STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 8, 2016 4:28 PM

Aug 2009
I'll check it out when it comes out.
Mar 8, 2016 9:09 PM

Oct 2015
DatRandomDude said:
Jesus it looks like shit.

Too cringey for me even if I tried to give it a shot.
I'm Just A Small Fry
Mar 9, 2016 3:52 AM

Jul 2007
Seriously, I heard more of "omg why is the cast ugly and why are the cast females" than worries for writing quality. So no matter if it turns out bad or good(it has a big chance to turn out bad due to writing), I will make sure to see it multiple times just to spite the sexist babies who cry about the cast.

Mar 9, 2016 4:24 AM

Jan 2012
Fai said:
Seriously, I heard more of "omg why is the cast ugly and why are the cast females" than worries for writing quality. So no matter if it turns out bad or good(it has a big chance to turn out bad due to writing), I will make sure to see it multiple times just to spite the sexist babies who cry about the cast.

Ah, we do actually have white-knight beta-males on this board. Who would have thought.
I don't go to the cinema at all so it makes no differnce to me but the trailer really is bad. You can watch the machinima or Angry Joe review and they will tell you whats wrong.

In terms of the cast it's not so much the problem that they are female than that they are not actors. From what i understand they are mostly standup comedians. They should have went with actually witty and funny female actresses and should have tried more to avoid slapstick comedy. The CGI is also not that well executed and the characters seem pretty stereotypical. It looks more like an Adam Sandler movie that abuses the franchise.

BTW: "Him" and "His" are no nouns you Cuck.
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Mar 9, 2016 8:10 PM

Apr 2014
The international trailer is terrible, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Lt02D6xno

Mar 9, 2016 8:52 PM

Oct 2015
I think this movie isn't going to do very good, I hope it doesn't do very good, it looks terrible.

Even if the studio breaks even critics ans audiences will hate this movie.
Mar 14, 2016 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
Really doesn't look very funny. I'll watch it though, since it's Ghostbusters and there are some original actors in it, but I really don't have my hopes up.
Mar 16, 2016 2:33 PM

Aug 2013
I like that some people online are trying to defend the movie by saying all the negatives are because of sexism. When really not even women like it

Mar 16, 2016 3:55 PM

Feb 2016
I'll PASS. No need to watch one of my favorite movies being mutilated. I'll be better off pretending this never happened. Gender equality meaning - make it all a female cast or whatever. Sure thing.
May 18, 2016 9:50 PM
May 2010
Second Ghostbusters Trailer

"I don't know if it's a race thing or a lady thing, but I'm mad as hell."

Aw hell naw! Called it. The movie's a shameless push for liberal SJW gender progressiveness bullshit over telling a good story. What a cheap way to reboot the franchise.
May 18, 2016 10:42 PM

Oct 2015
The 2nd trailer is pretty bad too but a lot of people are just blaming it on people being sexist when in reality they are too stupid to realize that it just looks like a horrible movie. People didn't dislike The Force Awakens trailer like crazy for it having a main female protagonist.

These Ghostbusters trailers aren't funny at all, I've never laughed at any of them.

I don't care if it stars women or not, the movie just looks horrible.
May 19, 2016 9:50 AM

Mar 2014
SolitudeHermit said:

"I don't know if it's a race thing or a lady thing, but I'm mad as hell."

Aw hell naw! Called it. The movie's a shameless push for liberal SJW gender progressiveness bullshit over telling a good story. What a cheap way to reboot the franchise.
Did they just spoil
as the main villain?

What a bunch of LOSERS

Also WFT did they do to Marshmallow Man, he looks atrocious now
Comic_SansMay 19, 2016 9:53 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 19, 2016 9:59 AM
May 2010
Comic_Sans said:
SolitudeHermit said:
Did they just spoil
as the main villain?

I couldn't buy Hemsworth as a dork at all. It's clearly one of those Hollywood dorks that the studio lazily slaps onto the film.
May 19, 2016 10:10 AM

Dec 2012
I really like the OST at least.
May 19, 2016 11:02 AM

Feb 2012
traed said:
What was going on when this movie was thought up.

Jew1: "Hey lets make another reboot"
Jew2: "How about Ghostbusters?"
Jew1: "Great but it is missing something for this generation"
Feminist: "I know! Lets make them all women for this role so we can disprove the myth of women not being funny and not into sciencey things"
Jew1/2: "Perfect that will sell"
*gathers a cast of women who are mediocre at joke delivery and mostly weak jokes are written*

Gawd damn Jews man.
May 19, 2016 11:13 AM

Aug 2013
SolitudeHermit said:
Comic_Sans said:
Did they just spoil
as the main villain?

I couldn't buy Hemsworth as a dork at all. It's clearly one of those Hollywood dorks that the studio lazily slaps onto the film.

I like how for a feminist movie its quite clear male objectifaction. What happened to positive normal body types. If a new male ghostbusters had a super model chick as a receptionist bending over the desk it would be sexist but they don't pick an average guy they get super hunk thor to pose in tight shirts and wear sexy glasses so all the women can drool and thats fine thats totally not objectifying.
May 19, 2016 11:36 AM

Sep 2013
No matter what critique anyone has about this abomination, the apologists always revert back to brushing everything aside as sexism. When that's the only card one has to play, that probably isn't a good sign. This entire project is rotten and has been from the start. From Amy Pascal's scheming behind the scenes, to Sony desperately clawing for a cinematic universe no matter the cost. Anyway, this new trailer confirms the script that leaked back in March. It's gonna be great~
May 19, 2016 11:41 AM

Dec 2012
Skeleturtle said:
No matter what critique anyone has about this abomination, the apologists always revert back to brushing everything aside as sexism. When that's the only card one has to play, that probably isn't a good sign. This entire project is rotten and has been from the start. From Amy Pascal's scheming behind the scenes, to Sony desperately clawing for a cinematic universe no matter the cost. Anyway, this new trailer confirms the script that leaked back in March. It's gonna be great~

I'm not sure calling a movie an abomination before it's even out yet is any better than hand waving criticism because of sexism.
May 19, 2016 11:49 AM

Sep 2013
tsudecimo said:
Skeleturtle said:

I'm not sure calling a movie an abomination before it's even out yet is any better than hand waving criticism because of sexism.

- Leaked summary isn't really good. The person who leaked the information allegedly worked on the film and everything he/she said has turned out to be correct so far. He/she said the film was pretty bad. In all fairness, things might be different because of the point below.
- Sony is currently doing reshoots
- All trailers received poorly
- Barely any promotion until late in the game (same strategy with Fant4stic and see how that turned out)
May 19, 2016 11:53 AM

Dec 2012
Skeleturtle said:
tsudecimo said:

- Leaked summary isn't really good. The person who leaked the information allegedly worked on the film and everything he/she said has turned out to be correct so far. He/she said the film was pretty bad. In all fairness, things might be different because of the point below.
- Barely any promotion until late in the game (same strategy with Fant4stic and see how that turned out)

All of that means nothing. You and others still haven't watched the movie, that's literally nothing but blind hate. None of those reasons are objectively valid.

And sexism does play a part and that's just a fact. There is a lot of movies that are going to be crap but what sets this apart from the other is the gender flip. If it wasn't for it, this would just be another movie that is met with negative expectations only because it's yet another reboot of an old franchise, not the most dislike trailer in youtube history.
May 19, 2016 12:00 PM

Aug 2013
tsudecimo said:

And sexism does play a part and that's just a fact.

HA HA HA HA HA

Yeah thats why the rogue one trailer is also the most disliked because it has a female lead in star wars. Its most disliked because its the tri factor.

Its a shit trailer if thats the best jokes they have to present to the audience to go see it then the humor is shit and most agree. trailers are there to give people a taste of what the movie will be like. If people hate what they see then its not "out of nowhere" to judge that the movies going to be shit. Just look at Fan4stic shit trailer for a shit movie.

Its a shit on the original

The director hates people who even think to critique it, feminists attack anyone who talks negatives about it and that generally makes people hate a product even more. why like something who is represented by people who think all the criticism is "muh sexism" when really its "muh shit SNL movie"
May 19, 2016 12:02 PM

Sep 2013
tsudecimo said:
Skeleturtle said:

All of that means nothing. You and others still haven't watched the movie, that's literally nothing but blind hate. None of those reasons are objectively valid.

And sexism does play a part and that's just a fact. There is a lot of movies that are going to be crap but what sets this apart from the other is the gender flip. If it wasn't for it, this would just be another movie that is met with negative expectations only because it's yet another reboot of an old franchise, not the most dislike trailer in youtube history.

No, what sets this apart is that Ghostbusters is one of the most popular franchises from the 80s. It has a passionate fanbase. Said fanbase wanted Ghostbusters 3 with the original cast. Not a remake. Personally, I'm not impressed with anything in the trailer. The comedy looks awful. It has nothing to do with this film starring females. Fantastic Four is nowhere near as popular as Ghostbusters yet it was the target of seething hatred. All signs pointed to that film being bad and look how it turned out. Now here we are again.
May 19, 2016 12:04 PM

Aug 2013
tsudecimo said:
If you are going to try and be funny, then read the whole context of the post.

If you're going to pretend you possess some objective opinion on the movie try listening to others views. Instead of dismissing the negative reception as "sexism" and ignore all the other aspects as to why so many people dislike it since the first trailer dropped.

Most disliked trailer in ages? must be sexism can't be about quality or that its a terrible style of comedy or that its taking a dump on a beloved 80's icon. Nope sexism. Never heard that argument before. You must know the audience better than they know themselves.

so many people disliked the trailer because they want a ghostbusters film to be good and most of us cringed through the trailer thats a bad sign. Thats why we can pre judge it as a movie because the best of whats to come they show in the trailer is cringe inducing and not funny. I don't pay to go see a comedy movie that makes me facepalm not laugh.

and its fans and even its director attacking people not listening to why they dislike it but pulling the old rhetoric of they're sexist pigs! and insulting and bullying anyone who doesn't like the movie for legitimate reasons makes people hate the product even more. Thats why its the most disliked trailer.
SpooksMay 19, 2016 12:11 PM
May 19, 2016 12:10 PM

Dec 2012
Skeleturtle said:
tsudecimo said:

No, what sets this apart is that Ghostbusters is one of the most popular franchises from the 80s. It has a passionate fanbase. Said fanbase wanted Ghostbusters 3 with the original cast. Not a remake. Personally, I'm not impressed with anything in the trailer. The comedy looks awful. It has nothing to do with this film starring females. Fantastic Four is nowhere near as popular as Ghostbusters yet it was the target of seething hatred. All signs pointed to that film being bad and look how it turned out. Now here we are again.

How is that any different than what I said.

this would just be another movie that is met with negative expectations only because it's yet another reboot of an old franchise

First of all Fantastic Four did not have any where near such negative reception of it's trailer. It was a normal trailer that didn't make people think is gonna turn out bad. And it doesn't matter anyway that F4 turned out bad. Do you not realize how big of a fallacy this is? just because something similar happened, doesn't mean it's a fact that same thing will happen. The whole thing is about premature judgement, idc if the trailer was literally just one character in the bathroom during all of it. Fact remains it's not the movie but a trailer.

Let's not pretend this was the first reboot of a franchise that it's fans didn't want to happen. What I'm saying is it's the most dislike trailer in youtube because of that AND because of the genderbend cast. A lot of people hate SJW and feminism influence in the media. The gender of the cast plays a role in this hate. There are many upvoted comments in the same youtube video that have the gender as the main point behind the comment.

If this was just a new cast with people like Adam Sandler and others, it will get the typical hate. Not the extreme amount of it possible.
May 19, 2016 12:13 PM

Aug 2013
tsudecimo said:

First of all Fantastic Four did not have any where near such negative reception of it's trailer. It was a normal trailer that didn't make people think is gonna turn out bad.

whhhaaatttt were you absent during the lead up to the films release. Everything you just said was false. The trailer was HATED the film looked like shit to everyone and everyone called it. It was surprise to no one when it was revealed the film was indeed shit.

Everyone thought it was going to turn out terrible seriously do you have to fabricate your own version of the past to make your point valid?
May 19, 2016 12:18 PM

Dec 2012
Spooks said:
tsudecimo said:
If you are going to try and be funny, then read the whole context of the post.

If you're going to pretend you possess some objective opinion on the movie try listening to others views. Instead of dismissing the negative reception as "sexism" and ignore all the other aspects as to why so many people dislike it since the first trailer dropped.

First of all I don't believe in objective opinions, it's contradictory. An oxymoron

Why oh why do people refuse to read the whole thing in context and just jump to their copy paste opinion about the whole thing. Things don't exist in extremes. No where did I say or even implied that ALL the hate is because of sexism. I said it's play a role in it, as in SOME of it.

I clearly said there is other reasons for the hate. If the cast was normal. There will be hate for it for the typical reasons.

But to say that in no way does sexism play a part in the hate is just factually wrong. And literally just as bad as someone dismissing the hate because ALL of it is from sexism, not because it's a reboot or because the jokes are terrible, etc
May 19, 2016 12:21 PM

Dec 2012
Spooks said:
tsudecimo said:

First of all Fantastic Four did not have any where near such negative reception of it's trailer. It was a normal trailer that didn't make people think is gonna turn out bad.

whhhaaatttt were you absent during the lead up to the films release. Everything you just said was false. The trailer was HATED the film looked like shit to everyone and everyone called it. It was surprise to no one when it was revealed the film was indeed shit.

Everyone thought it was going to turn out terrible seriously do you have to fabricate your own version of the past to make your point valid?

Sigh. Context, context. In the following sentence I already said it doesn't matter what happened to F4. Making not relevant to a point I was making. So I don't need to ''fabricate'' anything. Though I wasn't wrong regarding F4 but I digress, it's not important.
May 19, 2016 12:22 PM

May 2016
not even gonna watch it!
May 19, 2016 12:35 PM

Sep 2013
tsudecimo said:
-

I didn't say Fantastic Four got the same amount of hate. I only said it was hated. Ghostbusters is a bigger property, so of course it's going to get more attention. And why should people not be concerned when it's an identical situation? Trailers are supposed to be the representation of the final product and most people think the trailers are bad. What positive points do we have to go on? Paul Feig's contempt for the fanbase?

Yes, good films have had bad trailers. Yes, there is a possibility that the film might be good. But chances are looking slim. Troubled pre-production, troubled production, poor marketing campaign, and behind the scenes info that doesn't speak too highly of the project. On top of all of this, it's not the film anyone wanted and it's a remake to one of the most acclaimed comedy films of cinema history.

Are there some sexist people out there? Sure. Is it the sole reason or most prominent reason for the hatred of this film? I seriously doubt it.
SkeleturtleMay 19, 2016 12:46 PM
May 19, 2016 1:11 PM

Jan 2012
What a horrid trailer. I won't watch it.
May 19, 2016 1:17 PM

Aug 2013
So I heard Bill murray according to leaked emails from the same source that leaked the new movies plot recently that Sony basically threatened Murray with legal action if he didn't do his cameo in this new movie. Stating the agreement he had personally with dan aykroyd to appear in a new ghostbusters sequel would and will still apply to this reboot that has little to nothing to do with a dan aykroyd ghostbusters. Murray basically said no way but sony bullied with legal action to make him appear as a cameo in this new movie.

so yet more reasons this new movie is evil, might as well parade Murray in chains to the audience to say "look we have one of your favorite ghostbusters!" If I see it all im going to see is how much Murray hates been forced to do a shit cameo for sony execs.
May 19, 2016 1:27 PM

Jan 2012
Spooks said:
So I heard Bill murray according to leaked emails from the same source that leaked the new movies plot recently that Sony basically threatened Murray with legal action if he didn't do his cameo in this new movie. Stating the agreement he had personally with dan aykroyd to appear in a new ghostbusters sequel would and will still apply to this reboot that has little to nothing to do with a dan aykroyd ghostbusters. Murray basically said no way but sony bullied with legal action to make him appear as a cameo in this new movie.

so yet more reasons this new movie is evil, might as well parade Murray in chains to the audience to say "look we have one of your favorite ghostbusters!" If I see it all im going to see is how much Murray hates been forced to do a shit cameo for sony execs.

Poor Bill Murray. He's being forced into a crap-movie. I'd grab my lasso and save him if I could. This movie is going to be absolutely terrible, I can already taste the bad critic reviews and the feminists standing up for it.
May 19, 2016 2:34 PM

Mar 2014
tsudecimo said:
First of all Fantastic Four did not have any where near such negative reception of its trailer.
And do you know why that is? BECAUSE LITERALLY NOBODY GAVE A SHIT ABOUT FANTASTIC FOUR UNTIL 20TH CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCED THEY WERE GOING TO REBOOT THE FRANCHISE! When was the last time you heard anybody talk about the FF franchise and praise it to high hell? Maybe you have, I don't know, I haven't been everywhere on the internet, but I swear I had never heard of the franchise until I saw a poster that was advertising the movie one early February morning while I was waiting for the bus to arrive. Ghostbusters, on the other hand, is considered to be a modern classic and it still has a very devoted fanbase that won't just accept anything that's thrown at them just because it happens to have "Ghostbusters" in it. The fact that the trailers that have been released so far all look like dog shit also makes it even clearer why this movie already has received such a huge backlash. Seriously, it's not quantum physics, you don't have to be Albert Einstein to be able to figure out why the FF trailers didn't get the same treatment as the GB trailers.
It was a normal trailer that didn't make people think is gonna turn out bad. And it doesn't matter anyway that F4 turned out bad.
See, that's another reason why the GB trailers have faced a huger backlash than the FF trailers. The FF trailers might not have been the best, I'd even like to claim that they were below average, but nevertheless, they weren't shitty enough for everybody to dismiss them as complete and utter dogshit. The same thing can NOT be said about the GB trailers!
Do you not realize how big of a fallacy this is? just because something similar happened, doesn't mean it's a fact that same thing will happen. The whole thing is about premature judgement, idc if the trailer was literally just one character in the bathroom during all of it. Fact remains it's not the movie but a trailer.
If the GB reboot backlash really is all about sexism then where the heck were all them millions of misogynist pigs at when the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer got released?
Let's not pretend this was the first reboot of a franchise that it's fans didn't want to happen. What I'm saying is it's the most dislike trailer in youtube because of that AND because of the genderbend cast.
I am not going to try and act like there aren't any people who hate the reboot solely because of the fact that it stars women because there definitely are but it's FAR from one of the most prevalent reasons why people dislike it. The major reason why people dislike it is because the trailer is D O G S H I T – plain and simple. The so called "comedy scenes" that they showed are awkward and unfunny, nothing new's been added to the characters apart from the fact that they now have vags instead of Ds between their legs (they're trying SO HARD to be progressive and yet they couldn't manage not to make the only black character in the cast the one that isn't a scientist? Not to mention that they managed to make female Winston much more of a token black character than the original Winston was... racism much?), the special effects look cheap and won't even hold up for half a year and the list goes on.

Once again, look at the Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Star Wars is a VERY iconic franchise, even more than Ghostbusters, and the reboot stars a strong woman, and yet there was no huge misogynist backlash when the trailer came out and revealed that it was going to star a female protagonist. Why? Because the trailer didn't look like absolute dog shit, unlike the Ghostbusters reboot's trailer!
A lot of people hate SJW and feminism influence in the media.
Can you really blame them? Considering how the director, Sony and various rad fems/SJWs have been trying to dismiss all criticism with the excuse "muh sexism" it makes it pretty obvious that it was mostly made for the sake of pandering to the SJWs (who, by the way, wouldn't even bother to defend if it hadn't starred an all female cast. In fact, I'd even like to argue that a GB reboot with an all male cast might even receive MORE hate. Why? Because the radical fems and SJWs would see no need to defend it! Some of them would probably even complain about the all male cast and call the reboot sexist!). The fact that Sony also have been deleting comments with valid criticism in order to make it look like "the misogynists dun it!!!!" also fuels the hate and makes the backlash circle jerk carousel go round faster and faster.
The gender of the cast plays a role in this hate. There are many upvoted comments in the same youtube video that have the gender as the main point behind the comment.
Complaining about the change of a character's gender doesn't always equal sexism. Majority of the comments that have the gender change as the main point complain about the fact that

A) the director is a lazy hack who pretty much only copied the plot line of the original story and changed the gender of the characters instead of creating a new, fresh story with new characters with new backstories and new character traits
B) they only changed the gender of the characters in an attempt to pander to the SJWs and then didn't give a fuck about the rest
C) it's, arguably, degrading to women since they instead of creating a new franchise just decided to make a reboot and rely on the characters' gender solely
and
D) feminists and SJWs in general (this isn't even sexist since feminism and social justice are ideologies, not genders)

Sure, I've seen a few sexist/racist comments, like "Females aren't funny", but are there enough of them for us to truly be able to logically come to the conclusion that sexism plays a major part in the backlash this reboot currently is facing? NO!
If this was just a new cast with people like Adam Sandler and others, it will get the typical hate. Not the extreme amount of it possible.
The difference between Adam Sandler and Ghostbusters is that everybody hates Adam Sandler and that we already know that there's a 99,9 % chance that the movie he's starring in is going to be shitty and thus nobody holds high expectations. You can't compare someone like Adam Sandler to Ghostbusters.
Spooks said:

Link?
Comic_SansMay 19, 2016 2:41 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 19, 2016 3:49 PM

Dec 2012
Skeleturtle said:
tsudecimo said:
-

I didn't say Fantastic Four got the same amount of hate. I only said it was hated. Ghostbusters is a bigger property, so of course it's going to get more attention. And why should people not be concerned when it's an identical situation? Trailers are supposed to be the representation of the final product and most people think the trailers are bad. What positive points do we have to go on? Paul Feig's contempt for the fanbase?

Yes, good films have had bad trailers. Yes, there is a possibility that the film might be good. But chances are looking slim. Troubled pre-production, troubled production, poor marketing campaign, and behind the scenes info that doesn't speak too highly of the project. On top of all of this, it's not the film anyone wanted and it's a remake to one of the most acclaimed comedy films of cinema history.

Are there some sexist people out there? Sure. Is it the sole reason or most prominent reason for the hatred of this film? I seriously doubt it.

My whole point is that calling the movie an ''abonimation'' before people saw it is blind hate. I really didn't imply at any point that people shouldn't be concerned or shouldn't hate the trailer. There is just no validity to claim the movie is bad before it's release that is all.

It's a factor, how big is it is up for debate. Which is what I trying to get across. I would say it's prominent. Hard to imagine a scenario where this is just an unwanted remake with a normal male cast.

Maybe I should have linked this video from the beginning.

Heh. It has more dislikes than likes. It just shows how extreme the hate is for this. And many people just like my encounter here taking to extremes, thinking the video is about how it's getting hate solely because of sexism which is not what they are saying.

Oh well the internet.
May 19, 2016 9:39 PM

Sep 2013

To be fair, the damage has already been done. Little can be done or said to stop the train. The PR for this film has been abysmal. Instead of calling the fanbase assholes and fueling the flames, Paul Feig (director) should have engaged with his audience more productively. Journalists have done a poor job too. They've played up the sexism angle hard and tried to guilt people into supporting it. Then James Rolfe was attacked for sharing his opinion in a respectable manner. For many people it's personal now. This is what happens when you treat your audience with contempt. I might have my problems with JJ Abrams, though look no further than how he handled the marketing campaign for The Force Awakens for a good example of how to get your audience excited. Having a great trailer doesn't hurt either. As for another example of a film getting hate before its release, see Batman vs Superman. Bad trailers, awful product.
May 19, 2016 11:14 PM

Mar 2012
I don't know what's worse. That crowd who seems to think all criticism of the film is rooted in misogyny or the crowd of legitimately misogynistic pricks using this whole controversy to get a one up on "DA EVIL FEMINIMISMS!" all the while pretending they're fighting for a good cause.

When I clicked on the Cinemassacre Ghostbusters 3 video (Which is actually a good video) one of the videos that Facebook recommended me was this

And I've just gotta say what the fuck does this have to do with feminism? He didn't bring it up once in the video.

This 'WAR AGAINST FEMINISM' isn't real. The video is literally just him saying 'I'm not going to watch the movie because it looks bad'. He doesn't go on a big rant about how feminism is destroying the world, it's literally just him saying 'This movie looks like crap and I'm not seeing it'.
May 20, 2016 3:21 AM

Mar 2014
SeibaaHomu said:
I don't know what's worse. That crowd who seems to think all criticism of the film is rooted in misogyny or the crowd of legitimately misogynistic pricks using this whole controversy to get a one up on "DA EVIL FEMINIMISMS!" all the while pretending they're fighting for a good cause.

When I clicked on the Cinemassacre Ghostbusters 3 video (Which is actually a good video) one of the videos that Facebook recommended me was this

And I've just gotta say what the fuck does this have to do with feminism? He didn't bring it up once in the video.

This 'WAR AGAINST FEMINISM' isn't real. The video is literally just him saying 'I'm not going to watch the movie because it looks bad'. He doesn't go on a big rant about how feminism is destroying the world, it's literally just him saying 'This movie looks like crap and I'm not seeing it'.
See, that’s the thing: James Rolfe didn’t bring it up, he didn’t even really mention the fact that the Ghostbusters now are women and yet the feminazis and social justice warriors immediately started harassing/bullying him on Twitter and writing 2,000 word essays about him where they accused him of being a ”butthurt, mysogynistic shithead” et cetera SOLELY because he said he wasn’t going to watch it (which, by the way, also is what "AVGN vs. GHOSTBUSTERS FEMINISM" is about – which you would have known if you had actually bothered to watch the videonot whether Rolfe has declared war against feminism or not).

This is what I found when I searched ”James Rolfe” on google news:
Yes, a small part of the hate against the reboot stems from sexism, I think few people would try to argue against that, but like I told @tsudecimo, the actual misogynists are a tiny, albeit relatively vocal, minority and they are definitely not the main cause of this movie's backlash. The main reason why so many people hate it is simply because it looks like dogshit. The fact that mass media feminists and social justice warriors also constantly are trying to defend the movie by writing articles where they dismiss all criticism as "sexist MRA bullshit propaganda" and label anybody who dares to say they dislike the trailer as misogynists and thus only are fueling the hate doesn't exactly help this movie's cause either.
Nico- said:
May 20, 2016 8:50 AM

Dec 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH5rgRXkgAk

Is Ghosbusters 2016 trailer really that bad? the more I watch the trailer the more it just seems another generic comedy. But people are treating it like it's Movie 43.

It's the genderbend cast, honestly. The hate is too overwhelming, just for a typical reason like it's looks very bad.
May 20, 2016 9:04 AM

Mar 2014
tsudecimo said:

Is Ghosbusters 2016 trailer really that bad? the more I watch the trailer the more it just seems another generic comedy. But people are treating it like it's Movie 43.

It's the genderbend cast, honestly. The hate is too overwhelming, just for a typical reason like it's looks very bad.
Once again, sexism is not one of the main reasons why this movie is so hated

I have already debunked this
Nico- said:
May 20, 2016 9:10 AM

Jun 2008
Just saw the second trailer...

MY GOD!

I thought to myself......surely after seeing how everyone HATED the first trailer, they'll show better clips, perhaps the really good scenes to try to make everyone forget just how unfunny and truly awful the first trailer was....

No.

This is just THAT BAD.

Everything is so damn lame and cringeworthy.

In one scene the insufferable loud-ass black woman tries to do a stage dive and no one catches her and she says "I don't know if it was a race thing or a lady thing but I'm mad as hell"....

That pretty much sums up why everyone hates this shit.
May 20, 2016 9:26 AM

Jan 2012
Not surprised by that after all we all know who control Hollywood now .

again and again , Congrats.

May 20, 2016 7:19 PM

Mar 2012
SolitudeHermit said:
Jesus this movie looks so fucking lame. No God damn way am I going to see this.
May 20, 2016 8:17 PM

Oct 2015
tsudecimo said:

That's why a lot of people are mad, it's a generic and unfunny looking comedy and the original Ghostbusters was actually good.

This trailer sums up all I feel about this movie.

MattKitsune96May 20, 2016 8:29 PM
May 20, 2016 8:38 PM

Jul 2011
I saw the vide of James Rolfe and why he won't watch the movie after the backslash, all i can say it's the feminist are a bunch of assholes, he didn't say nothing wrong at all. People can't have a different opinion anymore.

Really, feminists are really that retarded?

Oh, and the second trailer looks still bad.
May 21, 2016 10:42 AM

Dec 2012
MattKitsune96 said:

That's why a lot of people are mad, it's a generic and unfunny looking comedy and the original Ghostbusters was actually good.

This trailer sums up all I feel about this movie.

yeah but mad enough to be the most disliked trailer in youtube? nope. It's the cast that increased the hate. Along with the feminist vs anti feminist people.
May 21, 2016 2:21 PM

Feb 2014
tsudecimo said:

Bullshit.

It has nothing to do with the cast being female, it's the fact that the movie looks bad, now you could argue that lots of bad trailers don't receive anywhere near this amount of criticism but the difference between this and your typical shitty comedy trailer is this is a remake of one of the most beloved movies of the 80s. Most Hollywood remakes are pretty bad, but the trailers at least usually aren't anywhere near this level of awfulness.

But yeah, keep clinging to the "muh sexism" argument without any valid points to back up such claims.
DarkStarr96May 22, 2016 4:07 AM
Where the fuck did Monday go?
May 21, 2016 4:29 PM

Oct 2015
DarkStarr96 said:
tsudecimo said:

Bullshit.

It has nothing to do with the cast being female, it's the fact that the movie looks bad, now you could argue that lots of bad trailers don't receive anywhere near this amount of criticism but the difference between this and your typical shitty comedy trailer is this is a remake of one of the most beloved movies of the 80s. Most Hollywood remakes are pretty bad, but the trailers at least usually aren't anywhere near this level of awfulness.

Buf yeah, keep clinging to the "muh sexism" argument without any valid points to back up such claims.

Agreed, I can't imagine what would happen if they decided to remake "Back To The Future" into a horrible unfunny comedy.
May 21, 2016 7:02 PM

Nov 2014
This movie is going to be shit.

Jeremy Jahns' trailer 2 review is spot on.

May 21, 2016 9:50 PM

Jul 2015
Second trailer was better than the first, and by that I mean, it's like getting herpes instead of cancer.
I'm going to make sure to supply this to everyone who plans to see this movie

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7583 by Toooooooooohru »»
8 minutes ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

11 by Toooooooooohru »»
9 minutes ago

» Is Kung Fu Panda 4 worth watching (NO SPOILERS)

Fukoku - Mar 24

3 by Fukoku »»
1 hour ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3383 by 3miL »»
8 hours ago

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4817 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Today, 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.