking smells/stinks after a sunny day/sports/several days with no shower and your like .. oh shit is that me? wait a second ~~

child/10
Mar 7, 2016 2:45 PM

Apr 2014
I waited all this time for this ep & look what they give me feels ;-;
Mar 7, 2016 2:51 PM

Jul 2012
Wow finally God Eater is back and what a great episode to come back to. Lenka's past is really just plain sad, having to see all of his family even if not blood die and it was pretty cool to see Rindow show up and be the one to give that compass and also the kit to test Lenka. Like everyone else I also had that Attack on Titan feeling with the dads death and the sisters death was just plain sad, I did not expect her to slit her throat like that...man the feels hit really hard in this episode. I honestly cannot wait to see the 3 episodes left and hopefully they are as good as this one.

If you want to see my full review on the episode check out the link to my YouTube channel on my profile page where I make review videos on the current anime!
Mar 7, 2016 3:36 PM

Dec 2015
Gidar said:
Cejara said:

Well you are kinda a dick cause you assume something retarded/childish like smelling someones ass -.- Like really, first thing that pops into your mind is smelling someone's ass like a dog?

If you weren't a single child you would know that your brother/sister even smells similar to you. Its not like you ever grew up with silbling that fucking smells/stinks after a sunny day/sports/several days with no shower and your like .. oh shit is that me? wait a second ~~

child/10

Damn someone needs a chill pill. I specifically stated it was funny and made a joke about it (when I used the word you it was meant as an unspecified you not as in literally you by the way) because it could be taken out of context in a funny way like some dumb flashback you would see Peter doing on Family Guy or something. If you can't have a laugh over wording without taking offense your taking things to seriously on the internet. Wasn't meant to be an attack on you at all, I know what you meant by a person having a certain body smell distinct to them especially when its one of those overbearing ones.

As for the episode, I didn't see anyone bringing up the maggots yet on Iroha's (is that her name?) leg. That kind of grossed me out, but I was wondering why didn't Lenka get infected when he got all cut up on the way back to the encampment with multiple wounds, but she get a scratch on the leg and it became a maggot-infested cess pool. I'm guessing it was just used as a plot device, so she had to die so Lenka had to lose everything, just seemed kind of dis-proportional to me consider the MC was cut up from the Aragami attack and fell in a hole with no wound treatment either bleeding everywhere. Also thinking back on it, I find it highly unrealistic that this entire family that found a random baby literally put his life ahead of theirs even before he was tested. Like the Mom made the Dad and Daughter promise to let him live no matter what. Why wouldn't she be more concerned about real daughter and husband and just literally focus on him. Same thing with the Dad that he had a backup plan to leave him behind and the sis had a backup plan to kill herself and this is all for the sake of JUST Lenka. It just doesn't seem in line what a normal person would be thinking, they would want there entire family to survive, not just give up and let this one person live while they all drink the Lenka kool-aid. I mean I get he had the special DNA and he could have a chance in Fenrir, but it seemed like they didn't mind being useless fodder for the sole purpose of just him surviving and not having a safety plan of the entire family surviving some way. I don't know it just didn't sit right with me this whole flashback story.
Mar 7, 2016 4:31 PM
Jun 2009
Cejara said:
Gidar said:

child/10

Damn someone needs a chill pill. I specifically stated it was funny and made a joke about it (when I used the word you it was meant as an unspecified you not as in literally you by the way) because it could be taken out of context in a funny way like some dumb flashback you would see Peter doing on Family Guy or something. If you can't have a laugh over wording without taking offense your taking things to seriously on the internet. Wasn't meant to be an attack on you at all, I know what you meant by a person having a certain body smell distinct to them especially when its one of those overbearing ones.

As for the episode, I didn't see anyone bringing up the maggots yet on Iroha's (is that her name?) leg. That kind of grossed me out, but I was wondering why didn't Lenka get infected when he got all cut up on the way back to the encampment with multiple wounds, but she get a scratch on the leg and it became a maggot-infested cess pool. I'm guessing it was just used as a plot device, so she had to die so Lenka had to lose everything, just seemed kind of dis-proportional to me consider the MC was cut up from the Aragami attack and fell in a hole with no wound treatment either bleeding everywhere. Also thinking back on it, I find it highly unrealistic that this entire family that found a random baby literally put his life ahead of theirs even before he was tested. Like the Mom made the Dad and Daughter promise to let him live no matter what. Why wouldn't she be more concerned about real daughter and husband and just literally focus on him. Same thing with the Dad that he had a backup plan to leave him behind and the sis had a backup plan to kill herself and this is all for the sake of JUST Lenka. It just doesn't seem in line what a normal person would be thinking, they would want there entire family to survive, not just give up and let this one person live while they all drink the Lenka kool-aid. I mean I get he had the special DNA and he could have a chance in Fenrir, but it seemed like they didn't mind being useless fodder for the sole purpose of just him surviving and not having a safety plan of the entire family surviving some way. I don't know it just didn't sit right with me this whole flashback story.

so why didn't lenka get infected? easy he has more resistance to aragami cells hence why he can be a god eater (they inject aragami cells in order to be one) and that's why iroha's wound got infected fast..she doesn't have that. Before you say "how convenient he has a high resistance" remember he's dying because his affinity with aragami cells is too strong (this was on the earlier eps).

As for the whole thing with the faimily i don't see it unrealistic they saw him as their child.. regardless they weren't related to them he was part of their family. i don't believe they planned to get killed in the process to save him, but the fact he tested positive meant he had a real future in this world unlike them and as a family they just wanted him to reach it no matter what. That was pretty much the concept around the whole episode..giving hope in order to get to a world free of aragami.
lvlachineMar 7, 2016 4:37 PM
Mar 7, 2016 5:41 PM

Dec 2015
lvlachine said:
Cejara said:

so why didn't lenka get infected? easy he has more resistance to aragami cells hence why he can be a god eater (they inject aragami cells in order to be one) and that's why iroha's wound got infected fast..she doesn't have that. Before you say "how convenient he has a high resistance" remember he's dying because his affinity with aragami cells is too strong (this was on the earlier eps).

As for the whole thing with the faimily i don't see it unrealistic they saw him as their child.. regardless they weren't related to them he was part of their family. i don't believe they planned to get killed in the process to save him, but the fact he tested positive meant he had a real future in this world unlike them and as a family they just wanted him to reach it no matter what. That was pretty much the concept around the whole episode..giving hope in order to get to a world free of aragami.

See it has been so long that I watched those last episodes that I forgot about the higher resistance with the aragami cells. Now, it makes sense to me. Also, yeah I understand that about hope when he tested positive, but it seemed like to me that they already had it in their mind to save him no matter what. I might need to re-watch it to see if I misinterpreted that part. I wasn't really following it that much in all honesty because I'm not as invested as I was watching it as it released during the first 10 episodes. I also don't feel like re-watching those first 10 episodes just to understand the last 3 again. It was a poor decision on there part to do what they did with airing the last 3 episodes several months after the first 10, for whatever the reason was. They should have just waited until it was possible to release all 13 if there was an issue outside of the studio's fault. That may just be how I feel though, some people might not mind re-watching the first 10 episodes again. To me though, I don't think its that great of an anime to invest the time in doing that even though its still decent enough to see how this ends. I also did play the game for a while to, so I have the curiosity factor in it as well about how the anime adaptation will end.
Mar 7, 2016 9:20 PM

Sep 2011
Fuck this shit. I want the sister to live. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?

Mar 7, 2016 9:54 PM
Aug 2014
I didn't even feel like crying. I just felt the tears trickling down my face and I was like why is this happening to me.

That ED song was timed absolutely perfectly. Throughout that entire scene, the various parts of that song fit perfectly with the scenes. From the timing of the chorus to the final chorus being at the moment when lenka regains his god arc.

This moment:
(sorry for the horrible english subs I watched)

That day...
You had been left in mud.
But to me...
You were like the lotus flower that blooms in the mud.
Mar 7, 2016 10:55 PM

Jul 2015
What the fwuck?

No second thoughts. She just slashed her neck.. That determination!
Iroha's so beautiful in that last scene. I mean, the alternate reality or something.

Anyone knows who voiced her? Was it Ai Kakuma?

Great survival-flashback-episode. I wonder if they can keep this up for the last three.

Mar 8, 2016 1:09 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I hardly remember what had happened before but this flashback episode gave the impression that they will kind of wipe the slate with this new arc. Better episode that what I remember this series being.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 9, 2016 6:06 AM
Feb 2014
Hoo, so that's whose hand was in the OP. Whelp spoilers are spoilers, here's to hope for a great execution of the rest of the plot which was my main reason to watch anyways

Superb episode :')
Mar 9, 2016 6:14 AM

Apr 2012
ronpdee said:
Anyone knows who voiced her? Was it Ai Kakuma?
The credits say yes.
Mar 9, 2016 12:29 PM

Mar 2011
This fucking episode. I wasn't expecting it to be a tearjerker but holy shit, my eyes are watery.
Mar 9, 2016 2:27 PM
Jul 2013
YukioujiNeko said:

Wow SNK is the only anime to ever have a character get stuck under rubble, thank you for this knowledge!
Mar 9, 2016 3:50 PM
Jun 2013
Great comeback episode. The feels are quite strong in this one. Wish this episode had come out earlier cause that would have add a lot of weight to the main character. Well then I just hope this series would end with a happy tone but that seems unlikely.
Mar 9, 2016 4:17 PM

Nov 2014
That was so sad...and beautiful...what a cruel world.
It's a shame that is so short , this anime deserves more episodes , i was waiting too long for the comeback but it was worth it.
Mar 9, 2016 7:08 PM

Dec 2012
Damn that was brutal.

Anyone notice the inconsistency of hair color this epi? xD
Mar 10, 2016 10:11 AM

Apr 2015
Well, that episode got me back into this series.

I now have a dilemma: I forget much of what was going on in this show, but it wasn't good enough to rewatch.
Mar 10, 2016 10:46 AM

Jun 2015
BLmatsu said:
YukioujiNeko said:
If you call this plagiarism you must have only watched SNK in your entire life and nothing else. This type of scene is incredibly common in works of fiction where a loved one is abandoned/left behind in order to save another. smh
Is not only that scene. But now I'm not gonna waste my time discussing this.
Mar 10, 2016 12:53 PM

Sep 2013
Tokoya said:
Almost forgot that this was coming back lol....Nice continuation from where a left off

Lenka's past was pretty sad but hey so were everyone else's :(

Cannot wait for this series to end we have wait so long
Mar 10, 2016 2:42 PM

Mar 2013
good episode by any means,
just doesnt feel like episode 10 of a 13 episodes series.....
from what i remember there wasnt any major find about the aragami
or story development beside of the characters personal story,
so wonder how the story will go and close the series.
Mar 10, 2016 4:01 PM
Nov 2012
Iroha was hot, typical plot-coincidence-dead>.>
Mar 11, 2016 1:49 AM

Dec 2013
A really strong comeback. Didn't think Lenka had a backstory at all.

So many feels in this episode ;_;
Mar 11, 2016 8:07 AM
Oct 2013
Dammit, I cried. (⌣̩̩́_⌣̩̩̀)

It's worth the wait.
ExplodingGirlMar 11, 2016 8:14 AM
Mar 11, 2016 10:51 AM

Aug 2014
I don't remember this anime being so good before! It's almost like a total change. I really loved how the entire flashback sequence occurred while Lenka was undergoing another operation. Really nice touch, and I wish this kind of backstory had been introduced much earlier but nevertheless it was a great choice to show it.

Even though it was short I like how Lenka's dad had his situation come full circle. He doesn't like a world where humans choose other humans to survive and leave to die. But then it came his time to choose Lenka or his wife. In a way I'm glad he wasn't able to choose since that's how he was from the beginning.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Mar 13, 2016 4:42 AM
Dec 2014
I kinda wouldve shipped iroha and lenka, but guess that wont work when she cuts her throat, was shocked and like, well there goes the couple I want..
Mar 13, 2016 9:02 AM

Mar 2015
Can I just say, I was wrong about this show and even though it borrows a lot from similar shows and is basically a blend of a ridiculous amount of various issues I still think it's good.

Damn Iroha, you were the best girl. Why must you hurt me this way?
Mar 13, 2016 9:53 AM

Feb 2015
VanishingKira said:
God Eater is back and guess what it's still shit!

Luckily I'll only have to sit through 3 more episodes of this instead of another 13.

give heavy object a 4 and GE a 3. I usually stay away from forums because of dumb people like you.
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Mar 13, 2016 10:31 AM

Apr 2014
Well this was sad..
Mar 13, 2016 8:45 PM

Jan 2014
I thought I was the only one that forgot all of their names. Pity since I play the game as well. Well, I haven't played it in a while either so...

Anyways, Iroha suddenly became best girl and whoaa. Seriously. I didn't need to see her dying. It would have been nice if she died via suicide instead...
Mar 14, 2016 2:42 AM

Apr 2012
damn back story. Poor Lenka.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 14, 2016 7:54 AM

Jun 2010
Sparteh said:
My favorite episode so far.

Since ufotable are pretty much plagiarizing SnK anyone want to bet that Lenka will turn into aragami in the end? XD

I don't think, maybe he will develop Blood Rage mode.
Mar 14, 2016 3:03 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Felt really similar to SnK (hell, the premise of this anime is similar too), but it was the best episode of the series. This is the third anime that used a letterbox presentation for it's flashback/past (the other two being Gintama and Boku Dake ga Inai Machi). They did Lenka's past right without being too cliche (unlike Alisa's flashback). Tragic past indeed.

5/5
Mar 15, 2016 10:53 PM

Jan 2009
Poor Lenka T.T poor Iroha ToT oh God this show is just amazing!
Mar 16, 2016 5:58 AM

Dec 2015
Damn them feels...

Actually accidentally watched this episode first when I started the series. Interesting watching the first 9 episodes afterwards and knowing his background first. Bit unexpected... poor Lenka.
Mar 16, 2016 6:09 AM

Oct 2011
After months of delay, the show gave us an amazing comeback with an episode full of feels.

The overall quality got better too, props to that.
Mar 19, 2016 6:06 AM

May 2010
Death flags, death flags everywhere... Esp. the sis death was really sad, I liked her character, too. I wish she didn't commit suicide though, maybe Renka could princess-carry her or something. Idk man. The insert song and the last few second were beautiful. Also, incest is wincest here (tho ye, they're not related by blood) I really liked this episode because this explores Renka's motives to defeat Aragami. To be honest, his story more tragic than Eren's, he saw three most important people in his life die in a few years. Plus, the conditions in which he and his family were living, were far more horrible, too. Lenka deserves happiness (not saying that Eren doesn't, but yeah, Lenka has been through harsher conditions)
TragicRomanceMar 19, 2016 6:10 AM
Mar 19, 2016 1:22 PM

Apr 2013
I just wished Iroha survived and they could have passed off as a married couple to get in the walled city. It was sad to see her die like that. The writers already killed of his father and mother, no need to kill of his sister too.
Augustus15Mar 19, 2016 3:34 PM
Mar 22, 2016 10:06 PM

Jun 2014
Iroha! D=

We all knew she was gonna die but DAMN. That's how you make us care about a character with a single episode...
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 24, 2016 12:30 PM
May 2013
Right in the feels T_T I wished Iroha survived , just a bit of fan service .
It could've been an easy 10/10 to make us think she is dead then show her alive ... only if this was not the 10th or 1st episode but 5th .
I hope at least Lenka saves Alisa .
Mar 25, 2016 7:06 AM

Sep 2015
I can't remember much from what had happened before. Shame there was a delay in the episodes; this might have been better had there not been such a long time inbetween.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 25, 2016 6:46 PM

Dec 2014
Best episode so far ... worth waiting.
That Iroha scene ... damn :(
Mar 26, 2016 7:04 AM
Sep 2013
This episode coming back, definitely amazing... It was definitely worth the wait. But what did Iroha say to Lenka as he was running away!? Did she say "Ashiteru?(I love you)" As he was running away? I'm confused, can someone please explain? I know that she forgot something and said "Oh... sorry mom, dad.." then after that she says something but it cuts the voice out.. q-q
Mar 26, 2016 8:54 AM

Oct 2013
I waited to watch the entire series until the rest came out and obviously still haven't been able to complete it yet, but it just gets worse as it goes along. Holy shit can she take a knife to the neck, it barely bothered her lol.
Mar 27, 2016 12:46 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
So many feels packed into one episode. =/ Kind of wish they showed this earlier in the anime. Lenka felt rather stale to me as a character episodes 1-9.
Mar 27, 2016 4:16 AM

Oct 2013
I'm dead inside, this scene so beautiful.

I kinda hoped that Iroha would survive somehow, i'm tired of going to feeltrip, i just wanna rest a bit for love's sake, why Iroha died tho why ?
Mar 27, 2016 2:08 PM

Aug 2014
This looks way better than I remember. Good episode.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Mar 28, 2016 5:21 PM

Sep 2014
Didin't expect this come out and hit whit hammer in my feels. WTH really.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2015

636 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 5:53 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

262 by Tropisch »»
Jan 4, 7:30 PM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

143 by Nikmomo93 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.