Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2016 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol Ranta always being smacked by the girls in particular from Yume.

First half made me face palm at a few scenes in particular with Shihoru. I bet Haru was conscious about that. There's still awkward lewd jokes here and there so I'm not liking that much anymore.

The action was kinda nice against the goblin and artwork is still pretty refreshing. The music was a bit..eh kinda overused in some scenes. Also I feel like Shihoru and Yume has a sisterly-like relationship.
Stark700Jan 24, 2016 8:52 AM
Jan 24, 2016 7:57 AM

Nov 2013
Looks like they still haven't learnt NOT to use insert song at random scene. Twice.
And, thank you for including AGAIN random-image scene like it's the greatest idea director-kun had in mind.

but, eh. Here's some 10/10 ass to calm down your rage, me.
GethemalotJan 24, 2016 8:46 AM
Jan 24, 2016 8:00 AM

Mar 2014
PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT.
Simply perfectly adapted.

When an adaptation is going into later volumes and grabbing info from there and bringing it to the starting episodes you know the people behind it care a lot.
It's just, wow.

Personally, I only wanted the conversation Haruhiro had with Manato at the end, I really, really hope they end up making this scene pay off really well in later episodes when a certain thing happens, they simply have to, god, I already feel depressed.

LOTS of this was anime original, by the way, and I gotta say, just so well done. I expected this episode to end in a cliffhanger but it seems like they actually don't give a shit about that and instead are going for perfect pacing instead.

Dat rain scene. Hhnngg, so atmospherically perfect.

I want to rewatch this episode so badly already.
Jan 24, 2016 8:09 AM
Dec 2011
I start can't tell is Nexxkinn hate this show or he actually love this show.

Oh btw, the "insert song" this time is not for SoL and comes with dialogue, something more close to episode 1's first scene.
Jan 24, 2016 8:39 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
First half was quite awkward to the point of irritation really. The action and animations are still top-notch. More insert songs >_<

4/5
GoldenDevilGamerJan 24, 2016 8:42 AM
Jan 24, 2016 8:51 AM

Jan 2015
Paulo27 said:
PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT.
Simply perfectly adapted.

When an adaptation is going into later volumes and grabbing info from there and bringing it to the starting episodes you know the people behind it care a lot.
It's just, wow.

Personally, I only wanted the conversation Haruhiro had with Manato at the end, I really, really hope they end up making this scene pay off really well in later episodes when a certain thing happens, they simply have to, god, I already feel depressed.

LOTS of this was anime original, by the way, and I gotta say, just so well done. I expected this episode to end in a cliffhanger but it seems like they actually don't give a shit about that and instead are going for perfect pacing instead.

Dat rain scene. Hhnngg, so atmospherically perfect.

I want to rewatch this episode so badly already.

Something tells me that you loved this episode.
Jan 24, 2016 8:58 AM

Mar 2014
Xenocrisi said:
I'm just here for the atmosphere and characters that the novel could never deliver.
This episode delivered all of that, so glad they ended up taking this slower than faster in regards to pacing.
Jan 24, 2016 8:59 AM
Jan 2011
Huh, I expected "that" event to happen this ep but it becomes almost an entire ep of Anime original

Nevertheless, more Manato screen time = win
Jan 24, 2016 8:59 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Glad to hear that this stuff got adapted well

The pacing stayed the same which doesn't bother me at all and we pretty much got more of the same (Nice world building, good characterization and interactions and solemn moments)

I heard last week from some LN readers that something big was supposed to happen and I thought that it was going to happen this week but I guess it's gonna happen in the next episode

Overall good episode, and as usual the music and visuals were great
TokoyaJan 24, 2016 1:28 PM
Jan 24, 2016 9:01 AM

Jan 2015
Paulo27 said:
Xenocrisi said:
I'm just here for the atmosphere and characters that the novel could never deliver.
This episode delivered all of that, so glad they ended up taking this slower than faster in regards to pacing.

I would prefer fast pacing, but I think that a slow pace in this one fits perfectly. I guess.

Tokoya said:
Glad to hear that this stuff got adapted well

Ikr. It doesn't often happen nowadays.
Jan 24, 2016 9:01 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Quite slow pacing, relaxing, and trying to be realistic as usual, I really like this.

They also got better at hunting, although it was just expected, it was satisfying to see.

...but that insert song....was quite unfitting....ruining mood a bit, not that annoying though.

I really hope there would be another cour of this.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 24, 2016 9:06 AM

Jan 2012
More of that slow, relaxing slice of life I've been enjoying so much. Bit of a pervy obsession with the panty-less girls there Haru. :D I feel genuinely happy when they achieve their small victories. It's cathartic. This can't last though, and what is most likely to come seems pretty obvious. I'm dreading it already.
Jan 24, 2016 9:09 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Paulo27 said:
Xenocrisi said:
Personally, I like the slow pace this anime is taking, but for a 1-cour anime, it needs more happening. Hopefully it gets a second season.
Jan 24, 2016 9:14 AM

Nov 2014
The background art and 3D looked especially nice.

Ranta needs to get eaten by a goblin.

Every episode so far has had a butt shot.
Jan 24, 2016 9:14 AM

Aug 2013
Plenty of original contents this time.

Literally "calm before the storm" episode.
Jan 24, 2016 9:16 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is so risky to make an anime like this. By episode 3, many people might be dropping this now, but i appreciate this slow-pacing.

Nothing much happened, instead they are really trying to make us feel the atmosphere with music, dialogue-heavy scenes and great art.

They should tone down the perviness in this anime though, it just doesn't fit.
Jan 24, 2016 9:25 AM

Jul 2014
Fairly chill episode once again, but not quite as good as the first couple. Still, it was very good anyway, so I can't complain an awful lot. I didn't like the excessive perviness at points in this ep though.
Jan 24, 2016 9:25 AM

Jun 2013
It's interesting to see how they spend their days, I assume something bad is gonna happen the next episodes... They're still at volume 1 right?
Jan 24, 2016 9:29 AM

Mar 2014
metsujin said:
It's interesting to see how they spend their days, I assume something bad is gonna happen the next episodes... They're still at volume 1 right?
The last 2 episodes adapted like 3 novel chapters lol.
Yeah tho, midway through volume 1, more or less, I think it'll pick up the pace after this initial part and start going pretty fast.
Jan 24, 2016 9:32 AM

Nov 2012
I like pretty much everything about this anime, but could Ranta just die....
Jan 24, 2016 9:35 AM

Jul 2010
I actually like this take on RPG fantasy.
Jan 24, 2016 9:41 AM

Dec 2013
A really nice episode !
I like the pace that this anime is holding.
I also appreciate that they add things when needed to make a good adaptation as a standalone project.
How many times we have seen transpositions ugly and full of cuts, to the point that the whole anime was hardly able to stand on its legs... and how the project itself will eventually be forgotten quickly.

Very very good !
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Jan 24, 2016 9:43 AM

Apr 2015
Butts all over the place. Anyways didn't expect this episode to be this good since I didn't enjoy ep 2 that much.
Jan 24, 2016 9:46 AM

Mar 2014
is it me or did yume seem and even look more mature this episode? i love the building designs for damroww; theyre even better than i pictured when reading the ln. bg designs really are grimgars strong suit which isnt to say its lacking in other departments.
Jan 24, 2016 9:51 AM

Jun 2014
At least they didn't waste 6 minutes with some SoL insert song montage like last episode.

It's kind of nice to see that these guys are finally beating goblins and earning money. Especially after being (almost) completely unable to do so in the previous episodes. I'm assuming something bad is going to happen soon though........
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 24, 2016 9:52 AM

Feb 2015
Preview shows

Ranta is finally hit rock bottom for me, I tried and tired to like his character but man unless he grows up over night, I prey for his death..Okay maybe not death but stop being so annoying already

Yume and Haru need to hook up I SHIP THEM lol
Jan 24, 2016 9:54 AM

Sep 2011
I can't believe it, peeking at the girls had an actual outcome which caused a short fallout between the girls and the guys. Woah, and here I thought it was just a cheap gag.

I found that largely unnecessary, though it led us to Haru and Yume possible couple moments. Seems Ranta is into her too. So I'm guessing this is the love triangle for this show.

Goblin slaughtering is as brutal as ever but I'd be glad if it wasn't made into a montage, T__T, I just want some clean action for all the relaxing moments.

Ranta and Shihoru are annoying most of the times, in fact if they died I wouldn't really mind. Not really bonded to their characters in any way. Hell, the cook guy is better and he doesn't even say much.

Fanservice was a little more subtle this time, little.

If Manato leaves this group, holy hell, they'd be in shambles.

Oh well, the journey for more new underwear continues.

Edit: Also did the episode forget that Ranta got new vice last episode whereby he said he can summon a demon that whispers to him and tells if an enemy is near. Cause all I saw was Haru using his sneaking ability to find the Goblin and report to the group. His skill was never even mentioned in the montage strategy.
DKNer0Jan 24, 2016 10:08 AM
Jan 24, 2016 9:54 AM

Jul 2015
It's cool, i like it... but the pace should be faster... they could slow it down after "that" even that will happen next episode... a lot of people might have dropped the anime by now... It's necessary to hook the audience in the beginning... then you could slow down... anyway, the productors are giving a fuck for us (ocidentals), that are watching the anime, what matters is japan... if the japanese are liking(I'm not so sure), than it's okay.
Jan 24, 2016 9:55 AM
Oct 2015
The fan service and innuendo was kind of hard to watch because it was poorly executed. However I really like the art, music and character chemistry.
Jan 24, 2016 10:00 AM

Aug 2008
Damn, it's a really good series. Together with Dimension W and last season Concrete Revolutio it's one of 3 titles I'm actually enjoying and looking forward to watch. Visuals are stunning and pacing is spot on.

It reminds me of Rokka no Yuusha in the way that many people are completely mistaken what this series actually is about and have misplaced expectations. People were expecting standard fantasy hack and slash adventure "uuu shiny" series while RnY was actually a solid mystery set in a fantasy world.

Here people expect the same only in a game world while Grimgar is more about a group. About forming a group by strangers who carry some psychological burdens from their forgotten pasts and have to survive in a harsh world they are not used to. A quite well presented world I have to say. Maybe I'm mistaken but I see the whole "trapped in a game world" trope as just a way to create conditions allowing easier presentation of group dynamics and actual character development.

Damn straight, this show has good, solid character development. They don't find any cheesy inner strength, they don't change in a blink of an eye and blast through any obstacles placed before them just to show how they supposedly develop. These characters struggle and try to live somehow day by day with small successes and failures. They risk their lives but don't brood over it or give over dramatic speeches. It's funny how in this fantasy game setting you can believe these characters are actually living contrary to most series set in a (more or less) real world.

It's not about killing goblins damn it...

And boy, I'll feel stupid if it suddenly turns into another "let's go on a quest to save the world" series...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 24, 2016 10:02 AM

Dec 2013
Shihoru is fucking garbage.

But other than that, very good shit. Lovely pacing.
Jan 24, 2016 10:02 AM
Dec 2014
Anyone else annoyed by how weak they are.
Jan 24, 2016 10:09 AM

Nov 2014
Fuck Ranta. Yume is best girl
Hi there
Jan 24, 2016 10:10 AM

Sep 2011
nosazpoint said:
Anyone else annoyed by how weak they are.

There is progress for the team, they were better than the first episode and the previous episode too. I'd agree their growth is slow but it's not stagnant either.

By next episode, they might be even stronger.
Jan 24, 2016 10:12 AM

Oct 2012
This episode was trying to make me ship Yume and Haru which

So far, it's like Rokka no Yuusha with slower pacing, less action and more awkward fanservice.
Jan 24, 2016 10:13 AM

Sep 2013
It was okay.

robis798 said:
Shihoru is fucking garbage.

We got a badass with amazing social skills here XD
Ranta being a waste of air is what's keeping her from opening up, the guy is as fickle as it gets, I can already see many deaths because his useless ass.
Jan 24, 2016 10:16 AM

Sep 2015
Butts everywhere !
Another relaxing episode ...
Oh no this preview, please not Manato
Jan 24, 2016 10:26 AM

Jan 2015
Good episode but they need to focus on their respective powers especially for Manato so we can understand how the fundamentals of healing works.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 24, 2016 10:35 AM

Sep 2014
I'm still waiting for more action to happen. This isn't what I expected it to be. It's not necessarily bad, but I'm not enjoying it much either.
Jan 24, 2016 10:54 AM

Mar 2012
How come at the end of this episode and with that preview...all of a sudden i got death flag alerts?

Serisuly the way they talked...the atmopshere of the episode...and than that preview...i think someone is going to die :(

The pacing and animation are a wonder..best way to describe this series is that it makes you feel relaxed type of show...slow pacing...good dialect...calm atmosphere(it wont last i think) that is the best description for this series.

A fantasy rpg/slice of life in a rpg series.
Jan 24, 2016 10:55 AM

Dec 2013
Moreover, had been a while that I appreciate an entire cast of an anime at these levels, in the end even Ranta XD
Shirou is so cute! <3
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Jan 24, 2016 11:00 AM

Nov 2012
I smell a deathflag coming.
Jan 24, 2016 11:06 AM

Mar 2008
Well, preview shows people sad and Manato's staff in the ground.

Then theres Mary, a Priest as main in the characters.

GG, Manato. Maybe they kinda wanted to build Manato with these episodes so it would be shocking when he dies, which wouldn't happen if they just rushed things.

Well, if Manato dies, because I'm reading this from the preview. He might also abandon them or something.
Jan 24, 2016 11:07 AM

Apr 2014
The pace is still pretty slow and they kill some more goblins

I have a feeling someone is going to die soon

Jan 24, 2016 11:12 AM

Jan 2015
The art in the first half was freaking amazing.

I think it would have been better to animate the goblins battle in the second half.
Jan 24, 2016 11:14 AM
Nov 2015
Yume x Haru pretty please?
Jan 24, 2016 11:15 AM

Oct 2014
Honestly, the 3 first episodes could've been done in 1 episode. They are stretching it out waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much.

And i am freaking starting to hate Ranta, he isn't even funny anymore.

But hey, atleast Yume is a little fun..
ShrimperorJan 24, 2016 11:20 AM
Jan 24, 2016 11:17 AM

Jun 2013
I am really loving the pacing here – sure it's slow, but that's just what's needed. They're taking their time developing the world and the characters in it. The slice of life parts are relaxing and fun to watch. The character interactions are also quite nice. They're showing these kids experience this new world with many possible unknown dangers lurking about and a slow pace really helps here.

The kids, after many rainy days of failure, manage to get on a killing streak as they attack lone and vulnerable goblins in an abandoned city. Nice thinking from Manato – they learned that they can't take on more than one goblin at a time easily. Now with the money they're earning, they can buy new underwear. Good for them.

The next episode shows a rather concerning scene – Manato's staff is lying on the ground and another scene shows Ranta trying to run or something with Yume holding him back. I really hope Manato isn't killed yet reason being I don't really care about him much. If they would spend another episode focusing more on the group together with Manato getting relatively more focus, only then would killing him off have a bit of an impact on the viewer. They did give him some focus in this episode as he led the attack and all, but I think he needs at least another episode for me to somewhat care about him. Oh well, just hope things don't go downhill, everything is going so good here.

Also,Yume is so damn kawaii
Jan 24, 2016 11:25 AM

Dec 2015
I'm really starting to like the slow paced relaxed feel of this show, but with only 12 episodes makes me wonder how it will play out for the rest of the season.

Jan 24, 2016 11:26 AM

May 2009
Pff.. what to think.. what to do..
Honestly: I was very bored. The animations of killing goblins was nice, but basically nothing happened. Again: just talking/thinking about girls: do they wear underwear? do they not? PLEASE.
I would like to see more story instead of fan service.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

464 by Anjopskun »»
May 1, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

489 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 30, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
Apr 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

206 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.